Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 21, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That MIB bachelor guy is not a bad guy, instead he is also a fan yosakoi :D. Hana is still determined to get more club members and Naru still needs a bit training and master it :D.

I think Hana and Yaya, are becoming friends now. Just like how they interact in the 2nd half. Yaya being tsundere to Hana was cute :D.

Edit: Ah Yaya forgot about Naru for the movies and got mad at her XD. The student council is being too much on Hana and Naru.
omega_d94Jul 21, 2014 12:48 PM

Jul 21, 2014 10:00 AM

Nov 2011

^ This guy is awesome.

Hana was pretty funny to watch with her ideas again. I like how she was dressed this episode in that yukata. It's like one of those classic Yamato Nadeshiko moments. I thought that trip to the manga store was pretty damn amusing.
Jul 21, 2014 11:28 AM

Mar 2014
Slowly getting better,
Bitchy student council president is bitchy,
cant wait to hear the reason for the roof top ban.
Yosakoi shop owner still best character.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 21, 2014 11:30 AM

Jun 2013
That Yosakoi store manager is pretty cool, they also learned how to hold the naruko the correct way. The student council presidents has made it so they cant use the roof to practice any more. Hana is just too damn cute. I'm really enjoying the series so far.
Jul 21, 2014 11:30 AM

Mar 2008
ah, Blonde in Kimono like in KinMoza.
I wonder when Yaya will join the almost-yosakoi-club.
Also student council president is way too mean.

"Time is liquid. One moment is no more important than any other and all moments quickly run away."
Jul 21, 2014 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
Japanese Gangster turned out to be the manager of the shop lol XD Love the guy hahaha

"Aniki" "Hana-cchi" XD

Love how optimistic and positive Hana is. It does get annoying sometimes but my view on her is exactly like Yaya's. It's just that she's good at hitting a persons good spots and raising their flags XD

Totally didn't expect Hana to hang out with Yaya. It was nice bonding. And seeing Yaya blush is kawaii :3 And Hana's smiles are adorable <3 But poor Naru. Getting forgotten and being jealous of Hana and Yaya getting along XD

Sally-chan sensei was lol

Also I agree with Hana's question about why there are english in japanese songs XD

What a bitchy president -.- Well I guess the main 5 have been introduced.
Jul 21, 2014 11:51 AM

May 2013
Poor Naru getting stood up lol. Yaya and Hana are getting along better now. Now the student council president is banning their activities on the rooftop.
Jul 21, 2014 12:00 PM

Apr 2012
That James Bond opening made me laugh.
Jul 21, 2014 12:05 PM

Dec 2010
More of a comedy episode, with some serious moments mixed in, as well as more Yosakoi info! I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, like I've been enjoying the entire series! As of now I don't like Machi though...Why are the glasses girl characters almost always the same archetypes?

I think Hana's outlook on life is quite commendable, and we could all learn from our American loli.

The James Bond opening was comical, and Hana is adorable, if not even more so dressed in boy clothing!

Masaru is a pretty cool guy, I hope he comes into play more throughout the series!
Jul 21, 2014 12:06 PM

May 2014
Hana, please, shut up for once, you're making my ears bleed!

EDIT: Yaya, you're promising to keep her in check? Please DO.

An OK, episode the beginning was fun, but the rest is just filled with Hana being a loud obnoxious annoyance and less of everything else. Yaya needs to team up with Naru and extract some of the enthusiasm from Hana and knock some damn sense into her.

And no Hana, we don't only do stuff that is fun, in fact the opposite is always encouraged, Yaya understands that, but at the same time she sees you to be an endearing child.

3/5 - OK, less Hana, more of everyone else and a bit more character struggle and exploration pls, just comedy for the entire episode is a bit much.
T3hSourceJul 21, 2014 12:25 PM
Jul 21, 2014 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
So they did return to the Yosakoi shop with the gangster looking guy.

