Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 20, 2007 3:41 PM

Nov 2007
Syaoran said:
I really liked the OVA, the opening was kinda cool, with all the Magic/summon rings? I was trying to figure out which one was which based on the manga. ^^
The entire artwork and animation in OVA was very smooth and clean, particularly during Kamui and Kurogane's fight.

I think I heard someone said that they are Fei Wong and Syaoran's summon rings.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 20, 2007 8:02 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Thanks tsubasalover! I needed to express my love in some manner xD

If I remember correctly, the first summon ring is Clow's (also CCS!Sakura's first ring, and the ring Xing Huo uses in this OAD). The second is Yuuko's (also used here). The third is Syaoran's from CCS. Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought it was a nice touch considering all the detail CLAMP has put into those rings, even if they probably only did it to save time!
Nov 20, 2007 10:13 PM

Apr 2007
KURO-PUU!! I LOVE YOU!!
That was just beautiful. The series doesn't even come close to the OVA. Now I am falling in love with Kamui...

tsubasalover said:
Kineta-san, I like your signature very much!!

Same here. It's really...sorry I can't think of the right word.
Nov 21, 2007 2:08 PM

May 2007
LOLWUT ITS LELOUCH
Nov 21, 2007 2:52 PM

Jul 2007
ZoiQ said:
LOLWUT ITS LELOUCH

http://myanimelist.net/character.php?id=436
OR its character from 1992 CLAMP's manga "X" named "Kamui Shiro".

As much as i liked Lulu as a character, Lulu is not the original one. The discussions about Lulu's similarity to Kamui, Suzaku's similarity to Syaoran and Todo's similarity to Kurogane has been going around since the very start of Code Geass.

Both Lelouch and Kamui were designed by same persons(CLAMP quartet), so i guess its inevitable for them to share similar look.

P.S. And that black cape is his trademark and not Lulu's.
Nov 21, 2007 3:40 PM

Jun 2007
indeed, Todo looks like Kurogane's twin :S even their personalities are similar
Nov 21, 2007 9:47 PM

Sep 2007
5/5

This OVA series is really satisfying! Man, out of 43 votes, 39 said they loved it!

I'm glad that there will now be answers to the mysteries of the TV series.

Is it true that if TR becomes successful, CLAMP will pursue S3?
Nov 22, 2007 7:18 AM

Jul 2007
kathy said:
5/5

This OVA series is really satisfying! Man, out of 43 votes, 39 said they loved it!

I'm glad that there will now be answers to the mysteries of the TV series.

Is it true that if TR becomes successful, CLAMP will pursue S3?

Well not a season three. Anime series are ended they won't continue ever.

Butif these three OVA sells well we may get more OVA's for other manga worlds after Tokyo.
Nov 24, 2007 7:24 AM

Aug 2007
I agree with everyone that says the OVA is better than the series. The artwork is gorgeous, the sound quality is good... I could go on for a while naming everything good about it! The op and ed songs are lovely, too!
Nov 25, 2007 12:19 PM

Aug 2007
5/5 pwnsome!

like REAL ova need to do.... make it exactly like the manga, Tokyo Revelations actually did the right job on that.

And the action wasn't phony.....

seriously, i was desperate when real syaoran was awakening.

like i said. Its a good OV. XDD
Nov 26, 2007 8:36 PM
Nov 2007
The OVA delivered so much more than I expected!!

I was so upset with the way series two turned out that I wasnt really expecting much more from the OVA but HOLY MOLY!!!!!! It was so beautiful!!

Is Mokona smaller than usual? I think thats adorable!

Januray 17th People!!!
Nov 26, 2007 8:49 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Chii said:
Is Mokona smaller than usual? I think thats adorable!

Mokona was drawn out of proportion in the anime. Hence, its size here is about the size as it is in the manga.
Nov 27, 2007 11:41 PM
Nov 2007
Awesome!! He is so much cuter!
Nov 30, 2007 4:38 AM

Nov 2007
I haven't seen it yet but I'm happy someone is picking up Tsubasa Chronicle again. GO Production I.G! But waiting months between each episode is kind of.. much...

Will watch it asap!
Nov 30, 2007 5:48 PM

Oct 2007
As someone who never watched the anime, I have to say this was too awesome. I might watch it again later, to make sure I get everything. But I personally think this exceeded all my expectations. It is a shame the normal animation turned out to be poor, but I'm looking forward to Production Clamp's vision to the rest of the series, if they continue on.
Dec 1, 2007 5:05 PM

Sep 2007
The art was the same as in the Movie I guess... way better than in the series and the detailed backgrounds!!
Did anyone else notice the awesome shots at the sky and clouds? Or the scenery Fai watched after their arrival, plus of course the littered corpses in the entrance hall....

