Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2014 6:27 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
YOU WANT CLOSURE?

YOU WANT SATISFYING ENDING?

TOO BAD, HERE OPEN ENDING WITH NO CONTINUATION EVER, FUCK YOU
Mar 31, 2014 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
Meh, the novels of the movie also had an open ending. Whatever. I actually enjoyed this anime in some ways although some bits of it felt rushed. Can't be helped.
Mar 31, 2014 6:53 AM

Aug 2012
Dammit. I figured as much. Another show with great potential down the drain.

3/10

What went wrong? Did the anime go way over their creativity budget? Or was the writing of the source material really this bad?
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Mar 31, 2014 7:10 AM
Nov 2013
gamer2710 said:

3/10

What went wrong? Did the anime go way over their creativity budget? Or was the writing of the source material really this bad?

Like the end of the LN, the anime was a faithful copy of the LN.
Both had this bad ending
Mar 31, 2014 7:41 AM

Aug 2013
>Publically says "I love Claire Cruz"
>No Claire Cruz to be seen all episode

Damn I got trolled.
Mar 31, 2014 7:45 AM

Sep 2013
Although the ending was very open and left for interpretation, it isn't a bad thing. It leaves the rest to our imagination and hope of a continuation in the future. Overall I enjoyed this anime, it had the best range of romance and adventure while also providing the feeling of sadness and happiness. It is an anime I would definitely recommend to others.
Mar 31, 2014 7:52 AM

Sep 2008
I have hope there will be episode 14 added to dvd/blu-ray,
or there will be OVA, because this ending is just... bleh...

I don't like that Ariel fell in love with Kal-el,
I had hope she will fall in love with Ignacio... :/
I also thought Ignacio can have feeling for her!
Eh... -.-

Otherwise this this was good series :D
But... have hope for special/OVA!
Mar 31, 2014 7:55 AM

Oct 2010
6/10. Just slightly above mediocre from start to finish. I still don't get why some people like open endings. I don't see the appeal in not knowing what actually happens, and leaving it to interpretation means nothing but hopeful thinking with no certainty. I'd rather have closure.
Mar 31, 2014 7:58 AM

Sep 2013
Can't say its a bad series... Else there's nothing much to comment.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Mar 31, 2014 8:08 AM

Jul 2013
Well, open ending plus my favorite character losing.
Mar 31, 2014 8:09 AM

Aug 2010
There's a limit to how open u can leave an ending >.<!!!

Well, I didn't hate it though.

The art was pretty inconsistent this ep. Sometimes it feels so derpy and sometimes they look friggin beautiful, like the Kal sleeping scene. Now that was one bishi there :P Also how the others looked when they grew up. Chiharu looked really beautiful :3

It was nice seeing Kal becoming the BA he is now and his speech of love in public was quite good ^^

Too bad only one glimpse of Claire, and how she was talking to him through "telepathy?" XD

Ari with her hair down looks really pretty. Still don't get why they made her fall for Kal and not Igna. Also what the hell was that awkward moment before Kal's departure? Does he know she loves him?

And well that was a short truce with the sky clan XD Already fighting lol

Damn it! Why the hell didn't they show us the blue seagull's pilot?!?!?! Charle is that really u??? And no Fana either -.-

Well not a bad series at all. Had quite some awesome parts and quite a lot of meh parts but it deserves around a 7.5/10 for me.
Mar 31, 2014 8:13 AM

Mar 2012
=))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

5/10 because of the ending
Mar 31, 2014 8:16 AM
Mar 2013
Well, i was hoping for a ending where it actually ends. Like Kalel scoopes her up in his plane. They drive back, and get married. THE END.

Hopefully there will be an OVA or an sequel. Probably not, but hopefully.

Well it still was good. 7/10

Barion-Zara said:
And well that was a short truce with the sky clan XD Already fighting lol

I wouldn't call it a short truce, it looked like it was a pretty big timeskip.
Mar 31, 2014 8:22 AM

Sep 2011
The first 3 episode were great, the rest was shit.
Mar 31, 2014 8:23 AM

Jan 2009
1. Man, ari got hawt. i mean hawt. She didn't get enough show time

2. If a treaty is made with the sky clan, why are they still fighting each other? The whole 'ramming the island against the wall' still confuses me. I'm guessing it's just to test the wall itself...

3. If those predictable death flags were taken out in the middle of the series, I would've enjoyed this anime much better. I guess u gotta watch some bad series to really enjoy the good ones.

4. man, screw u ppl with happy endings. those endings are boring, predictable, cheesy & cliche. anything but happy endings is a good end for me. tragic would even be better cuz it stains ur mind forever.

