Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2014 4:35 AM

Aug 2012
j0x said:
Youpi's first priority is the king any other else is insignificant

this is flat out untrue the narrator himself even says that if his first priority was protecting the king he would've killed them all but youpi chose to make a compromise based on a moral and sympathetic assessment of the situation. he felt that if he could get rid of knuckles bankruptcy without violence there was no reason to kill any of them despite the potential threat they pose to the king which is an amazing leap in character development for youpi.
Mar 19, 2014 4:37 AM

Oct 2009
tsudecimo said:

It's not that Gon, can take on the two royal guards, they might be able to kill him in an instant, but that instant might be enough for him to harm Komugi in some way, which is Pitou's main concern, and reason for not attacking Gon or asking Pouf to do it.

You forgot some details on the current situation: Pitou can't use her Nen and has one arm broken, she'd die in an instant against Gon. Pouf is not a fighter type, if anything, he ll have a slow fight against Gon the way he did against Morau. Also you may already noticed but Gon is unusally sharp...
Mar 19, 2014 4:37 AM

Nov 2013
Honestly the manga was much better in building up and portraying Knuckle deactivating Pot Clean, Morel was furious with him in the manga for abandoning the mission after all they've been through. Also there is no logic to Pouf needing to follow Gon's orders at all. He's lucky Youpi wasn't the one who ran into him, he would've taken his head off for telling him to shut up and to keep his back to him showing the disrespect. Fuck Pouf and Pitou, they're both pushovers with no pride whatsoever, why couldn't Pitou protect Komugi if Gon tried to attack her? That would've gave Pouf enough time to kill him, I know he's angry and all but for a logical series like this I expected a more logical approach.
SCARY MONSTER
Mar 19, 2014 4:43 AM

Dec 2012
TheDodo said:
tsudecimo said:

It's not that Gon, can take on the two royal guards, they might be able to kill him in an instant, but that instant might be enough for him to harm Komugi in some way, which is Pitou's main concern, and reason for not attacking Gon or asking Pouf to do it.

You forgot some details on the current situation: Pitou can't use her Nen and has one arm broken, she'd die in an instant against Gon. Pouf is not a fighter type, if anything, he ll have a slow fight against Gon the way he did against Morau. Also you may already noticed but Gon is unusally sharp...

Pitou doesn't need Nen to kill Gon, her strength showcased when she attacked Kite is more than enough. It's unknown how strong Pouf is, physically. But he crushed those rocks pretty fast and swiftly. He can kill Gon imo. He is a royal guard, there must be more to him that those abilities.

Gon is weak and outclassed in every way imaginable.
Mar 19, 2014 4:49 AM

Oct 2009
tsudecimo said:

Mar 19, 2014 4:53 AM
Sep 2013
tsudecimo said:
Pitou doesn't need Nen to kill Gon, her strength showcased when she attacked Kite is more than enough.

She could already use nen during her fight aganist Kite, she just didn't have any abilities yet.
Mar 19, 2014 4:54 AM

Dec 2012
TheDodo said:
tsudecimo said:

Lol no. I already know what happens, I read the manga and finished the arc.

I don't want to reply with a spoiler on why I still think Gon is weak, since I don't want someone to accidentally spoil himself/herself. Let's just agree, that Gon might have died, if it weren't for Komugi.

Cresherhsm said:
tsudecimo said:
Pitou doesn't need Nen to kill Gon, her strength showcased when she attacked Kite is more than enough.

She could already use nen during her fight aganist Kite, she just didn't have any abilities yet.

It doesn't matter. She didn't kill him because of her Nen, hence why I said she didn't need it.
Mar 19, 2014 5:02 AM
Sep 2013
tsudecimo said:
Cresherhsm said:
tsudecimo said:

It doesn't matter. She didn't kill him because of her Nen, hence why I said she didn't need it.

