Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Saki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 6, 2014 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And it's over... ;.;

I suppose this episode/finale was a good way to conclude the season with more relaxing moments considering the intensity of the past few episodes. Oh Kodomo you're so silly :p and what is Hajime wearing? LOL.

A fun way to conclude this finale, 7/10. BEACH!
Apr 6, 2014 10:52 AM

Dec 2011
And thus the triple reunion and this series is tied back in with Achiga-hen. And Shinohayu.

And that flashback scene... With that girl in it...

Another great pro.

As expected they end the series on the walk in to the semi finals.
And with this, Winter season ends.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 6, 2014 11:32 AM

Dec 2011
Now I can wait for a Kyoutarou: The rise of the only male club member spin-off (joking) lol.
Saki still seems like the scariest of them all in my opinion.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 6, 2014 11:35 AM

Nov 2011
That settles it. If Rinkai does not make it too the finals, we riot.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Apr 6, 2014 11:40 AM

Mar 2009
And the waiting begins again!
Apr 6, 2014 11:46 AM

Jul 2007
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN. NEXT SEASON WHEN.

The ending had the opening song of season 1 right? Man that was so cool lol. I wonder if i should go pick up the manga. I stopped reading it around here how many more chapters are out?
Apr 6, 2014 11:59 AM

Feb 2008
Well, even thought there wasn't any mahjong match in this episode, it was still a great way to conclude it.
Hayari send that email same as chapter 0 for Side Story of Saki Shinohayu the dawn of age, too bad we couldn't see there.
Everyone with the special effect and a bit on Saki flashback.
Ritz are also working on with side story and this and all of them is monthly release.
So how many years will we wait until we see semi final and final match.
The manga might come soon thought.

Teru was thinking about Saki in the end. It was something that didn't was on the manga.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 6, 2014 12:06 PM
Mar 2012
Now that Zenkoku-hen is over, time to cry on how the sequel will take forever to come.
Apr 6, 2014 12:28 PM

Aug 2010
SUBARA! I really love how they tied in with Achiga, these small things always add to the enjoyment factor. We got a little glimpse into the Miyanaga past, I'm so excited to learn what exactly went down between those three (or possibly more) to have lead to the current situation. Too bad it will take a couple of years to get somewhere again... 5/5, excellent finale.

Winter season was terrible, not sure how big of a factor this is, but I throughly enjoyed Zenokoku-hen once it picked up the pace. Good show, very much excited for the continuation 7/10.

Ps: Having the first OP of the series play was a lovely touch, +10 points.
Mogami-kunApr 6, 2014 2:46 PM
Apr 6, 2014 12:36 PM

Jul 2009
Cloudy-Sky said:

mmmm....
best case in 2017... (achiga hen released 3 year after 1st season)
worst case in 2018-2019... (...)
bruh
Apr 6, 2014 12:42 PM
Aug 2011
Really nice season , loved it , The Miyanaga family is definitely interesting.
Can't wait for the next season ! they should do a +20 ep , tho they should have done 20+ ep for Zenkoku-hen , it's a shame that it's too short..
Apr 6, 2014 12:44 PM

Dec 2011
kei78 said:
Cloudy-Sky said:

mmmm....
best case in 2017... (achiga hen released 3 year after 1st season)
worst case in 2018-2019... (...)

Not really a valid comparison. Achiga-hen aired just 7.5 months after the manga began. But the chapters for that are extremely long - typically 4-5 times the length of a chapter of the main series.

On the other hand the initial anime of the main series ran to about 3 months ahead of the manga, whereas this one is only up to where the manga was at the end of 2012. Although there was a break during the 15 months since then, that's still a significant difference.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 6, 2014 12:52 PM

Dec 2012
Loved the preview at the end, emphasized how scared saki was of kyouko, wonder y? pretty good ending , now for the long wait....
Apr 6, 2014 1:01 PM

Jan 2011
I'm sorry but the boobs this season were laughably drawn to large for some of these characters when compared to previous seasons.

I personally enjoyed the previous seasons more then this one which was a bit disappointing. There were a couple really good rounds. Next season will hopefully be more exciting throughout...whenever that will happen. I don't know where we are at as far as source material goes but making this a 13 episode season was a downer as again it wasn't all that enthralling. If this was a 20+ ep season it would of left more of an impression.

6 or 7/10.
Apr 6, 2014 1:05 PM

Aug 2013
I couldn't help but notice that Hajime seems to have an endless attire of extremely skimpy outfits... :P

It may seem pretty insignificant because it would naturally just make sense, but I love how they managed to sync up the Achiga episodes with Zenkoku-hen.

