Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2016 12:11 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
SleepingBear said:
Do you check the rewatch entries too? I've never felt the need to use the rewatch feature, so it'd be good to know in advance.

For now I'm planning on using the stats, history and dates (hoping everyone includes the start/end dates)... So I will most likely do that too.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 8, 2016 12:19 PM

Jan 2013
wiedzminek said:
Recommendations please? If possible few titles up to 3 cours that are really good or funny. :)

Also, can I use two (or more) different seasons of the same series (for example Clannad and Clannad After Story) to fill two different criteria? I planned to keep all the sequels/prequels as an emergency supply, cause watching 50 new TV series with all series related to it could turn out to be too hard. But I will still try not to use them! :]

Even though its allowed, I made a personal rule for myself that I'd watch everything related to a show I've entered for every challenge.
As the entire Watching Challenge is made so you watch shows you normally wouldnt ... and with sequels / prequels or anything related you pretty much know what the anime is etc.

But hey ... each to their own :D
Jan 8, 2016 12:29 PM

Aug 2007
@SheyCroix, thanks for the clarification. I was quite pleased with the random word I got and am glad I can use one of the anime it pointed to.

I still need a recommendation from you guys, just send a title my way.

Getting something from a director/studio I hadn't seen anything from before is turning to be a bigger hurdle than I thought.
Jan 8, 2016 12:35 PM

Jul 2012
SheyCroix said:
SleepingBear said:
Do you check the rewatch entries too? I've never felt the need to use the rewatch feature, so it'd be good to know in advance.

For now I'm planning on using the stats, history and dates (hoping everyone includes the start/end dates)... So I will most likely do that too.

Thanks for the clarification, and also for hosting this event.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Jan 8, 2016 12:36 PM

May 2012
PrOxAnto said:
wiedzminek said:
Recommendations please? If possible few titles up to 3 cours that are really good or funny. :)

Also, can I use two (or more) different seasons of the same series (for example Clannad and Clannad After Story) to fill two different criteria? I planned to keep all the sequels/prequels as an emergency supply, cause watching 50 new TV series with all series related to it could turn out to be too hard. But I will still try not to use them! :]

Even though its allowed, I made a personal rule for myself that I'd watch everything related to a show I've entered for every challenge.
As the entire Watching Challenge is made so you watch shows you normally wouldnt ... and with sequels / prequels or anything related you pretty much know what the anime is etc.

But hey ... each to their own :D

I'm trying to do the same (plus watch only TV ones), but I was a little afraid if I manage to complete it in time, so just in case... Anyway, good luck for us both ^^

SheyCroix said:
Just answering some questions that seemed to left a bit of doubt. If I missed any not answered by someone else already, then sorry.....

wiedzminek said:

Yes, as long as they are different entries you can.

thx
Jan 8, 2016 12:48 PM

Jul 2015
If I started watching Bakemonogatari on Jan 2, 2016 and finished it on Jan 6, and I registered on the anime watching challenge shortly after that (same date), can I include Bakemonogatari as an anime I that I completed for a specific requirement (i.e. Vampire anime) considering that the whole time I watched Bakemonogatai, I was within the constraints of the challenge?

"There’s one last thing you should never forget, Issei. Even a Pawn can take down the King."
Jan 8, 2016 12:50 PM

Jan 2013
DarkLIGHT196 said:
If I started watching Bakemonogatari on Jan 2, 2016 and finished it on Jan 6, and I registered on the anime watching challenge shortly after that (same date), can I include Bakemonogatari as an anime I that I completed for a specific requirement (i.e. Vampire anime) considering that the whole time I watched Bakemonogatai, I was within the constraints of the challenge?

Yes , any anime counts as long as you've started watching in 2016.
For example, you could start the challenge halfway through 2016 and enter all the anime you've seen this year for any challenge you desire.
Jan 8, 2016 12:57 PM

Mar 2013
I know there was some kind of weird stipulation with dropped stuff, where if you dropped it and then picked it back up it was okay, or something along those lines.