Although she didn't have any abilities, she could defend herself from nen attacks and cut through a body shielded by nen. In her current situation, Pitou is completely defenseless. She would be no different from Youpi had APR took away his nen.
Mar 19, 2014 5:03 AM

Oct 2009
tsudecimo said:

Actually no need for spoilers, Killua already aknowledged that Pitou was powerless against Gon without her Nen.
Mar 19, 2014 5:08 AM

Dec 2012
Maybe you are right. I forgot that Pitou wasn't able to user her Nen, when I said those things. I still think Pouf is more than capable of killing Gon.
Mar 19, 2014 5:09 AM

Nov 2013
Why can't Pitou just deactivate her ability, take 10 seconds of her time to deal with Gon swiftly and then go back to work.
SCARY MONSTER
Mar 19, 2014 5:12 AM
Sep 2013
tsudecimo said:
I still think Pouf is more than capable of killing Gon.

I agree.
GuusWayne said:
Why can't Pitou just deactivate her ability, take 10 seconds of her time to deal with Gon swiftly and then go back to work.

And risk the possibility of an unusually sharp Gon killing Komugi? That's why she stopped Pouf from approaching in the first place. :P
Mar 19, 2014 5:35 AM

Dec 2007
GuusWayne said:

In the time it'd take her to finish Gon (more than 10 seconds, I promise), Komugi would be dead. She's only alive now because of ANIME SUPER MAGIC.

And maaan fuck Knuckle for this bullshit. He shat on Shoot AND his boss Morel's work by undoing APR. Also, WHERE THE FUCK IS KILLUA?!

Kyzen said:
i just hate how Overpower this royal guards and the king. its like having stronger enemies in the succeeding arc's impossible. im just saying. even if we do have more arcs to come. how would the hunters fight them? if clearly it shows how weak hunters are.

This is wrong, by the way. To begin with, the only Hunters that "matter" are Gon and Killua, both of whom have only gotten stronger since they first appeared. The show only needs to propose threats that are valid to THEM, not to others.

Second, aside from the fact that you're thinking of this as a Sorting Algorithm of Evil for a show that's never really done that, what you need to understand is that Knov and Morel are NOT the #1 and #2 under the Chairman. They're just the guys who chose to come along on this mission. The Hunters didn't even TRY to bring their full attention to this situation--it's hinted at several episodes back during a phone call that basically was about seeing the Chairman fail so he could either die or be replaced.

To be honest, the Chimera Ants are a huge threat that aren't being taken seriously by ANYONE. The Zoldycks didn't stick around to help. The Phantom Troupe only took out the few that tried to attack them. The Hunters, a GIGANTIC ORGANIZATION, only sent like five fucking people to take down what was basically an army--and the funny thing is, they kind of DID wipe out like 90% of that army so really they probably didn't even need to send more than a few more people to get the job done anyway.

Essentially, the Chimera Ants (aside from the King) could've been crushed fairly easily...but where's the drama in that?
SageShinigamiMar 19, 2014 5:43 AM
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Mar 19, 2014 5:41 AM

Nov 2013
I hate how the royal guards except Youpi turned straight bitches since the invasion and honestly it's the anime that makes them look worse.
SCARY MONSTER
Mar 19, 2014 5:43 AM
Sep 2013
GuusWayne said:
I hate how the royal guards except Youpi turned straight bitches since the invasion and honestly it's the anime that makes them look worse.

What?
Mar 19, 2014 5:43 AM

Dec 2012
GuusWayne said:

Why are you repeating yourself? it looks like you just want to rile up something or bait someone.

SageShinigami said:

To be honest, the Chimera Ants are a huge threat that aren't being taken seriously by ANYONE. The Zoldycks didn't stick around to help. The Phantom Troupe only took out the few that tried to attack them. The Hunters, a GIGANTIC ORGANIZATION, only sent like five fucking people to take down what was basically an army--and the funny thing is, they kind of DID wipe out like 90% of that army so really they probably didn't even need to send more than a few more people to get the job done anyway.

Essentially, the Chimera Ants (aside from the King) could've been crushed fairly easily...but where's the drama in that?

Yeah, that really disappointed me and it is strongly evident by how less of threat they are by how the arc concluded. Or maybe I just took the 'take over the world' plotline or the King being the strongest creature too seriously. The whole arc seems disjointed from the series and the Hunter universe partially because of that.

Either way, I found that really underwhelming and anti climactic, which is something Togashi likes apparently. I can only guess that.
tsudecimoMar 19, 2014 5:50 AM
Mar 19, 2014 5:44 AM

Mar 2012
The Royal Guards are all very interesting.
Mar 19, 2014 5:50 AM

Dec 2007
tsudecimo said:
GuusWayne said:

Why are you repeating yourself? it looks like you just want to rile up something or bait someone.

