3It was OK
14.9%
2Disliked it
2.8%
1Hated it
3.5%
Average 4.2
141 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 15, 2008 1:15 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just saw this RAW. Ok, I heard rumors about this guy being different from the other usual guy of this series but the first half of this episode was RIDICULOUSLY ECCHI. Euh, bouncing boobs and major boy revealing. The point of this is that it mixed with serious plot.

So basically the guy who is doing this show is completely screwing the elements. IS IT JUST ME or the ELEMENTS ARE SCREWED UP in this episode?

Anyways it does get some highlights from me:

-The bouncing even though was TOO appealing was quite LOL considering the setting.

-Louise being ecchi with Saito to the point of Saito becoming a dog in heat was LOL. Louise was TOO MOE during that scene by being shy+ Guiche interrupting was another LOL.

-Agnes forgiving Colbert was ++

-Screw the perverted guardsman forcing upon Louise

-Good magic in general but Tiffa always is good to see.

-Good attack sequence with Saito

Next episode might be the last but it seems more like a 4th Season looming around.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 15, 2008 11:19 PM

Dec 2007
Great episode.

Next episode will be the last one. (episode 12)

Season 4 coming soon; July 2009.

Zero no Tsukaima ~ecchi no ecchi~

-daRUDE
Sep 16, 2008 1:48 AM

Jul 2008
My highlights:
  • A very loud proclamation to go save Tabitha... in a pub full of soldiers of the opposing faction. Very frakin' clever!
  • The "epic" battle with the elf... half a season of build up and we have a conclusion with that in under 10 minutes. Sappy script included.
  • Flat breasts joke with potion slip... wow, I didn't see that coming. *rolls eyes*
  • You couldn't see it, but I'm imagining my expression of "WTF?" was hilarious throughout this entire episode.

The episode wasn't all bad. But honestly, this is probably one of the worst second to last episodes I've watched in a while. The scriptwriters are really reaching here to just conveniently explain away every plot hole. I could see it now... "So, they're going to invade the castle to save Tabitha... um... oh yeah, the soldiers... convenient sleeping potion? That's good... oh yeah, the elf... um... how many episodes left? One?!?! Bugger... um... dispell the sword and swing it, that worked in my D&D game last night. Uh... so... final episode, we'll just rush some crap in there and begin marketing season 4. Quality be damned! People will do anything to hear Rie Kugimiya's voice."
  • Sep 16, 2008 2:22 AM

Jul 2008
    sakuko said:
    My highlights:
  • A very loud proclamation to go save Tabitha... in a pub full of soldiers of the opposing faction. Very frakin' clever!
  • The "epic" battle with the elf... half a season of build up and we have a conclusion with that in under 10 minutes. Sappy script included.
  • Flat breasts joke with potion slip... wow, I didn't see that coming. *rolls eyes*
  • You couldn't see it, but I'm imagining my expression of "WTF?" was hilarious throughout this entire episode.

The episode wasn't all bad. But honestly, this is probably one of the worst second to last episodes I've watched in a while. The scriptwriters are really reaching here to just conveniently explain away every plot hole. I could see it now... "So, they're going to invade the castle to save Tabitha... um... oh yeah, the soldiers... convenient sleeping potion? That's good... oh yeah, the elf... um... how many episodes left? One?!?! Bugger... um... dispell the sword and swing it, that worked in my D&D game last night. Uh... so... final episode, we'll just rush some crap in there and begin marketing season 4. Quality be damned! People will do anything to hear Rie Kugimiya's voice."

• I agreed with you but you SHOULD BLAME really the guy who is doing the season now cause the guy of season 1 and 2 has LEFT. Don't know why though he would go just like that....new life maybe?
    Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
    Sep 16, 2008 3:58 AM
    Oct 2007
    Eechi to the max - and sadly, I've already voiced my opinions on that too many times this series. It's just died for me, the magic is gone (pun not intended). I think the majority of us are just watching it for the old show that we loved long ago.

The battle was refreshing, but as sakuko said it seemed half hearted in the end, which was depressing. In fact sakuko's discussion of scriptwriters is golden and probably true. XD

angel999, is that really true that the guy that did the first 2 seasons left?? If so, that would make SO MUCH sense.
    Sep 16, 2008 4:11 AM

Mar 2008
    ?? The preview said, that the next episode is the last one. But shouldn't there be still 2 eps left?
    Sep 16, 2008 7:22 AM

Jul 2008
    Mikhael04 said:
    Eechi to the max - and sadly, I've already voiced my opinions on that too many times this series. It's just died for me, the magic is gone (pun not intended). I think the majority of us are just watching it for the old show that we loved long ago.