How does that work in the case of God Eater? It aired the first 9 episodes last year, then went on hiatus because they ran out of budget, and are back and running the last 4 episodes this year. Does that bring into the dropped anime rule? Or is God Eater just ineligible for anyone that was watching during it's airing period?
Jan 8, 2016 1:02 PM

Jul 2013
Nocturnal said:
@SheyCroix, thanks for the clarification. I was quite pleased with the random word I got and am glad I can use one of the anime it pointed to.

I still need a recommendation from you guys, just send a title my way.

Getting something from a director/studio I hadn't seen anything from before is turning to be a bigger hurdle than I thought.

You haven't witnessed the greatness of Kei Oyama yet (though that almost feels like cheating). Haven't really checked you whole list but perhaps Hiroyuki Yamaga.

Anyway lets try again since nobody gave me a rec yesterday:

Can anyone give me a recommendation? I would appreciate it if it's something you consider to be a hidden gem, but anything else is fine too
Jan 8, 2016 1:10 PM

Sep 2011
If someone would be so kind (who is participating in the challenge, of course), I need two recommendations (or a lot of recommendations with two different criteria)

1. Please recommend a series I haven't seen yet (might want to recommend a few in case I've already planned to watch that series for another part of the challenge). Would prefer less than 26eps

2. Another recommendations but for my second/personal challenge of short stuff - movie, OVAs, specials, etc. of less than 5 episodes (again, might want to recommend a few)

Thank ya~

My Plannin' for challenge
My Completed
Jan 8, 2016 2:00 PM

Jun 2015
riho88riho said:
If someone would be so kind (who is participating in the challenge, of course), I need two recommendations (or a lot of recommendations with two different criteria)

1. Please recommend a series I haven't seen yet (might want to recommend a few in case I've already planned to watch that series for another part of the challenge). Would prefer less than 26eps

2. Another recommendations but for my second/personal challenge of short stuff - movie, OVAs, specials, etc. of less than 5 episodes (again, might want to recommend a few)

Thank ya~

My Plannin' for challenge
My Completed

Stranger: Mukou Hadan
Aoi Bungaku Series
Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica
Death Note
Claymore
Mononoke

I don't watch a lot of movies/OVAs, so I can't really help with the second part.

Feel free to check my list.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 8, 2016 2:42 PM
Jul 2015
SheyCroix said:

I've never bothered with start and end dates because I do everything on my I-pad and it's waaay easier to just put how many episodes you've watched, but for the things I watch for the challenge I'll try to remember to put the dates in there ~^.^~
Jan 8, 2016 2:43 PM

Jun 2015
PeopleAreZebras said:
SheyCroix said:

I've never bothered with start and end dates because I do everything on my I-pad and it's waaay easier to just put how many episodes you've watched, but for the things I watch for the challenge I'll try to remember to put the dates in there ~^.^~

I dislike putting dates as well, but for this challenge I'll make an exception.
Jan 8, 2016 2:45 PM

Jun 2015
Sounds like tough work shey.

Respect. Some challenges are brutal though XD
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 8, 2016 2:48 PM
Jul 2015
Dopu said:

Can anyone give me a recommendation? I would appreciate it if it's something you consider to be a hidden gem, but anything else is fine too

Try Kaze no Stigma

I have to say random stuff now because of character limit...
Jan 8, 2016 2:53 PM

Oct 2014
katsaroulhs said:

Which ones are brutal? Despite the "out of your comfort zone" thing I was still able to mostly use my PTW for the challenges. I mostly watch moe so I think you can tell where my comfort zone is.
Jan 8, 2016 2:54 PM

Jun 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
katsaroulhs said:

Which ones are brutal? Despite the "out of your comfort zone" thing I was still able to mostly use my PTW for the challenges. I mostly watch moe so I think you can tell where my comfort zone is.

