Forum Settings
Forums
Shinobi Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2009 3:51 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
glad the big reveal and its after effects were dealt with quickly, plus they seem to have acknowledged each others' feelings at the same time. this manga is going at like 10 times the rate of so many other manga/anime that I've read/watched :)

wonder if his former friend will find the portal and follow them
Nov 22, 2009 5:18 PM

Dec 2008
Nice that Beni and Kagetora managed to be together and escape the near death situation. Though after returning to the present, I'm curious as to what may happen in the past (with the ninja pursuer, and the princess Beni). CUrious to see what events unfold next.
Dec 11, 2009 5:20 PM

Aug 2009
It is going pretty fast, huh? I figure they would play out Beni not being the princess a bit longer. But its not a bad thing :D and Kagetora's gorgeous <33

Edit: I found out why the first four chapters went so fast....(spoiler tag used for a reason, please be wary ^_^)
NewheightsDec 12, 2009 8:00 PM

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Nov 16, 2012 9:28 PM

Nov 2011
Such a sweet ending. Btw, did Beni try to fight that guy with a teaser? Silly girl.
Feb 5, 2013 1:13 AM
Sep 2010
Newheights said:
It is going pretty fast, huh? I figure they would play out Beni not being the princess a bit longer. But its not a bad thing :D and Kagetora's gorgeous <33

Edit: I found out why the first four chapters went so fast....(spoiler tag used for a reason, please be wary ^_^)

Yea. I figured something like that. With the way that it read, it was like the ending because I definitely thought the way to go with this one, if it was planned to be a longer series, was to allow for the romantic tension to build up, not necessarily continuing to hide the fact that she's not the princess but allowing for the reveal of her not being the princess and then the current/past situation of the real princess & how that unfolded to play out slowly and towards the end. It seriously could have been like four story arcs with that alone. In any case, I'm not too upset. I just hope that the mangaka handles this well and I'm curious to see how she does it. As anyone who's ever been in a long term relationship can tell you; the sweetest and most interesting part (at least to others) is normally the courtship. This is why most stories just leave it at "and they lived happily ever after."
Aug 9, 2018 9:29 AM

Sep 2017
Well, shinobi ch 3 and 4 review: Well, the romantic arc is now over in the 1st volume. This is quite unexpected. Also, everything seems resolved in so few chapters. It seems like the story should have been over by now. Everything seems resolved and perfect.

Let's see if the next few chapters change that. But I like the fact that Beni is starting to defend the ninja and the ninja allows the princess to live happily. And everything is revealed. This is similar to how Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutian had, couple by the 4th episode.

We will see if there is scope for more romantic blossom. I dunno how to feel about the bud of romance blooming quickly, since most anime/manga just don't go past the confirmed bf/gf, but let's see how the manga tackles this scenario.

BTW, this gave me a good idea to read a manga that just looks at the problems of married life next. Like something that focusses on what happens when love is complete and marriage begins. And I am not talking about the slice of life types, but the serious drama types. If there isn't, I am gonna write one. Like Futari ecchi, but less on the H and more on the dense husband tsundere wife drama.(Which actually is a nice idea, now that I think about it.)

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 30, 2019 10:41 AM
Aug 2018
So his mentality toward Beni just made two 180° turns in one chapter. From the master-servant relationship to hatred and then to love.

What a weird character development.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinobi Life Chapter 64 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

6 by gswelcome »»
Jan 1, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Shinobi Life Chapter 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2012

2 by TuryuriOwO »»
Apr 4, 2022 3:13 PM

Poll: » Shinobi Life Chapter 26 Discussion

nolongerusingbye - Jul 6, 2009

12 by KitaTsuki »»
Jun 24, 2019 10:42 AM

Poll: » Shinobi Life Chapter 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 6, 2009

3 by tr25a3 »»
Jan 30, 2019 9:59 AM

Poll: » Shinobi Life Chapter 24 Discussion

nolongerusingbye - Jun 27, 2009

8 by JeremiahOrange »»
Aug 9, 2018 9:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.