The battle was refreshing, but as sakuko said it seemed half hearted in the end, which was depressing. In fact sakuko's discussion of scriptwriters is golden and probably true. XD

angel999, is that really true that the guy that did the first 2 seasons left?? If so, that would make SO MUCH sense.

Read that info here: h**p://www.sankakucomplex.com......so you can check if you want.
    Sep 16, 2008 8:23 AM

Aug 2008
    angel999 said:
    sakuko said:
    My highlights:

• I agreed with you but you SHOULD BLAME really the guy who is doing the season now cause the guy of season 1 and 2 has LEFT. Don't know why though he would go just like that....new life maybe?

Now that explains everything. Like why this whole season was just one major disappointment! I mean I truly loved the first two seasons, but like Mikhael said, the series died a while ago, and I'm just hangin with this show for the memories of the good old days.

There is no plot, no magic, no romance, no jokes (i'm talking about those funny ones that actually make you lol), and definatly no action. The so-called battle in this ep lasted for like what.. 15-20 secs? I have no problems with fan service, but even that got boring a long while ago. This show used to be a lot more than a simple ecchi-fest.

I won't even go and ask the question: what the hell happened to ep 13? I just dont care anymore. Squeeze as much random crap in the last episode as possible, than wrap the whole thing up, and start planning season 4!
    Sep 16, 2008 8:55 AM

Mar 2008
    Well, this whole series isn't anything special. It's... how do I call it... enjoyable. It's fun to watch, but nothing revolutionary great :)
    Sep 16, 2008 9:18 AM

Jul 2008
    Kvakond said:
    angel999 said:
    sakuko said:
    My highlights:

Now that explains everything. Like why this whole season was just one major disappointment! I mean I truly loved the first two seasons, but like Mikhael said, the series died a while ago, and I'm just hangin with this show for the memories of the good old days.

There is no plot, no magic, no romance, no jokes (i'm talking about those funny ones that actually make you lol), and definatly no action. The so-called battle in this ep lasted for like what.. 15-20 secs? I have no problems with fan service, but even that got boring a long while ago. This show used to be a lot more than a simple ecchi-fest.

I won't even go and ask the question: what the hell happened to ep 13? I just dont care anymore. Squeeze as much random crap in the last episode as possible, than wrap the whole thing up, and start planning season 4!

I just wanted to tell you something I though. Maybe they just wanted money so when they make 4th season they don't have to put much to make money such as the fanservice BUT to do this to whole season is a BIT TOO MUCH if you ask me. This series is quite popular in Japan so doing that is bad to the fans.
    Sep 16, 2008 11:10 AM

Feb 2008
    boring ep, so the next is the last? thought there was gonna be 13?
    Sep 16, 2008 12:36 PM

Apr 2008
    Yeah, I thought it would be 13 episodes. Oh well. I didn't really care for this season anyway so hopefully season 4 will be better. ^_^
    Sep 16, 2008 2:00 PM

Mar 2008
    I'm a bit surprised ep 12 will be the last... Maybe they plan to release ep 13 as a dvd special. (we should expect some good fanservice, so it's ok ^^)
    Sep 16, 2008 2:14 PM

Aug 2008
    Like many replies here. My expression is all WTF? thoughout that episode... Thats just too much ecchi!! Now all the female character in the episode are acting like whore.. episode8/9/10 is good... but 11? WTF. Disappointed.
    Sep 16, 2008 3:04 PM

Jul 2008
    FayteKenshi said:
    Like many replies here. My expression is all WTF? thoughout that episode... Thats just too much ecchi!! Now all the female character in the episode are acting like whore.. episode8/9/10 is good... but 11? WTF. Disappointed.

Yeah second that and seriously WTF is the production thinking of hiring the guy who makes the boob things of Sekirei and Ikkitousen. BET YOU GUYS DID NOT KNOW THAT. Yup same guy who made all of the glory of the echhi scene in Ikkitousen and Sekirei.

BASED ON WHAT I READ: here is the best part: THE GUY is famous for making shows into ECCHI SHOWS.
    Sep 16, 2008 3:12 PM

Aug 2008
    angel999 said:
    FayteKenshi said:

Yeah second that and seriously WTF is the production thinking of hiring the guy who makes the boob things of Sekirei and Ikkitousen. BET YOU GUYS DID NOT KNOW THAT. Yup same guy who made all of the glory of the echhi scene in Ikkitousen and Sekirei.

BASED ON WHAT I READ: here is the best part: THE GUY is famous for making shows into ECCHI SHOWS.

