Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 17, 2007 5:49 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the raws appeared few hours ago.
You can find links in trc clubs on my anime list and in most of trc-related forums.

So, how was the first OVA? Did it fulfill your expectations?

I was personally amazed by art. It was truly great. I did not have much time to completely watch it through so i just fast-forwarded, but as far as i saw - everything looked good.

P.S. I guess everyone will be happy if there won't be ANY manga spoilers, and slight spoilers should go into spoiler tag.
KinetaDec 1, 2012 4:03 AM
Nov 17, 2007 7:44 AM

Jul 2007
Amazing amazing I really loved it and it follows the manga parts kinda.
Can't wait until the next one the end was also kinda excited only it takes so long T.T
Nov 17, 2007 9:50 AM

Mar 2007
that was indeed an amazing episode . i really like what Production I.G has made.

The scene in which

Now to wait 2 month for the next episode ;_;

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Nov 17, 2007 10:04 AM

Jul 2007
Well now, after having seen it till the end i can say - these 25 beats anything- related to tc beetrain has made.

It just prooven fact now - Production I.G >>>>>>> BeeTeletubies

Although There was some minor differences from manga, I loved them too:

The best parts of OAD for me:
Nov 17, 2007 10:19 AM

Mar 2007
Fai said:
Well now, after having seen it till the end i can say - these 25 beats anything- related to tc beetrain has made.

It just prooven fact now - Production I.G >>>>>>> BeeTeletubies

Although There was some minor differences from manga, I loved them too:

ah ! so they changed those part from the manga , it seemed to me there was something different but i could not pin point what . now that you said it i remember indeed . although something i don't remember being in the manga

oh and when you say "those 25" , i didn't understood at first , but..i then figured it was a "those 25 minutes" . if that not the case lol , well then i have no clue what you are talking about :S .

Nov 17, 2007 10:29 AM

Jul 2007
minutes indeed XD
Nov 17, 2007 10:33 AM

Mar 2007
So...i'm re watching the scene in which

Nov 17, 2007 10:38 AM

Jul 2007
nope. Author is the same, but song is not in tv series OST.

Author is Kajiura Yuki. And it was the only "good" thing in Tv series.
The OST quality was top-notch. Well the downside was that director overused these songs in tv series. "Song of Storm And Fire" played nearly in every episode (to the point of it becoming anoying) and sometimes songs were too loud...

Expect OST for OVA to come out next year
Nov 17, 2007 10:39 AM

Jun 2007
1st ova was awesome
character desing just r0x, much better than the both seasons TC.
Kuro-pin was handsome in this outfit >.<
and what can i say about Kamui :S i was like OMG!?! <3 and then Miyano Mamoru's voice on top @.@ *nose bleeds*
Nov 17, 2007 10:47 AM

Mar 2007
Fai said:
nope. Author is the same, but song is not in tv series OST.

Author is Kajiura Yuki. And it was the only "good" thing in Tv series.
The OST quality was top-notch. Well the downside was that director overused these songs in tv series. "Song of Storm And Fire" played nearly in every episode (to the point of it becoming anoying) and sometimes songs were too loud...

Expect OST for OVA to come out next year

ah , i see . I kinda dropped those two series by beetrain after 5 episodes of each . they where too awful to watch , well especially the second series . I mean..for Clamp to be pissed about it , that tells everything .
Blargh , waiting one year is awfully long ;_:
ashura said:
1st ova was awesome
character desing just r0x, much better than the both seasons TC.
Kuro-pin was handsome in this outfit >.<
and what can i say about Kamui :S i was like OMG!?! <3 and then Miyano Mamoru's voice on top @.@ *nose bleeds*

that's Production I.G for ya ! Outstanding quality ....always

Nov 17, 2007 2:10 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
kurotsuki said:
The scene in which

He had some nice, random biceps in that one shot xD I loved it.

ashura said:

Haha, I agree.

Fai, it COMPLETELY fulfilled my expectations!! If anything bothered me, it was that I wanted to see MORE!!!
I noticed most of the changes you list, but most of them worked well, and they were very minor.

I don't know enough Japanese to know what they were saying for most of it, but from what I could understand and guess it, it's great. The scene between Fai and Kuro was executed flawlessly from what I could see, too! And the shot of Yuuko and Watanuki was great, too.

AHHHHHHH, IT WAS GREAT!!! I love it, I love it, I love it!!! XDDDDDD

I want the next arc after this one too!!!!
Nov 17, 2007 2:13 PM

Jul 2007
Kineta said:
<saving space>

Since the last shot of ED is Infinity. I think we can hope for it XD
Nov 17, 2007 2:15 PM

Mar 2007
Fai said:
Kineta said:
<saving space>

will Clamp allow it ?
I'm sure if it's made by Production I.G they will.