I enjoyed this ending very much. It wasn't a super intense cliffhanger (because they know we wouldn't be able to handle it if they took years and years to come out with the next season, lol), but it was enough to keep me interested. That little scene of Teru at the end was so good, finally some acknowledgement.

Last thing, THAT SLOW DOWN WHEN MIHOKO WAS LOOKING AT HISA WITH BOTH EYES OPEN, I CAN'T TAKE IT. <3 Season 3, I beg you, please come soon.
Apr 6, 2014 1:43 PM

Apr 2008
I hope they don't just skip the semi finals with this montage, and go straight to the finals.
Apr 6, 2014 1:54 PM

May 2013
That reunion with Nodoka and the girls. Let's have another season of this!
Apr 6, 2014 2:54 PM

Jul 2010
Noyori seemed interesting!
The confrontation of Nodaka and Achiga felt nostalgic, maybe since I did enjoy the few episodes of Achiga.
East Tokyo seemed interesting, especially the girl in the glasses.
Wow when Ako was younger, Yuuki and Ako sure looked similar.
Apr 6, 2014 3:26 PM

Apr 2010
So they catch'd up with the manga and they showed a part of the news Saki manga, tho a very small part.
Question is how long will it be to the next anime if we get one that it.
And when will we get full focus on the manga and not just another spin off because the mangaka came up with a new idea.
Or she simply doesn't know what to do with the finals.
Apr 6, 2014 5:26 PM
Feb 2013
If we are talking about details...
They put a scene in the Achiga-hen but not in the Zenkoku-hen
You know, that part where Kyoutarou walks by a room with vending machines where Saki was resting her eyes (or something)
What was that all about,.. Me wanna know!
Apr 6, 2014 7:33 PM
Jan 2013
powerofemo said:
Loved the preview at the end, emphasized how scared saki was of kyouko, wonder y? pretty good ending , now for the long wait....

It was emphasized on the previous episode that Saki thinks Kyouko was the strongest opponent in the quarterfinals.

Of course, Saki is not very good at analysis. When Kajiki Yumi stole a kan during the regional finals, Saki became a little scared to kan because she believed that Yumi had the uncanny ability to do that consistently. Meanwhile, Yumi mused to herself that she might have used up all of her luck for the entire year with that single hand. Maybe Saki thinks Kyouko was scary because she is a normal that could stand her ground against abnormal mahjong monsters.

That being said, I wonder if Kyouko developed a supernatural ability, as well. Seems unlikely since Himematsu is a team of normals and there was such a major backlash when Shizuno developed her ability (although I figured there was a fair amount of foreshadowing in regards to that one, so people were just freaking out over nothing, IMO). More realistically, Kyouko figured out a way to fight Saki's style. Or she's just really determined.

We also get to see who the Vice-Captain and Captain (4th and 5th player) of Usuzan (the darkhorse school introduced in this episode; the first player who has hair that completely covers one eye is called Gardevoir by fans). Since the girl who is trying to become an idol that outshines Hayarin (because of her mahjong teammates' efforts) appeared first, she's the Vice-Captain. The girl with the triangular pupils who appears afterwards (the whole red clouds and sea thing) must be the Captain, then. Refer to this chart. The Vice-Captain is thus the one on the far right and the Captain is the one in the middle.

https://24.media.tumblr.com/4f54497b0bdc845cfffde4882cc2236c/tumblr_n3clpyp2eu1s6x4k6o1_500.png

This means that this semifinals game will have two 1st years and two 3rd years in the Captain match (assuming Megan keeps her position as Vice-Captain; she ran away when Touka entered Cold Touka mode. Touka played as the Vice-Captain, so that means Megan was most likely a Vice-Captain, as well). Saki and Nelly Virsaladze are the first years; Kyoko and Shishihara Sawaya are the third years.
Apr 6, 2014 8:01 PM

Jun 2012
So now, I can only pray and hope we get a continuation soon (But I'm not too optimistic about the "soon").
Apr 6, 2014 9:20 PM

Dec 2013
This episode seriously was bettet than I would have imagined. I tought, due to be the last episode, it won't be any exciting or there won't be any new things but I was so wrong.

We saw the past from Miyanaga Saki, which seems to be a tragic past. It also could be the reason, why Teru and Saki are on those terms, so I really liked that, that they bring up something new in the last episode

There were a lot of things, which resembled Achiga-hen, the ones who saw Achiga-hen should see that clearly. Also we see now, how it's going on.

