Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2009 11:08 PM
Dec 2008
omg I loved the series so much
finished 26eps within 24hrs lol
I'm still confused tho.
gotta watch kai and finish that too
Aug 8, 2009 4:04 PM

Dec 2008
9 instead of 10 because of how confused I was when it ended. I hate anticlimatic endings.

Hope second season makes me feel better.
Aug 9, 2009 8:07 PM

Dec 2007
I assume that it's a infinite time loop or multiple universes. Rika seems to know everyting. At least, it explained most of the stuff. People scratch at their throats because they think they are infested with maggots or parasites. I don't know if this is true. I also don't know how everyone gets infected or goes crazy.
Aug 14, 2009 9:39 AM

Aug 2009
Sep 12, 2009 7:53 PM

Jul 2009
kaena said:
omg I loved the series so much
finished 26eps within 24hrs lol
I'm still confused tho.
gotta watch kai and finish that too

Just did the same thing ;P

Absolutely love the ending when they hugged and Rena started to cry (my eyes moised a bit) though a kiss in the moonshine would have been an even better (^_^)

Still it did not really explain what actually is going on, or why it would seem they all have to relive that month over and over again. With someone always going crazy, paranoid and berserking, leaving a bloodbath behind.

Hope the second season clears everything up, and have a happy ending =P
Sep 19, 2009 1:31 AM

Mar 2009
I loved this anime, very well done.
This episode was pretty intense, I didn't think that Rena would go Negotiator on us. But loved the hug at the end...wished they would of just kissed, jeeze.

But did the ending remind anyone else of Endless Eight?
Koizumi should pop up and start saying "We've entered an endless recursion of time!"

Anyways, I was planning on seeing everyone die, but glad they didn't.

Though, despite that, I loved the "Shion-going-crazy" arc. I don't know why. Shion is a BABE, too bad she went psycho in that arc, what a turn off. XD
Oct 6, 2009 3:55 PM

Sep 2008
Too many things that didnt make sense, but still enjoyable. 7/10.
Oct 9, 2009 10:47 PM
May 2009
It was a really lame ending, in my opinion. Things were going well until Keiichi got to the rooftop, and it went downhill extremely fast from there; the fight scene made me cringe. Rika's revelation at the end was interesting but at this point it is already quite clear she is fully aware of the time loop and it seems she has been for quite some time (possibly as far as when she predicted everyone's deaths, because she had experienced them before. (?)).

Anyway, compared to the previous arcs, which were the most brilliant things I had seen in anime so far, this one was quite a let down.
Oct 10, 2009 1:12 PM

Jul 2008
5 out of 5: Loved it! 100 76.92%

no way it was so childish for very dark Series :<

and the timing bomb stop at 00:00.1 that kids staff from B-movies the only good thing in the last epsode was the end whin rika show hir real face that was good
any way
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni time end

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai here i came :D
wish me nice nightmears |D
Oct 13, 2009 6:39 PM

Aug 2008
I found the story to hit my soft spot dead on, it encouraged the watcher to guess about the unexplained motivations and events. Much like a good novel.

I fell for every arc, each was like watching the show for the first time.
They had me at the end of each believing the story was related to a demon, then to Shion's obsession and coincidence, then to bad luck, then to parasites.

It seems like Rika is going to be the main protagonist in Kai, which I just can't wait to get into. Keiichi ended up being out of the loop and the vantage point was pretty dry after the first few cycles. And I just love when Rika speaks in her mature voice for some reason.
MerrilFeb 13, 2010 6:24 PM
Oct 21, 2009 9:08 PM

Mar 2009
10/10.

Added to my favorites :)

Time to watch Kai!
Nov 2, 2009 9:11 PM

Oct 2009
I am amazed at how well the arcs inter-mesh. The writers seem to have made a concerted effort to make sure none of the plots are contradictory. However remains one point that still offers a potential contraction(not to mention unanswered questions).

Takano's Death: who or what did they talk to? Zombie, Parasite clone,demon apparition? all of the options seem to require a fantasy or SciFi justification. Takano's walking dead state would seem to make it impossible for the writers to choose a purely realistic explanation justified with psychology. Can anyone see a way for them to get away with a real world ending?

("the coroner got it wrong" explanation is too easy, its a let down. As a rule none of the characters in this type of mystery can suggest the correct explanation(there must be a trope for this)).
Error 547: No keyboard detected, press F12 for options.

Nov 3, 2009 4:36 AM

Jun 2009
Dragnoer said:
I am amazed at how well the arcs inter-mesh. The writers seem to have made a concerted effort to make sure none of the plots are contradictory. However remains one point that still offers a potential contraction(not to mention unanswered questions).