Mostly the bonus ones. For me at least.
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Jan 8, 2016 2:55 PM

Jun 2015
katsaroulhs said:
zombie_pegasus said:

That's why they are bonus. :)
Here are some more letters.
Jan 8, 2016 2:57 PM

Jun 2015
TrashDax said:
katsaroulhs said:

That's why they are bonus. :)
Here are some more letters.

Yeah I guess. Will do them anyway. Will feel good about myself.
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Jan 8, 2016 3:13 PM

Feb 2014
I was just starting to write my Sign up form and started pretty late (around 23:00, January 8th GMT +1), and found out I used more than 1 hour to get enough titles, so would my join date be the 8th, or 9th of January?

Jan 8, 2016 3:19 PM

Jun 2015
Edd601 said:
I was just starting to write my Sign up form and started pretty late (around 23:00, January 8th GMT +1), and found out I used more than 1 hour to get enough titles, so would my join date be the 8th, or 9th of January?

I don't think you have to put the exact date you made the post as the starting date.
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Jan 8, 2016 3:30 PM

Feb 2014
katsaroulhs said:
Edd601 said:

I don't think you have to put the exact date you made the post as the starting date.

It says "🌠 Starting date:" at the start of the form though

Jan 8, 2016 3:32 PM

Jun 2015
Edd601 said:
katsaroulhs said:

Yes, I think this is simply the date YOU are gonna start the challenge. I for example put 9/1/2016, however I made that post several days ago, and the shay didn't say anything.
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Jan 8, 2016 3:37 PM

Feb 2014
katsaroulhs said:
Edd601 said:

Yes, I think this is simply the date YOU are gonna start the challenge. I for example put 9/1/2016, however I made that post several days ago, and the shay didn't say anything.

Ah I see, that clears up that problem. Thanks for the help!

Jan 8, 2016 3:37 PM

Oct 2014
Edd601 said:
katsaroulhs said:

I don't think it really matters. For me it's still January 8th right now.
Jan 8, 2016 3:47 PM

Oct 2014
Right sweet I was going to ask if this was happening and then I checked and seen the post :D I'll gladly participate as soon as I finish Bleach, and because people have already asked the questions about anime you've already started, etc, that's all cleared up, so I'll just continue to watch the anime I'm watching now and finising bleach then I'll start this challenge. Can't wait!
Jan 8, 2016 3:57 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
AudioTsunami said:
I know there was some kind of weird stipulation with dropped stuff, where if you dropped it and then picked it back up it was okay, or something along those lines.

How does that work in the case of God Eater? It aired the first 9 episodes last year, then went on hiatus because they ran out of budget, and are back and running the last 4 episodes this year. Does that bring into the dropped anime rule? Or is God Eater just ineligible for anyone that was watching during it's airing period?

That one has the same rules as the rest. If you only have the last few episodes missing you can using it for the bonus challenge. If you start watching all the episodes this year then you can use it with any other item......

------------------------

Dopu said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10460/Kimi_to_Boku.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12031/Kingdom
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7674/Bakuman.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9863/SKET_Dance
SheyCroixJan 8, 2016 4:19 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 8, 2016 4:36 PM
Sep 2015
"Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard)"
What are these cours?
Jan 8, 2016 4:40 PM

Oct 2014
Roycewicz said:
"Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard)"
What are these cours?

Hey Shey, could you add some more explanations and definitions to your opening post to avoid further confusion?
zombie_pegasusJan 8, 2016 4:47 PM
Jan 8, 2016 4:50 PM

May 2015
Any recommendations by another participant please? My favourite genres are sports, seinen and psychological^^ thanks!
Jan 8, 2016 6:01 PM

Dec 2012
LanTamiya said:
Any recommendations by another participant please? My favourite genres are sports, seinen and psychological^^ thanks!
It's a long ride if you stick in for every season (6 total), but there's always Major.
Jan 8, 2016 6:47 PM

Mar 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
LanTamiya said:
It's a long ride if you stick in for every season (6 total), but there's always Major.