In the near end, there is the long waited beach-scene with the Girls of Eisui and Miyamori. Sad that they just showed a little bit of the beach-scene I was kinda looking forward for more.

At the end, there was again a nice PV of the game, the semi-final will conclude. The abilitys seems pretty amazing, I'm really looking forward to see it. And then in the end, so the last seconds, there was Miyanaga Teru standing on the roof and saying "Saki", which may for other people just be a name and a word, but for me this word was filled with tons of emotions.

All in all this Anime was great and I really enjoyed it to watch. Now it means to wait for the next Season, I'm really looking forward to it. This Anime get's a rating of 8/10 Points, would want to give ten if it would have been a 2-cour-Anime.
Apr 6, 2014 9:46 PM

Jan 2014
Why do I feel like this is just beginning? The blonde girl, she must've died right? I have so many questions..ugh!!!
Apr 6, 2014 10:05 PM

Aug 2013
Ako's pretty so Yuuki has something to look forward to when she grows up...if she grows that is lol

Mihoko's bento full of love, and Hisa with the meaningful look omg. I want more T__T Why must this come to an end? That SakixNodoka moment in the ED too. Ah...see you in five years.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 7, 2014 2:56 AM

Jun 2010
xchee said:
Ako's pretty so Yuuki has something to look forward to when she grows up...if she grows that is lol

Mihoko's bento full of love, and Hisa with the meaningful look omg. I want more T__T Why must this come to an end? That SakixNodoka moment in the ED too. Ah...see you in five years.

Aww, Yuuki is already beautiful <3
Apr 7, 2014 3:20 AM

Jan 2014
Saki's past was revealed again. Aah, I'm dying to know what really happened u.u

Highlights of this episode:
http://s18.postimg.org/irmfdxcvt/Saki_Zenkoku_hen_13_01.png
Yuki is such a pervert~

http://s27.postimg.org/k423ca7f7/Saki_Zenkoku_hen_13_02.png
that look hngg~

http://s17.postimg.org/rlazihd6n/Saki_Zenkoku_hen_13_03.png
aww~

Jumped of joy when Teru was thinking about Saki :')
Apr 7, 2014 3:25 AM

Aug 2012
It was nice to have an episode focusing on Kiyosumi again. I didn't enjoy this season as much as the original because there seemed to be a bigger focus on the other teams. I liked the way the first season managed to show you enough of a glimpse at the other teams' backstories to make you feel for them, but Kiyosumi was still the main focus. In Zenkoku-hen I didn't feel that it was balanced as well.

It's disappointing that the manga is moving so slowly, I'm keen to get to the finals!
Apr 7, 2014 3:43 AM

Dec 2012
now we have to wait for a year or two for a sequel...

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Apr 7, 2014 3:56 AM

Mar 2008
A shame it took most of the season to get into the groove. Looks like it's hibernation time.
Apr 7, 2014 4:07 AM

Apr 2009
Might Pick up the manga now, looks like this series finishes on chapter 106, so there's roughly 17 more chapters out so far.
Apr 7, 2014 4:40 AM

Mar 2012
i don`t wan`t to wait for 4 more years for season 3.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 7, 2014 6:25 AM

Apr 2011
DAT Hajime outfit.
Underwears are a figment of imagination. - FACT
Apr 7, 2014 11:03 AM
Dec 2011
Not a bad way to end the season. Now we just have to wait for the next one. :( with the rate the manga is progressing we're looking for at least a few years at this rate. The match that ended in ep 12 took roughly 30 chapters to finish and we're about 15 chapters into the next match right now. Looking to at least another year before the semi-final match finishes in all likelihood. At which point we might get a third season.
Then we have the finals where all the plots converge so probably at least 30 chapters (aka 3 years) for that before we even think of getting an adaptation.
Apr 7, 2014 12:21 PM

Apr 2011
Good finale, pretty decent show though it really lacked what made the first series so interesting. At least they were able to pull it together at the end with Saki going BEAST MODE. Nodoka had huge tits even when she was a grade schooler, lol. She was a regular Airi ;)

7/10 ... let's hope it's not another 3 years before the semifinals.
Apr 7, 2014 3:59 PM
May 2011
Any of the manga readers pick up on the Shinohayu reference? Why do I feel like that timeline is going to come full circle in the Saki timeline, particularly at the finals?
Lystria Densine
Chaotic Good, and misunderstood.
Apr 8, 2014 7:34 AM

Jan 2011
getting so close to the manga, prepare for another long wait...

nice ending to the season, just like the previous ones :)
Apr 8, 2014 4:01 PM

Sep 2013
See you guys in 2019.
Though, the manga has been publishing more frequently lately. If they do 1 arc per match, then late 2014 or early 2015 doesn't sound crazy for the semis.
Apr 8, 2014 5:23 PM

Dec 2012
Another fun season, pretty much felt like more of the same (in a good way). Hope to see the rest of this tournament play out one day. Nodoka's encounter with her old friends has put me in the mood to watch Achiga-hen in the near future.