Overall series rating: 4/10
billybob300cMar 31, 2014 8:32 AM
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 31, 2014 8:26 AM

Jan 2014
Good show, did enjoy it and it brought out the emotions that it was trying for even though the deaths were pretty obvious. Leaving my score the same at 8/10 because it was enjoyable.

Myanimelist. The site where everyone rates a show on its ending and forget about the rest of the episodes.

OMG this show had a crappy ending/cliff hanger ending 3/10 even though I've been praising this show for like ever!!!!!!
^
This is legitimately what I've been seeing for the past week. -_-
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 31, 2014 8:28 AM
Nov 2010
Kyuutoryuu said:
>Publically says "I love Claire Cruz"
>No Claire Cruz to be seen all episode

Damn I got trolled.

That's not accurate, we did get to see the back of her head for about 3 seconds.

Now your trolling comment is spot on.

The sad part is that in just this one episode I felt that Ari became a more compelling love interest than Claire - or at least more interesting to be sure.

It feels like they just jammed a massive amount of content in to this episode. We had the following:

- dramatic reveal
- dramatic speech
- public proclamation of love
- a call to arms
- future plans for teachers
- double agent
- tearful reunion
- tearful separation with dramatic parting shot
- character epilogues
- air battle
- end (but no real ending IMO)

Not terrible overall, but my general rating for an anime is after everything is said and done, was watching it from beginning to end worth my time. Unfortunately after the last couple episodes my answer would be no.
Mar 31, 2014 8:30 AM

Dec 2011
am I the only one who liked the ending?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 31, 2014 8:30 AM

Jan 2014
Man, this ending was good.
Well, atleast it leaves our minds to imagine what would happen.

Ari with long hair is so hot.
She called Kal "her prince".

I would like an OVA or something.
Overall 8/10.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Mar 31, 2014 8:38 AM
Jan 2011
A show with vast potential but wasted it all because of budget and format. The animation sucks except a select few and only the story and characters are still standing.
Mar 31, 2014 8:44 AM

May 2013
Good episode. Wish we could have seen him getting Claire back. Hopefully there's an OVA for that.
Mar 31, 2014 8:49 AM

Mar 2010
Spent a little too much time on build up and I didn't really care for the drama surrounding the underdeveloped supporting cast, but the airplane action gave me what I wanted to see. Unfortunately, those scenes were few and far between and it left me with an underwhelming ending that didn't really give much more closure than the penultimate episode. Although, that punch in the finale totally caught me off guard lol. 5/10
brianwuzhereMar 31, 2014 9:10 AM
Mar 31, 2014 8:57 AM

Jan 2011
gamer2710 said:

3/10

This.
So much wasted potential, damn it!
I cant believe this show started at 9/10, it even went up to 10/10 mid season in my book.
Ended up 6/10, and even thats too much.

kuuderes_shadow said:

Maybe not, but Im willing to bet you are far into a minority on this one.

Braindead plot with no sense at all, it just killed the show in the last 3 or so episodes.
Whatever, moving on....
Mar 31, 2014 9:10 AM

Aug 2013
Judging by Noelle's child's age, Kal and co.'s journey probably took like at least four years to complete (from the start to the End of the Sky and back again). It was a nice touch to make them all look a bit older, especially with Ari <3

Oh well, I wish we could have seen them reunited but hey, at least it's better than Tsuioku's ending. But why did they make Ari cry :(
Chiharu finds closure, Sharon and Benji are still together and Noripii and Nanako return home as heroes. The two people looking at Claire in the end...I'm guessing that's Igna and the girl wearing and apron is...who? And who is the Hata Ranko RA?!
---

Good story. Another one of those series that could have benefited if it was 2-cour (or maybe 1.5).

8/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 31, 2014 9:25 AM
Sep 2013
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's extremely open ended. Now I feel like I watched a prologue to a movie, or season 2.

But the chances of it ever coming? Doubtful. Sigh.

I guess about a 7/10 for this one, it had it's moments where it bounced up, and then it had it's lows. Definitely felt like one of the more inconsistent shows this season.

I'm afraid this will end up like the Legend of the Legendary heroes. A fairly good series, with an extremely open ending that basically lays out the plot for the next content and basically makes what you just watched a prologue. Except the next content never comes. Worst feels.
Mar 31, 2014 9:31 AM

Dec 2011
AlexGK said:

Braindead plot with no sense at all

Where's the braindead bit? Where's the bit that didn't make sense? It all made sense to me.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 31, 2014 9:41 AM

Sep 2012
Such an open ending.

There needs to be an OVA for this.
Mar 31, 2014 9:43 AM

Oct 2013
Are you fucking kidding me with this shit
Mar 31, 2014 9:54 AM

Dec 2013
This deserves an OVA or sequel but i doubt it will get one. shame, because except for the open ending it could have a pretty great ending. 8/10 only because the parts of the show that were overwhelmingly good outweigh the really crappy parts
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Mar 31, 2014 10:08 AM

Jan 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
AlexGK said:

Where's the braindead bit? Where's the bit that didn't make sense? It all made sense to me.