I loved the fighting scenes too. The animation was so vivid and fluid, and Kuro-samas sword was SHINING! °_____° Loved it!

Kamui was just plain hot! Smooth, cool voice, awesome chara-design, just like in the manga and his scenes... I fell in love...

Fai was portrayed really authentic, Kuro was sooooooooo cool, Syaolans scenes a bit short, but sweet and the awakened one... wow, he seems way cooler than the sweet Syao we know.
Sakura... didn't make much of an appearance as of yet... oh well. She looked cute...
And Mokona ... was really cute... I like this size definitely better than that maximized version in the anime!

The music was beautiful as usual, thankfully not too much. During the second season I got the feeling I was watching a Disney-Fairytale...
Anyone noticed the Edo-Music when Kuro appeared to help Syao out? My favorite theme... *dreamy sigh*

Enough rambling... I'll just go and watch it a fifth time now...
BlackCrayonDec 1, 2007 5:08 PM
Dec 2, 2007 4:34 AM
Nov 2007
Did anyone else notice the awesome shots at the sky and clouds? Or the scenery Fai watched after their arrival, plus of course the littered corpses in the entrance hall....

I noticed the scenery Fai watched! It was SPOT ON!! I had to rewind several times because it was just so beautiful!! And the corpses of course.

Kamui reminds me a lot of LeLouch from Code Geass. Not in personality but in looks.

Anyone noticed the Edo-Music when Kuro appeared to help Syao out? My favorite theme... *dreamy sigh*

Enough rambling... I'll just go and watch it a fifth time now...

Yes! I noticed that too! I actually got goosebumps because Kurogane's song is actally one of favourites as well. It suited the scene so well and I think this would be the first Tsubasa/Tokyo episode where they didnt play, "A Song of Storm and Fire"!! Its waaaay over done!! But Kuro-Pii did look rather attractive fighting Kamui.

Cant get enough of it!!

Much Love,
Chii xoxo

P.S. The Boy's Right Eye, is what I am looking forward to most.
Jan 2, 2008 2:20 PM
Jan 2008
im soooo lost!!! sorry to bother, but heres the prob. i was govin a copy of S1 ep 6 as a promo, i frggin luved so i wanted to see what led up to that so i watch ep1 thru ep5, and in two days iv been hooked and i watched all of season 1 and 2.now im lost cuz tokyo revelation is out on a tangent to me ad the movie was a random bridge also,

someone plez explain the order i should watch these! or fill me in if theres something i should read or watch between the shows and movie!!!

well to get one track, ep1 of tokyo... was kindda a shock cus the amount of blood, which explains my consern on the wild tangent. but just as or more exciting and the previous shows
Jan 3, 2008 7:30 AM

Jul 2007
eldiscjockey said:
im soooo lost!!! sorry to bother, but heres the prob. i was govin a copy of S1 ep 6 as a promo, i frggin luved so i wanted to see what led up to that so i watch ep1 thru ep5, and in two days iv been hooked and i watched all of season 1 and 2.now im lost cuz tokyo revelation is out on a tangent to me ad the movie was a random bridge also,

someone plez explain the order i should watch these! or fill me in if theres something i should read or watch between the shows and movie!!!

well to get one track, ep1 of tokyo... was kindda a shock cus the amount of blood, which explains my consern on the wild tangent. but just as or more exciting and the previous shows

At the end of 42, when Fai whistles to hold off the guards(the library scene after they steal the feather) and mokona transports them, they actually end up in Tokyo. EP1 of Tokyo revelations go right after ep 42

That explains Syaoran's thinking on how he can't remember anything after Guardian smashed him - that happened just few minutes ago in Library.
And same with Kurogane - he is questioning Fai about the whistling in Library.

Episodes 43-53 won't happen. They are, like, erased from timeline, as they did not originally exist in plot.

Second episode of Tokyo Revelations comes out January 17, 2008.

P.S. Yea, the blood is normal stuff. TV series were censored alot, and there won't be any censorship in Tokyo Revelations.
AhenshihaelJan 3, 2008 7:33 AM
Jan 3, 2008 10:14 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
eldiscjockey said:

Fai gave you detailed information, but I thought I'd add that this all comes from the manga Tsubasa RESERVoir Chronicles, and if you wanted to read it, we'd all highly recommend it!! If you enjoyed the anime, I can promise, the manga is 100x - if not more - better.
May 27, 2008 5:18 AM

Mar 2008
omgosh this is amazing. i love the animation (though i swear syaoran looks slightly different), the storyline is superb, there are FINALLY developments and wowwwww blood?! this is a first. ahhhhh I LOVE IT!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2008 4:12 PM

Aug 2007
I agree that Syaoran looks slightly different - more serious and mature, perhaps?

