Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gotta love how motivated Teiou is but that fall looked nasty.

The good news is that she got back up and has a lot of support from her friends. Kind of a slow episode imo but pacing will probably pick up again soon. I really want to see Teiou being successful in her dreams.
Mar 1, 2021 8:02 AM

Apr 2010
Just when everything is going fine again she gets another injury.
Hopefully things will turn alright in the end but it seems like Teiou is giving up and i hope she doesn't.
It's nice to see all the support she is getting tho everyone is trying to help.
Mar 1, 2021 8:28 AM

Mar 2019
Life is cruel. Sometimes it's just unfair. Thrid injury already and it will be even harder to make a comeback in that status. Everyone still believes in her, she will be back one day for sure!
Mar 1, 2021 9:41 AM

Apr 2014
The third bone fracture..........
WHY WHY...... why bad things always happen with Tokai Teio. I really feel sad for her. 😢😢😢
It's hard to come back after the third injury and Teio is really struggling. Hopefully, Teio will be okay when everyone supports her and believe that she will able to come back.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 1, 2021 9:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That hits hard as shit.
Mar 1, 2021 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
Things are finally back on track with Teio and McQueen, and glad Rice Shower still gets some screentime, but time waits for no one for preparation of the next race, the Takarazuka Kinen.

ARA ARA? The BNW trio (Biwa Hayahide, Narita Taishin and Wiinning Ticket) from the OVA makes a comeback, that's nice to see them back for cameo, as is Team Canopus (with Twin Turbo), but then again they haven't really progressed much.

The re-match between Teio and McQueen...will have to wait ONCE AGAIN, but that's quite the nasty fall from the last race, for the 3rd time. The comeback this time...is hard to swallow for everyone, but it's great that people are giving her as much support as needed. Teio likes to push and believe in herself a lot, but in the face of race after race, the expectation only goes up as karma hits hard.

Wash, rinse and repeat for the same recovery, but it feels like this is nearing the end of the road for Teio. Regardless though, McQueen and Teio's rivalry will push each other further than before, and that's a substantially good effort.
Mar 1, 2021 10:32 AM

Mar 2013
I didn't sign up for that many feels when I decided to watch this season

Poor Teiou... I hope she recovers somehow
Mar 1, 2021 11:06 AM

Jan 2016
Im not crying, you are crying. Didnt expect this pain with this new season
Mar 1, 2021 11:11 AM
May 2018
Just change name of this show to
Uma Musume: PAIN and SHATTERED DREAMS
Mar 1, 2021 11:32 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Teiou... :( Why?! This is so depressing..
Mar 1, 2021 12:07 PM

Mar 2014
Teiou...the history is unalterable...
dont worry I will train Teiou to become the best uma musume in the app,
but at first please let me get her from the gacha!
Mar 1, 2021 12:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn I really feel bad for Teio, she's so unlucky wtf, she broke her leg 3 times and seems like it will be most likely impossible for her to run like before :/
Mar 1, 2021 12:31 PM
Jul 2019
Back to squre 1 for Teio, man, she should've taken easy.........

Ya know realistically if horses do suffered fracture, there were only 3 thing can happen to it, 1. Be sold to the Slaughterhouse house to be turned into dog food, 2. used for making antidote for snakebites , and 3. If lucky, live the rest of it's life in some preservation.
Mar 1, 2021 12:49 PM

Sep 2019
Why does this always happen to Teio... I feel really bad for her. I doubt she'll recover from this one and that hurts me a lot. Teio's crying scene was so sad.
Mar 1, 2021 2:15 PM

Jul 2011
Maybe I should just drop this season even going so far. Is just loses by horse girls I cheer, endless rehabs.
Last few episode is just "Hey kiddo, here you package of depression".
I could look for what happened to rl Teio.
What will happen at the end, Teio losing her legs?
Teio nickname will be "Punished Teio" and have an eyepatch at the end of the season.
Mar 1, 2021 2:16 PM

Apr 2015
Name one iconic duo: Teio and Injuries... This is like what, the third fracture.. I feel sorry for her though. She pushed herself too much once more. Honestly have my doubts if she will ever fully recover from this. This was a sad episode.
Mar 1, 2021 2:17 PM

Jun 2016
Poor Teio... she was the most cheerful character in the series but this season is the chronicle of her fall, a tragedy... :'(
Mar 1, 2021 2:17 PM

Jul 2015
I'm just wondering how this barber lady still has her job.

