Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 7, 2013 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, L-Elf certainly can piss some people off. Dat truth~

Kinda liked the OST of this episode with the action I guess. Whoa, death flags raised.
Nov 7, 2013 9:14 AM

Dec 2012
Cain is so hax. The best H-Neun could do was to get his blood splash on Cain's ice-cold face. No wonder even L-elf is just like a kitty in front of this immortal vampire.
Nov 7, 2013 10:23 AM

Dec 2011
idk but that's... disappointing >_>

hope to see Lieselotte’s interaction / reunion? w/ eruerufuu soon
Nov 7, 2013 10:40 AM

May 2010
L-11 sure knows how to motivate ppl xD

haruto is a fool

ok episode..nothing special.
Nov 7, 2013 11:04 AM

May 2013
So Haruto is going to share the same fate as Marie if he keeps piloting the valvrave. Poor H-Neun.
Nov 7, 2013 11:27 AM

Aug 2010
RIP H-9 u stepped in too deep.

And as I expected, Haruto goes emo blaming L-Elf and pissing his pants XD

Glad that it didn't last long. Good going L-Elf ^^ BA as usual.

So Haruto is also undergoing the memory loss things and so is L-Elf? Hmmm...the ending of this series will definitely be crazy XD

And it seems we know how Satomi will become immortal soon ^^;
Barion-ZaraNov 7, 2013 11:31 AM
Nov 7, 2013 11:31 AM
Apr 2012
Since Haruto always getting bad end of the stick I don't blame him.
Nov 7, 2013 12:27 PM
Dec 2012
Marie is really dead? Still hard to believe. The 2nd half was especially impressive. I had expected L-elf to surpass Cain someday, but now it seems questionable cuz Cain is...

It was solid, interesting and well-twisted. Just wish the show had been like this since early episodes of the 1st season.
Nov 7, 2013 12:31 PM

Jul 2012
Interestingly enough this is just an overall solid episode without dishing too many crazy twists all over the place. Of course, it still has the unexpected developments.

No idea how it's going to go from here. Looks like it's going to be a long and difficult road before we get the peace shown in the flashforwards.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 7, 2013 12:44 PM

Dec 2012
Kerozinn said:
L-11 sure knows how to motivate ppl xD

haruto is a fool

ok episode..nothing special.

It is a another "calm before the storm" episode by Valvrave standard. It has a fair amount of actions and the plot is heavy as usual.

Looking at the review, we are going to see Haruto's dad. He seems like a nice guy. Haruto should ask why his dad imprisoned Pino and Prue to power those powerful yet fearsome machines.

Poor H-neun, the ritual that those magius set up was to body-jack X-eins. Since H-neun found out that the team was created to provide fresh and powerful hosts to the magius, his body probably belongs to that magius with the mustache now. It also looks like the magius requires a lot of rune energy to complete the ritual (a large jug of rune each time). Hence, they have to harvest people's runes in that ghost sub. By the way Pino describe that she "eat" rune, we can deduce that magius uses rune as food to stay alive. Brain-matter-sucking-body-jacking space vampire's life cycle is now completed :D

Marie status as a vegetable is pretty much confirmed. Her body is immortal, but she is just an empty shell. Whether she is considered death is up to interpretation. Valvrave is a very fast pace anime, so almost no time for mourning was to be expected. However, I'm still a bit disappointed that Marie's sacrifice was not highlighted a bit more in this episode. Aina's death in S1 got more focus than hers ;_;

L-elf's set up for Satomi to pilot VVVI was brilliant and typical of him. His plan for rotating Valvrave pilots was also very practical. It's too bad that Haruto once again took all the misery onto himself. That was a very selfless decision and we have to praise Haruto for that, even though that was not the practical solution.

L-elf deep affection for Lieselotte was hinted at. Is it love, or just him returning a favor? One question still remains: has Lieselotte been body-jacked already?