SageShinigami said:

Yeah, that kinda disappointing me and is strongly evident by how the arc concluded. Or maybe I just took the 'take over the world' plotline or the King being the strongest creature too seriously. The whole arc seems disjointed from the series and the Hunter universe partially because of that.

Either way, I found that really underwhelming and anti climactic, which is something Togashi likes apparently. I can only guess that.

I dunno. It kind of drives home the point that, with only a few minor exceptions--this whole thing is taking place in an entirely different country. NGL is pretty far removed from the other stories they've done thus far, so it makes sense. That's pretty much why the Hunter Organization doesn't care either.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Mar 19, 2014 5:54 AM

Dec 2012
It just kills the sense of grandeur and threat, that I was expecting when Pitou was introduced and when the King was born. The Hunter Organization would have cared, if they were more Ant Queens and Kings, since that would have set 'world domination' plan into motion.

The Chimera ants came from nothing and served and changed nothing in the end. They didn't have a lasting impact on the plot and the world. For the longest arc, I expected the opposite of this.
Mar 19, 2014 5:56 AM

Dec 2007
Well this arc is controversial for a reason. From what I understand the one after this is much more in line with what people expect from HxH. And the one after that is...well, from what I hear (I don't read the manga) is probably closer to the gigantic threat-type thing you were looking for here.
Mar 19, 2014 5:59 AM

Dec 2012
Yeah I'm excited for the arc, after that. I really liked it. It was fun and engaging, despite being mostly about plot developments with lots of texts.
Mar 19, 2014 6:17 AM
Sep 2013
Kyzen said:
i just hate how Overpower this royal guards and the king.

That's the point. I don't know if you're aware of this but the CA arc is a tribute to DBZ's cell saga. It's a HxH take on montrously powerful enemies.

this show clearly show's how weak humans are.

I agree with you to an extent since the power gap between the humans and the Chimera Ants is so astonishingly big but no, humans definitely aren't weak. I can't say much more without spoiling you so I'll just leave it at that.
CresherhsmMar 19, 2014 6:28 AM
Mar 19, 2014 6:47 AM

Dec 2007
Whats with the "this show shows how weak humans are" nonsense anyway, though. The CA have run across a ton of guys who basically weren't to be fucked with, and got obliterated. Even the Royal Guard, while threatening, would have probably died some fairly horrible deaths if they'd had to fight Killua's dad and grand-dad.
Mar 19, 2014 6:50 AM

Dec 2012
SageShinigami said:
Even the Royal Guard, while threatening, would have probably died some fairly horrible deaths if they'd had to fight Killua's dad and grand-dad.

I thought Netero was stronger than Zeno? or at least I think it was implied. I don't know about Silva though. It would have been interesting to see them fight the royal guards.
Mar 19, 2014 6:53 AM

Dec 2007
tsudecimo said:
SageShinigami said:
Even the Royal Guard, while threatening, would have probably died some fairly horrible deaths if they'd had to fight Killua's dad and grand-dad.

I thought Netero was stronger than Zeno? or at least I think it was implied. I don't know about Silva though. It would have been interesting to see them fight the royal guards.

It's not implied--it's flat-out stated. By Zeno, no less, lol. I haven't read the manga but AFAIK, Netero is the king big shit, most powerful gun the Hunters have. Of course, this isn't DBZ so they could have easily overwhelmed the King with pure numbers.

But I just meant Pouf, Pitou, and Youpi. Given how
I'm pretty sure Zeno and Silva could have put down at least two of them without taking too much damage at all.
Mar 19, 2014 6:58 AM

Dec 2012
SageShinigami said:
tsudecimo said:
SageShinigami said:

It's not implied--it's flat-out stated. By Zeno, no less, lol. I haven't read the manga but AFAIK, Netero is the king big shit, most powerful gun the Hunters have. Of course, this isn't DBZ so they could have easily overwhelmed the King with pure numbers.

But I just meant Pouf, Pitou, and Youpi. Given how
I'm pretty sure Zeno and Silva could have put down at least two of them without taking too much damage at all.

