Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2009 10:16 AM

Nov 2008
asandari said:
Was it just me or did Taiga's voice sound a little off key?

I thought that too. For most of the episode I was wondering if they'd changed the voice actress for some reason. Also the animation seemed a bit odd, maybe a little more simplistic than before. I hope they're not having to rush making the end of the series. Like NGE all over again...
Get a life and stop reading my signature...
Mar 13, 2009 10:36 AM

Feb 2009
>_< gyah!! That last scene made me cry like heck. Do not like seeing Minorin and Taiga fight... Minorin was kowai!!!

I felt really sorry for Taiga to be cornered like that, that fall was brute!! I'd die from embarrassment if I was Taiga...

Ryuuji... what you gonna do now?!?!
Mar 13, 2009 10:36 AM

Jul 2007
I thought emo Minorin was pathetic but the yandere version was surprisingly even more bland.

Next episode hints:

Chinkosu-...
YuunagiMar 13, 2009 10:47 AM
Mar 13, 2009 10:50 AM

Sep 2008
mflatischler said:
twintail taiga is sweet ^^

waah, Minorin was always scary but that scene where she called him a liar was the scariest from her... yandere? o_O

Twintail Taiga definitely cute <3

Haha, yeah Minorin's face was so freaky when she called Takasu a liar xD I'd say she definitely has yandere qualities xD

Mar 13, 2009 10:51 AM

Dec 2008

... this facial expression :3
Mar 13, 2009 11:25 AM

Oct 2007
Usotsuki

When I heard Kugimiya won the best actress in the seiyuu awards all I thought was seriously? why?

But my goodness. The acting this episode was nothing short of amazing. And it leaves me totally baffled as to how Yui Horie could make me HATE her voice in VK as Yuuki and leave me thinking she is ridiculously talented as Minorin.

I didn't realize how good a person Ami was until this episode. I thought all her antagonizing of the other characters up until this episode had strictly been because she was too afraid to verbalize her own feelings. Turns out she really values Taiga's friendship and relates to the way she's been hurting.
Still wants Kitamura / Ami spinoff.

Three cheers for Toradora! hip hip hoor.. *Picks up pig tail Taiga and runs*
Mar 13, 2009 11:26 AM

Dec 2007
I fear I'm the only person that is actually glad Minorin's getting her feelings out and getting all confrontational, rather than moping around like emo Mino in the middle. And the last scene, ashsfhdjfhsj brilliant stuff. Glad to see a high school show with some REAL drama in it. ToraDora is brilliant.
Visit my blog and portfolio at http://kyokohunter.net/
Mar 13, 2009 11:29 AM

Aug 2008
so_addictive said:
Three cheers for Toradora! hip hip hoor.. *Picks up pig tail Taiga and runs*
Ahhah.. sigh..I needed that laugh..
Mar 13, 2009 11:32 AM
Dec 2007
It felt a bit too overdramatic to me, Toradora didn't use to be like that. Still direction and animation were absolutely awesome and the script is still fine even if I don't particularly like Ryuuji x Taiga.

avluis said:
Bladin said:
I really still don't see what the big draw is for Ami. All she has done THIS ENTIRE ANIME is make some snide comments here and there. And besides that, she hasn't done much of anything.

Besides that, i'm pretty disappointed that this anime is probably going to end with a last minute coupling, and then a 1-3 minute after final event summary in the final episode.

I really wish i could find a anime that would contain this in the middle, and then have the rest be them as a couple.

Watch Saikano, not the same genre, but it is what you are looking for.

Saikano is unbelievably crappy. Try KareKano instead, they match at the end of the second episode if I remember well (and seeing the beginning of the first episode, it's all but decided before that, it's pretty much a huge surprise). On top of it, there are loads of romance anime where the characters go out before the last episode, but KareKano is just one of the best, if not the best of the genre (and it was directed by Anno ;)).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 13, 2009 12:15 PM

Jun 2008
karasawa said:
Also the animation seemed a bit odd, maybe a little more simplistic than before. I hope they're not having to rush making the end of the series. Like NGE all over again...