Takano's Death: who or what did they talk to? Zombie, Parasite clone,demon apparition? all of the options seem to require a fantasy or SciFi justification. Takano's walking dead state would seem to make it impossible for the writers to choose a purely realistic explanation justified with psychology. Can anyone see a way for them to get away with a real world ending?

("the coroner got it wrong" explanation is too easy, its a let down. As a rule none of the characters in this type of mystery can suggest the correct explanation(there must be a trope for this)).

You'll be sooo surprise by the answer... about how well it's explained to the extent that it made sense.
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai will explain everything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2009 9:36 PM

Oct 2009
Mikhael04 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome episode, I would almost go as far to say it's been the best of the series.
Great way to end it.

Nothing more to add. This series blew my mind. I'm gonna start acquiring the second season asap.
Nov 9, 2009 7:54 PM

Aug 2009
this anime brings out every reaction possable one second ur laughing ur ass off and the next ur jaw is droped in terror

this series was amazing I cant wait to see what happens in the 2nd season!!
Nov 23, 2009 10:57 PM

Jul 2009
I first expected rena to murder keichi brutally, then when they went for the final move I thought the hatchet on bat would cause a spark and ignite the gasoline vapors. I was suprised when neither happened, though the fact that Rena reversed the powers of the curse by realizing her wrongdoings is interesting, and i think it has something to do with the finnal solution to the mystery.

Im not sure if Rika is the one resseting everything because even though she remembers everything from all the arcs. she died in the third arc everything was still reset after that.

I think that the games they play at the beginning of each arc signal that the whole curse is like some sort of game.

Im off to take a break from this anime for a short time before i pick it up kai
AsunyanNov 23, 2009 11:01 PM
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Nov 26, 2009 4:22 AM

Jul 2008
One of the crappiest shows I've seen, I loved it as much as the next person, but then came the ending... The motherfucking ending!

THERE WASN'T ONE!

The plot didn't move, we didn't get any answers, nothing was concluded, it was just a big FUCK YOU, be sure to watch the next season of random killings featuring the same boring ass characters.

For a God damn show which was basicly just random short-stories strung together it's an epic fail to not conclude/explain everything in the finale.

On the account that the series never climaxed makes it a horrible waste of time.
and FYI, when the "conclusions" showed up in season 2 it was already too late, not mentioning the fact that they ruined everything with their far-fetched bullshit explanations about aliens and shit.

God I hate Higurashi.
Nov 27, 2009 10:14 PM

May 2007
Resident Evil 4 anyone?

lol

I still don't swallow the alien thinggy.
But the parasite plot I might accept.
Jan 3, 2010 5:03 AM

Aug 2009
Ee. That was a good ending~ To Kai!
10/10 for this season though :D It was awesome
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Jan 5, 2010 7:07 PM

Jul 2008
This show is so damn boring. It ended on a terrible note with me. Probably won't watch the second season.
Feb 8, 2010 12:59 PM

Aug 2008
omgf, it made mi cry this part rena x keiichi.
And end, the end during which started the same, but a different story caused me feel... strange, no. it's not that. it was really mysterious. Perpetual June.
and Rika, she's after that ending the most mysterious person in this anime. When she was fighting with Rena she said that she won't give up / won't commit the same mistake / didn't lose as it once was.
it's weird......really. but i liked it.
Mar 12, 2010 3:49 PM
Feb 2010
So when someone is targeted, they start hallucinating? In the first arc, Keii-chan thought they were going to inject him with something, when in fact she was just drawing on his arm?

And when they realize what they've done, time resets to the beginning? I think?
Mar 12, 2010 4:46 PM

Mar 2010
PURE WIN that is all...

Lovebar made by Rarutos-sama from ARM
Mar 20, 2010 12:28 PM

Aug 2008
Rika at the end *~*

I really enjoyed it~
Mar 21, 2010 1:00 PM
Jan 2010
Hmm, well the last episodes redeemed this show somewhat.
The whole show gets a 7/10 from me. I guess I'll watch Kai, then.
Mar 31, 2010 9:35 PM

Jan 2010
ArtRodriguez said:
This show is so damn boring. It ended on a terrible note with me. Probably won't watch the second season.

Lol, are you serious? I guess it's not for everyone...

The best part was where RIka said at the end "I will play with this again in this endless June"

So the truth is that time repeats itself, kind of like endless eight in Haruhi...