Yeah, it been while since the invasion started, I forgot.

I mistakenly measured the strength of Netero's to the royal guard, forgetting how Netero pushed away Pitou like it was nothing and how that he is power is very close to the King's. I think you are right, they would have probably defeated the royal guards.

I want to see Silva in the future, if the hiatus ends, he is just too damn interesting and my favorite Zoldyck and what I saw of him in the Phantom troupe arc wasn't enough :/
Mar 19, 2014 7:11 AM

Feb 2012
Kyzen said:
title change please weak x weak. this show clearly show's how weak humans are. ugh. it makes me sick the level of power is beyond OP. its clearly 1000:1. and they call themselves hunters pff.

i bet all of those hunters in these arc and combine there nen it wouldn't even match's youpi's nen.

iknow that they still have there unique ability's and that they can still win if used properly. however there nen is so unmatched that they'll have to relay to there
ability so much.

and if netero is beaten, THE STRONGEST HUNTER" is defeated by the king. how the fuck would they win if theres still other queen ant out there?? and other kings being born. if netero lose this one this show is fck uped and future enemies would be guaranteed weaker than the ants. which would totally suck

Your 'villain must be more powerful every arc' type of power up cliche expectation already got derailed when we had the Bomber after the Phantom troupes, and the Bomber was still a menace. I don't get why you still don't get the drift - hxh doesn't resort to cliche development when it comes to power. Winning is not about who's stronger nor who has more raw power...

The king being OP IS the point. What would the strongest human do when a being of a difference species is so OP that it threaten to change the world order and 'food chain' so to speak? Will there be room for negotiation? Co- existence? Can human be brought down to their knees to accept defeat and bow to a new ruler of a diff species....etc. Isnt it more interested to see how these are unfold and the decision the strongest human would make? rather than being anguish about being weak (is humanity weak?) and the 'how will next arc's villain level up above the king's power' non sense.
Mar 19, 2014 7:52 AM

Oct 2013
MrAM said:
Absolutely fantastic episode. Keeps getting better and better.

I've noticed that a consistent theme in the invasion so far is that the humanity of our protagonists keeps getting in the way of their mission. They're supposed to be operating as a single, efficient unit, without regard for feelings and the like, and yet they've managed to screw up every attempt at killing the Royal Guards.

Knuckle recklessly risked his life more than once for no other reason than to avenge Shoot and uphold his honor, things that arguably were trivial in the bigger scheme of things. Melereon keeps involving himself with the Knuckle/Shoot/Morel trio because he can't stand to abandon them, Octoboro couldn't bring himself to kill Brovada, etc. Now in this episode we have Knuckle essentially nullifying every thing that the group has accomplished thus far for the sake of saving Morel, who was already down. From a logical viewpoint the actions of all these characters is utterly idiotic, but that's the point: emotion and basic human decency is getting in the way, undoing all the plans the invaders came up with.

The humanity of the invaders is paralleled in the Ants, from the King to Pitou to Youpi. His character development here was great and something you almost never see in this kind of series. His evolution and realizations over the course of the past few episodes have been leading up to this. He can't bring himself to kill these three insignificant humans, and likewise, Knuckle can no longer see these ants as monsters to be destroyed. Like Gon, his illusion about their true nature has been shattered.

The parallels run deeper. Togashi has been taking great pains to show us that the emerging humanity of the Ants is what is also leading to their current demise. That is a big part of Welfin's purpose, and all those other Ants Togashi introduced. Welfin discovered that a human had infiltrated the palace before the invasion ever began, a.k.a Knov. Instead of alerting his superiors, though, he kept the information to himself to use for his own selfish ends. Had he been loyal and obedient like he should have been, basically like a normal Ant, the current situation could have been possibly averted. Remember Leol? He also kept sensitive info to himself in the hopes of becoming King, an action which led him to nowhere but death. Over and over, we see that the rigid society of the Ants earlier fractured due to their individuality and self-awareness, characteristics of humans, and those characteristics continue to doom them now.

There's another prominent theme here as well: it's that the humans, through their actions, have been changing the Ants, regardless of the soundness of what they've done. It started with Komugi and the King, which led to the King changing Pitou, and now here we have Youpi changing thanks to his interaction with Knuckle. A similar story played out earlier, before the invasion, between Killua and Ikalgo.

