Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 18, 2014 6:19 PM

Dec 2012
Togashi hits where you don't expect it. 5/5
Knuckle did a big mistake by removing APR. I liked Youpi this episode, he has changed. OMG!!!!!!!! Knov!!!!!! That's terrible...
Mar 18, 2014 6:29 PM

Jan 2011
damn what a great fucking episode Youpi is yet again another Ant that i just can't hate,as for Knuckle dude got a big heart but how much of a loss his kindness cost as yet to be seen but at least he still has his will.....as for Knov seems to getting worst every second.
Mar 18, 2014 6:34 PM

Jul 2013
MCAL said:
Actually judging by the pacing, episode 122 would be
Mar 18, 2014 6:35 PM

Apr 2011
CodeZwei said:
Valaskjalf said:
correct me if I'm wrong but was it Pouf's aura that made Knov go insane ?
i can't remember either i feel like he felt pouf and king, but around that time when he was sneaking in pouf was fixing king's arm i think.

I was honestly waiting for when they beat animal like youpi shitless but i see he is a true man now xD.

The one fixing the arm of the king was Pitou (the cat), when she/he uses her healing powers she/he can't use her/his sensing aura so Pitou was replacing her/him. I haven't seen what Pouf can do so far except cloning himself, but if it was really his aura that Knov felt then it means that he must be really strong.
Mar 18, 2014 6:40 PM

Sep 2013
I always thought youpi's form was a single color but this looked good too.
Knov was so scared his hair fell out lmfao :D
Mar 18, 2014 6:42 PM

Aug 2010
Respect to Youpi. The hunters did not stand a chance against him.
Mar 18, 2014 6:53 PM

Feb 2011
Somehow, I remember the manga being a lot more intense at the "climax" of the Youpi fight. Dunno why.
Still a very good episode. But I missed Knov's concerned look when he asked for Palm. Here it came off more as like "you know, uh Palm? Oh well nevermind, I'm off bye".

And I never realized his haired looked like this, in the manga. o.O
I always thought it had merely thinned out or something.

But Madhouse definetely nailed portraying Gon here: I hate him just as much, as I did in the manga. Always hoped Pouf would just beat the crap out of him. Stupid, hypocritical brat.
Mar 18, 2014 7:16 PM
Apr 2013
Kuchenlight said:
But Madhouse definetely nailed portraying Gon here: I hate him just as much, as I did in the manga. Always hoped Pouf would just beat the crap out of him. Stupid, hypocritical brat.
I'm not sure what Gon did that was hypocritical though.
Mar 18, 2014 7:17 PM

Jan 2014
Good episode. Nice to see Youpi come to grasps with his new found power. Also managed to keep his priorities straight, even though it's already too late. Makes one wonder what will become of him at the end of the arc.
Knuckle has always been the kind of guy to let his emotions take over. In retrospect, it makes you wonder why it didn't occur to the other hunters, especially his master.
Pitou is also keeping true to herself to obey the king, but Pouf's obliviousness to the events that have taken place puts her in a tough spot.
In the end, all the characters are remaining true to their nature.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 18, 2014 7:25 PM

Jul 2013
Gon is a certified G.

Don't understand why/how people can hate 'em.

Knuckle started off cool when he was first introduced, but has become a fuckboy over time. Gotta give Youpi respect as a character, but that doesn't change the fact that Knuckle is a maroon and should never be trusted with anything important. He needs to stop crying every scene, too.
Mar 18, 2014 7:31 PM

Oct 2008
Knov looked like he aged 50 years.
Mar 18, 2014 7:39 PM

Feb 2011
MCAL said:
Kuchenlight said:
I'm not sure what Gon did that was hypocritical though.

Before the palace invasion, I never really liked him nor did I dislike him. I acknowledged him for not being a stereotypical maincharacter.
But there was one scene in which he heavily impressed me. That was telling Nobunaga and the other spiders off, for being the cold blooded killers they are and smashing Nobunagas arm on the table, as if he was saying "screw you guys, I don't care!".

