Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Saki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2014 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, fast episode. Kyouko :o

Definitely got some wow moments in this episode. Toyone was pretty funny too but this match got heated up fast and I liked it. A lot of impressive moves, nice.
Mar 9, 2014 11:28 AM
Oct 2013
That's not the voice of Toyone that I expected. It seems odd to have such a high-pitched voice come from such a tall girl.
Mar 9, 2014 11:47 AM

Feb 2008
Indeed we got many impressive moves.
I like this episode.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 9, 2014 12:11 PM

Dec 2011
Usuzumi finally gets her yakuman tsumo, but the net result isn't much of one for her, especially given how incredible her playing style usually is.

And the insane final players' match begins.

Kyouko hits the ground running, trying to end the match as fast as possible. That might work if it were one hanchan, I guess. But there's no way that is a sufficient strategy to see you through two with that sort of point difference.

Especially when you get beaten down like that...

Toyone to the front line. No riichi for you, Kyouko. Or anyone else for that matter...

Her voice actress really adds to her character. I never really liked her from the manga.
kuuderes_shadowMar 9, 2014 12:17 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 9, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2007
Can something that absurd be real???

ARE YOU KIDDING ME >.>

She has team mates that can summon ancient gods rofl. Saki being Saki as usual. Being a Mahjong player myself i get irritated at her Rinshans lol. Oya richii-KAN-Rinshan BULLSHIT!!!! <3 <3

Oh well I still love it though. Toyone is kinda weird but meh. Can't wait for next ep.
Mar 9, 2014 1:48 PM

Apr 2010
With the rate this is going and the manga i wonder how many years it will be before we finally get to see the finals since the mangaka started on another mange ones again.
I don't mind all these new manga but it would be nice to see the finals for ones.

Seeing Toyone in action is nice tho it's also nice the finally see Saki in action again after such a long time.
Even tho i already seen this match in the manga i am really looking forward to it, and despite having seen it in the manga it moves at such a pace that i am wondering how things went again.
Mar 9, 2014 5:16 PM

Jan 2014
Glad to see the return of Saki ^w^

Toyone's "Toyone Right Behind You" is kinda amazing~

Wanna see Kasumi's offensive playing, though.
Mar 9, 2014 5:54 PM
Aug 2009
Cloudy-Sky said:
Can something that absurd be real???

ARE YOU KIDDING ME >.>

She has team mates that can summon ancient gods rofl. Saki being Saki as usual. Being a Mahjong player myself i get irritated at her Rinshans lol. Oya richii-KAN-Rinshan BULLSHIT!!!! <3 <3

Oh well I still love it though. Toyone is kinda weird but meh. Can't wait for next ep.

I think that was a mistranslation. In the manga she says "does she really have such a strange ability?"

And I love Toyone, she's one of my favorites from Miyamori, only behind Sae. I think that voice makes her delightfully creepy.
Mar 9, 2014 5:57 PM
Mar 2012
This episode reminds me of how much I missed Saki's rinshan kaihou. Toyone was the star this episode though.
Mar 9, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2012
Finely Saki up to play
Mar 9, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2008
Cloudy-Sky said:
Being a Mahjong player myself i get irritated at her Rinshans lol.

I feel you, especially when she did that triple kan rinshan in the first season.
I get a rinshan like once every 50 kan while in tenpai.

Actually would be hilarious to see an insane Saki pull off a suu kantsu by using kan four time in a row.
Mar 9, 2014 10:05 PM

Aug 2013
I thought Toyone was a bit creepy in the manga, now she's even creepier haha. If it passes...riichi...right behind you...right behind you...
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 10, 2014 12:49 AM
Jun 2011
Shangetsu said:
Cloudy-Sky said:

I feel you, especially when she did that triple kan rinshan in the first season.

Actually would be hilarious to see an insane Saki pull off a suu kantsu by using kan four time in a row.
without spoil i will just say you didnt sew the full scary side of saki yet
Mar 10, 2014 1:54 AM

Apr 2009
How much further has the manga gone compared to where we are in the anime? I was assuming we'd see Kiyosumi vs Shiraitodai in this season, but with 4 episodes left, that's obviously not going to happen.
Mar 10, 2014 6:53 AM

Apr 2011
Toyone = best girl.
Mar 10, 2014 7:23 AM

Jul 2008
elior1 said:
Shangetsu said:
Cloudy-Sky said:

without spoil i will just say you didnt sew the full scary side of saki yet

If you'd check my list you'd see that I'm up to date with the manga.
Still I don't remember Saki doing anything better than that triple kan rinshan she did in the first season.
That's probably because Rits want to keep Saki going all out for the final.
Mar 10, 2014 8:25 AM

Aug 2013
Rydako said:
How much further has the manga gone compared to where we are in the anime? I was assuming we'd see Kiyosumi vs Shiraitodai in this season, but with 4 episodes left, that's obviously not going to happen.