WTF! Serious? I really hate to see Zero no tsukaima turning into an ecchi show.. I want my season 1 and 2 back!!
    Sep 16, 2008 3:52 PM

Aug 2008
    FayteKenshi said:
    angel999 said:
    WTF is the production thinking of hiring the guy who makes the boob things of Sekirei and Ikkitousen. BET YOU GUYS DID NOT KNOW THAT. Yup same guy who made all of the glory of the echhi scene in Ikkitousen and Sekirei.

WTF! Serious? I really hate to see Zero no tsukaima turning into an ecchi show.. I want my season 1 and 2 back!!

Signed! Though as far as I can remember ZnT' been ridin the ecchi-train ever since the final episodes of season 2.

On the other hand, the pieces of this evil plot is coming together! The bastards should have hired A GUY who actually knows how to do things right, and uses stuff like Content, and Plot - and Character development, among other "useless" sh** this season's been lacking. Oh I just pissed myself off again..

P.s.: I liked Ikkitousen, though GG was weak..
    Sep 16, 2008 3:56 PM
    Jan 2008
    there's not much saito action this season and that in itself is a drag. louise also didnt develop new void spells except and relied much on dispel and explosion (which i doubt is a void spell) this season is purely plot development and rushed the ending. i really thought saito would have difficult time handling the elf dude honestly enough, comparing this possible end with s2 anime end, i would prefer s2. having to show off some skill against 70k men is much worth viewing than having to fight one lame giant... if there's a s4 i just hope it would contain a much decent plot and less unwanted fanservice
    Sep 16, 2008 4:47 PM

Aug 2008
    I just realise this episode is the most screwed up episode of the entire 3 ZnT seasons. So many lame excuse created for a plot.... Not even the worst season 1 or 2 episode can be as screwed up as this one.
    Sep 16, 2008 4:49 PM
    Observer

Nov 2007
    mediocre is all I can say about this season.

I will stick with the novels....
    bla bla bla
    The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
    Niko-kun said:
    On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
    Sep 16, 2008 5:17 PM
    Apr 2008
    this ep was very boobalicious
    Sep 16, 2008 5:50 PM

Aug 2008
    angel999 said:

Next episode might be the last but it seems more like a 4th Season looming around.

At least that's what most of us hope! :P

Saito does seem to want to sleep with Loiuse alot... Perhaps they will actually get to do it in the novel? One can only hope ^_^
    This episode was pretty funny btw.

Also, will episode "13" be like an OVA or something?

EDIT: Odd... the text in this post appears to be "Bold" even though i didn't add any tags...
    Sep 16, 2008 9:33 PM

Jun 2007
    what a waste of time....I can't believe this is how it's going to end. I honestly hope, if they make a 4th series, that it's better then this train wreck.

I'm happy I wasn't losing it when I thought the show was being written by two different people. Thanks to Angel999 now I know there's a new writer and thats why this series sucked ass.

isn't 13 a DVD only episode? I read it somewhere but I forgot where.
    Sep 16, 2008 9:50 PM

Jul 2008
    DeathfireD said:
    what a waste of time....I can't believe this is how it's going to end. I honestly hope, if they make a 4th series, that it's better then this train wreck.

I'm happy I wasn't losing it when I thought the show was being written by two different people. Thanks to Angel999 now I know there's a new writer and thats why this series sucked ass.

isn't 13 a DVD only episode? I read it somewhere but I forgot where.

For your information all I read about 13 is that it was to be aired uncensored to promote DVD sales but instead was opted as a extra episode that is to happen between 6~7~8 of this season about Taba-chan.

Glad to be of help to anyone ^_^ if there is ANYTHING PLEASE ASK ME. I AM HERE AND EVERYWHERE TO TRY AND HELP IN MANY WAYS.
    Sep 16, 2008 10:40 PM

Jan 2008
    The first half of this episode was SO painful to watch. I felt incredibly uncomfortable viewing it. It got a lot better though when the fighting started. All I can say is that the final episode better be worth all this.
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    Sep 16, 2008 11:33 PM

Feb 2008
    That was a waste of 20 minutes.
    Sep 17, 2008 3:51 PM

Jul 2008
    viesiu said:
    ?? The preview said, that the next episode is the last one. But shouldn't there be still 2 eps left?