Another ghost sub is heading toward the moon where Module 77 and the rest of new Jior reside. Danger is coming to Shouko. Maybe we will see the last Valvrave Unit revealed there.
Nov 7, 2013 12:59 PM

Feb 2010
ssj4jw said:

Touché. Kinda get sick of when people always have a go at Haruto for acting human.
So Marie is actually dead huh, wasn't sure in the last episode. Too bad, liked her. I imagine her death will be more highlighted whenever they all get back to the moon or something coz she was Shouko's best friend and they need to show her getting upset '_'. Woot, heard some proper anger in L-Elf's voice today.
Nov 7, 2013 1:02 PM
Jan 2013
So, the Valvarves are as dangerous to the users than to the enemy and it seems that the Dorrsian have found a way around it, too bad H-neun has to put his nose where it doesn't belong
Nov 7, 2013 1:16 PM

Jul 2008
ThangLong said:

L-elf's set up for Satomi to pilot VVVI was brilliant and typical of him. His plan for rotating Valvrave pilots was also very practical. It's too bad that Haruto once again took all the misery onto himself. That was a very selfless decision and we have to praise Haruto for that, even though that was not the practical solution.

L-elf deep affection for Lieselotte was hinted at. Is it love, or just him returning a favor? One question still remains: has Lieselotte been body-jacked already?

Mmm... I call foul on seeing Haruto as selfless. If anything, he is quite possibly the most self-centered character in the entire show. Trying to shoulder all the burdens on your own and believing that are you are the only person able to solve a certain problem? That's about as egotistical and self-centered as you can get. It might be portrayed as selflessness, but his attitude and actions show more of an inability to trust others and a deluded sense of self-importance (which is made even more ironic by how much he does need to rely on other people, particularly L-Elf, but he still continually rejects that anyone other than him can handle responsibility).
Nov 7, 2013 1:25 PM

Oct 2012
Haruto is annoying, he's always got a problem with every single one of L-Elf's plans. I think it makes perfect sense to have each and everyone of the students use the valvraves, firstly it allows substitutes if a pilot is injured and it reduces the amount of memories each one loses so it will take them a lot longer to end up like that girl, also who doesn't want immortality besides Haruto.

I enjoyed seeing L-elf being bitter that he can't use a valvrave especially when he and the viewers know he would accomplish a lot more shit than what's going on right now if he replaced Haruto for example as a pilot.
Nov 7, 2013 1:29 PM
Aug 2012
killbethy said:
ThangLong said:

Mmm... I call foul on seeing Haruto as selfless. If anything, he is quite possibly the most self-centered character in the entire show. Trying to shoulder all the burdens on your own and believing that are you are the only person able to solve a certain problem? That's about as egotistical and self-centered as you can get. It might be portrayed as selflessness, but his attitude and actions show more of an inability to trust others and a deluded sense of self-importance (which is made even more ironic by how much he does need to rely on other people, particularly L-Elf, but he still continually rejects that anyone other than him can handle responsibility).

You got something wrong there............he didn't say he is the only person who can solve a certain problem. He did so that others wouldn't have a suffer like him. Yeah it's selflessness and you are being delusional here. He never said i can do this by myself did he? He always believes in L-Elf plan and acts according to it (other than the times he tries to protect his friends). Yeah is a selfless and suffering character...whether people see it or not.

L-Elf is more of an hypocrite here. He is doing all this for what? to save a girl he likes/loves right? Not some noble liberation like he says. He has no problem shooting down Haruto's friends in front of him but he still couldn't kill one of his own friends during those encounters.

cloud8100 said:
ssj4jw said:

Touché. Kinda get sick of when people always have a go at Haruto for acting human.
So Marie is actually dead huh, wasn't sure in the last episode. Too bad, liked her. I imagine her death will be more highlighted whenever they all get back to the moon or something coz she was Shouko's best friend and they need to show her getting upset '_'. Woot, heard some proper anger in L-Elf's voice today.

Thanks GOD sensible people like you watch animes. Most of the "fans" these days just like to ride the "Bash the Male MC" train all the time without even knowing why.