"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 10, 2014 11:03 AM

Aug 2008
Nodoka:That was quite the coincidence.

LOL! Nodoka still in denial.

Has Saki took off her socks?
ZapredonMar 10, 2014 11:07 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 10, 2014 11:47 AM

Mar 2008
Finally some nicely animated episode, previous eps were so bland. Also i quite liked Toyone's and Kasumi's VAs
Mar 10, 2014 7:27 PM

Sep 2012
I waited years for those pursuit riichis!! Toyoneeee!

Mar 10, 2014 8:04 PM

Dec 2012
xchee said:
Rydako said:

I honestly don't even think we'll see Kiyosumi vs Shiraitodai Spring next year, the manga pacing has slowed down to like a chapter a month, with short chapters at that. Sakis match alone is always 10+ chapters so yeah. Perhaps the next Saki anime will give us the Semifinals with Kiyosumi vs. Rinkai and in maybe 2 years after that the Finals! It's a long way from the individual tournament, and the series hinted a world cup arc during the training camp.
Mar 11, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2008
I think we only have 4 more episodes left.

Among all the new characters introduced in Saki Zenkoku-hen,here's my favorite characters for each school.

Himematsu-Hiroe Atago
Miyamori-Sae Usuzawa(but I think I might like Toyone as we see more of her later on)
Eisui-Hatsumi Usuzumi

Oh,I like that BGM when Hatsumi going to score. So intense.
ZapredonMar 11, 2014 11:14 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 11, 2014 10:49 PM

Mar 2013
Nodaka's match annoyed the heck out of me. How can she be so clueless? Every single hand, that girl from Eisui was calling pon on the wind tiles and Nodaka just kept playing into them. I haven't read the manga yet so I was really waiting for Nodoka to do something amazing...very disappointed.

I'm hoping for Saki to jump to 1st place but I also love Toyone. She's so different.

I love the music in this anime. It's exciting.
Mar 12, 2014 7:50 PM

Jun 2010
"That was quite the coincidence." XD I LOVE NODOKA.

Mar 13, 2014 4:32 AM

Jul 2012
Finally, Saki's rinshan kaihou <3

If only I had that kind of ability...

This match is fiery from the start and I'm loving it!

I didn't expect Toyone's voice to be like that but I really like it. Adds in the creepiness factor.

Can't wait for the next few episodes. I know they're going to be epic *_*
Mar 13, 2014 4:41 AM

Dec 2011
Cloudy-Sky said:
Being a Mahjong player myself i get irritated at her Rinshans lol. Oya richii-KAN-Rinshan BULLSHIT!!!! <3 <3

I've done exactly that once. So it does happen. Although the situation there was rather different.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 13, 2014 2:31 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Toyone's actually pretty creepy lol

I think it's kind of amazing just how awesome it feels just by seeing the screen split over to Saki's somewhat scary smile while declaring Kan; it's like awww yeah, finally back in business :P
Mar 15, 2014 3:30 AM

Feb 2013
So excited that Saki is playing now.

I can't wait.
Mar 18, 2014 10:44 PM

Jan 2012
i thought the chair would explode when saki sits on it
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 19, 2014 12:03 PM

Apr 2011
Am I the only one who thinks that Nodoka comes off as rock-stupid in this match? She shows off her angel powers early in the match, and then spends the rest of the time staring blankly like Saki put roofies in her tea, lol. And she NEVER seems to grasp how she's playing into the loli's hands with her discards. I thought Nodoka was supposed to be good at this game? I get that she doesn't prepare at all for her opponents, but you'd think she'd be able to grasp their strategies after playing into it like 20 times.

Time for Saki to make up for her girlfriend's suck-fest. I'm a bit disappointed that this season is going to have exactly one team match and then be over again for who knows how long. The ending to this match is of course a foregone conclusion, since this is the main character's team. Should still be fun to watch how it plays out.
Mar 19, 2014 12:56 PM

Dec 2011
Blind_Guardian said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Nodoka comes off as rock-stupid in this match? She shows off her angel powers early in the match, and then spends the rest of the time staring blankly like Saki put roofies in her tea, lol. And she NEVER seems to grasp how she's playing into the loli's hands with her discards. I thought Nodoka was supposed to be good at this game? I get that she doesn't prepare at all for her opponents, but you'd think she'd be able to grasp their strategies after playing into it like 20 times.

Because it isn't really 'strategy'.

