Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2018 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, it seems that Yui and Takashi are getting along quite well. Akira's girly side is very cute to watch still especially when she's alone. Thought it was kinda neat to focus some time on Haruka too.

It also feels like Akira is more conscious about her self appearance now especially when around the manager. Pacing works well for this show so far to develop more of their relationship.

It kinda feels like Akira and Kondou are now both more conscious of each oher. Akira looked great in her kimono!
Mar 1, 2018 9:34 AM

Apr 2016
So ... they are friends, this was actually funny xD

Glad to see Akira and Haruka together to go to the festival.

Also i agree, with the manga ending i would also like a sequel to this story.
Mar 1, 2018 9:36 AM

Jan 2012
Love is in the air, and for once I don't meant Akira and Kondo! Nice haircut, but I liked the bangs! XD Anyway friendship becoming love huh? Well that IS the goal I suppose. Akira acting all gleeful getting Kondo's text info was too cute. Meanwhile a Rashomon discussion. I've seen the Kurosawa film, albeit roughly 8 years ago, but never read the story. Apparently they were only loosely related anyway. Guess Kondo ain't too old for pimples afterall. But will he and Akira find courage in the same vein as the servant ? And will it payoff positively for them as is the hope? Either way summer festival time! God Akira looked gorgeous.
animefan8800Mar 1, 2018 9:41 AM
Mar 1, 2018 9:40 AM

Nov 2014
Another romance appears to be blooming. Nishida and Yoshizawa would be a good fit.

It's still a little awkward for me seeing Tachibana and Kondou together, and Kondou increasingly blushing back at her. However, if they did hit it off (still doubt this anime would have the guts to go that far, but who knows), and it was completely mutual, who am I to judge?

How great is Kondou's voice actor, though? He had such a deep, clear voice when he was reciting Rashomon.

And yay on Tachibana and Kyan finally getting to spend more time together! Tachibana finally took the opening that Kyan gave her a couple episodes back.

5/5
Mar 1, 2018 9:41 AM

Apr 2016
I wonder why they put part of chapter 55 when this episode finished on chapter 29... It fits well though. I hope they really don't rush this to the ending.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Mar 1, 2018 9:57 AM

Feb 2017
Why are they animating chapters like this? I'm not sure if I like it, I wanted to see Akira visiting her family... Oh well. I hope rumors about 2nd course are going to be true.
A pretty deep episode. And they even put this chapter's cover sentence in there! That's good.
Next week we're going to see festival a.k.a why I think Haruka is annoying. Can't wait.
Mar 1, 2018 10:31 AM

Jun 2015
Nishida and Yoshizawa would make such a great couple. I ship them. Kondou reciting Rashomon was wonderful. It's great to see Tachibana and Kyan spending more time together. They look lovely in their kimonos.
Mar 1, 2018 10:34 AM
Sep 2015
The Rashomon (movie) is not based on Rashomon (novel)
Mar 1, 2018 10:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Why are we spending so much time on Kyan. Is she relevant to the central part of the story or just a little added spiced up character to have someone add a dramatic bit to the proceedings?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 1, 2018 11:09 AM

Nov 2016
Tachibana and Kondou are FRIENDS!!!

Really good episode again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 1, 2018 12:59 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

I found it funny how Kondo kept saying that he and Akira were friends.
Pretty crafty of Akira to use that to get Kondo's phone number. XD
The scene where she input his number into her phone by the bridge was great.

Nishida and Yoshizawa would make a nice couple.

I wish I had more context on the topic of Rashomon, I haven't read it but I really wish I was able to understand that conversation on a deeper level.

Sweet ending with Akira and Haruka going to the festival together. :)
Mar 1, 2018 1:24 PM

Nov 2007
I was once told by my sister that pimples move from one place to another if they are not treated carefully but I never knew they moved that fast! If you pay attention to the position of the pimples first on Akira then on Kondo, you'll know what I meant, haha.

Major_Gilbert said:
I wonder why they put part of chapter 55 when this episode finished on chapter 29... It fits well though. I hope they really don't rush this to the ending.

Which part would be that? The question and answer part where Kondo described the story? Or the Haruka with that senpai part? I cannot seem to recall having read those parts. I haven't read beyond chapter 32 I think and it's been almost a year now since I read the last chapter ever since they announced an anime adaptation so I am kind of curious.

It looks like anything beyond episode 9 will be new stuff for me. So, I am getting like two episodes worth of new content! :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 1, 2018 1:37 PM

Nov 2014
Hoah, Kondo-san intended to take a safe path by friend-zoning her, but Akira just took it as a thread to get closer. Clever.

Nice, hanamatsuri just ended with re-fix the bond between her and Haruka.
Mar 1, 2018 1:54 PM

Nov 2007
chiyo-german said:
Nice, hanamatsuri just ended with re-fix the bond between her and Haruka.