Looking at it all, it seems that the narrative is simultaneously praising and criticizing humanity's nature. The Ants have become better people, but at the cost of the fracturing of their regimented structure. Some didn't even become better people; they became worst as a result of inheriting the personalities of selfish human beings, as can be seen with Zazan, Leol, Cheetu, etc.

It all ties in together with what happened in this episode. Honestly, the thematic consistency of this arc is astonishing, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

This post is awesome...
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 19, 2014 8:02 AM
Mar 2013
Does anyone happen to know who or which animation teams will do the next few episodes with Meruem vs Netero?
Or is there anywhere you can see this?
Mar 19, 2014 8:37 AM

Feb 2013
tsudecimo said:
Yeah I'm excited for the arc, after that. I really liked it. It was fun and engaging, despite being mostly about plot developments with lots of texts.

eh I found the actual dialogue to be pretty tedious, most of the other stuff in that arc was great though and I'm looking to it as well.
Mar 19, 2014 9:06 AM

Nov 2013
I don't know about Netero being the strongest human, maybe back in the day I'm sure Chrollo could defeat him with high difficulty.
SCARY MONSTER
Mar 19, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2014
Cresherhsm said:
Kyzen said:
i just hate how Overpower this royal guards and the king.

That's the point. I don't know if you're aware of this but the CA arc is a tribute to DBZ's cell saga. It's a HxH take on montrously powerful enemies.

It's not like DBZ, though.
DBZ follows the gradual upgrade to enemy's power,
HxH powers fluctuate, sometimes even becoming irrelevant.

Also, the enemies grow farther away in power from the heroes, rather than them catching up, which is not for show; these ants are newborn, and they are growing and learning fast, adapting.
And unlike cell, they kind of grew more than in power mostly, and unlike Vegeta, it wasn't some climax twist to dramatize things further to make the victory even more satisfying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2014 9:21 AM

Jun 2012
GuusWayne said:
I don't know about Netero being the strongest human, maybe back in the day I'm sure Chrollo could defeat him with high difficulty.

Ehh, no. Netero is still stronger than Chrollo. He's stronger than any member of the Phantom Troupe (including Hisoka) or the Zoldyck Family. He's stronger than the Royal Guards. He's stronger than 99,99% of the Hunters Asociation. The only human characters i can think of that may be stronnger than Netero now are
And that's only because he said he wasn't in his prime and there was SOME Hunters that were stronger than him now. But that group doesn't include Chrollo.
Andan210Mar 19, 2014 9:29 AM
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Mar 19, 2014 9:25 AM

Jan 2014
SageShinigami said:

But... I see the reasoning behind it. Assassinations are meant to be in lesser numbers because they are a better alternative than taking everyone head-on. It's easier of course, but isn't that why they did it? Efficiency. They also follow a minimal-damage to the environment policy, if they were so desperate, they could have carpet-bomb the whole NGL area. Which is why they sent in people that could best support Netero than people with raw nen power.

I do find it weird that zoldycks did not tag along, but it's not like the Hunters did not want them to, more like their strict involvement in things.
As for the troupes, do we really need an answer lol?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2014 10:36 AM

Apr 2011
Andan210 said:
GuusWayne said:

Ehh, no. Netero is still stronger than Chrollo. He's stronger than any member of the Phantom Troupe (including Hisoka) or the Zoldyck Family. He's stronger than the Royal Guards. He's stronger than 99,99% of the Hunters Asociation. The only human characters i can think of that may be stronnger than Netero now are
And that's only because he said he wasn't in his prime and there was SOME Hunters that were stronger than him now. But that group doesn't include Chrollo.

What?

I thought he said Pitou was stronger than him.
Mar 19, 2014 10:47 AM

Jun 2011
Ichinoez said:
Does anyone happen to know who or which animation teams will do the next few episodes with Meruem vs Netero?
Or is there anywhere you can see this?

I believe for episode 122, Mika Takahashi's team is animating and Tomoko Mori's team is animating 123. However, I think it's a little too early to say for sure whether Tomoko Mori will be animating some of the Meruem and Netero fight.
Animelist」 ♪「 Mangalist 」♫
[/size]

Mar 19, 2014 10:54 AM

Jun 2012
Valaskjalf said:
Andan210 said:
GuusWayne said:

What?

