Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2015 7:12 AM

Mar 2014
Can someone recommend me an anime that isnt too long? I'd prefer around 12 episodes but if its around 24 thats fine. My favorite genre's are Mystery, Horror. Something along the line's of those would be nice, i'll take other genre's too. Thank you!
Apr 3, 2015 7:36 AM

Dec 2012
Infinity_Soul said:
Can someone recommend me an anime that isnt too long? I'd prefer around 12 episodes but if its around 24 thats fine. My favorite genre's are Mystery, Horror. Something along the line's of those would be nice, i'll take other genre's too. Thank you!
You might enjoy Aoi Bungako Series from your PTW. Gosick is another one I saw (24 eps), it's full of mystery solving.
Apr 3, 2015 9:28 AM

Mar 2014
Can someone recommend me a good mecha anime with 12+ episodes or maybe a movie? Thanks!
Apr 3, 2015 10:02 AM

Mar 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
You might enjoy Aoi Bungako Series from your PTW. Gosick is another one I saw (24 eps), it's full of mystery solving.

Thanks, i'll check them out
Apr 3, 2015 10:37 PM

Apr 2013
xKazuto25 said:
Can someone recommend me a good mecha anime with 12+ episodes or maybe a movie? Thanks!

http://myanimelist.net/anime/567/The_Big_O
Apr 4, 2015 9:10 PM

Jan 2011
 » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Need this one please.
I'd like for it to be a one-shot if possible. Anything on my On-Hold or PTW is fair game.
Stipulations:
No prequel/sequel/summary series to something I've seen (ex. the Chuunibyou movie). Alternative versions are okay (ex. Blue Gender: The Warrior did not require the watcher to have seen Blue Gender).
Apr 4, 2015 10:27 PM

Aug 2010
lanblade said:
 » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Need this one please.
I'd like for it to be a one-shot if possible. Anything on my On-Hold or PTW is fair game.
Stipulations:
No prequel/sequel/summary series to something I've seen (ex. the Chuunibyou movie). Alternative versions are okay (ex. Blue Gender: The Warrior did not require the watcher to have seen Blue Gender).

You have Angel Densetsu in your on-hold. I'd definitively recommend watching it as well as reading the manga if you end up liking the OVA.

Otherwise, if you're in the mood for a bad movie: Crystal Triangle.
Apr 5, 2015 8:08 AM

Jan 2011
kallah said:
lanblade said:

Need this one please.
Stipulations:

You have Angel Densetsu in your on-hold. I'd definitively recommend watching it as well as reading the manga if you end up liking the OVA.

Otherwise, if you're in the mood for a bad movie: Crystal Triangle.

Thanks Kallah, I'll try both since I still need to fill my character archetype requirement. Hopefully the other will hit it, been having misses lately.
Apr 5, 2015 10:17 AM

May 2014
xKazuto25 said:

Bokurano
lanblade said:

Need this one please.
Stipulations:

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Golden Time
Grisaia no Kajitsu
Haikyuu!!
Isshuukan Friends
Junketsu no Maria
Apr 5, 2015 5:04 PM

Jun 2013
Should I count Jormungand as one or two anime?
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Apr 5, 2015 5:12 PM

Mar 2010
what do you mean one or two anime
Apr 5, 2015 5:27 PM

Jun 2013
Ranoom said:
what do you mean one or two anime
Well, it looks like it aired in 2 seasons just like UBW or Aldnoah.Zero. So should I count it as one anime of 24 episodes or 2 anime of 12 (Anime of one or two seasons)?
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Apr 5, 2015 5:36 PM

Mar 2010
they are two animes then. im pretty sure.
Apr 6, 2015 10:29 AM

May 2012
Hello everyone, I have some questions about the challenge :)

1) What exactly is a one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length ?

2) "Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher" -> is it the manga or the anime that should be above 8.0 ?

3) Should the live action be japanese ?

4) How does the challenge about TVtropes works ?

5) "Watch an anime that started the year you joined MAL or later" -> I joined MAL in 2012... so does it mean it's anything between 2012 and 2015 ?

6) What is the ½ + 7 rule ? I checked online but don't understand how this is applicable in that context so maybe I don't understand well ?

Also, can I get a movie or ONA suggestion, please ?
AngelShivaApr 6, 2015 2:06 PM
Apr 6, 2015 2:34 PM

Jun 2013
When watching genres we dislike, can we count in there mahou shoujo or trap? Because apart from that, only other I dislike is shounen ai/yaoi and I certainly do not plan to watch that.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Apr 6, 2015 3:38 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
AngelShiva said:
1. They are approximately 13/26/39 episodes long (one cours can be 10-13 episodes, for example).
2. The manga should be above 8.
3. It doesn't have to be Japanese. It can be Korean or Taiwanese, for example. Or even American (though unlikely).
4. Keep clicking the "random" button on TVtropes until you find a trope you like and look at the titles under Anime to pick one which has that trope.
5. Yes.
6. Assuming you're 20 years old, half your age plus seven is 17 years. So the anime must be at least 17 years old, or rather, have aired in 1998 or earlier.