But I absolutely loved the fighting between Kamui and Kurogane. The fight was well-animated, and I loved the swaying and swirling motions of Kamui's cape. His motions were also gracefully captured. (Kamui sorta reminded me of Lelouch too).

After watching the first eps, I have high expectations for TCTR. It got me absorbed into the show, I felt like I was watching a movie!
Aug 3, 2008 8:49 PM

Jan 2008
Tsubasa Chronicle: Tokyo Revelations OVA episode 1 was great!~ xD

I would have to say that the opening song really set the mood. It was mysterious and calm yet had an underlying seriousness to it at the same time. I relished listening to it in the beginning.

As for the beginning of the episode, I really enjoyed~ The character designs were just too great. After watching Tsubasa Chronicle seasons 1&2, the animation for TCTR was just mindblowing!~ xD And it was noticed that not only did the characters look amazing, but the scenary as well :)
-- Did anyone else notice that the tower that was showed was a big factor in CardCaptor Sakura xP

Kurogane looked awesome in his suit and his sword just accented to that~ His fight scene with Kamui was really well done. I was glad to see some clear scenes for once and some actually nice fighting with blood~

And speaking of blood, it was refreshing to see Syaoron actually fighting and having blood on him. In the previous seasons it seemed that he got away with everything and usually came out with a little scratch or something. His character seems more mature and more suave and I really enjoy watching him :)

Fai~ His character was really amazing, I'm looking forward to learning more about his past. The scene where Kurogane confronted him was cool. Fai seems much more mysterious in TCTR.

Sakura looks really good as well! She actually looks like a girl/woman now :) And just by looking at her, she seems more assertive and more kick-butt than fragile [as she was portrayed in Tsubasa Chronicle]...

As for the new characters --> they're awesome!~ When I first saw Kamui, Lelouch popped into my mind - but that soon subsided. Kamui's whole character is just so interesting and mystifying, I want to learn more about him :)

And finally -- Syaoron's clone!
Yay~ Can't wait to find out more about the clone ^_^

Anyways, I should end my rant/babbling by saying that Tsubasa Chronicle: Tokyo Revelations surpassed my expectations and I truly loved the first episode xD

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Mar 29, 2009 5:21 AM

Feb 2009
Can someone tell me what is the song's name when the original Syaoran wakes up from his confinement?
Аккаунты: rutracker || fansubs || World-Art
Jul 30, 2009 7:24 AM

Jul 2009
Well that was a VAST improvement over the anime - more action, more violence and blood, better character interaction and , of course, the improved animation you expect from an OVA.

So this is just after the world with the libraries and the end of season 2 never happened I guess. Finally, we get to see the other Syaoran and where he came from maybe? Also, that guy looked like Lelouch when they showed the flashback of him XD
Sep 8, 2009 11:36 AM

Nov 2008
This a great improvement from season 2. I loved it.

The art was amazing but still I kind of liked the one from the 1st season.

I liked the part where karagune and kamui fought and when Syoran awoke.
Dec 13, 2009 1:35 PM
Jun 2009
tsubasa chronicle:tokyo revelations Character Kamui and X Character Kamui different .
correction is turned better.

Jan 18, 2010 11:41 PM

Dec 2009
Why is the OVA better then the series. . . UGHH!! this was the action i was lookin for and love the violence
Jan 19, 2010 1:03 PM

Jan 2010
hey, is this the second season to it?? ive been wanting to know, i finshed season 1 yesterday
Jan 20, 2010 1:48 PM

Jul 2007
sugarwonders said:
hey, is this the second season to it?? ive been wanting to know, i finshed season 1 yesterday
sugarwonders said:

No and yes.

This comes AFTER the lecourt country storyline (with chapter 106 of manga being proper ending to that storyline).

These OVA come INSTEAD of the last 20 or so episodes.
Mar 1, 2010 1:24 PM
Nov 2009
Aglenn said:
Can someone tell me what is the song's name when the original Syaoran wakes up from his confinement?