Yeah the animation quality was a bit lower than the episodes before, imo.
I doubt Toradoras gonna go eva on us, im expecting more of a happy/bittersweet generic ending that involves ryuujixtaiga, but who knows...

Mar 13, 2009 12:16 PM

Oct 2008
I guess just like another longer series I'm watching that's finishing up this season: I won't be happy with the end of the series, but I enjoyed the ride while it lasted. I really thought this series had the ability to not go the expected route, but alas no.

Ami still continues to be my favorite character. Sure she was bitchy, but she also had her reasons. She also ended up revealing that she did what she did out of sympathy for Taiga, so at least her character is somewhat redeemed and not just viewed as only a bitter character. Sucks for not having Ami X Ryuuji ending, or even Minorin X Ryuuji.

Ah, high school drama, I don't miss you one bit in reality, but it does make for interesting tv.
Mar 13, 2009 12:43 PM

Aug 2008
I think I asked somewhere but never got a response. Was it ever explained why Ryuuji calls his mother by her name? Anyone know?
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Mar 13, 2009 12:52 PM

Aug 2008
Wow.

I never even thought that it would have to come to this to get these two together. I personally didn't like it, and too much of it felt contrived (Yasuko getting sick, the "intervention"). I was amazed that it came to something like this rather than even try to let things develop properly.

That whole intervention was just awkward. It almost seemed like it was planned the whole time which is just ridiculous since Taiga was the one who kept everyone.

Minori is extra ridiculous in this episode. I did not for the life of me understand what was going on in her head. Is she mad at herself that she didn't own up to her feelings for Ryuuji and thus mad at Taiga for the same thing? But yet she's fine with calling out Ryuuji for doing basically the same thing that she did 5 episodes back? Someone really needs to kill her.

Ami as always was great, but I'm glad we got a little more insight into her motives with the whole lame shoe throwing as a set up. It always irked me that Ami seemed to help out Taiga when I just thought Ami didn't like her, and stayed solely for Ryuuji, so it came as a shock that she actually saw a lot of herself in Taiga and thus stayed. I guess it was because that was back when I didn't like Ami too much and wrote off a lot of her motives, so it's really cool to see that she was that preceptive from the beginning.

The chocolates scene with Haruta and Hisamitsu was hilarious, even though I still think Hisamitsu is gay, his reaction to Taiga blurting his feelings out in open air was priceless.

I guess I didn't dislike this episode...it's just that things did not go in a way that either I had planned, nor was organic enough for me.
Mar 13, 2009 12:55 PM

Aug 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
I think I asked somewhere but never got a response. Was it ever explained why Ryuuji calls his mother by her name? Anyone know?

I'm going to guess it's because of the nature of their relationship. It seems to me Yasuko had Ryuuji early and didn't want to be called mom, and also that Ryuuji does kind of split the parenting with her. They really are almost equals in their relationship.
Mar 13, 2009 1:32 PM

Nov 2007
Man, Minorin really scared me at the end o___o

Poor Taiga ;_;
Mar 13, 2009 1:40 PM

Aug 2007
Chiperdada said:
i am more furious than that of 1000 suns. I HATE the direction this show is going.

QFT
Mar 13, 2009 1:48 PM

Jan 2009
Nice character development once again. And little strange animation quality, but I liked it. The classroom trick was painful to watch... Can't wait for final ep
Mar 13, 2009 2:00 PM

Oct 2008
Jacut said:
It felt a bit too overdramatic to me, Toradora didn't use to be like that. Still direction and animation were absolutely awesome and the script is still fine even if I don't particularly like Ryuuji x Taiga.

Same here; I liked this episode but that final scene, even if it helped the plot to develop a lot faster, was too dramatic for my taste. That dramatic setting was better applied at the school trip's fight and at the end of Kitamura's arc. Furthermore, Taiga and Minorin's mental breakdowns were so weird too watch, as well as Ami and Kitamura's "supercool friends" role. However, I loved when Minorin shouted at Ryugi; she was insane!