They went to a summer festival (natsumatsuri) actually which takes place usually in August but in some places around late June or early July which is the current time in the anime. Hanamatsuri takes place in April (Spring time in Japan).
Coronavirus.
Mar 1, 2018 2:20 PM
Mar 2015
shit, it went so fast and good ;w;
Mar 1, 2018 2:51 PM
Mar 2015
A really great episode. She provides some tips on friendzone. She finds the courage to ask for his contacts and reunite with her friend at the summer festival. Glad her friend is looking for a way to understand what she is going through
Mar 1, 2018 4:15 PM

Dec 2015
I pray for an anime original ending for this.

Or a second season.

Please. It really deserves it.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Mar 1, 2018 4:16 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty good episode this week. I am not sure if 4 episodes are enough to go from friends to lovers so I am guessing this will probably have a second season down the line.

Glad to see Akira still pushing with full force lol.
Mar 1, 2018 4:23 PM

Apr 2016
All this sequel stuff and courage to go in the illegality (break barriers for your own good) ... am I reading too much into this or what ?

That's quite the teasing.

Farabeuf said:
Why are we spending so much time on Kyan. Is she relevant to the central part of the story or just a little added spiced up character to have someone add a dramatic bit to the proceedings?

This part is very relevant for Tachibana.
Yamamoto just explained to kyan and to us viewer why maybe Tachibana didn't start to run again and also why maybe she might end up running again despite this.

That's also as important as to the possibility of Kondou trying to move out of the useless loser zone (useless loser from his own point of view).
Mar 1, 2018 6:12 PM

Oct 2013
Yui was such an adorable doll this ep.
The discussion of Rashomon between Kondo and Tachibana had profound implications. I liked her answer on the homework and sensei's reaction.

Tachibana looks stunning in her yukata.

When the ending credits and ed start to play, I can't help but feel a little disappointed that it's over.
Mar 1, 2018 6:16 PM

Oct 2013
phantomfandom said:

You're right. I remember that Kurosawa just borrowed the title for the movie, but based the film on another Akutagawa story called "In a Grove."
Mar 1, 2018 6:32 PM

Oct 2015
Friends, sequel and kimono.

Mar 1, 2018 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
redtailrav said:
phantomfandom said:

You're right. I remember that Kurosawa just borrowed the title for the movie, but based the film on another Akutagawa story called "In a Grove."
I was confused as well had to double check was excited when i saw them mention Rashomon but realized it's not the same as the Kurosawa film

good episode anime characters still look funny when they have pimples it just stands out so much lol
Mar 1, 2018 8:26 PM

Apr 2012
A good episode. It seems that we got two new ship (three, if you take into account Haruka's sexuality theory) and the ending looks like they want to make an anime a complete end to the story. Well, they have a month left until the end of the season, I can not wait to find out.

Major_Gilbert said:

Apparently they decided to make a compressed adaptation. For example, the scene with Yoshizawa's hair was cut out of "his" 15th chapter. But it looks like a good solution, since manga will soon end and they are unlikely to get a sequel even with financial success.

Farabeuf said:

Because Haruka allows author to expand Akira's personality and tell about other themes besides romance. Although some still believe that her feelings for MC are more deeper than just friendship.
Mar 1, 2018 8:48 PM

Feb 2016
I'd really like a second season as it seems people is worrying about how this anime will end. Lets hope Wit do it fine and straight to a new season (I just hope we don't have to wait 4 years for that lol)

Seems like Akira doens't want to stop with being "friends" and wants more, I like that
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 1, 2018 10:20 PM

Dec 2016
lol at kondo's email adress
Mar 1, 2018 10:41 PM

Apr 2016
shanimebib said:
I was once told by my sister that pimples move from one place to another if they are not treated carefully but I never knew they moved that fast! If you pay attention to the position of the pimples first on Akira then on Kondo, you'll know what I meant, haha.

Major_Gilbert said:

Which part would be that? The question and answer part where Kondo described the story? Or the Haruka with that senpai part? I cannot seem to recall having read those parts. I haven't read beyond chapter 32 I think and it's been almost a year now since I read the last chapter ever since they announced an anime adaptation so I am kind of curious.