Nov 7, 2013 1:56 PM

Jul 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

You got something wrong there............he didn't say he is the only person who can solve a certain problem. He did so that others wouldn't have a suffer like him. Yeah it's selflessness and you are being delusional here. He never said i can do this by myself did he? He always believes in L-Elf plan and acts according to it (other than the times he tries to protect his friends). Yeah is a selfless and suffering character...whether people see it or not..

Which is exactly the point. He has no right to decide what other people can handle, what information they should or should not know. The show even constantly shows that this is the wrong idea by how many times it's backfired on him... in spite of trying to be the "only" Valvrave pilot (sure, he says it's because of the curse, but again... he doesn't have the right to decide for other people what burdens they should take for themselves), all of the Valvraves have pilots now. Every time he has tried to act on his own, he has wound up creating problems that L-Elf normally needs to step in to solve. It's taken him over an entire season of the show to even depend on others A LITTLE. And for all intents and purposes, the flash-forwards in the show seem to depict that Haruto's notion of the "curse" isn't entirely correct, or it wouldn't be referred to as a "blessing" by others in retrospect.

It's NEVER "selfless" to make decisions for other people, especially when the consequences of your actions affect them as well. I'm not saying that Haruto's INTENTIONS aren't good, but in the end it's the results of your actions that count and not your intentions.
Nov 7, 2013 2:12 PM
Aug 2012
killbethy said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

You got something wrong there............he didn't say he is the only person who can solve a certain problem. He did so that others wouldn't have a suffer like him. Yeah it's selflessness and you are being delusional here. He never said i can do this by myself did he? He always believes in L-Elf plan and acts according to it (other than the times he tries to protect his friends). Yeah is a selfless and suffering character...whether people see it or not..

Which is exactly the point. He has no right to decide what other people can handle, what information they should or should not know. The show even constantly shows that this is the wrong idea by how many times it's backfired on him... in spite of trying to be the "only" Valvrave pilot (sure, he says it's because of the curse, but again... he doesn't have the right to decide for other people what burdens they should take for themselves), all of the Valvraves have pilots now. Every time he has tried to act on his own, he has wound up creating problems that L-Elf normally needs to step in to solve. It's taken him over an entire season of the show to even depend on others A LITTLE. And for all intents and purposes, the flash-forwards in the show seem to depict that Haruto's notion of the "curse" isn't entirely correct, or it wouldn't be referred to as a "blessing" by others in retrospect.

It's NEVER "selfless" to make decisions for other people, especially when the consequences of your actions affect them as well. I'm not saying that Haruto's INTENTIONS aren't good, but in the end it's the results of your actions that count and not your intentions.

Pardon me but why are you deliberately forgetting the part about how L-Elf is the one who is controlling the information and blaming Haruto for that? Also why are you forgetting the fact that all VVV are run on the runes Haruto is forced to collect and one of the ace pilots blew up trying to pilot it in S1. It's a curse to him as he is forced to attack people several times. The VVV have pilots but they are still run on Haruto's runes. He is a kind-hearted person not some self-centered asshole you are trying to paint him as. He isn't deciding anything or neither gives himself importance. He is sacrificing himself for others if anything else. The flashbacks pretty much hints at that. (I will be glad if he survives though)

L-Elf has to step in..........oh boy. Who is the one who started all these in the first place? Since is using them to save his love/crush........it's his duty to step in. He got them involved in the first place with his revolution stuff. If there is anyone selfish it's him.