But after being so enraged about their behaviour (killing people they don't know like it was nothing), he threatens to do the same with Komugi.
And that's justified by his cute little Kaito vengeance, which I never found to be solidly based enough.
Yes, Kaito saved his life and yes, he is kind of a connection to his father. But still, he doesn't know him that well. Certainly not enough to call him a loved person or anything like that.
Which isn't even the point though. Even if Kaito was that, that would still make Gon's behaviour hypocritical to me.

Not saying that anyone has to agree with me on that point, though. That's just how I see him.
Mar 18, 2014 7:50 PM

Sep 2012
Kuchenlight said:

But after being so enraged about their behaviour (killing people they don't know like it was nothing), he threatens to do the same with Komugi.

When does that happen? It's only what Pitou assumed, but Gon never actually approves it.
Mar 18, 2014 7:53 PM

Jul 2009
judals said:
With this episode, Youpi became the most badass baddass-type character I've ever seen.

Villains are not supposed to grow farther away in power! Good guys are supposed to catch up! And he won... one of the antagonists actually won... against 5!

I loved the character development for Youpi and Knuckle.. first, it reminded me of X-men "true focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity", and how he let them go, despite his instincts as an ant... Pouf or Pitou would have never done that. He really keeps surprising me. I thought he'd just be a dumbass.

Meleoron exposing Morel, to motivate Knuckle not to turn off APR, and go help him run away, and that "downwind" remark... I love these tiny details. It's what makes these episode for me even more than the main events. Kite foreshadowed a situation regarding how they view the ants in this light, and it happened... and who better to do it than Knuckle? Not gon I tell you!

Knov is certain events away from being Theon Greyjoy.

^ dat last comment has me rolling. But no seriously for a second i was like who the hell is that? Knov is a complete mess.
Mar 18, 2014 9:05 PM

Dec 2012
Youpi's transformation looked so crazy. Really thought Morel was done for there. Looks like he is out of the battle now. Knov is a complete mess now.
Netero shows off his ability against the King next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 18, 2014 9:10 PM

Apr 2010
Damn you Knuckle, I knew you'd do that, now things will be getting even harder, but hell this is as exciting as ever.
Sure next week episode will be awesome, looking forward to watching Netero busting some moves

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Mar 18, 2014 9:27 PM

Dec 2012
if i'm not mistaken, Youpi is the strongest among the royal guards...because he is the one who is more beastlike than humanlike...so he's intelligence isn't really that high...but does not change the fact that he is the strongest...

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 18, 2014 9:34 PM

Jun 2012
SetsukoHara said:
Kuchenlight said:

When does that happen? It's only what Pitou assumed, but Gon never actually approves it.

But the fact that he doesn't deny it either shows that he is actually willing to do that in order to save Kite.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Mar 18, 2014 9:35 PM

Mar 2013
This was a cool episode.

The development with Youpi's character was pure gold, he has evolved above acting based on instinct. After this episode I like him more than I did before.

As for knuckle I couldn't comprehend why he would undo his APR when had less than 3 minutes left til it took away Youpi's nen. Than again, as usual, he wasn't really thinking with anything but his heart huh -_-

*sees Knov* O___O OH MY GAAWWWDDDD!!!!!! WTF!

Seeing Killua makes me sad :(
Gon, why u so heartless to poor Killua? D:

Mar 18, 2014 10:10 PM

Jun 2013
awesome episode. i really dont understand the anger towards gon though. we're talking about a little kid who had just prepared himself to kill these ants with no remorse and then was told he couldnt. hes not killiua he doesnt have assassin training. wtf do you think would happen when you send 14 year old into this situation? the assumption isnt that he would kill komugi. its that he would kill pitou, which would kill komugi. there was a comment earlier about how gon was hypocritical because of the whole nobunaga incident. but its the same thing. he cant comprehend how this ant that was killing people with no regard would go out of its way to help this one human because the king likes her. hes just as pissed as was during the nobunaga confrontation.
Mar 18, 2014 11:36 PM

Jun 2013
tyanak13 said:
if i'm not mistaken, Youpi is the strongest among the royal guards...because he is the one who is more beastlike than humanlike...so he's intelligence isn't really that high...but does not change the fact that he is the strongest...