I think you've seen almost everything I have so I'll let someone else give you a rec :)

Dimitrije1606 said:
When watching genres we dislike, can we count in there mahou shoujo or trap? Because apart from that, only other I dislike is shounen ai/yaoi and I certainly do not plan to watch that.
You can count those as genres, yep.
Apr 6, 2015 5:54 PM

Oct 2013
I have a question.
For the challenges that say anime, does that include anime movies, or is it only specific to anime series?
Apr 6, 2015 5:57 PM

Jul 2011
Hyunsuchu said:
I have a question.
For the challenges that say anime, does that include anime movies, or is it only specific to anime series?

One of the challenges it's to watch a movie, so, yeah.
Apr 7, 2015 9:53 AM

Mar 2015
Could someone tell me what this means?
"» Watch an early work of an established anime staff member (10+ roles)"

As well recommend me something random for this?
"» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"
LionesscreApr 7, 2015 2:24 PM
--my heart's a hieroglyph, it speaks in tongues
Apr 7, 2015 3:03 PM

Feb 2011
OnMyMind said:

It means find some director/VA who's done a lot of stuff and watch something from the beginning of their career.

OnMyMind said:
"» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"

http://myanimelist.net/anime/23787/Hi%E2%98%86sCoool!_SeHa_Girls
Apr 7, 2015 3:10 PM

Dec 2012
Maybe I'm just over thinking it, but for this challenge the score is for the manga itself and not the anime right?

» Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher

Thanks in advance.
Apr 7, 2015 3:14 PM

Feb 2011
Ratohnhaketon said:
Maybe I'm just over thinking it, but for this challenge the score is for the manga itself and not the anime right?

» Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher

Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure it's the manga that needs a 8.0, but you could just watch something where both are above 8.0.
Apr 7, 2015 3:15 PM

Jul 2011
Yes, it's the manga, Kineta said that above.
Apr 7, 2015 3:18 PM

Dec 2012
Ah whoops, sometimes the obvious answers lay in plain sight huh? I only asked because I'm going to watch Donten ni Warau, its manga is above 8.0 but anime counterpart is below.

Also a bit random but if anyone is looking for something about a non-human main character, Junkers Come Here is about a talking dog. It's a slice of life movie from the mid 1990s and has a nice message on family as well as organic characters. One of Sato Junichi's earlier works as well (for Aria/Tamayura fans).
Apr 7, 2015 6:27 PM

Apr 2014
Anime with a verb in it's title?

Besides:
Working
Rolling Girls
To Love Ru (which I don't think that one counts lol)
Apr 7, 2015 6:29 PM

Jul 2011
PandahHeart said:

Besides:
Working
Rolling Girls

Kill me baby
Kill la Kill?
Akame ga Kill
Apr 7, 2015 6:57 PM

Apr 2014
Praland said:
PandahHeart said:

Besides:
Working
Rolling Girls

Kill me baby
Kill la Kill?
Akame ga Kill

Any others? I've already watched Kill la Kill and AgK so I'm just trying to figure out what options I have, so please don't think I'm rude lol.
Apr 7, 2015 7:52 PM

Apr 2008
PandahHeart said:

Any others? I've already watched Kill la Kill and AgK so I'm just trying to figure out what options I have, so please don't think I'm rude lol.

You can basically search on MAL for Japanese verb endings like -suru, -teiru or -masu. Of course, that also finds things with those inside other words, so it isn't 100% accurate.

You're watching two shows with verbs - Danmachi and Hibike! Euphonium.
Apr 7, 2015 9:40 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
PandahHeart said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/22297/Fate/stay_night:_Unlimited_Blade_Works_(TV)

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 8, 2015 3:16 AM

May 2014
"Watch an anime three-cours (or more) in length"

<- Any ideas?

Apr 8, 2015 3:28 AM

Feb 2013
coromandel said:

<- Any ideas?

I am watching the 3 seasons of Kuroko no Basket for that. It doesn't have to be 3 cours in 1 time or does it?

hmmm seeing what everyone added for that I might be wrong tho :o
ChampApr 8, 2015 3:33 AM
Apr 8, 2015 3:46 AM

Mar 2015
Nicholaevich said:
OnMyMind said:

It means find some director/VA who's done a lot of stuff and watch something from the beginning of their career.

OnMyMind said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/23787/Hi%E2%98%86sCoool!_SeHa_Girls

Thank you :)
--my heart's a hieroglyph, it speaks in tongues
Apr 8, 2015 3:49 AM

Jun 2013
coromandel said:

<- Any ideas?

You have watched Natsume Yuujinchou and gave it 7. I'd say finish the other 3 sequels of it. The last one was the best or so I've heard.
Apr 8, 2015 6:50 AM

Dec 2012
coromandel said:

<- Any ideas?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/150/Blood+
Apr 8, 2015 11:41 AM

Oct 2013
Can someone recommend me something please? It can be anything that isn't more than 26 episodes.
Apr 8, 2015 4:50 PM

Feb 2011
furdlemygurdle said:
Can someone recommend me something please? It can be anything that isn't more than 26 episodes.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/16512/Devil_Survivor_2_The_Animation
Apr 8, 2015 7:12 PM

Apr 2014
furdlemygurdle said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6746/Durarara!!
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7674/Bakuman.
Apr 9, 2015 4:21 AM

Sep 2012
Much like everyone else here, I need a recommendation, if you please.