Nov 17, 2007 2:20 PM

Jul 2007
kurotsuki said:
Fai said:
Kineta said:
<saving space>

will Clamp allow it ?

During the special preview event 8 days ago, CLAMP ladies themselves said that "if the OAD sells good, continuation is possible".
Nov 17, 2007 2:23 PM

Mar 2007
Fai said:
kurotsuki said:
Fai said:
Kineta said:
<saving space>

will Clamp allow it ?

During the special preview event 8 days ago, CLAMP ladies themselves said that "if the OAD sells good, continuation is possible".

well thanks you , that made my day ( that and other things lol ) ^^ .

Nov 17, 2007 2:41 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Which means... we all need to buy our own copies!!!!! Which I totally will do, whether I can understand it or not ... and whether I'm broke or not xDDDD
Nov 17, 2007 2:43 PM

Mar 2007
Kineta said:
Which means... we all need to buy our own copies!!!!! Which I totally will do, whether I can understand it or not ... and whether I'm broke or not xDDDD

haha yes we do !
well , buy your copy and keep the subs . XD

Nov 17, 2007 3:06 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Must give more praise, now that I've calmed down a bit...
I LOVED the fight scene between Kamui and Kurogane. Very fluid, very nice :D
Really enjoyed the OP (I'm listening to it right now) and the music was great... they took the one song I really enjoyed from the whole 3 episodes of Tsubasa Chronicles I watched xD

I really enjoyed the animation at some parts, but at other parts *bites tongue* it really wasn't as good, I found. Fuuma looked a little weird. And the style changed somewhat. It was almost like they had two different teams on it ... but maybe that's just me. I also forgot how short Syaoran was xD

Nov 17, 2007 3:12 PM

Mar 2007
Kineta said:
Must give more praise, now that I've calmed down a bit...
I LOVED the fight scene between Kamui and Kurogane. Very fluid, very nice :D
i watched that scene again frame by frame , it's seriously amazing , Production I.G is Serious business !
Kineta said:

I really enjoyed the animation at some parts, but at other parts *bites tongue* it really wasn't as good, I found. Fuuma looked a little weird.

I don't know , i think i was too busy being a Fuuma fanboy to notice anything wrong with him .
Kineta said:

I know what you mean , i had the same feeling for him and for Syaoran .
Recently on the LJ community there was a talk about

Nov 17, 2007 4:12 PM

Nov 2007
I know I should be voting for 5 out of 5, but my computer doesn't support graph for the video... so I listened it!! Miyu Irino did a great job voicing for Real Syaoran and Syaoran's voice!! Hsing Huo was a "nice" person after all to help Real Syaoran!!
tsubasaloverNov 17, 2007 8:35 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 17, 2007 4:25 PM

Jul 2007
you don't have right codecs. try to instal Combined Community Codec Pack ( http://cccp-project.net/ ). Then you should be able to see the video.
Nov 17, 2007 5:17 PM

May 2007
Are the subs out yet? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Then again, it is pretty soon since the RAW release. What group plans to sub this?
Nov 17, 2007 5:19 PM

Mar 2007
vindemon64 said:
Are the subs out yet? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Then again, it is pretty soon since the RAW release. What group plans to sub this?
there no subs out yet . DATS is planning on releasing it .

Nov 17, 2007 7:57 PM

Feb 2007
Simply. Amazing.

I just saw the episode just now.

It took my breath away. It was miles better that what the TV series had produced so far. The scene of Kurogane vs Kamui was simply awesome. And the rest of the scenes were really detailed and well animated.

It was amazing they covered about 8 chapters worth of manga in this one episode.

I liked how they got Light's VA for Kamui it actually fits him quite well(unlike Setsuna in Gundam 00 where his voice seems too different for his character.)

All I can say is its a job well done. I can't wait for January's episode!

Nov 17, 2007 8:21 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I just found out that they got Ohkawa to write the script for it! So most - if not all - changes should be hers :) I guess they wanted to make sure the other two DVDs sold, and not that everyone bought the first one and then avoided the other two for being so horrible, haha.
Nov 17, 2007 8:35 PM

Nov 2007
Fai said:
you don't have right codecs. try to instal Combined Community Codec Pack ( http://cccp-project.net/ ). Then you should be able to see the video.

Thank you, Fai-san!! Now I can watch it!! Now I want to change to 5 out of 5!!
Nov 18, 2007 8:36 AM

Feb 2007
Subbed by Shinsen.