i found it sorta weird how Youpi, who from a first impression looks like the dumbest RG,but from what we've seen so far he has been in my opinion the most intelligent
Mar 18, 2014 11:51 PM

Oct 2012
i just hate how Overpower this royal guards and the king. its like having stronger enemies in the succeeding arc's impossible. im just saying. even if we do have more arcs to come. how would the hunters fight them? if clearly it shows how weak hunters are.
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Mar 19, 2014 12:29 AM
Mar 2009
Kuchenlight said:
MCAL said:
Kuchenlight said:

Yes, Kaito saved his life and yes, he is kind of a connection to his father. But still, he doesn't know him that well. Certainly not enough to call him a loved person or anything like that.
Which isn't even the point though. Even if Kaito was that, that would still make Gon's behaviour hypocritical to me.

Not saying that anyone has to agree with me on that point, though. That's just how I see him.

You have a point there, yes Madhouse stayed loyal to the manga, but this is one heck of a mistake on their part for not adding the very fist chapter of the manga. Though we have seen the relationship of Gon and Kite by Kite saving Gon through flashback but that wasn't enough to show us the real connection between those two and how deep it is. One advice go read the very first chapter of the manga or watch the very first episode of the 1999 series to be able to know how deeply Gon is related to Kite.
Mar 19, 2014 12:30 AM

May 2012
Youpi... OMG
Mar 19, 2014 12:36 AM

Sep 2012
Netero vs King next episode and the episode after that probably. Never been so keen on seeing something animated in my life

kcaco said:
Cresherhsm said:
Also, although I'm glad that we'll finally be seeing Netero vs Meruem next week, I would've been a lot happier if Mori were handling the episode.

She is handling the episode after next week's. So it should be good.

Good news.
Mar 19, 2014 12:37 AM

Aug 2012
There was a lot of non-animation that bothered me in this episode. Still pictures in lieu of actual animation has always been a pet peeve of mine. Bothered the me in Berserk, bothered me here. However much like Berserk, the actual content of the episode was so strong it didn't brother me too much, making it more of a minor irritation than something major like it would've been in a lesser show.

Really good showing, I liked pretty much everything & one of the little touches I really liked that I didn't see get discussed (it very well could've, its been a few hours since I went through this thread & I didn't read every response) was that the straw that broke the camel's back of Knuckles decision to remove APR was him remembering what happened to Shoot.

Anyway, I've been eagerly anticipating seeing Netero/Meruem animated since I read it in the manga. It's a bit redundant to say it but I really can't wait for the upcoming weeks.
Mar 19, 2014 1:13 AM

Feb 2014
5/5 episode god fucking damn, THAT IS HOW YOU DO AN EPISODE HxH! This arc has largely pissed me off for dragging things far more than they needed to be but I loved (almost) every second of this episode.

Fuck Knuckle man, my jaw actually dropped when I saw him remove APR, another minute or so and Youpi would've been nothing more than a fly on their backs. Youpi and Knov were awesome though, Youpi's become one of the best villains I've seen in anything for a long long time and Knov has MC-like determination right now.

I'm gonna have to skip the next month or so of episodes because if next week goes back to more of the same shit then it'll piss me off too much so I'm going to have to try and restrain myself for a bit.
Mar 19, 2014 1:15 AM

Oct 2012
title change please weak x weak. this show clearly show's how weak humans are. ugh. it makes me sick the level of power is beyond OP. its clearly 1000:1. and they call themselves hunters pff.

i bet all of those hunters in these arc and combine there nen it wouldn't even match's youpi's nen.

iknow that they still have there unique ability's and that they can still win if used properly. however there nen is so unmatched that they'll have to relay to there
ability so much.

and if netero is beaten, THE STRONGEST HUNTER" is defeated by the king. how the fuck would they win if theres still other queen ant out there?? and other kings being born. if netero lose this one this show is fck uped and future enemies would be guaranteed weaker than the ants. which would totally suck

KyzenMar 19, 2014 1:20 AM
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Mar 19, 2014 1:19 AM

Feb 2014
But that's what makes this arc so intriguing, Kite's fear at the beginning of the arc seemed extreme at the time but now we know why because if left breed and produce a king, they have the power to take over the world.
Mar 19, 2014 1:30 AM

May 2013
Youpi's character development was amazing to see. Knuckle is such a good friend, he is the type of friend I want. Can't wait for the big fight Netero vs. The King! Good episode, really unique.