It looks like anything beyond episode 9 will be new stuff for me. So, I am getting like two episodes worth of new content! :D

The part with Haruka and the senpai talking.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Mar 1, 2018 11:38 PM

Feb 2011
Major_Gilbert said:
shanimebib said:

Wow, they managed to jump ahead in short time, in ch 55 unless and we left in ch 29 from the manga i believe, let's hope the director in charge of the anime will consider adapting of the rest of the story: especially now we know the manga it's going to end in two more chapters , the chapters between ch 55 ( which are ch 54 and 56 are chapters i'm so DYING to see it animated, let's also hope based we saw in this episode is a sign that the director will adapt a second season of this series so we'll get to see the entire story being animated : NOW THAT WILL BE AWESOME, IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE IF IT HAPPENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XD

Overall another great episode, so nice to see Kondo being more open towards Tachibana, he thinks by saying about them being friends more often will make Tachibana seeing their hug they had was nothing more then friends and making himself feel more comfortable being around her, which will make it more obvious that it wasn't a friend "hug", it's much more then that, : it's so funny seeing Kondo over doing the friendzone decision towards Tachibana which will make her approach him more often then before, even getting to know one another more smoothly. NICE ONE, KONDO!!!!!!! XD
sweetangieMar 1, 2018 11:43 PM
Mar 2, 2018 1:57 AM

Jul 2014
I don't think this episode quite had the execution or subtlety of previous episodes, but this was still a solid episode regardless and had plenty of interesting moments to consider going forward, particularly the talk about Rashomon near the end of the episode, and how that reflects on both of our main characters as they are now and as they could change going forward in the narrative.
Mar 2, 2018 3:22 AM

Jul 2015
this was a such a great episode... at first i was annoyed by Kondo "i am too old for u" and crap.. but now i understand him for some reason..
the story telling is extremely well in this series..
and lmao.. is Haruka a lesbian? well.. in the last few seasons. most of the sports/atheletics anime are mostly of gays/lesbians... (not offensing anyone..)
and that Yukata!
Mar 2, 2018 4:00 AM

Mar 2014
As always - great episode. Akira in her yukata was lovely.
Mar 2, 2018 4:49 AM

Dec 2015
Woow. Okay. This is my favourite episode to date, I'm so happy they finally adapted the haircut chapter. Storytelling wise, it isn't the best ep however the animation quality was through the roof in this one!
~
Mar 2, 2018 5:54 AM

Nov 2007
Major_Gilbert said:
shanimebib said:

Which part would be that? The question and answer part where Kondo described the story? Or the Haruka with that senpai part? I cannot seem to recall having read those parts.

I see. Thanks. I am not sure if they plan to use that part just to introduce that senpai character or add more in the remaining 3 episodes. It actually works alright with what's gonna happen next between Haruka and Akira, if they follow the source. But then again, with just 3 episodes left, I would rather see more Akira and Kondo moments.

sweetangie said:

Wow, they managed to jump ahead in short time, in ch 55 unless and we left in ch 29 from the manga i believe, let's hope the director in charge of the anime will consider adapting of the rest of the story: especially now we know the manga it's going to end in two more chapters , the chapters between ch 55 ( which are ch 54 and 56 are chapters i'm so DYING to see it animated, let's also hope based we saw in this episode is a sign that the director will adapt a second season of this series so we'll get to see the entire story being animated : NOW THAT WILL BE AWESOME, IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE IF IT HAPPENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XD

Overall another great episode, so nice to see Kondo being more open towards Tachibana, he thinks by saying about them being friends more often will make Tachibana seeing their hug they had was nothing more then friends and making himself feel more comfortable being around her, which will make it more obvious that it wasn't a friend "hug", it's much more then that, : it's so funny seeing Kondo over doing the friendzone decision towards Tachibana which will make her approach him more often then before, even getting to know one another more smoothly. NICE ONE, KONDO!!!!!!! XD

More like Akira is too optimistic about the whole thing which it makes so sweet. I mean she is reminded that she is nothing more than a friend, basically friendzoned time and again yet she is seeking for a way to make it a positive thing. For a starter, she can start sending mails. <3

As for the anime adaptation, usually going ahead and using a chapter that far ahead doesn't bode well with the prospect of sequels which is why I am almost damned with the gut feeling that neither Shirayuki-hime nor Yona will ever get sequels. Unfortunately KoiAme may take the same recipe.

Hibikase said:
I pray for an anime original ending for this.

Or a second season.

Please. It really deserves it.

The anime has quite good reviews in Japan so it's doing pretty well. The adaptation helped the manga gain more popularity. But I am not sure how it would do in disc sales though. Yet to get an indication that the anime will be successful from WIT's point of view even though they poured their heart and soul to make this anime. You can tell from the making.

As far as an anime original ending is concerned, if I am not mistaken WIT has never done anime original endings so it will be a new thing for them. Besides, since the manga is coming to an end, there is almost no chance that a sequel will be made unless it is announced immediately after this season as a split cour. So, fingers crossed.
Coronavirus.
Mar 2, 2018 2:39 PM

May 2016
Great episode and some nice background we had in today.
Mar 2, 2018 3:44 PM

Mar 2014
I DON'T WANT THIS SHOW TO END
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 2, 2018 9:38 PM

Feb 2016
What the fuck the pimples for
Mar 3, 2018 2:06 AM

Sep 2016

koi wa was awesome this week more relationships in the air was refreshing to see as well as tachibana inviting kyan san to the festival. Also the metaphorical ref from the story was great, will these 2 end up taking off into le rain letting their true passion explode? only time shall tell
Facta Non Verba
Mar 3, 2018 9:26 AM
Oct 2016
redtailrav said:
phantomfandom said:

I didn't know that. Good to see some people who know Kurosawa.