It's a long ride but you get at least 6 categories scratched off(9 if you finish the OVAs and the Movie). It's basically the equivalent of a couple shorts, a movie, and 6 2 cour-s. I'm doing the same deal, and I've been binge watching it.
Jan 8, 2016 10:04 PM

Apr 2015
Someone help me please. For the challenge of watching an anime rated 7 or below...do you guys have any recommendations? I just tried watching Brave 10, I am 5 minutes in and I feel like every minute I watch is just one regret after another.

Jan 8, 2016 10:24 PM

Apr 2015
i need a recommendation from participant in the challgenge, it doesnt have to be from my PTW, it doesnt matter what genre. THNX
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2016 10:27 PM

Apr 2015
Anticlimatic said:
i need a recommendation from participant in the challgenge, it doesnt have to be from my PTW, it doesnt matter what genre. THNX

oh easy Natsume Yuujinchou. It's around 13 episodes and has a similar feel to Mushishi. Easy going but interesting. The cat also serves as a comic relief here and there. Oh not to mention that it is deep, moving, and thought provoking with great character development. The art and soundtrack is refreshing as well.
DoneJan 8, 2016 10:33 PM

Jan 8, 2016 10:46 PM

Apr 2015
Done said:
Anticlimatic said:

oh easy Natsume Yuujinchou. It's around 13 episodes and has a similar feel to Mushishi. Easy going but interesting. The cat also serves as a comic relief here and there. Oh not to mention that it is deep, moving, and thought provoking with great character development. The art and soundtrack is refreshing as well.
Hahah ive seen it but i will watch the sequel which i believe is what you meant. Thank you
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2016 11:26 PM

Sep 2009
Done said:
Someone help me please. For the challenge of watching an anime rated 7 or below...do you guys have any recommendations? I just tried watching Brave 10, I am 5 minutes in and I feel like every minute I watch is just one regret after another.

Really depends on what you like, but the best suggestion I have is find a short anime (as in the episodes are short) such as Teekyuu. They tend to be rated low but they're actually pretty funny, assuming you share the humor, and you can get through them fairly quick. So it's a fast watch and relatively painless.
Jan 8, 2016 11:44 PM

Aug 2014
Can I please get a recommendation for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" as well as "Watch an anime with a target demographic that does not apply to you"

I'm a 18 y/o female.
Jan 8, 2016 11:45 PM

Oct 2014
Done said:
Either go the full way and watch Mars of Destruction, Nami, or Glasslip, or watch an unpopular anime like Yama no Susume or Nijiiro☆Prism Girl which mainly have low ratings because of the small rating pool. There are also some anime like Ore Twintails, Himegoto, Hacka Doll The Animation, Anitore! EX, Moetan, Urawa no Usagi-chan, and Weiß Survive which are fairly rated yet still enjoyable.
Jan 9, 2016 12:11 AM

Sep 2014
Done said:

If you like adventure I would say try Rolling Girls. The story writing is a mess and it has a lot of moe but the adventure/road trip feeling is great as well as the occasional over-the-top action.
Jan 9, 2016 2:36 AM

May 2010
I'm also here for a recommendation for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant". Maybe something serious and psychological would be nice to watch. A good comedy works too.

I usually dislike harem so maybe I could get a recommendation for a watchable harem anime too for the "Watch an anime that is tagged with a genre you dislike" ?

My animelist
My challenge form if needed. (and if the link works)
Jan 9, 2016 3:04 AM

Sep 2014
Hannf said:
I'm also here for a recommendation for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant". Maybe something serious and psychological would be nice to watch. A good comedy works too.

I usually dislike harem so maybe I could get a recommendation for a watchable harem anime too for the "Watch an anime that is tagged with a genre you dislike" ?