Mar 19, 2014 1:52 AM

Jul 2013
The logic in this episode is... ughhh...

Gon threatening TWO royal guards who can easily kill him? who the fuck does he think he is? like hell he's gonna kill Pitou (no one to "fix" Kite, whom his stupid brain hasn't realized is already dead). And if he does attack Pitou, Pouf would just kill him from behind. So what if Gon kills Komugi? like Pouf could care less. No Komugi is good for Pouf. Going by common sense Pouf would kill Gon the moment he saw him.
Mar 19, 2014 2:02 AM

Sep 2013
Character choosing their Nakama over the fate of the world
the big bad character alone defeats 5 of them with ease like Nappa in DB
no death despite the dangreous situation they are in
so unrealistic

so generic and cliche.

Did this anime become one piece? Thats a new level of bad and trite. So cringe worthy.
Mar 19, 2014 2:27 AM

Jan 2014
it's a great ep, not gonna lie but i kinda mad that Knuckle took off over 250k of APR... it wasted everyone's work.
Mar 19, 2014 2:33 AM

Jul 2013
Aresnalfan said:
Character choosing their Nakama over the fate of the world
the big bad character alone defeats 5 of them with ease like Nappa in DB
no death despite the dangreous situation they are in
so unrealistic
The deaths would have been anticlimactic as usual. Nothing really new there in that regard.

'Sides, part of Knov already died. :V
GalekCMar 19, 2014 2:39 AM
Mar 19, 2014 2:59 AM

Jul 2013
Aresnalfan said:
so unrealistic.
if this is unrealistic then so does every anime in existence..

Youpi was created purely from insects and animals and other stuff (no humans) so I didn't expect him to uhh.. pity them
Mar 19, 2014 3:11 AM

Jan 2009
Youpi's first priority is the king any other else is insignificant
Mar 19, 2014 3:39 AM

Apr 2013
Knove got that vulture head
Mar 19, 2014 4:12 AM

Aug 2012
amazing episode. the social, moral, and psychological evolution of the chimera ants has been amazingly executed particularly in meruem and the royal guards. knuckle was also great in this episode his character trait of sympathy over self preservation has been an interesting motif throughout the arc togashi really did a great job of developing his "tough guy crybaby" personality because most manga/anime writers would've just left it at that and used his softer side just for humor but in this arc it's become a full fleshed conflict. i loved this episode so much there's too much to say about it and discuss than i could ever do in one post without it being at least a page long.
CripborneMar 19, 2014 4:27 AM
Mar 19, 2014 4:22 AM

Oct 2009
jiraiya_sensei said:
The logic in this episode is... ughhh...

Gon threatening TWO royal guards who can easily kill him?

I wouldn't bet on that one.
Mar 19, 2014 4:30 AM

Dec 2012
jiraiya_sensei said:
And if he does attack Pitou, Pouf would just kill him from behind. So what if Gon kills Komugi? like Pouf could care less. No Komugi is good for Pouf. Going by common sense Pouf would kill Gon the moment he saw him.

Pouf doesn't operate on his basic instincts and urges. He saw the situation and thought it was weird and didn't make any sudden move until he understood and wrapped up his head around the situation. That is his type of character and how he thinks. It's not that Gon, can take on the two royal guards, they might be able to kill him in an instant, but that instant might be enough for him to harm Komugi in some way, which is Pitou's main concern, and reason for not attacking Gon or asking Pouf to do it.

Gon was just simply lucky. Without Komgui, he might have died the moment he arrogantly asked Pitou if he remembers his -trivial- existence.