Going to say a 7/10 to compliment season 1. Liked the matches (despite barely knowing what was going on, but got a better handle of it!) and the backgrounds on the various players were nice as well.
Apr 8, 2014 10:39 PM

Mar 2012
Needs more mahjong anime. Oh well, just hope that the 4-5 years will be worth the wait..
[san - an - kō][サンアンコウ] [三暗刻]
Apr 9, 2014 12:40 AM

Jul 2012
Another wonderful season of Saki ends ;_;

It'll be sorely missed. It's sad knowing how long I'll have to wait until another one comes along...

But it was a very nice ending :) We get a glimpse into Saki's past and some Hajime fanservice. That outfit... xD

And man those teasers at the end D: just showing snippets of the epicness in the semi-finals got my heart pounding faster that a speeding bullet.

I'm dying to see the semi-finals (and finals) animated. I don't just want it...I need it!

My fun and excitement levels are always at their maximum when watching Saki. I enjoyed the mahjong matches more than I've enjoyed anything in a long time.

S2 loses to S1 only in length (it had more exciting matches)...and I like the battle music in S1 better.
8.5/10 for now which may go up after I rewatch and experience the amazingness that is Saki again, happened with S1 :D
Ga_LaxyApr 9, 2014 12:49 AM
Apr 9, 2014 12:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
now if only the manga moved a BIT faster everything would be perfect
Apr 9, 2014 8:53 AM

Mar 2009
that scene in the end of the episode~ damn~

manga is too slow~ geez~
Apr 9, 2014 2:40 PM

Jan 2013
I personally don't think the sequel will take as long as we all think... Because Saki: Achiga-hen was completed in July 2012 and later that year the specials were released in December of 2012. So I think the same thing will happen (hopefully) where we will get the rest of the national episodes later this year! I do think this episode is a great lead in to the next season/continuation!!! ^^
Main Maloween Candy:

Bonus Room Candy: x3

Apr 9, 2014 3:33 PM

Oct 2007
Where is the Kickstarter for the next season?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 9, 2014 3:58 PM

Jul 2011
So...

3rd season when??
Apr 10, 2014 4:27 PM

Dec 2012
ainky said:
So...

3rd season when??

Not any time soon, manga comes out roughly once a month, and with only around 16 pages each chapter.... The time difference between season 1 and zenkoku was around 5 years. This was because season 1 got to the same place the manga was, and it took those years to animate up to semis, (a little less actually since manga got up to third players match) But in terms of chapters so far, every character's match has been longer than in the quarterfinals, so sakis and nodokas match will take a while to come out. I give it 2+ years, if we're lucky.
Apr 11, 2014 8:15 PM

Jan 2012
damn shes busting out a katana
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 11, 2014 11:03 PM

Jun 2012
powerofemo said:
ainky said:
So...

3rd season when??

Not any time soon, manga comes out roughly once a month, and with only around 16 pages each chapter.... The time difference between season 1 and zenkoku was around 5 years. This was because season 1 got to the same place the manga was, and it took those years to animate up to semis, (a little less actually since manga got up to third players match) But in terms of chapters so far, every character's match has been longer than in the quarterfinals, so sakis and nodokas match will take a while to come out. I give it 2+ years, if we're lucky.

If we're lucky? I'm not a manga reader, but from what I heard it does seem like it is going really slow like you say. So I'm not really surprised, but I feel depressed anyway.
Apr 13, 2014 12:54 AM

Oct 2012
DAMN DAMN DAMN TOO AWESOME.

Dat narrator and ED...so NOSTALGIC *w*

Now to wait another 4 years for a new season ;______________________;

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What happened after the anime? Spoil me the whole thing

netobiker - Dec 9, 2023

2 by netobiker »»
Dec 9, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Saki: Zenkoku-hen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

39 by Meritas »»
Aug 25, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Saki: Zenkoku-hen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

36 by Meritas »»
Aug 24, 2023 12:43 PM

Poll: » Saki: Zenkoku-hen Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

38 by Destroyer31 »»
May 13, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Saki: Zenkoku-hen Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

42 by Destroyer31 »»
May 13, 2023 7:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.