My animelist

Try Kaiba for the "serious" rec.

As for the harem one, I'm sorry but I can't give out a single rec. I skimmed through my list and it's pathetic how every harem anime I watched isn't tagged as harem by MAL...
Jan 9, 2016 3:07 AM

Oct 2014
Hannf said:

My animelist
Bartender is a good serious anime and Himouto Umaru Chan is a good comedy.

Story in Which I Was Kidnapped by a Young Lady's School to be a "Sample of the Common People" is a pretty good harem. If you use it please refer to it by its full English name. Grisaia is a good psychological harem, although you shouldn't judge it by the first season.
zombie_pegasusJan 9, 2016 3:11 AM
Jan 9, 2016 3:54 AM

May 2010
Miragee said:

Try Kaiba for the "serious" rec.

The synopsis sounds interesting. I'll try that, thanks!

zombie_pegasus said:
Bartender is a good serious anime and Himouto Umaru Chan is a good comedy.

Story in Which I Was Kidnapped by a Young Lady's School to be a "Sample of the Common People" is a pretty good harem. If you use it please refer to it by its full English name. Grisaia is a good psychological harem, although you shouldn't judge it by the first season.

Wow, that's one impressive name for an anime! I think, I remember reading its synopsis when it started airing. I'll try that and the Grisaia one for another category of the challenge. And yes, of course I will refer to the Story in Which I Was Kidnapped by a Young Lady's School to be a "Sample of the Common People" by its full English name. It would be a shame not to.

I remember watching some episodes of Bartender few years back, liked it but never finished it for some reason. Looks like I never updated it on my list either, weird. Himouto Umaru-chan also looks like fun. Maybe I could fit that somewhere else. Does it focus on non-romantic relationships perhaps? I haven't filled that one yet.
Jan 9, 2016 4:04 AM

May 2014

serious:
Jin-Rou
Stranger: Mukou Hadan
Berserk
Btooom!
comedy:
Working!!
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
worth a try :
Rokka no Yuusha
Kokoro Connect

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.
Nyan Koi!
Nisekoi
PsiwooJan 9, 2016 4:08 AM

Jan 9, 2016 4:48 AM

Oct 2013
 » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Could someone recommend me something funny and not to long?
Jan 9, 2016 5:00 AM

Aug 2012
Just need some clarification.

Watch a highly rated and completed anime from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on

Do I watch an anime the challenger watched for this challenge or any anime that's highly rated on his/her list?
Jan 9, 2016 5:28 AM

Jan 2015
Yzeelb said:
 » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Could someone recommend me something funny and not to long?

The Devil is a Part-Timer (12 Episodes, one of the funniest anime I've ever seen)
Baka to Test (2 seasons, 12-13 episodes each, really funny)
Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken (13 episodes, 5 minutes each)
Jan 9, 2016 6:29 AM

Jan 2013
M00ner said:
Just need some clarification.

Watch a highly rated and completed anime from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on

Do I watch an anime the challenger watched for this challenge or any anime that's highly rated on his/her list?

Clearly says you just have to watch an anime they rated high and completed it.
So no, it doesnt have to be from the same challenge, just a user from the same page you're on.
Jan 9, 2016 8:28 AM

Aug 2014
What does "cours" mean? It's in the first line in the "Adaptations" part.
sup
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Seeking Feedback from Female Anime Fans: Creating an Inclusive Environment in Our Club

devil2 - 1 hour ago

3 by Coaghim »»
8 minutes ago

» Favorite Sports Anime ?

tchitchouan - 5 hours ago

18 by Nirinbo »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Is the harem genre trashy? ( 1 2 )

JustSomeone15 - May 19

79 by Nemo_Niemand »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you read light novels?

EverRealm - Yesterday

31 by shiro-seishun »»
1 hour ago

» How much anime do you watch till its considered alot?

adosimp - Yesterday

19 by shiro-seishun »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.