One of the few things I appreciate about this arc, is how much an existence of a single character (Komugi) had a drastic change on the outcome of this arc. Remove her from it, and the invasion would have went differently.
Mar 19, 2014 4:35 AM

Aug 2012
j0x said:
Youpi's first priority is the king any other else is insignificant

this is flat out untrue the narrator himself even says that if his first priority was protecting the king he would've killed them all but youpi chose to make a compromise based on a moral and sympathetic assessment of the situation. he felt that if he could get rid of knuckles bankruptcy without violence there was no reason to kill any of them despite the potential threat they pose to the king which is an amazing leap in character development for youpi.
Mar 19, 2014 4:37 AM

Oct 2009
tsudecimo said:

It's not that Gon, can take on the two royal guards, they might be able to kill him in an instant, but that instant might be enough for him to harm Komugi in some way, which is Pitou's main concern, and reason for not attacking Gon or asking Pouf to do it.

You forgot some details on the current situation: Pitou can't use her Nen and has one arm broken, she'd die in an instant against Gon. Pouf is not a fighter type, if anything, he ll have a slow fight against Gon the way he did against Morau. Also you may already noticed but Gon is unusally sharp...
Mar 19, 2014 4:37 AM

Nov 2013
Honestly the manga was much better in building up and portraying Knuckle deactivating Pot Clean, Morel was furious with him in the manga for abandoning the mission after all they've been through. Also there is no logic to Pouf needing to follow Gon's orders at all. He's lucky Youpi wasn't the one who ran into him, he would've taken his head off for telling him to shut up and to keep his back to him showing the disrespect. Fuck Pouf and Pitou, they're both pushovers with no pride whatsoever, why couldn't Pitou protect Komugi if Gon tried to attack her? That would've gave Pouf enough time to kill him, I know he's angry and all but for a logical series like this I expected a more logical approach.
SCARY MONSTER
Mar 19, 2014 4:43 AM

Dec 2012
TheDodo said:
tsudecimo said:

It's not that Gon, can take on the two royal guards, they might be able to kill him in an instant, but that instant might be enough for him to harm Komugi in some way, which is Pitou's main concern, and reason for not attacking Gon or asking Pouf to do it.

You forgot some details on the current situation: Pitou can't use her Nen and has one arm broken, she'd die in an instant against Gon. Pouf is not a fighter type, if anything, he ll have a slow fight against Gon the way he did against Morau. Also you may already noticed but Gon is unusally sharp...

Pitou doesn't need Nen to kill Gon, her strength showcased when she attacked Kite is more than enough. It's unknown how strong Pouf is, physically. But he crushed those rocks pretty fast and swiftly. He can kill Gon imo. He is a royal guard, there must be more to him that those abilities.

Gon is weak and outclassed in every way imaginable.
Mar 19, 2014 4:49 AM

Oct 2009
tsudecimo said:

Mar 19, 2014 4:53 AM
Sep 2013
tsudecimo said:
Pitou doesn't need Nen to kill Gon, her strength showcased when she attacked Kite is more than enough.

She could already use nen during her fight aganist Kite, she just didn't have any abilities yet.
Mar 19, 2014 4:54 AM

Dec 2012
TheDodo said:
tsudecimo said:

Lol no. I already know what happens, I read the manga and finished the arc.

I don't want to reply with a spoiler on why I still think Gon is weak, since I don't want someone to accidentally spoil himself/herself. Let's just agree, that Gon might have died, if it weren't for Komugi.

Cresherhsm said:
tsudecimo said:
Pitou doesn't need Nen to kill Gon, her strength showcased when she attacked Kite is more than enough.

She could already use nen during her fight aganist Kite, she just didn't have any abilities yet.

It doesn't matter. She didn't kill him because of her Nen, hence why I said she didn't need it.
Mar 19, 2014 5:02 AM
Sep 2013
tsudecimo said:
Cresherhsm said:
tsudecimo said:

It doesn't matter. She didn't kill him because of her Nen, hence why I said she didn't need it.

Although she didn't have any abilities, she could defend herself from nen attacks and cut through a body shielded by nen. In her current situation, Pitou is completely defenseless. She would be no different from Youpi had APR took away his nen.
Mar 19, 2014 5:03 AM

Oct 2009
tsudecimo said:

Actually no need for spoilers, Killua already aknowledged that Pitou was powerless against Gon without her Nen.
Mar 19, 2014 5:08 AM

Dec 2012
Maybe you are right. I forgot that Pitou wasn't able to user her Nen, when I said those things. I still think Pouf is more than capable of killing Gon.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.