Great episode :D
Nov 18, 2007 11:51 AM

Sep 2007
After such a long time after watching the last episode, it was refreshing to see the whole group again (Yay, Kuro-tan!) :)

But it was a great episode. I'm glad it didn't fall under my expectations. I'm waiting for the song where Real Syaoran emerges to be released :D

Ah, yeah, and I'm also really interested in what Fai's up to. His conversation with Kurogane was interesting.
IriyaNov 18, 2007 11:54 AM
Nov 18, 2007 1:25 PM

Apr 2007
Wow just WOW this episode was amazing

Too bad this is an OVA instead of a season =( and waiting for the next episode is gonna be hell =/

I can only barely remember the TV Series but i know for sure that Production I.G did a much better job then Bee Train

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Nov 18, 2007 2:29 PM

Jul 2007
Great episode, I loved the animation and also how they added Kamui and Fuuma to the characters in this one, oh yeah and it was nice seeing blood in Tsubasa Chronicles for once lol Anyways I can't wait for the next Ova episode ^^,
Nov 18, 2007 2:40 PM

Nov 2006
i cant wait for more to come out! it was great! ^^
Nov 18, 2007 3:36 PM

Oct 2007
Really enjoyed the episode and the art has really improved from the previous seasons, definitely worth the wait!!!

but have to wait ages for the next episode T_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2007 3:50 PM

Jan 2007
Good stuff. Nice fight scenes.
Nov 18, 2007 6:38 PM

Aug 2007
well, I have seen the first part of the ova (it hasnt no subs) I havent finish it becouse I want to read the manga or find thje ova with subs. I think is really good this ova...
Nov 18, 2007 7:02 PM

Jun 2007
I am so glad they picked up from the end of Record instead of the end of the second season. Everything was excellent.

Too bad the TV series couldn't look half this good.
Nov 18, 2007 7:37 PM

May 2007
Holy shit. Oh my god!!!!

I'm glad I started reading the manga awhile ago. I actually just got up to this point. Things are getting exciting!!

Oh god. This episode was amazing.
VK11Nov 18, 2007 7:48 PM
Nov 18, 2007 7:46 PM

Oct 2007
I was quite surprised that it was subbed so quickly, but I hastily downloaded it just the same. It was mind-blowingly awesome! At first I was slightly confused, because they just came from Rekord and I remembered faintly that the anime didn't end there.

Later on, I was ecstatic to find out that these trio of OVAs would be following the manga, because it was such a good storyline that the anime choose to skip over. Furthermore, like most of you, I found the animation and music was far superior to that of the anime.

I was also quite surprised to see Yuuko from xxxHOLiC there and was slightly disappointed that Watanuki didn't have a speaking role.

All in all, a strong beginning to the trio of OVAs! I can't wait until the next one!
Nov 19, 2007 1:19 AM

Jun 2007
Was it just me or was the voices really weird. Mokona’s seemed like it was done by two different people and confused the hell out of me when I couldn't see its lips moving and the voice was different. Kakkyo sounded like a sheman...that was scary beyond words. Everyone else just seemed bla and out of place. The ep was really nicely done. I have no gripes about the design or story, just the voices. I'm sure its probably becuse this was not the HD version or something.
Nov 19, 2007 2:03 AM

Jul 2006
Man, awesome ep, I need to read the manga now, I've been wiating since the end of the second season for more, and now that I've seen the first ep of the OVA, I need to start reading the manga.

Nov 19, 2007 2:24 AM

Nov 2004
I am beyond speechless! That just plain rocked! I want the next episode now! Even though I know what happens. I'm glad they are still using Yuki Kajiura's music. The animation between Syaoran, Kurogane and Kamui was awesome. And Kamui's VA is pretty spot on. I also like how Fay's VA can switch voices so easily (between Fay's [fake] happy moments and when his actual tone of voice slips through).

The moment when the other Syaoran wakes up was great. And so is the scene where Kurogane begins to confront Fay on how he is finally getting involved with them (or in other words, begins to care about them ... character development for him! Finally).

Blood in Tsubasa! Finally. This is how it is supposed to be. I wish the previous arcs had all the blood kept intact.

I finally get to see my favourite arc animated after... over a year or so (I think?). I really wanted to see this in season 2 and was so sad when Bee Train didn't do it, then everything was cancelled. The wait was worth it.

@ Taylor_Tertius: The previous anime didn't actually skip over this. Bee Train just couldn't animate it during season 2. Because this arc hadn't even finished yet when season 2 was coming out.

@ Tasura: The OVA marketing technique worked! People now want to read the manga!
CrystalNov 19, 2007 2:32 AM
Nov 19, 2007 5:13 AM
Jul 2007
I really enjoyed the episode. I love Fai even more then before. *drools*
The changes they made were mostly great, I didn't like some of the voices though. Overall 5 out of 5 though.
I just don't understand why we have to wait so long between episodes.
:(
Nov 19, 2007 5:53 AM

Oct 2007
Crystal said:
@ Taylor_Tertius: The previous anime didn't actually skip over this. Bee Train just couldn't animate it during season 2. Because this arc hadn't even finished yet when season 2 was coming out.