Yeah, it seems to be 13 episodes, isn't it??
    Damn, i want more ep. :S

Sep 17, 2008 5:40 PM

Jun 2007
    Ratings for this show went down 100 places in like a day.
    Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
    Sep 17, 2008 6:59 PM

Nov 2007
    Meh. That's just about all I can say about this episode. I really didn't expect a lot from this season, after the disappointment I had with the second. Still the last episode might just be surprisingly good. But... judging from what's happened so far, I don't think that's gonna happen.
    Sep 17, 2008 10:46 PM
    May 2008
    I thought that this episode was somewhat a disappointment for myself. So far, this third season had a little too much fanservice in its story and this episode unfortunely continues this trend. Also, they really rush in having Heinretta pardon Colbert and the others without an explanation and I didn't like how the situation between Agnes and Colbert unfolded in this episode.
    Sep 17, 2008 10:50 PM
    May 2008
    angel999 said:
    Mikhael04 said:

Read that info here: h**p://www.sankakucomplex.com......so you can check if you want.

Sounds like they need to get a new writer for the upcoming fourth season, because this third season had too many disappointments.
    Sep 18, 2008 12:06 PM

Nov 2007
    Torisunanohokori said:
    Ratings for this show went down 100 places in like a day.

Oh, right. Thanks for reminding me I needed to lower this show's rating.
    Sep 18, 2008 9:07 PM

Aug 2008
    Whoever did the writing for this episode must be shot and hanged. It's soooooo fucking unrealistic and contradicting, it just ruined my image of ZnT... it was going so well.. 8 is good... 9 is amazing.... 10 is not bad... but 11? Screw that!

Because of that I dropped the rating from 9 to 7 -_-..

The preview isn't exciting either... haiz.... 12 better be a good episode... lets see a miracle like 2nd season's last episode...

I suspect a sexual scene of louise and saito at the end of episode 12 O_o
    XydenicSkySep 18, 2008 9:14 PM
    Sep 18, 2008 10:20 PM

Jul 2008
    FayteKenshi said:
    Whoever did the writing for this episode must be shot and hanged. It's soooooo fucking unrealistic and contradicting, it just ruined my image of ZnT... it was going so well.. 8 is good... 9 is amazing.... 10 is not bad... but 11? Screw that!

Because of that I dropped the rating from 9 to 7 -_-..

The preview isn't exciting either... haiz.... 12 better be a good episode... lets see a miracle like 2nd season's last episode...

I suspect a sexual scene of louise and saito at the end of episode 12 O_o

Please do not shoot him yet cause he does other works that are ecchi but still might have potential but do torture HIM just no kill!

I AGREE WITH THE REST!
    Sep 19, 2008 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
    Mediocre...though i still enjoy the characters, however some lame jokes in this episode...=__=

Nooo, next episode is last for the season boo
    Sep 19, 2008 2:36 PM

Aug 2008
    Episode 12 - Lelouche steps in and abduct Saito the Knight of Zero (Louise) via geass and make him replace spinzaku as the Knight of Zero (Knight of Rounds). Without Saito's help, the crazy golem proceed to pwn everyone in the world. The end.
    Sep 19, 2008 6:20 PM
    Oct 2007
    angel999 said:
    I AM HERE AND EVERYWHERE TO TRY AND HELP IN MANY WAYS.

>_> Are you God?

What I find scary is that this series is still ranked higher than the second series, which I thoroughly enjoyed minus the atrocious ending.

After seeing this season, I'm really not too sure I even want a fourth season. I can't see it getting much better unless the replace their entire writing team, and I can't see them doing that.

What angers me the most is it's taken them up to episode 9 to even get a plot going. There is so much more they could have done with this season, but instead it's felt like I could have set up a charity organisation to feed orphans and done something worth while in the time I've been watching this.

After the ending of last season and what this season has been like, I hold no hope for any decency in the next episode. Lets just hope it is a bit more painless than this episode.
    Sep 19, 2008 6:23 PM

Aug 2008
    I'm guessing there will be another season? I don't know how it will end when there's less than 2 episodes left. Though I must admit, this episode was pretty funny. Fan-service...

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
    Sep 19, 2008 10:16 PM
    Oct 2007
    Louise was cute, that's it. This season is so screwed over while I had so much hope for it. Stick to the novel is all I can say. They just need to stop and by that I mean, don't even make a season 4.
    Sep 19, 2008 10:53 PM

Jul 2008
    One part of Louise I liked:
    Sep 20, 2008 5:21 PM

Dec 2007
    Anime-Destiny said:
    I thought that this episode was somewhat a disappointment for myself. So far, this third season had a little too much fanservice in its story and this episode unfortunely continues this trend. Also, they really rush in having Heinretta pardon Colbert and the others without an explanation and I didn't like how the situation between Agnes and Colbert unfolded in this episode.