Like their entire goal made no sense - they went to all this trouble and casualties just to whack the island into the rainbow wall? The moment Claire got her powers back, instead of owning them, they just gifted her to the Sky clan. Sense where? This is bullshit, nothing else.

Also the characters - with those they could have done so much better! Instead they kill off half of them and then make their sacrifice look like a joke with the already mentioned "plot". Rly, might just be me, ignore me, but the show started great and then went to shit level really fast.

Should I mention the derp faces we have all over the last 4-5 episodes? And how the art was aweseome in the start? Nah.

Im happy someone liked it though.
Mar 31, 2014 10:17 AM

Sep 2013
i think it was a great i love open ending.
Feb 2013
Open Ending, huh? Well, indeed there's some nice open ending but only a little. And Yes... I always hate it nomatter how cool it is, still its a sh*t for me.
Probability for OVA or Sequel.. 5%.. Can't say some selfish thing, but I really need it even though its still impossible.

And, who the heck that blueseagull pilot.. I really curious want to know.
I don't know how the progress of the LN, but I guess am gonna try to read it and see what's going on by myself.

so far.. 7/10 (-2 for Open Ending, -1 for an unknown element)

Sep 2013
and chiharu looks amazing
Mar 31, 2014 10:27 AM

Sep 2013
i want to ask about shizuka < is she with Fanna Levam or what < she could be Fanna Levam herself and rescued Kal in that plane.
Mar 31, 2014 10:37 AM

Sep 2013
mezzo12 said:
i want to ask about shizuka < is she with Fanna Levam or what < she could be Fanna Levam herself and rescued Kal in that plane.

Go watch Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku for another different story. Definitely not Fana Levamme.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Mar 31, 2014 10:42 AM

Nov 2013
xchee said:
Judging by Noelle's child's age, Kal and co.'s journey probably took like at least four years to complete (from the start to the End of the Sky and back again). It was a nice touch to make them all look a bit older, especially with Ari <3

Oh well, I wish we could have seen them reunited but hey, at least it's better than Tsuioku's ending. But why did they make Ari cry :(
Chiharu finds closure, Sharon and Benji are still together and Noripii and Nanako return home as heroes. The two people looking at Claire in the end...I'm guessing that's Igna and the girl wearing and apron is...who? And who is the Hata Ranko RA?!
---

Good story. Another one of those series that could have benefited if it was 2-cour (or maybe 1.5).

8/10.

^This.
And I've got to watch Tsuioku now.
Mar 31, 2014 10:55 AM
Dec 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:

Me too!

Great open ending!
Mar 31, 2014 10:58 AM

Jan 2014
As much as I want to see more planes get blown up and a proper rescue, I feel that the series does a decent job of completing Kal's journey into dealing with his inner demons. All the loose ends of the other characters are taken and the world-building is mostly complete. The only thing left to do is bust through and save his princess, it's just that we don't know how. From the tone of the series, I can pretty much guarantee that he wins in the end.

OVA or movie please.

7/10 for overall series.
HelghastKillzoneMar 31, 2014 11:02 AM
Mar 31, 2014 11:04 AM

Sep 2013
delulytric said:
mezzo12 said:

Go watch Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku for another different story. Definitely not Fana Levamme.

yes i think i will do that
Mar 31, 2014 11:14 AM
Feb 2009
you must be kidding right I need em to see Claire again wtfff it almost like I got trolled this last episode..........................
Mar 31, 2014 11:17 AM

Jul 2008
Not usually a fan of open endings, but seeing that this writer likes using the setting for multiple stories, this is not so surprising, this was satisfying enough. Even though many things were not shown, we can guess what happens next: Nina Viento is saved, Sky Clan vassalized or united with Belesteros and Isla's Commanders will use Karl and Nian to take down the Revolutionary Government.

AlexGK said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
AlexGK said:

Like their entire goal made no sense - they went to all this trouble and casualties just to whack the island into the rainbow wall? The moment Claire got her powers back, instead of owning them, they just gifted her to the Sky clan. Sense where? This is bullshit, nothing else.

Also the characters - with those they could have done so much better! Instead they kill off half of them and then make their sacrifice look like a joke with the already mentioned "plot". Rly, might just be me, ignore me, but the show started great and then went to shit level really fast.

Should I mention the derp faces we have all over the last 4-5 episodes? And how the art was aweseome in the start? Nah.

Im happy someone liked it though.