Same question... Can't find it anywhere... =(
Jun 11, 2010 4:35 PM

Jan 2009
awesome,awesome,awesome!!!!!
It was soo much more better than the regular serie.
the art,fights, everything was better xD

Loved it!!! :D
Edward Elric <3 Lavi <3 Fai. D Flourite <3 Shizu-Chan <3 Sause Uchiha ! <33
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=11018 - FMAB fan club. for thoses who wants to join ^^

Jun 15, 2010 10:13 PM

Feb 2009
SieQuin said:
Aglenn said:

Same question... Can't find it anywhere... =(

yup, nothing on the web, but here a clip
Oct 14, 2010 11:37 AM

May 2009
This was so freaking awsome =D
Oct 14, 2010 11:57 PM

May 2010
I am very happy with this series so far. They're actually sticking right to the manga and the pacing/art/music...everything about it is great! It was surprisingly brutal, though. I know that's how it's supposed to be but I guess the second season trained me not to expect it. :p
Jan 3, 2011 2:09 PM

Aug 2010
The dubbed OVAs came in the mail today and I watched the first episode.

I am loving it! They're sticking to the manga, and the artwork is gorgeous. In the manga sometimes the artwork got to be too detailed,sometimes I couldn't tell what exactly was happening. And the VA work in this is as excellent as always. :)

Jan 22, 2011 1:00 PM

Dec 2010
Awesome episode! so far this OVA is definitely living up to its hype.
Feb 21, 2011 4:35 PM

Sep 2008
Ooooh~ So that's what happened to Lelouch! After he died C.C. just transported him to Acid Tokyo and he became Kamui! XD

Seriously though, did you SEE that flashback when Kamui first arrived. It SCREAMED Lulu. I know both character designs are done by Clamp, but i mean c'mon.
Apr 13, 2011 1:31 PM

Jul 2007
PoisonMoon said:
Ooooh~ So that's what happened to Lelouch! After he died C.C. just transported him to Acid Tokyo and he became Kamui! XD

Seriously though, did you SEE that flashback when Kamui first arrived. It SCREAMED Lulu. I know both character designs are done by Clamp, but i mean c'mon.

Except that, oh i don't know....

maybe that Kamui predates both TRC and Code Geass by more than ten years?
Nov 4, 2011 1:44 PM

Feb 2009
I stopped reading the manga at this point just so I could watch what's supposed to be the "turning point" with full colour and sound in a supposedly very good OVA.

The episode progressed quite neatly, continuing perfectly from where I left off (just when the group arrive in Tokyo), but in the last minutes, something happened. I'm not quite sure of what its meaning is, but I was left speechless and very intrigued!

I can't stop now.
Aug 11, 2012 3:08 PM

May 2010
Man watching the anime again reminds me how tall and thin these characters are lol.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 26, 2014 11:18 PM

Jun 2009
I liked it, but I think I preferred the manga sequencing of the events and so on. Not even going to lie, Fai's voice kind of caught me off guard as well. I'm not really sure what I expected of him, but yeah.

The next episode should be the "good stuff".
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 27, 2014 10:03 AM

Jan 2014
Duh, I kinda confused of this.

in the 2nd season at the very end episode, the shaoran in the tube doesn't break free. but why in here, he's break free?
this arc is supposed to happen after the book of memories arc, right?

can someone explain this me?
Jan 5, 2015 9:05 AM

Apr 2009
nice one production I.G.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2015 8:14 PM

Nov 2011
great start.. beyond my expectation..
I don't watch 2 seasons of anime, I read the manga.. but this OVA is amazing, soundtrack is great..
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Mar 27, 2015 11:31 AM

Jul 2007
Abyhape said:
Duh, I kinda confused of this.

in the 2nd season at the very end episode, the shaoran in the tube doesn't break free. but why in here, he's break free?
this arc is supposed to happen after the book of memories arc, right?

can someone explain this me?

Those episodes are fillers.

This ignores the whole "adaptation" and just adapts manga chapters covering tokyo arc which is where anime MAJORLY diverged, which is around episode ~42 at the end of library arc
Jun 28, 2016 1:50 PM

Dec 2014
the OVa seemed so intense all of a sudden.. makes you want to grab hold your seat
Jul 7, 2020 4:22 AM
Jul 2009
I really like this. The story is cool and I'm glad that they got a competent sound engineer to do the mixing instead of the drunk raccoon with ass cancer they apparently hired to do the sound mixing for the main show.
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» watch order to link tsubasa with xxxholic

kay84 - Jan 8, 2022

5 by VampireLine »»
Feb 8, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations

KingSunWukong - Jan 9

3 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Jan 10, 9:20 AM

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 14, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:22 AM

» How dark, violent, brutal, bloody, gore, emotional, sad, gritty and mature and cut content are the arcs preceding the "Tokyo Revelations" arc in the manga compared to the animated television series and the "Tokyo Revelations" arc onwards ?

KingSunWukong - Oct 30, 2023

2 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:36 AM

» Reboot?

Yuuki-Manaka - Jul 12, 2021

4 by LordYozefu »»
Aug 8, 2021 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.