Also here's a recommendation for anyone who needs it:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/838/Narutaru:_Mukuro_Naru_Hoshi_Tama_Taru_Ko
Apr 9, 2015 6:54 AM

Jan 2009
tHe-OTAKU- said:

Also here's a recommendation for anyone who needs it:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/838/Narutaru:_Mukuro_Naru_Hoshi_Tama_Taru_Ko

Berserk
Apr 9, 2015 9:42 AM

Apr 2008
tHe-OTAKU- said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1690/Bokurano

Enjoy.
Apr 9, 2015 11:41 AM

Sep 2012
Okiura said:
Berserk

Thanks

Ahh, another Mohiro Kitoh title I see. Perfect for me, thank you.
Apr 11, 2015 4:08 PM

Jul 2012
if i've talked to you on MAL before, pls recommend a one cour i haven't seen yet or isn't on my list already
thankssss
Apr 11, 2015 4:37 PM

Jul 2014
mayukachan said:
if i've talked to you on MAL before, pls recommend a one cour i haven't seen yet or isn't on my list already
thankssss

I'd say Kekkai Sensen or Punchline.

This is just coming from my personal enjoyment though.
"Hi!"
Apr 11, 2015 4:54 PM

Feb 2011
Need a rec, preferably something that still has seeders on nyaa since I can't connect to bakabt's tracker anymore.
Apr 11, 2015 5:37 PM

Feb 2011
OneGuy said:
Watch an anime recommended to a title you scored the highest for this challenge (so far)... This is a bit confusing. Can someone explain it?

I think it's go to the page for the anime you rated the highest in your challenge and look in the recommendations part right below reviews and find an anime.
Apr 11, 2015 6:01 PM

Jan 2009
Nicholaevich said:
Need a rec, preferably something that still has seeders on nyaa since I can't connect to bakabt's tracker anymore.

Abenobashi
Apr 11, 2015 6:04 PM

Feb 2011
Okiura said:
Nicholaevich said:

Abenobashi

Perfect thank you
Apr 12, 2015 5:02 AM

Oct 2013
I need some help...

1) Can someone recommend me something good (finished) with less than 15 episodes?

» Watch an anime with children in it

2) Is it enough that they have a supporting role? Up to what age can you consider them children? 12/14/16/18?

» Watch an anime that has a verb in its title

3) Does the verb thing apply to the Japanese or the English title? I was planing to watch Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru which according to it's Wikipedia page would have a verb in it's Japanese title but does not in the English. Is this all right?

» Watch a staff member's favorite anime

4) Does this mean the favorite, ranked first in the favorite list, or does it include all 5 from the favorite list?

Thank you for your help. Really liking this challenge.
Apr 12, 2015 12:12 PM

Nov 2008
OneGuy said:
For this one, Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships, I picked Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Does this fit the category?[/spoiler]

I'd say yes.

For a 3 cour anime, can I use the first 3 seasons of Gintama?

Seasons as in the first ~36 episodes? You would need to finish it. If you mean Gintama, Gintama' and Gintama' Enchousen then yes, you would have fulfilled the requirement after finishing Gintama with 201 episodes.

Ok, so I rated Spirited Away 9/10. On that anime's info page there are recommendations such as:

Howl no Ugoku Shiro
Natsume Yuujinchou
Mushishi
Paprika
Brave Story
Kamichu!

And I pick one of those? (looks like a good list BTW)

Yes.

Yzeelb said:
I need some help...

1) Can someone recommend me something good (finished) with less than 15 episodes?

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

» Watch an anime with children in it

2) Is it enough that they have a supporting role? Up to what age can you consider them children? 12/14/16/18?

I think it's okay if they have a supporting role. No idea concerning the age limit.

» Watch an anime that has a verb in its title

3) Does the verb thing apply to the Japanese or the English title? I was planing to watch Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru which according to it's Wikipedia page would have a verb in it's Japanese title but does not in the English. Is this all right?

I think it has been stated before that this is okay. //edit: On second thought, somebody needs to confirm this as I'm not sure whether "Shuraba" counts as a verb in this context.

» Watch a staff member's favorite anime

4) Does this mean the favorite, ranked first in the favorite list, or does it include all 5 from the favorite list?

Thank you for your help. Really liking this challenge.

I've seen users who have taken anime from the bottom of a staff member's favourite list so I guess it includes all five.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What anime or anime episodes give you a nostalgic autumn feeling?

heyaheya - 15 minutes ago

3 by Serafos »»
2 minutes ago

» does anyone find it childish and cringe whenever attacks are yelled or named in shonen anime/manga? ( 1 2 )

Phantomnocomics - Jun 8

56 by enigmasauce »»
5 minutes ago

» What anime you think was carried by a single character?

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

18 by Jeevanandhnr »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » AI is now capable to create animation

DrkSeid69 - Jun 8

22 by enigmasauce »»
21 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7230 by Karimhi »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.