Mar 1, 2021 5:58 PM

Jan 2020
Damn :(

This was a really depressing episode but It's a 5/5 in my books. I feel so bad for Teio and I really wish she can get back somehow and race Mcqueen. Perfect episode

Mar 1, 2021 10:15 PM

Feb 2016
While the first season is really fun and a blast to watch, this one is way more serious and sad, II don't know what they did to the writers but they really stepped up this time! Great story!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Mar 2, 2021 12:11 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Come on, give Tokai a break! xd

When everything went through such a fine way before entering the race, there was always a burden arrived to kick out such a good girl. Poor Tokai. The episode was truly frustating. I can't believed my horse girl got so much suffering like that, third times in a row. I don't even have any words to pull all the suffering out.

What's happening at the future i don't even have any clues. I hope it still get some more happiness. Or else, man, i can't even say anymore....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 2, 2021 2:06 AM

Aug 2013
BlichoBoy said:
Maybe I should just drop this season even going so far. Is just loses by horse girls I cheer, endless rehabs.
Teio nickname will be "Punished Teio" and have an eyepatch at the end of the season.

do you know this is based on real life story right?
like real life horse..
this thing happen
it's not like the anime director make up the story this way
Mar 2, 2021 2:49 AM

Aug 2019
that last scene with Teio coming to terms with the fact she’ll never be able to run like that ever again really hit me hard, I’m really curious what the rest of the season is going to be since I doubt even plot armor can save Teio at this point
Mar 2, 2021 3:14 AM

Jan 2015
Again hah
I miss s1 is fun

Mar 2, 2021 3:20 AM

Feb 2014
Being Teio is the definition of suffering right now. =(

Things were looking up for Teio's return and how she was looking forward to racing McQueen once more (also, it's nice to see the BNW trio get some screentime, too), but during the practise run, Teio fractured her leg for the third time.

Although she stayed as optimistic as possible about making a recovery, there's a chance that she might never return to her full potential ever again. You can see in each scene later on in the episode where this thought, along with fans that "used" to support her starts to get to her mentally.

The final hit came when she saw McQueen training on her own and Teio was given the stopwatch to time McQueen's practise runs. Just seeing her run was enough for Teio to break down crying, while muttering sorry to McQueen. Seriously, this scene was sad to watch, seeing someone so upbeat and happy like Teio to suffer multiple injuries and being reduced to a tearful mess.

It's a good thing I haven't done any research on the real life versions here, otherwise that could make me more depressed. I can only hope that Teio can defy the odds and make a comeback. Even in a season as packed as this one, an episode where Teio defeats all odds AND win would be an epic episode. Please let that happen!!!
Mar 2, 2021 3:45 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
And when you think Silence Suzuka's injury was bad, you have Teio with her third fracture, you just have to feel bad for her she's just doing her best.
Mar 2, 2021 5:33 AM

Oct 2020
This season have not been kind to Teio. Also what's with the dad saying "We used to cheer for you". What a thing to say especially in front on her. That last scene is something else, when reality finally hits you.

Mar 2, 2021 6:45 AM

Jul 2011
Vanschia said:
BlichoBoy said:

do you know this is based on real life story right?
like real life horse..
this thing happen
it's not like the anime director make up the story this way

Silence Suzuka finished 1st season alive. But irl she was put down after the injury. so it could be more positive somethings.
Mar 2, 2021 9:27 PM

Dec 2019
Holy crap i'm crying... Poor Teiou ;~;
Mar 2, 2021 9:32 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
They really gotta do my girl Teio like that, I feel so bad for her, I’m sure it’s not the end for her but still a big shame. Also Palmer getting stung on the nose toward the beginning, that’s gotta hurt lol.
Mar 2, 2021 11:36 PM
Sep 2019
I hope this get genuinely better for Teoi. What a sad Episode.
Mar 3, 2021 3:18 AM

Sep 2016

this has to be a haachama reference, right?

anyway man this episode fucked me up, the show really doesn't go easy on it's main heroine but I trust the show to turn it into a triumphant finale later on.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Mar 3, 2021 8:47 AM

Oct 2017
Wtf man, what did Teio do to deserve this. This sux, watching Teio atm is frustrating. That last scene broke my heart.
Mar 3, 2021 9:08 AM

Jun 2016
damnn.. teio please dont be sad , how dare you make teio crying like that !!
Mar 3, 2021 9:51 PM

Jan 2011
damn did not sign up for a season of teio suffering

this has to be the end i dont see her recovering from this.

in brighter news at least the game seems to be doing well
Mar 4, 2021 6:28 PM

Mar 2015
Who is the assh*le who is writing this season? Did he/she learn with Ryukishi07 and Tappei? They only make disgrace in the lives of their characters.