I realy hope the writers throw a MinorinxRyugi ending, but that depends on the last novel. But please, not Taiga! Not even her character design is cute (compared to the novel or the manga)

heiserxMar 13, 2009 2:07 PM
Mar 13, 2009 2:03 PM

Dec 2008
I like it sooo much! It was so cute, Taiga and Ryuji when he was about to cry..., and Taiga helped him... aww.
And then, in the classroom!! And Ryuji runing after Taiga!!
CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!!
Mar 13, 2009 2:38 PM

May 2007
Well, it was an interesting ending to the episode. The whole intervention seemed a bit too "ideal" in my eyes. A little forced...but I guess that's the producers way of getting things solved by the end of 25 episodes.
Mar 13, 2009 3:17 PM

Feb 2008
for some reason this show just seems to have lost most of its flavor. everyone is just wallowing in their self pity while blaming others for their lack of courage. two more episodes.
Mar 13, 2009 3:41 PM

Apr 2008
Ryuukishi said:
if ami didnt talk in code all the time it would be ami x ryuji ending and everyone would be happy =)

Except there is a problem with your logic. Where does it ever indicate that RYUUJI likes Ami? And no, not EVERYONE would be happy with that ending. Me having a "I hate Ami" opinion. But I got to admit that she has become less preppy and more badass lately... ^_^
Mar 13, 2009 3:50 PM

Apr 2008
Whoaaa, last sense was intense.
People randomly went batshit, duude.

I wonder where this will lead. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2009 4:05 PM

Apr 2008
the rating of this series and the number of people watching really shocks me. this shit is fucking overrated.
Mar 13, 2009 4:07 PM
Dec 2008
k.
Mar 13, 2009 4:09 PM

Oct 2008
Kyon97 said:
the rating of this series and the number of people watching really shocks me. this shit is fucking overrated.

Well it is not a masterpiece, but at least it stays away from all the generic harems and mini-harems out there, including some J.C Staff show like Zero no Tsukaima and Kimikiss. Furthermore, I think we are enjoying a nice ride with all the plot twists and character relationships.
Mar 13, 2009 4:12 PM

Nov 2008
What what what is Ryuuji going to do? It looks like he doesn't see Taiga as a girlfriend at all! Weren't their friends cruel to Taiga all for nothing? =(

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Mar 13, 2009 4:23 PM

Feb 2008
Quality drop at the start of this episode. But oh well, nevertheless it was a great episode. Especially the end. Crap, I can't wait for the last episode. >.<

Kyon97 said:

I disagree.
Mar 13, 2009 4:41 PM

Nov 2008
Wasn't expecting the episode to end like that. Huge turn of events. And wow, Minori looked seriously pissed there for a few seconds when she got right up in Ryuuji's face.
Mar 13, 2009 5:00 PM
Oct 2007
O.my.gosh. What happened in that last scene was totally unexpected. Scary and sad for a Valentine's Day. Taiga + Ami are awesome.
Mar 13, 2009 5:19 PM

Jul 2008
it was a pretty good episode, now if only ami could confess her feeling clearly, her taiga too, things might get a little clearer, or meybe more complicated.
di anyone else think minorin had an almost higurashi moment near the end there when she grab a hold of taiga?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 13, 2009 5:44 PM

Jun 2008
Woo-hoo, everything is falling into place and the cat is out of the bag. The next two episodes are going to be fantastic I just know it!
Mar 13, 2009 5:53 PM

Apr 2007
The last part of the episode was superrrrrrr intense! O______O

Is it just me, or did the animation seem different?
I also thought Taiga's voice seemed different too.
It may be just me though lol.

INTENSITY!
AHHHH THE SERIES IS ALMOST DONE. That was a long journey :p

Mar 13, 2009 6:14 PM

Mar 2008
While effect wise, the end of this episode an interesting and high-pitched drama, the less plausible aspect is Takasu standing there while Minorin shakes Taiga like an apple tree. Very predictable now but Minorin's reaction is nonsensical - isn't she supposed to pursue Takasu or wasn't that what she mentioned in the last episode? This was far from being subtle and it does cause the desired (shock effect) but of all characters, I did not understand Minorin's erratic behavior.