Just how many times the show repeat that the mission was in reality Revolutionary Government's method of disposing of people that they could not publicly kill?
If you seek motive, it is religious. I don't know how much you care about it, but religion can be very important to people... and this world in the story is quite religious.

And no, Claire could not own the Sky Clan. They may win a first few battles, but the Sky Clan would have soon found a way to go over her wind powa'. Her powers are deadly for unprepared, but no weapon is without its flaws. And the enemy would have years to find a way around it... and I doubt they would need more than a week or two.
They had no choice but to give her up as a hostage.
Mar 31, 2014 11:17 AM

Sep 2013
Vastman said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

Me too!

Great open ending!

i liked it tooooo
Mar 31, 2014 11:23 AM

Dec 2011
AlexGK said:

With regards to the goal - there's also the whole goal of scientific/religious discovery. Which, after all, has historically been a major reason for expeditions into the unknown.

As for giving Claire over to the Sky Clan, it very much seemed that the government had been actively trying to get rid of her. That's why they sent her off in the first place, after all. Then a group comes along who will take her off their hands and give them peaceful access to their destination in exchange - what more could they ask for?
Mar 31, 2014 11:26 AM

Dec 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:

I feel like they could have gone about it better, but the more I think about it, the more that I like how this series turned out for what it was. I really like how the main focus was on Kal's development, and the difference between who he was when he hated Nina Viento vs who he was by loving Claire and accepting his past for what it was.

Well overall I have to say I enjoyed it. The fights had a sense of thrill and danger that I don't come across often, they really immersed me. The character interactions were enjoyable and outshined the muddled story. I liked the open ending because it symbolizes Kal's devotion to Claire and that he would fight the world for all of eternity if it meant reuniting with her one day. The scene with Ari was bittersweet.

On the other hand, there were some problems that were too glaring to ignore.

- Minor complaint: Ari loving Kal and proving that once again the childhood friend stands no chance in Japan.
- The lack of world building and vague lore kept it from reaching its full potential. This probably could have been solved with an extra cour, but the slow pace of the first 4-5 episodes could be attributed to that as well.
- The reason for going to the End of the Sky. They went into more detail in this episode, as it was probably a recon mission to determine its geographic significance in relation to their world. But they never really show what that significance was and it's thrown to the sidelines with a brief sentence about how it works.

Despite those gripes of mine, I still feel the pros outweighed the cons enough for me to give it a 7/10.
Mar 31, 2014 11:35 AM
May 2011
actually I like it this show coz of Ari and Claire both are lovely character,
but Im sad that Ari is sad and crying, I thought Ari will end up loving Igna, not Kal

I think it's the biggest troll ever, why why ? why not ari x igna but ari love kal, omg.....
Mar 31, 2014 11:47 AM
Mar 2014
kuuderes_shadow said:

Why did you like it? It was crammed together and extremely unsastifying....

Anyways, does anybody know where I could find translations for the novel?
Mar 31, 2014 11:49 AM
Mar 2014
AshtonClaude said:
actually I like it this show coz of Ari and Claire both are lovely character,
but Im sad that Ari is sad and crying, I thought Ari will end up loving Igna, not Kal

I think it's the biggest troll ever, why why ? why not ari x igna but ari love kal, omg.....

Those last two episodes changed my view completely. I went from rooting for Kal and Claire to Kal and Ari because Ari really does love him and shows her love to him continuously... that ending where she was crying was tearjerking!
Mar 31, 2014 11:53 AM

Apr 2012
5/10

Thought this series had much potential but everything fell flat. The overview of the world is not explained well enough, characters are severely underdeveloped, the romances felt completely hallow, etc. The Ari-Ramen episode was such a waste of time for a series this short. I didn't mind the open ending, and I got to see the Santa Cruz one last time. I felt bad for Ari because she loves Kal.

xchee And who is the [s said:
Hata Ranko RA?!

^yea who is this. Is she a spy? O_O
zzzeallyMar 31, 2014 11:57 AM

Mar 31, 2014 11:57 AM
Mar 2014
Zeally said:
5/10

Thought this series had much potential but everything fell flat. The overview of the world is not explained well enough, characters are severely underdeveloped, the romances felt completely hallow, etc. The Ari-Ramen episode was such a waste of time for a series this short. I didn't mind the open ending, and I got to see the Santa Cruz one last time. I felt bad for Ari because she loves Kal.

Was that blue plane a reference to Charles' Karino's plane from the Princess and the Pilot?
Mar 31, 2014 11:57 AM
Feb 2013
That episode had no substance whatsoever.

They pick the last fucking episode to explain the world is made of oceans stacked like a cake with the end of the sky being a giant seawall. Wow... I'm just so disappointed.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

189 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2014

133 by Swizze »»
Jun 14, 2019 7:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.