I guess that Hana's having a Harem.
Jul 21, 2014 12:31 PM

Feb 2008
Hana so damn cute, James Bond paroid.
Yeah I kind of laugh between Aniki and Hana-chii

Yaya will become third member of Yosakoi.
I don't know why this Machi student president is so against Yosakoi.

Ha Na Ya Ma Ta.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 21, 2014 12:40 PM
Oct 2010
Not one of "those" school council presidents again, ugh. Feels like I've seen that archetype once too many times.

Stark700 said:

^ This guy is awesome.
That guy is great indeed.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 21, 2014 1:03 PM

Jan 2012
Second half needed more Naru even if her absence was really the point to allow Hana and Yaya to get closer. Regardless, still immensely enjoyable.
Jul 21, 2014 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
A Japanese Gangster Masaru turned out to manager of the shop, he is one nice guy after all.

I don't really like that Student Council Preisdent.
Jul 21, 2014 1:14 PM

Apr 2010
The start of this episode was hilarious the James Bond theme was so funny.
And unsurprisingly the owner of the shop was actually a nice guy who seems to care about Yasakoi a lot.
It was also nice to see him encourage the girls into practising Yasakoi.

The student council president is a bit to untied with her rules.
And the question is where will the girl practice now.
Jul 21, 2014 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
lol, I knew the Yosakoi shop person couldn't be so bad. :P

THE ENGRISH THOUGH LMAO
Jul 21, 2014 2:03 PM

Feb 2014
Jul 21, 2014 2:19 PM
Feb 2014
Wah... I'm starting to really like this series!

The James Bond theme at the beginnig was funny. It's nice to see Yaya and Hana bond more,

Two things tho. One, Hana is a bit too clingy. She keeps barging in on other's people's business... irl, I'd honestly think it'd b rude to assume u could join other people's plans the way she did with Yaya and Naru's outing

Two: yeah, that student council president is a b!tch -_-...

Other than that, really lovin the series. Comedic moments are getting better. Also, now I've gotten used to the character designs, I'm findin the character more and more cute XD
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 21, 2014 2:31 PM
Nov 2013
Wasn't expecting the gangster to be the yosakoi shop manager. He's fucking great
I liked the scene with Sally-Sensei, that engrish!
Is it me or is every student council president usually a mega bitch? (I think the only president I've ever liked from an anime is Shino from SYD)
Jul 21, 2014 2:49 PM

Nov 2012
You guys should look for some videos of Yosakoi performance. They are really interesting to watch. This one here is pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiS5mSpeKGI
Jul 21, 2014 3:17 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
So, I really don't get this. You need X number of people to register a club. But you're not allowed to recruit anybody if you're not a club.
We see this all the time in anime. How do any clubs get formed? Or are all the clubs that exist those that have existed since the beginning of time?
Jul 21, 2014 3:31 PM

Nov 2012
The new characters (specially shop manager and English teacher) felt too awkward, and Hana is getting way too annoying.
This anime is getting disappointing.
Jul 21, 2014 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
LOL James Bond theme to start off the episode.
HAHA the manager is awesome.
"Aniki!" "Hana-cchi!"

Hana and Yaya hanging out.. and Naru being stood up XD

Bleh student council president interfering twice..
Jul 21, 2014 4:22 PM

Dec 2012
The Shop Manager was not that scary after all. Seems like a great guy.

Yaya getting to know Hana more. Naru getting mad xD

Student Council President was scary tho. Wish things would settle down next ep.
Jul 21, 2014 5:02 PM

Apr 2014
Generic student council member who doesn't want them to have their club and is an ass about it, and will likely later on join (given the OP) their group because she truly always wanted to do Yasokoi.

I mean, all the characters are pretty generic, but whatever, I'll keep watching because I'm a sucker for in-sync animation (Whenever they decide to dance).
Nop.
Jul 21, 2014 5:16 PM

Oct 2013
Hana's unabashed enthusiasm for yosakoi and her bluntness wins over Masaru. It was cute when Masaru explained the costumes of the dancers and Hana's face lit up with excitement while Naru looked ready to give up.