Poor Teio, she didn't need suffer this much, give she a rest please.

Good luck Teio I'm always root for you.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 4, 2021 7:45 PM

Oct 2008
God damn! this is so sad!
the moment Tokai Teio burst to tears was very depressing i almost teared-up!!!
5/5.

Mar 5, 2021 11:02 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
You know, I remember when Teiou broke her leg for the first time. I immediately thought; Eh, aren't horses supposed to be put down if they break their leg? Now this is the third time, so, third times the charm?
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Mar 5, 2021 8:53 PM

Nov 2009
So... what's up with Teio constantly getting leg injures? is she cursed?

Looks like Teio won't get to race seriously until maybe the last episode? (or never and she'll just be a Mascot)

I think we should change this season's anime title to "Uma Musume: Teio's Suffering"

___ ___ ___

And yea... IRL, race horses are to be killed if they can't be used to race anymore. (as it would be a waste of resources). Exception is if the horse can still be used to breed. (except this isn't Hentai and there won't be forced breeding on Teio, but I am sure there will be Hentai for it anyways...)
amlgMar 5, 2021 9:08 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 7, 2021 1:01 AM
Jun 2020
acho q tão forçando a barra pra ficar mt dramático, pq poxa man, TERCEIRA VEZ Q DÁ MERDA COM ELA
Mar 8, 2021 5:31 PM

Nov 2012
aww Well, the real Tokai Teio overcame many injuries so maybe the anime version will as well.
Mar 10, 2021 4:28 AM

Mar 2009
This season of Uma-Musume: hello darkness, my old friend.

It's like Urobuchi wrote this season, but then you just remember it's all based on real life racehorses.

Brutal and depressing, nonetheless.
Mar 23, 2021 10:15 AM
Jun 2012
Another injury? Again? Is this anime only consists of injuries and recoveries? It's getting too repetitive.
Apr 6, 2021 7:15 PM

Feb 2014
Third time drama due to injury. Oh God. They don´t have any more ideas, I see.

Please, give season 1 back.
Apr 26, 2021 7:31 PM

May 2010
Just looked it up, and the real horse Tokai Teio did indeed get 3 separate fractures. Like some of the other commenters, I also thought horses got put down after fractures, but I guess that's not always true? It's funny that this seems so over-dramatic and repetitive that it'd be bad writing, except it really happened. Who knew God was such a lousy writer?
“Money can't buy dere”
May 29, 2021 6:48 AM
Sep 2020
Vi- said:
Third time drama due to injury. Oh God. They don´t have any more ideas, I see.

Please, give season 1 back.

Whenever I see you comment here, it's just bashing the anime. Why have you even been keeping up with the show up until now? Also you do know that this show is based on real history? All this stuff happened to these horses. "They don't have any more ideas", it's not ideas, it's adapting historic evidence.
Jun 1, 2021 3:13 PM

Jul 2015
Just when everybody thought she fully recovered and would make a comeback soon...poor Teio. Incredible sad to see Teio realize things will never be the same again and that her career basically came to an abrupt end without having achieved the big goals she set for herself.

Jul 2, 2021 9:00 AM

Jan 2017
Life is truly unfair, don't you think? Will this truly be the end for Teio, I mean even the doctor said it'll happen again if she continue racing
Jan 2, 2022 6:34 AM

Sep 2018
A bolt from the blue and the narrative changes totally in emotional impact and atmosphere, from being so funny and joyful to serious and also very dramatic. The vision of the episode after the very first part becomes heartbreaking not for boredom but for the vicissitudes of Teio's character and in the final minutes, if you have the skills, you can also empathize with her and understand what it feels like to stay in her situation, what a sadness! Great episode, well directed and done, which leaves no characters behind. Can't wait to watch the next episode.
Feb 12, 2022 11:21 AM

Apr 2014
man it sucks how extremely unlucky she is

like it hurts how unlucky she is but she was warned when she was young that luck is a huge part of it also but sadly luck just really aint on her side

great ep but at the same time it just sucks
"one step at a time"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2021

44 by Shocked »»
May 21, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2021

49 by RusiansBF »»
May 15, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 11, 2021

49 by Kira_yoshikage04 »»
Mar 24, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2021

59 by itsmepee »»
Mar 12, 11:03 AM

» The hairdresser is underappreciated

Allsaints112 - Feb 2

3 by AntiSadboi »»
Feb 2, 10:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.