I find it difficult to even sympathize with Ami even while there is more clarity now about her motives to stay back. Isn't that wallowing in some self-imposed vow to 'make others happy'? I would have preferred a more subtle ending to this episode.

ah well, at least some plots are getting resolved.
Mar 13, 2009 6:33 PM

Oct 2008
ZOMG I really like Toradora at this point. It started slowly, but I thought this episode was a nice blend of comedy, drama, and seriousness.

Ami losing her shoe and advertising for the chocolate were pretty good moments. Haruta with his gf was like O.o.

Some very, very nice voice acting with Taiga at times in this episode. Toradora! is just turning out to be an incredible anime. I'm glad I stuck with it.
Mar 13, 2009 6:34 PM

Aug 2007
Faust721 said:
Though it saddens me when I have to hear Ami talk about how it's impossible for her.

Qft. :|

Argh so much dramaaaaaa. Good episode; Ami had more lines in this episode than the past few combined. :3

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Mar 13, 2009 6:43 PM

Apr 2008
I thought it was a waste of an episode... until the last 2 minutes. Huge leap there.
Mar 13, 2009 6:53 PM

Oct 2008
Psycho Minorin brought back some higurashi memories causing me to pause it and contemplate what the heck just happened 0_o
this episode had a good amount of emotion, but it honestly seems like the characters are just wallowing in their own self pity, taking away some of the impact.
i still like this series though, 2 more episodes, im hoping for a good ending.
Mar 13, 2009 7:36 PM

Sep 2008
wow i did actually understand everything from tha raw
so next epi is bounf to be intence but happy
gambare taiga ryuuji-----tiger dragon------tora dora
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 13, 2009 7:41 PM

Feb 2009
Ah!! I been a taigaxryuuji fan since episode 2, and hope my rooting will not go to vain! Good episode! Lots of crazy emotions! I also felt as if Taiga's voice was a bit too different today. I can't wait till next week!! :D
Mar 13, 2009 8:04 PM

Feb 2009
I was gonna give this a 3 until the last few minutes. Very emotionally intense, I didn't see that coming and it left me speechless for a few seconds. Toradora overrated ? Probably, but this show still features some really intense moments so I don't mind.
Mar 13, 2009 8:20 PM

Apr 2008
Wasnt expecting the emotional scene in the last few minutes of this ep. Can't wait till next week 2 eps left :)

Breath||
Mar 13, 2009 8:43 PM
Jan 2009
The last scene was probably the worst thing I've ever seen. It was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too dramatic.
Mar 13, 2009 8:44 PM

Jul 2007
Can't really understand how people couldn't expect that last part when it's set on Valentine's Day.
Mar 13, 2009 9:12 PM

Oct 2008
muramasa007 said:
The last scene was probably the worst thing I've ever seen. It was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too dramatic.

the last scene was probably the best thing i've ever seen. it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too epic.
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Mar 13, 2009 10:04 PM
Aug 2007
I still want a TakasuxAmi ending.

Fuck.
Mar 13, 2009 10:08 PM

Aug 2008
Give up.

I gave up about 10 episodes. Live in a delusion with the rest of us.
Mar 13, 2009 10:15 PM

Aug 2008
Err... this episode failed to impress me. There were definitely way better and more dramatic episodes in this series. The last scene was just dumb. How Taiga feels is not anybody else's business. Not only that, but to humiliate her in front of Ryuuji like that... I can understand Ami because of her personality, but for Kitamura to join in just seems very out of character. Also, Minori bullying Taiga to the point that Taiga cried just made me very pissed off.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 13, 2009 10:17 PM

Aug 2008
Oh, yea, totally forgot to say it in my first post.

This only proves that Minori is nothing but a psycho bitch.
Let the flames begin.
Mar 13, 2009 10:40 PM

Jul 2007
I don't think I've ever seen a romance anime where I actually like the couple. Fuck.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

25 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
2 hours ago

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Yesterday, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.