Amazing series!
Apr 15, 2010 11:27 AM

Jan 2010
haha what a great ending :-)

wait...i'm confused...
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 16, 2010 8:08 PM

Jan 2010
If I didn't know there was a second season, I would've been sooo pissed >.<
Anyways, this was an excellent ending for a season. Rika is obviously in on mostly everything. She really impresses me... the ending was quite odd, though. It's like, the same thing happens over and over and over and some characters may get their memories from a past life (like Keichii) while other characters, like Rika, always remember the past. Cool.
Apr 22, 2010 9:40 AM

Jan 2010
The first and the last arc still don't make sense. The rest does... More or less. Guess I'll have to watch Kai someday. Anyway, I thought the ending was disappointing. It was a happy ending. Blegh. That's just sooo.... NOT Higurashi! O.o
Apr 23, 2010 9:00 AM
Apr 2008
Pretty good ending. A great anime. I was expecting something different though.
Apr 23, 2010 9:17 AM

Feb 2010
Awesome ending.
Especially the epic rooftop battle - loved it!
Still most questions stay unanswered, although now we have at least some idead about what it may be all about ^^.
Going for Kai now :D
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 26, 2010 8:33 AM

Apr 2008
booooriiiing.
i've anjoyed the first arc. the second one was not so bad. but the rest... well, hearing the same story over and over all the time is not as interesting as i'd like it to be.

and don't even try to mumble that the story changed. it did, a bit, but still was just "ahmigawd, let's be friends! hey, something strange happened to (insert name here)! [intermission for some blood] oh no, they gonna kill us / we're all gonna die!!!" and some hopefully gore ending. i am not amused. it's not as gore as akira, not as psycho as evangelion, not as funny as maria holic and not nearly as cute as some other series. to me it makes a terrible mashup of genres.

i can't see what's so great about this show. i'm not saying it's awful, but it just doesn't work for me.
not watching next seasons, unless my higurashi-loving friends make me do it. or i have roo much time this summer. (doubt it).
...::never knows best::...
Apr 26, 2010 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
Guys, what the hell? Is killing, like, legal in Hinamizawa? =O I mean:
"I have a problem, what should I do?"
"Kill someone!"
"Good idea, I'll go get my hatchet! =D"
"Great! Have fun! =D"
=.=
May 17, 2010 9:55 AM

Nov 2009
realmruler1 said:
Guys, what the hell? Is killing, like, legal in Hinamizawa? =O I mean:
"I have a problem, what should I do?"
"Kill someone!"
"Good idea, I'll go get my hatchet! =D"
"Great! Have fun! =D"
=.=

Lol^

I wonder what would have happened if light was the detective instead of ooishi

Epic Mind Fight

Also maggots falling from rena was AWESOME
May 21, 2010 5:00 PM
Dec 2009
OMG I still don't understand anything >__<
Can someone explain to me why this arc is the solution to arc 1?
May 23, 2010 3:09 AM

Aug 2008
Oh well, I'm only part of the way through this. This show surprised me, in a lot of ways. I still don't really know what the hell is going on, but I guess that's for the 2nd series to clear up.
May 31, 2010 2:23 AM

Apr 2010
A couple years ago i wouldnt b caught dead watchn this...i'd shyt my pants but shows like this and school days r so kewl

the parasites things was gross as hell omg...kinda weird nd my head is still spinning from the switchn up of the story xD

great show wondr wat tha second wuld b like?...shion and rena r my favz xD Shion being #1
[Catchy, cool, insightful quote]
Jun 2, 2010 5:49 AM

May 2009
Mi. ^^
I haven't seen much anime and I'm a newbie, but watching this was like discovering sometging completly new to me. It's over 9000! The thing I've loved in first series was that I couldn't predict how each chapter will be ended and wtf was for real happening in there. It has never happened to me since I'm watching anime.
Imo, comparing to others, this anime deserves for 10+/10.

Nippah!
ColonistJun 2, 2010 6:01 AM
Jun 13, 2010 5:53 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, I'm still confused. Hopefully Kai will clear things up some more.

I'm going to give it a 9/10, it was pretty darn good even if it was confusing. I'll watch Kai next weekend and see if its any better.
Jun 16, 2010 3:41 PM

Aug 2009
The first the quarter of the series was a failure for me. However, it soon became very interesting and the last episode was the best one.

Also, the instrumental which plays when Rena 'realizes' was pretty intense. I must get it.