>.<; They spent too much time on fan service this season. They NEED to focus on the plot points. The plot could of been way better. T.T;

I am disappointed. D: I had to rate it down a bit.
    Sep 20, 2008 5:51 PM

Jul 2008
    Mikhael04 said:
    angel999 said:
    I AM HERE AND EVERYWHERE TO TRY AND HELP IN MANY WAYS.

>_> Are you God?

What I find scary is that this series is still ranked higher than the second series, which I thoroughly enjoyed minus the atrocious ending.

After seeing this season, I'm really not too sure I even want a fourth season. I can't see it getting much better unless the replace their entire writing team, and I can't see them doing that.

What angers me the
    most is it's taken them up to episode 9 to even get a plot going. There is so much more they could have done with this season, but instead it's felt like I could have set up a charity organisation to feed orphans and done something worth while in the time I've been watching this.

After the ending of last season and what this season has been like, I hold no hope for any decency in the next episode. Lets just hope it is a bit more painless than this episode.

NO I AM NOT GOD. I try my best that's all.
    Sep 20, 2008 6:06 PM
    Aug 2008
    Azul said:
    Anime-Destiny said:

>.<; They spent too much time on fan service this season. They NEED to focus on the plot points. The plot could of been way better. T.T;

The problem is that they love the cliches too much.

Saito getting kicked in the balls is a cliche.

All the males getting turned on by partial nudity is a cliche.

They spend time on the cliches, and they don't have time to develop:

1) Louise's internal emotional conflicts;

2) Louise's magical development;

3) Colbert and gunpowder girl's emotional tension;

4) The nature of elven magic;

etc.

They *tried* to develop Louise's character in this episode.

A) Louise tried to get Saito to look at her;

B) Louise tried to chat up the baron to get him drunk/potioned -- in order to show that she's an independent woman who can undertake missions on her own.

These were feeble attempts at showing Louise growing as a character. IMHO these attempts failed miserably.
    Sep 20, 2008 9:17 PM
    May 2008
    formosan said:
    Azul said:
    Anime-Destiny said:

etc.

B) Louise tried to chat up the baron to get him drunk/potioned -- in order to show that she's an independent woman who can undertake missions on her own.

These were feeble attempts at showing Louise growing as a character. IMHO these attempts failed miserably.

Both of you did raise good points on the fanservice and cliches. Hopefully, if they make a fourth season there will be less fanservice and a better plot development. ^^
    Dark-EvolutionSep 20, 2008 9:34 PM
    Sep 20, 2008 10:52 PM

Jul 2008
    formosan said:
    Azul said:
    Anime-Destiny said:

etc.

I TOTALLY AGREED 100%!
    Sep 20, 2008 10:57 PM

Aug 2008
    Somehow a fourth season will seems weird. I wonder was it going to be about?

At this point of the anime, the charcters seem so maimed... thanks to the producers -.-
    Sep 22, 2008 11:26 PM
    Jul 2008
    angel999 said:

I just wanted to tell you something I though. Maybe they just wanted money so when they make 4th season they don't have to put much to make money such as the fanservice BUT to do this to whole season is a BIT TOO MUCH if you ask me. This series is quite popular in Japan so doing that is bad to the fans.

yeh! maby next season itl be all searious like hellsing or something and theyll actually KILL someone... no? well it IS a good idea about the echii... i hope ur right, and next season there'll be a bit more storey... but has tehre ever been much?
    Sep 25, 2008 7:44 PM

Sep 2008
    hehe louise dancing was very funny
    doesnt fells like only one chapter to go

lets see how it ends
    Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
    Sep 27, 2008 1:06 PM
    Dec 2007
    I wonder why I'm still watching this below average show. I'm not bored and I've got tons of things to do, so it must be habit, I wish I had not started to watch the first season, two years ago...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
    Sep 27, 2008 4:52 PM

Feb 2008
    Jacut said:
    I wonder why I'm still watching this below average show. I'm not bored and I've got tons of things to do, so it must be habit, I wish I had not started to watch the first season, two years ago...
    Yeah, we're all stuck now... :)
    I liked this episode though, ZnT seems to have forgotten its own plot but at least it isn't boring.
    Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Censored_Vagina - Aug 10, 2008

82 by LadyLeeMing »»
    Mar 15, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Sep 21, 2008

218 by Comander-07 »»
    Nov 29, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 8, 2008

64 by Comander-07 »»
    Nov 29, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Aug 25, 2008

91 by Comander-07 »»
    Nov 29, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 3, 2008

113 by Comander-07 »»
    Nov 28, 2023 12:13 PM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.