Pitou? The one that he send flying miles away without even touching him? That Pitou?

No seriously, the reason why he didn't want the Royal Guards with the King was because if the 4 of them were together and combining their powers, he was not going to be able to win the fight. But in a 1vs1, Netero is absolutely stronger than any of the Royal Guards.

Hell, even if the three Royal Guards would attack him at the same, he will probably crush them all in like 10 minutes. The problem is when they have the King's help.
Andan210Mar 19, 2014 11:13 AM
Mar 19, 2014 11:23 AM

May 2013
You guys are forgetting that Pitou tanked Netero attack like a boss, no scars her clothes were okay. Meruem's slap before he ate that nen user has done more damage then Netero.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Mar 19, 2014 11:34 AM

Jun 2012
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
You guys are forgetting that Pitou tanked Netero attack like a boss, no scars her clothes were okay. Meruem's slap before he ate that nen user has done more damage then Netero.

Yes, but what Netero did wasn't even an attack. It was like pushing away a fly with your hand. If he had been serious, he wold have killed Pitou. Not with that only attack, but nothing too difficult either. The problem is that would have taked too many time and would have allowed the other two Royal Guards to go with the King.
Mar 19, 2014 11:34 AM

Aug 2013
Not much action, but hoping there would be more "intense" action in the next chapter. However, as always, I loved this episode.
Mar 19, 2014 11:39 AM

Feb 2011
I also think Pitou is at least about Netero's level. Like SaSa stated, Netero's attack just send Pitou flying (which it was intended to do, not to harm her).
And also...

Aszach said:
Kuchenlight said:
MCAL said:
Kuchenlight said:

Yes, Kaito saved his life and yes, he is kind of a connection to his father. But still, he doesn't know him that well. Certainly not enough to call him a loved person or anything like that.
Which isn't even the point though. Even if Kaito was that, that would still make Gon's behaviour hypocritical to me.

Not saying that anyone has to agree with me on that point, though. That's just how I see him.

You have a point there, yes Madhouse stayed loyal to the manga, but this is one heck of a mistake on their part for not adding the very fist chapter of the manga. Though we have seen the relationship of Gon and Kite by Kite saving Gon through flashback but that wasn't enough to show us the real connection between those two and how deep it is. One advice go read the very first chapter of the manga or watch the very first episode of the 1999 series to be able to know how deeply Gon is related to Kite.

Actually, my opinion of Gon is build by the manga. As my first post implied, I have read the manga (and also seen the 1999 Version). I wasn't to fond of Madhouse making Gon forget about Kaito either. He's definetely more important to Gon than that.
So ye, I accept that Gon deeply respects Kaito for saving him and telling him about his father and beeing a connection to him. But at the palace invasion he acts as if he wants to revenge for one of his most beloved persons ever. And I just don't think Kaito can be someone like that for Gon, "just" by saving his life and being a connection to Ging.

But as I also stated, even if I were to accept Kaito as being that important to Gon, that still doesn't justifies his behaviour to me.
Because all rage and "he's just a little kid"-arguments aside: no one said he couldn't fight Pitou. He "just" has to wait. Making a huge fuss over that is pathetic, in my opinion.
Mar 19, 2014 11:40 AM

Sep 2012
Chrollo is Zeno Tier, and Zeno more-or-less admitted he was weaker than Netero, so I guess Netero would win. The fight would be close though.
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Meruem intended to kill Pitou, Netero only tried to push Pitou aside, which he did... like a boss.
Mar 19, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2013
Andan210 said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Yes, but what Netero did wasn't even an attack. It was like pushing away a fly with your hand. If he had been serious, he wold have killed Pitou. Not with that only attack, but nothing too difficult either. The problem is that would have taked too many time and would have allowed the other two Royal Guards to go with the King.

Pushing away? that was his attack with the budda, we didn't get that flashback for nothing. She tanked that shit, Pouf tanked a slap from Meruem after he ate that nen user. Who know what they could have done if they actually worked together when they spotted Netero/Zeno.