Even if someone were to call every wind tile at the earliest possible opportunity, the chance of them forming or even getting tenpai for a wind-based yakuman is still ridiculously small. And if you are up against someone who does something like that, discarding those tiles as soon as possible before they can call them is usually an effective counter strategy. You've got to remember that Nodoka sees the game as it is, not through the lense of a the final stages of a tournament which has already been stated as being effective in pushing forwards a small number of people with supernatural abilities that assist with (and at times completely dominate) their play.

Nodoka's skill comes from playing like a real skilled mahjong player - she plays fast, she is very effective at defensive play, she gives away nothing to her opponents, and she is good at calculating the best way of getting tenpai when on the attack.
Apr 5, 2014 4:59 PM

Apr 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
Blind_Guardian said:

Even if someone were to call every wind tile at the earliest possible opportunity, the chance of them forming or even getting tenpai for a wind-based yakuman is still ridiculously small. And if you are up against someone who does something like that, discarding those tiles as soon as possible before they can call them is usually an effective counter strategy. You've got to remember that Nodoka sees the game as it is, not through the lense of a the final stages of a tournament which has already been stated as being effective in pushing forwards a small number of people with supernatural abilities that assist with (and at times completely dominate) their play.

Nodoka's skill comes from playing like a real skilled mahjong player - she plays fast, she is very effective at defensive play, she gives away nothing to her opponents, and she is good at calculating the best way of getting tenpai when on the attack.

OK, so the superpowers that the girls demonstrate are not realistic mahjong, I think we understand that. Still, there are ways to counter those abilities, which is something monocle-girl easily sees through. Instead of catching on as well, Nodoka keeps discarding tiles that the loli is after, playing into her hands. Plus she has super-mahjong powers as well, remember? She flashed her angel power-up early in the match, then went catatonic for the rest of the game.
Apr 24, 2014 8:45 AM

May 2012
Finally we're able to see Saki play and that long girl which seems quite interesting on her own as well! Let's see what will happen next!
Apr 24, 2014 12:46 PM

Dec 2008
Holyyyyyyyyyyyyy crap! Oh lawd. I was sad that Nodoka didn't have super awesomely awesome hands, but the fifth match...First time I saw Toyone in ep 1 or 2, I thought she was cool, but this? Damn it! One of my top favs now! That was too badass.
Jul 25, 2014 7:57 AM

Aug 2013
Blind_Guardian said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

OK, so the superpowers that the girls demonstrate are not realistic mahjong, I think we understand that. Still, there are ways to counter those abilities, which is something monocle-girl easily sees through. Instead of catching on as well, Nodoka keeps discarding tiles that the loli is after, playing into her hands. Plus she has super-mahjong powers as well, remember? She flashed her angel power-up early in the match, then went catatonic for the rest of the game.

Well.. I'm not sure how to put it but imagine yourself playing online mahjong and a player goes after those tiles. I don't think you'd take into account a wind-based yakuman to happen.. try doing that and see if you'll get it. It's nearly impossible.. that's just how it is. She's just playing like any ordinary people would.. that's her play style. The thing is she see it as playing normal mahjong without considering anyone having any abilities. Why bother to counter with a 1/10000 chance winning hand.

Toyone had a drak impression in the manga.. but hearing her voice is.. hrnnnggggg.
I like how they added some scenes to better know the characters.. the manga didn't had that much interactions.
Saki isn't on fire yet.
Aug 14, 2016 6:39 PM

Feb 2013
Finally get to see Saki play. Let's see how she does.
Aug 4, 2017 8:06 AM

Jul 2015
The last match starts faster than expected, here we go!

It took 50 episodes, but I can finally see Kasumi Iwato (the character who made me watch this anime) in action! She hasn't done much yet, but I'm sure she will deliver, for now Toyone is the one taking the lead in this final match.
Aug 31, 2021 8:04 AM

Feb 2020
"Right-Behind-You-Toyone" is amazing! I love her character.
May 13, 2023 9:46 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
What the ? What happened to nodoka why she playing like that, is she intentionally let that totem girl win or what ? She completely different from s1 now she just look like a player mahjong that play while having a heat

More topics from this board

» What happened after the anime? Spoil me the whole thing

netobiker - Dec 9, 2023

2 by netobiker »»
Dec 9, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Saki: Zenkoku-hen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

39 by Meritas »»
Aug 25, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Saki: Zenkoku-hen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

36 by Meritas »»
Aug 24, 2023 12:43 PM

Poll: » Saki: Zenkoku-hen Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

42 by Destroyer31 »»
May 13, 2023 7:54 AM

» Season 3...... 9 year

Ghefira - May 5, 2023

3 by Thewatcher_22 »»
May 6, 2023 11:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.