The second half where Hana and Yaya bonded over lunch was pretty funny. Hana and her tendency to say whatever is on her mind wearing away Yaya's hostility.
Jul 21, 2014 5:17 PM

Apr 2013
Poor Naru. Yaya and Hana forgot to meet up with her. The student council president is really strict, but Tami seems like a nice girl.
Jul 21, 2014 5:46 PM

Mar 2014
that a good episode, they finnally entered to the yosakoi shop, Yaya meet closer
to Hanna (but leaving Naru alone and mad xD), also the teacher is funny, reminds
me the teacher of Free (but different personality). The president is mad, no know
how she gonna join to the club.

SanaeSnake said:
You guys should look for some videos of Yosakoi performance. They are really interesting to watch. This one here is pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiS5mSpeKGI

indeed, it is a very good one.
Jul 21, 2014 6:49 PM

Feb 2012
This has gotten a lot better since the first ep. Love the 3 main chars so far and I'm sure I'll like the last 2 from the ending of this ep once they join the group.

Also the OP is really nice and catchy. Just overall a fun show.
Jul 21, 2014 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
making some progress here Yaya at least doesn't hate hanna as much (new flag raised?:P)

and big bro manager-san is a pretty cool dude unlike the student council president *sigh* why do they always gotta be bitches.

still fairly knew to this whole Yosakoi thing i only remember seeing some of it in Golden Time because the outfits were the same as banri's clubs that were shown.
Jul 21, 2014 7:55 PM

Aug 2013
Yaya's reaction to Naru's text was like a girl going on a date with her boyfriend XD

Glad to see Hana and Yaya getting along. Hana's like a cute little animal. I don't find her annoying at all, instead I can't help but feel cheered up when she appears :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 21, 2014 8:40 PM

Jun 2012
EphidelAMV said:
Hana really reminds me of Karen from Kiniro Mosaic xD
Just finished Kiniro, and thought the exact same.

I already can't stand that council president, what a bitch.
Jul 21, 2014 8:46 PM

Aug 2013
Another cute episode as always.

That bald shop manager was absolutely hilarious. Him and Hana are perfect together.

That student prez...what a bitch. Not only a bitch but a power hungry bitch
"oh this rooftop is unauthorized for use unless approved by the student council" oh really? then what the fuck are you doing up there? I'm pretty sure being up there to scold 2 girls isn't a valid reason for student council approval.
...and to think that we're eventually going to have to have this girl on screen a lot more. Kill me now.
Jul 21, 2014 9:24 PM

Dec 2008
Pretty good episode. Hana is so cute.
The show needs more Hana.
Really don't like the stupid glasses girl, nor do I like that other girl.
I don't understand what the big deal is. If people weren't allowed to go on the roof then why isn't the door fucking locked? Who cares any way. If they can't use the roof then they can always dance somewhere off school grounds. Naru has a doujou at her house doesn't she?
I don't like the other girl either. I hate slow talking airheaded seeming characters.
How many members you need to form a club, 4? Hana, Yaya, Naru, and me. There ya go, forget about those other girls.
Jul 21, 2014 11:44 PM

Dec 2011
Sometimes you come across series where you just see everything that happens from the perspective of one of the characters other than the character that the story follows. I'm starting to see everything in this series from Yaya's perspective.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 22, 2014 1:04 AM

Oct 2009
Mizeteo said:
Student Council President was scary tho. Wish things would settle down next ep.

I bet she will join the yosakoi club after Yaya.
Jul 22, 2014 3:02 AM

Nov 2012
hana and yaya got a little bit closer! i was already wondering when they're going to meet naru and yup.. they forgot her. comedy was pretty good in this episode c:
Jul 22, 2014 4:01 AM

May 2010
Like everyone said, that bald guy was unexpectedly nice, more like great.

I love Tami-san, such a gentle person.

Yaya really likes Naru, doesn't she? I really like Hana and Yaya's bond.