Overall, bad characters/art IMO but the plot caught up at the end. Enough to motivate me to watch Kai. But I need some jolly anime break before that. Glad this one ended on a good note though.
Jun 20, 2010 4:29 PM

Oct 2007
i wasn't sure what to expect with this episode, but i was left satisfied, my favorite part is when rika vows to try harder "this time" and you know that they are in a repeating world with no doubts whatsoever. i'm already starting season 2!
Jun 23, 2010 11:11 AM

May 2010
Like stated before, the first quarter was kind of disappointing, but it grabbed my attention soon after, and the final episode was real good. I've read that quite a few people dislike Kai, was looking forward to that one and still gonna watch it, but gonna have my doubts.
Jul 2, 2010 1:33 PM

Dec 2009
Sleepingeasy said:
I was expecting everyone to die, or at least get butchered. This was actually a nice ending, loved the hug :D

this
Jul 5, 2010 7:45 AM

Apr 2010
This was AWESOME!!!! teheeeeee ^^^^^^ and the end was sooooooo cute and sweet... oh yes, I loved this anime.

I just wonder... What will Rena do with the infection in her neck XP
Jul 7, 2010 8:10 AM

Jan 2009
Shitstorm of lol incoming.
This made like... No damn sense at all x'D
Did.. Any of this actually make any kind of logical sense? Except the fact that there were a bunch of crazy lolis running around killing people. But, well.. I wonder.. That probably can't be called "sense" though xD..
I'd also heard rumors that the OP was supposedly awesome... It wasn't >.> (And the ED was pretty crap)

Anyway, Shion <3 : D (And a bit Mion too, but mostly Shion~)
Also, something I'm extremely annoyed at.. Is the fact that Mion's carrying that damn gun or w/e it is almost all the damn time xD....... Seriously, why? щ(゚Д゚щ)
And Takano looks like a retard btw. : >

Oh hey look, now this is at the same sense-level as Umineko, coolio.
I am disappoint. A proper rating would be 6... But I can't rate it lower than 7 because of Shion and Mion (・3・ア
Ahh.. Perhaps Kai will shed some light on something at least. (Perhaps not)
Oh, that was pretty long~

miss_haruno said:
I just wonder... What will Rena do with the infection in her neck XP
Die, hopefully? : D
OosranJul 7, 2010 11:23 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 8, 2010 12:56 AM

Mar 2010
What were those worms??Gross...
Well, the end didn't give any answers..I still don't know what really happened.Let's hope season 2 will enlighten us more..

The series ,though, was absolutely amazing.I don't think i've ever seen something like that.It was so thrilling and anticipating.The madness, the two-faced little girls,the torture, the blood...I totally loved it.I hope that doesn't make me a weirdo :)
Jul 15, 2010 4:03 PM

Aug 2009
Rena actually recovered? -is she going to die from the clawing?
Rika isn't what she seems
Confusing.
But I loved it
10/10
FrostlightJul 15, 2010 4:10 PM
Aug 2, 2010 6:25 AM

Jul 2009
The series is totally amazing but as many of you have mentioned it leaves to many questions unanswered. Hope the second season is as good as the first one or better (^v^)
Aug 4, 2010 2:11 AM

Dec 2008
Atroxion said:
Am I the only one who didn't like this arc? And wow, this episode was terrible. Come on! Almost nothing was explain, no one got killed, the happy ending. I wish the previous arc would have been the last one. That way the series would have ended with a bang instead of this disappointing episode. I would have given this series a perfect 10 but now it's a 9.

Oh well, hopefully I'll enjoy Kai more.

No, you're not the only one who didn't like this arc. I wanted something more solid after feeling the unexpected from this series, and not only did this arc explain nothing, it ended on a happy note. I was kind of expecting something to seriously blow my mind. It was mind blowing for me at the beginning of this arc, with Takano's theories and Rena's awesome back story and sudden murders, and I could even find the group's friendship touching. But this ending was... really bad. Vague. Slightly reminded me of Haruhi's Endless Eight. (But I *LOVED* the Endless Eight, bizarrely enough!)

As such, I cannot give this series the ten I hoped for. It's a horror series, damn it, the first anime I can honestly say scared me. But this ending kind of killed it and made me think about all the other horror movies and anime I've watched that have made me wind up in disappointment.

Overall, the series was incredible and despite the last couple episodes here, I still feel it deserves a nine. I was throughly entertained, despite the disappointing ending.

Lucky for me there's a second season! :D
Aug 11, 2010 9:00 PM

Aug 2009
I think I need to rewatch this.

But first I'm going to watch a lot of lighthearted comedies. I need a breather from all that gore. Go ahead, call me a light weight.... I dunno caarrre...

Though, that happy ending did catch me off guard. I figured everyone or atleast Keiichi and Rena would die. Alright, now to overdose on comedies and slice of life.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.