Nov 7, 2013 2:23 PM

Sep 2013
Dat discussion
Nov 7, 2013 2:26 PM

Jun 2013
Hmmm overall a good episode. But can't Haruto just absorb runes from other people in order to prevent his from running out? I know he wants to do the selfless thing and not hurt anyone, but if he rotates who he harvests from then he shouldn't do any long term damage?
Nov 7, 2013 3:20 PM

Jul 2008
Am I the only one who thinks that H-9 survived. We didn't see his face, the room was messy, the Magius are gone and Cain says they will need to restart the Ritual. I am betting my money that Royalists or someone else jumped in and saved the poor fetcher.
Nov 7, 2013 3:28 PM

Jul 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
L-Elf has to step in..........oh boy. Who is the one who started all these in the first place? Since is using them to save his love/crush........it's his duty to step in. He got them involved in the first place with his revolution stuff. If there is anyone selfish it's him.

I don't think L-Elf is any better... that's sort of why Haruto and L-Elf functionally combine to really make one character. Haruto approaches problems with his heart and is the emotional center of the show; L-Elf approaches problem with his head and is the logical center. It takes both of them to truly reach the best solutions, yet they are constantly fighting one another... the same way they both suppress the other halves of themselves that the other character embodies. Both of their stories are a bit tragic... together they can have a positive impact on other people, because once all is said and done their actions ultimately balance one another perfectly. However, only others get that benefit. Thinking fully with your heart or fully with your head will most likely ultimately lead to some sort of self-sacrifice on both of their parts even though their means of achieving it will be entirely different.
Nov 7, 2013 3:47 PM

May 2010
.................. sigh............... *insert BS* and keep going along.
Nov 7, 2013 4:10 PM

Dec 2012
ugh....
Nov 7, 2013 4:22 PM

Nov 2007
So the main guy can lead being an empty person like that girl. So OnoD's character is different inside? So Elf guy is not suitable for riding Valvrave judging from that girl soul inside Valvrave's food source.

Mamo's character short lived (in terms of appearance in TV series).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 7, 2013 4:32 PM

May 2012
GARuto literally kicks a volano.

Thank you based Sunrise.

Also, was is Saki unable to return to her body and where is that body in the first place? I guess they intentionally have never shown us how they go about returning to their bodies, although we do know that they can return whenever they want—maybe it requires both bodies to be in the same location or something.
yuridiceNov 7, 2013 4:49 PM

[color=#f3e7dd]join the quietly discursive at quiet discourse
Nov 7, 2013 5:40 PM

Jun 2007
twerk_it said:
Also, was is Saki unable to return to her body and where is that body in the first place? I guess they intentionally have never shown us how they go about returning to their bodies, although we do know that they can return whenever they want—maybe it requires both bodies to be in the same location or something.

They showed us in episode 2, first season. You change back to your own body the same way you left it: body jacking. So the million dollar question is...where is her original body?

Regarding Saki, I seem to remember in the previews for the second season (back at the end of the first season) seeing Saki in her own body meeting up with Cain.
Nov 7, 2013 5:54 PM

Jan 2009
R.I.P. H-Neun but i think he survived
and L-Elf is not compatible to pilot a valvrave what a shame
Nov 7, 2013 5:55 PM

Aug 2012
That was certainly the most emotion we've seen from L-Elf. I'm glad Haruto decided to fight at the end, but it does seem like he has to reestablish his resolve quite often. I understand he's the only one of them that knows their imminent fate, but at some point he's gotta just press on regardless. Hopefully now he will.

Too bad about H-neun, he was my favorite of the group.
TheTsunami said:

Regarding Saki, I seem to remember in the previews for the second season (back at the end of the first season) seeing Saki in her own body meeting up with Cain.

Maybe her body will get body-jacked for a while, hard to think of another reason she'd be casually meeting with Cain.
Nov 7, 2013 6:10 PM

Sep 2012
oh. my. Valvrave! that was a perfect episode! absolutely amazing.

I too think H9 survived. usually in an anime, if they do not show the body, it means they're still alive.

Haruto owned up like a badass this episode. that nightmare he had in the beginning of the episode was really intense.

not enough Akira! >.<

I have this feeling that once they learn more they'll figure a way around the Valvrave Avatar eating you to death. it seems Haruto might be dead in the future but his consciousness still lives...could be hopeful thinking.