The epi is ok. Now i kinda want to read Rashomon.
Mar 3, 2018 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
That one shot of Tachibana in long hair talking to Kondo was absolutely stunning.

While I love the art, I wish the story would be a little bit better. As is now, it's extremely slow n I got no idea where the author is aiming to take the ship of those two
Mar 3, 2018 11:47 AM
Mar 2016
Akira and Haruka going to the festival together???? Lesbian
Mar 3, 2018 6:18 PM

Jan 2018
360AttAck said:
What the fuck the pimples for

I think it is related to youth and Rashomon. I guess.

What a great episode. I don't have much to discuss and boy I got delayed by a day for watching this episode. Cannot wait for that summer festival.
Mar 3, 2018 9:49 PM

Oct 2016
Wow, those 23 minutes pass as if they were 5 minutes. Great episode.
Mar 4, 2018 12:01 AM

Dec 2016
Wow a non-gag anime character with acne!!?? What a world, what, a, world
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 4, 2018 10:51 AM

Apr 2014
Thought that thiis anime, which started as a typical teenie rom-com, would be a typical fail of its own genre. But in reality, it is really catching me. The plot and the beautiful music are so beautiful and deep.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Mar 5, 2018 12:49 AM
Jun 2017
BEAUTIFUL!!! i love how the episode run for today, as it deals with what MANY has believed with nowadays, FRIENDSHIP CAN TURN INTO ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP...

*in the beginning of episode, Mr Kondo is saying to Ms. tachibana (Akira) we are friends... hahahaha... even at work he is helping her since she is his friend!!! (and as a manager!!!)

*Yui and Takashi also has been presented here which is nice....

Mar 5, 2018 2:26 AM
Jul 2013
This ep intro got me thinking it's gonna be a filler ep, glad to be proven wrong.
Kinda surprised it took Mr Nice Senpai to make Haruka think about Akira's mindset after her injury. Anyway, looking forward to Kondo meeting them together at the festival.
Mar 5, 2018 4:20 AM

Jul 2010
Kondo is living timidly, that's for sure. Which is why he can't make any leaps in getting closer to Akira. I like this show because I relate better to Kondo being old and just looking back on his life that feels wasted. Many middle-aged people do actually feel that way. It's just hard to consider getting involved with someone 30 years younger than you who hasn't experienced life yet. Getting involved with a middle-aged person when you're not even 20 is typically not a good life decision. Not to mention, Kondo is a few years from being a half century old!

I really believe Akira just wants a dad and has decided on a subconscious level that Kondo is her Tou-san. Where is her real dad, anyway? I highly doubt she'd want this romance if her real father were still in her life in any meaningful way. How has Kondo not even wondered about her father? I actually kind of like the idea of them ending up as surrogate father and daughter because it's cute and probably would hit the spot better than romance would for these two. If a romance can end up seeming like it makes sense, in the end, I would support that, too.
Mar 5, 2018 9:26 AM

Aug 2015
I reckon Nishida and Yoshizawa would be a perfect fit. They're both so bubbly and happy. I can't put it into words but there's a lot going on in this series. Reading you guys' posts help me open up to a different view I hadn't thought of before.
Mar 5, 2018 8:32 PM

Feb 2012
This is one of the best uses of a literary allusion I've seen in anime, at least from a Western perspective. After the Rain recognized that not everyone watching this anime will be completely familiar with the story, so it provided enough information for the audience to understand the larger implications. The anime avoids going too far and explaining to much, and trusting the audience to make the connection with the pimple on Kondo's face at the end. The entire sequence also developed Kondo by showing that he is legitimately smart on literature.
Mar 7, 2018 6:06 AM

Oct 2008
Good episode again!
Akira suddenly got pimples! which is unavoidable!
oh! so Yui Nishida is the one who likes Yoshizawa huh...
so this is gonna be a love polygon: Yui > Yoshizawa > Akira > Tenchou > books lolz
So Haruka will be paired to Yamamoto-sempai...
Akutagawa's Rashomon? I feel like i've heard that name before...maybe from (Bungo Stray Dogs)?
Oh how cute, the part where Tenchou saw the scribbles of Akira on her notes! and both are embarrassed!
And the pimple transferred to Tenchou (again) this situation already happened huh?
Akira & Haruka both looked beautiful in their Yukata!
5/5.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

215 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

63 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

62 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

84 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

135 by bakakisima »»
Mar 30, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.