"Why do japanese songs sometimes have english words in them?" No doubt, question of the week! (not that I mind)

Great episode.
Jul 22, 2014 4:13 AM

Jan 2013
Need more blushing and yuri. less-cute-than-the-last-episode/10
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 22, 2014 5:37 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Thread Cleaned
Please be more descriptive with your posts rather than just posting simple one liners.

Hana is the biggest weeaboo
Lol, she just loves everything Japanese!

Hana and Yaya had a small date, which was super cute. Hana, please don't grow F Cups, we do not need that. Poor Naru, date being canceled... but she probably forgot it all because of this kaichou.
Kaichou appears to be a meany who I bet will see how beautiful Yosakoi is and have a 180 degree personality change for a slight second.

The teacher is funny... though stereotypical "Teacher doesn't wanna teach" character and the Yosakoi shop owner sounds super familiar... is that you Kenji??
Jul 22, 2014 5:45 AM

May 2013
That gangster looking guy was unexpected.
She does look cute wearing a yukata with blonde hair. Hana has high hopes for Naru to perfect her yasakoi. I hope she does too. Looks like they got caught by the student council president for unauthorized use of the rooftop. She should be joining soon.
Jul 22, 2014 6:26 AM

Jan 2009
Hana is on fire throughout the episode, she talks too much ! huhu
Jul 22, 2014 7:48 AM

Jun 2013
hey aniki turn out to be nice after all
Jul 22, 2014 7:57 AM

Aug 2008
"Japanese portions are so small"

THATS RIGHT, HANA. SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE AMERICAN USA USA USA USA USA USA
Jul 22, 2014 8:41 AM

Jan 2014
There were some great lines in this ep

"Why do japanese songs sometimes have english words in them?" lol! i wonder about that myself

"we're here to do some window shopping!"

"japanese portions are small"

damn Hana, killled it with some memorable lines. Thoroughly enjoyed this episode, and shout out to the awesome OP. i'm looking forward to the music for when the Yosaki club perform their dance. The background music is enjoyable and gives off that nice calming-vibe & the op is annoyingly addictive
NeverWinningJul 22, 2014 9:30 AM

Jul 22, 2014 8:42 AM

Aug 2013
oh wow the president girl is quite annoying
hope she aint like that when she joins the group
Jul 22, 2014 10:54 AM

Nov 2010
Not bad, but I found this week's episode to be a bit weaker than the first two. The comedy was alright, but I don't know if it clicked with me as much as I'd wanted it to. Hana was cute during her time with Yaya. Oh, and Naru, too, when she got upset. Let's not take that jealousy out of proportion, though xD

At any rate, I enjoy the character struggles and heartwarming aspects more, so I'm hoping we'll get more of that in the episodes to come. :P

Also, quite a few people seem to find Hana annoying, but for me it's not so much her as it is Yaya. As a matter of fact, I still think Hana is such a fun and cheery character to watch (she's even had a few memorable lines this week that made me go "aww"!). Yaya, on the other hand, is making me roll my eyes more often with her generic tsundere, haha. Honestly hope they don't push this too far...

PS - the OP is still as addicting as ever, and the ED is growing on me, too. I really can't wait for those full versions.
Jul 22, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
Yaya is totally a lez.. and probably the only one in the group too.

Man, that president is such a bitch. Tami's voice is beautiful.. she really looks like a yamato nadeshiko.

I'm curious how they are going to get the two girls to join the group though.
Jul 22, 2014 1:57 PM

Oct 2013
That black-suited man is the definition of swag
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something.....

Ghefira - Sep 5, 2023

0 by Ghefira »»
Sep 5, 2023 10:38 PM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

161 by SoraKara »»
Dec 11, 2022 6:29 AM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2014

82 by Atavistic »»
Jan 21, 2022 6:09 AM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

155 by removed-user »»
Jan 21, 2022 5:26 AM

Poll: » Hanayamata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

76 by Gendolfas »»
Jan 21, 2022 4:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.