Edit: Why would Netero push her aside if he could kill her in one blow? makes no sense. Also we saw the force he used and how she was sent flying, nah that was a legit attack and Pitou tanked it.
SaSa-ZoldyckMar 19, 2014 11:48 AM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Mar 19, 2014 11:43 AM

Feb 2011
Oh well, my post took to long.
Are you guys even considering the fact that it was easier to push Pitou away, then to really harm her?
I'm not saying that is definetely the case, but I also can't see why it HAS to be the other way around.

Maybe Netero even did only that, because he couldn't have harmed Pitou that much.

Edit: well, maybe she really tanked it. Could be. Either way, Netero's being overrated.
KuchenlightMar 19, 2014 11:48 AM
Mar 19, 2014 11:48 AM

Jun 2012
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Andan210 said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Pushing away? that was his attack with the budda, we didn't get that flashback for nothing. She tanked that shit, Pouf tanked a slap from Meruem after he ate that nen user. Who know what they could have done if they actually worked together when they spotted Netero/Zeno.

Yes, it was an attack with the buddha, but it wasn't with the intention to kill. He only wanted to send Pitou far away from there, wich he accomplished.
Mar 19, 2014 11:50 AM

Apr 2011
Andan210 said:
Valaskjalf said:
Andan210 said:
GuusWayne said:

What?

Pitou? The one that he send flying miles away without even touching him? That Pitou?

No seriously, the reason why he didn't want the Royal Guards with the King was because if the 4 of them were together and combining their powers, he was not going to be able to win the fight. But in a 1vs1, Netero is absolutely stronger than any of the Royal Guards.

Hell, even if the three Royal Guards would attack him at the same, he will probably crush them all in like 10 minutes. The problem is when they have the King's help.

So why did Netero lie when he he said "That thing is stronger than me" if he is truly stronger than all the Royal Guards ?
Mar 19, 2014 11:52 AM

Jun 2012
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Edit: Why would Netero push her aside if he could kill her in one blow? makes no sense. Also we saw the force he used and how she was sent flying, nah that was a legit attack and Pitou tanked it.

Again, i said he couldn't kill Pitou in one blow. He is not the King. But definetly if he wanted to kill him, it wouldn't take that much effort for him. But the fact is that it would take too many time for him to kill Pitou personally. The other two Royal Guards will join to the King, and the whole plan would have failed.
Mar 19, 2014 11:54 AM

Feb 2011
Andan210 said:

Yes, it was an attack with the buddha, but it wasn't with the intention to kill. He only wanted to send Pitou far away from there, wich he accomplished.

As Sasa edited into her post: why would he do that, if he is so much stronger than Pitou? Severely wounding her or even taking her out (if he really is that strong) would've made much more sense. The whole mission would've had a much higher chance of succeeding.

Only pushing her away if he could've done more makes no sense and therefore I highly doubt Netero would do that.

Edit: again I couldn't keep up with your pace, damn. =(
My argument still stands though. Why not wounding her/doing some serious damage at least?
Mar 19, 2014 11:56 AM

Jun 2012
Valaskjalf said:
Andan210 said:
Valaskjalf said:
Andan210 said:
GuusWayne said:

What?

So why did Netero lie when he he said "That thing is stronger than me" if he is truly stronger than all the Royal Guards ?

Are you really sure he was talking about Pitou? I really don't remenber him saying something like that about Pitou, but rather about the King. And just wait, the upcoming episodes are the prove to Netero being stronger than the Royal Guards.
Mar 19, 2014 12:02 PM

Jun 2012
People, i think we're forgeting something really important here: The King, Meruem, is the absolute most powerful being ever created in the world of HxH. Nobody, not Netero, not the Royal Guards, not Ging, comes even close to his power. Even in a 1vs1 fight, Netero only has a slight chance of winning. He can kill 1 or 2 Royal Guards right away yes, but that would let at least one Royal Guard to go help the King, and his already small chance of winning will disappear.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

fishergirl16 - Mar 3, 2012

119 by Nerdason »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

fishergirl16 - Feb 18, 2012

263 by Nerdason »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cetais - Feb 11, 2012

188 by Nerdason »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

877 by RoleCollab »»
Yesterday, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Amagai - Feb 4, 2012

97 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 2:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.