Thanks for the clarification Crystal. It's been awhile since I watched the original series and I faintly remember it – meaning I don't remember when it aired either! XD I just read somewhere that CLAMP and the production studios were having problems with each other – I thought one of the major problems was over the plot of the series or something...

Crystal said:
(...) The animation between Syaoran, Kurogane and Kamui was awesome. (...) I also like how Fay's VA can switch voices so easily (between Fay's [fake] happy moments and when his actual tone of voice slips through).

The moment when the other Syaoran wakes up was great. And so is the scene where Kurogane begins to confront Fay on how he is finally getting involved with them (or in other words, begins to care about them ... character development for him! Finally).

Yeah, I also agree with you – the fight scene was rather awesome. I also liked the scene where we finally see the dark side of Fai's personality and the deep bond between him and Kurogane. Like you, I also liked the scene where the other Syaoran wakes up and him showing up before Yuukio is a rather effective cliff-hanger.
Nov 19, 2007 5:57 AM

Feb 2007
LiuPi said:
I really enjoyed the episode. I love Fai even more then before. *drools*
The changes they made were mostly great, I didn't like some of the voices though. Overall 5 out of 5 though.
I just don't understand why we have to wait so long between episodes.
:(

It's an OVA, so it's normal. And it's good to wait for perfection :P
Nov 19, 2007 6:07 AM

May 2007
Finally, the first episode is coming !! I missed Sakura-chan *__*, Shaolan, Kuro, Fai and Mokona.
After the few minutes, we notice about the big differences betwwen a production of Production.I.G and one of the worst studios for me BEE TRAIN.
Awesome episode with a great baston : Kuro vs Kamui, a kawai mokona and a funny Fai.

Nov 19, 2007 8:28 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
@Taylor_Tertius: If I was the creator of TRC (haha in my dreams) and a production studio came out with that beast after I let them use my idea... I'd have issues, too :S Beetrain won't be making any more seasons. If we're lucky - everyone buy copies!! xD - they'll do the next arc as an OAD as well. Hopefully xxxHolic will now contain references to TRC as well, since Production IG has now worked on both works. I'm not quite sure how that works with copyrights, however.

@LiuPi: They are selling each episode as a DVD, together with a volume of the TRC manga, in hopes that fans will purchase the DVD. This a major reason why the wait is so long. But Asrialys is right as well :D
Nov 19, 2007 9:07 AM

May 2007
I really liked the OVA, the opening was kinda cool, with all the Magic/summon rings? I was trying to figure out which one was which based on the manga. ^^
The entire artwork and animation in OVA was very smooth and clean, particularly during Kamui and Kurogane's fight.
Nov 19, 2007 2:23 PM

Oct 2007
It's a good thing everyone's already said things like 'the art is amazing' and 'it's good to see the gang animated again', otherwise I'd probably go on some crazy rant.

I really enjoyed the opening and ending sequences as well. I suppose I need to go catch up on the manga now...heh. It's good I have time but it sucks that we all have to wait so long for the next episode. >.<
Nov 19, 2007 7:24 PM

Apr 2007
Holy kow!!! I was expecting great things from this, and boy did it deliver and more! That was freiken awesome X3. There is no comparison between this and the t.v series, go Production I.G!!!

Damn... Freiken awesome mann.... (Now i just gotta wait......... T.T)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2007 7:41 PM

Oct 2007
Kineta said:
@Taylor_Tertius: If I was the creator of TRC (haha in my dreams) and a production studio came out with that beast after I let them use my idea... I'd have issues, too :S Beetrain won't be making any more seasons. If we're lucky - everyone buy copies!! xD - they'll do the next arc as an OAD as well. Hopefully xxxHolic will now contain references to TRC as well, since Production IG has now worked on both works. I'm not quite sure how that works with copyrights, however.

Agreed, I can imagine how an artist would feel having their work being used in a manner that wasn't in the spirit of the original work. It would be rather neat to see future arcs in OVA forms, it would be a shame if there were no follow-up to Tokyo Revelations, but I'll settle for waiting for the next OVA to come out! :)

My 50th Post!
Nov 20, 2007 3:40 PM

Nov 2007
Kineta-san, I like your signature very much!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» watch order to link tsubasa with xxxholic

kay84 - Jan 8, 2022

5 by VampireLine »»
Feb 8, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations

KingSunWukong - Jan 9

3 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Jan 10, 9:20 AM

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 14, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:22 AM

» How dark, violent, brutal, bloody, gore, emotional, sad, gritty and mature and cut content are the arcs preceding the "Tokyo Revelations" arc in the manga compared to the animated television series and the "Tokyo Revelations" arc onwards ?

KingSunWukong - Oct 30, 2023

2 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:36 AM

» Reboot?

Yuuki-Manaka - Jul 12, 2021

4 by LordYozefu »»
Aug 8, 2021 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.