ThangLong said:
Maybe we will see the last Valvrave Unit revealed there.
I thought Akira got the last Valvrave unit?
Compl3teNov 7, 2013 6:15 PM
Nov 7, 2013 6:18 PM

Nov 2012
A-drei=former royalty?

Dorssian are harvesting runes!

X-eins' body is going to be a vessel for the Magius.

Hmm,H-neun was supposedly killed,but I think he survived.

Satomi is going to eventually pilot one of the valvraves and become immortal too.Thus explaining why he's in the timeskip.

For the first time some emotions from L-elf,who unfortunately can't pilot a valvrave thus feels useless since he can't save Lieselotte.

And a Magius ship heading to earth...
Nov 7, 2013 6:21 PM

Jun 2007
VanishingKira said:
And a Magius ship heading to earth...

That didn't look like Earth it was heading to...maybe...the moon. *dun dun dunnnnnn*
Nov 7, 2013 6:30 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That sucks. Haruto doesn't want the power because he's afraid of becoming like Marie, but L-elf wants the power and would be willing to sacrifice himself for his goal yet can't even do it. At least what L-elf said woke Haruto up. Haruto doesn't want anyone else to shoulder such burdens or go through what he has to because he assumes that everyone wouldn't want to go through with being a kamitsuki (which is correct, I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't), but there are always others who would be willing and who wants to have the power to protect their friends and families or whatever other they have. Anyways, L-elf does know how Haruto feels (I guess) because isn't he also losing "runes" or his memories whenever Haruto feeds/body-jacks him? Unless I was watching the convo between L-elf and Pino wrongly...

Finally we get to see Liselotte. I was just thinking how it's almost half way through the season and we still don't know much about her or why L-elf wants to destroy Dorsia so badly.
Nov 7, 2013 6:31 PM

Jul 2012
Haruto has finally maned up to the challenge.

Great episode!!!
Nov 7, 2013 7:04 PM

Jul 2010
Awww so Marie is dead ... T^T
I thought she would live through it ,amnesia- ish( wrong)
Haruto loses his senses and is scared
Poor H-neun he was right there too know the truth
Ahhhhhhhh so mad ,but I bet he is alive

tingy said:
That sucks. Haruto doesn't want the power because he's afraid of becoming like Marie, but L-elf wants the power and would be willing to sacrifice himself for his goal yet can't even do it. At least what L-elf said woke Haruto up. Haruto doesn't want anyone else to shoulder such burdens or go through what he has to because he assumes that everyone wouldn't want to go through with being a kamitsuki (which is correct, I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't), but there are always others who would be willing and who wants to have the power to protect their friends and families or whatever other they have. Anyways, L-elf does know how Haruto feels (I guess) because isn't he also losing "runes" or his memories whenever Haruto feeds/body-jacks him? Unless I was watching the convo between L-elf and Pino wrongly...

Finally we get to see Liselotte. I was just thinking how it's almost half way through the season and we still don't know much about her or why L-elf wants to destroy Dorsia so badly.

L-elf doesn't seem to be loosing his memory though( thank god he isn't )

Mod Edit: double post merged.
ThangLongNov 8, 2013 12:19 PM
Nov 7, 2013 9:11 PM

Mar 2012
"This curse belongs to me and no one!"
"Prepare yourself then. I'm going to use you until you burn out."

Man, either whoever did the English subs is trolling, or Valvrave just likes to tease bromance every now and then. That serious moment legitimately made me lol.

They followed up the last episode with a pretty good one. I'm impressed. And everything does seem to be coming together now. The group Magius seems to be intent on taking over Dorssia by usurping bodies. Or maybe this is just a way for them to extend their lives. In any case, it looks more and more likely that Valvrave was developed precisely to counter the Magius. If we assume that, then someone in JIOR -- Haruto's father perhaps -- would have to have known about them. Perhaps the title of the next episode, something about a father's wish, means we'll see some history of Valvrave's development.

Another thought: clearly, Haruto and his crew will succeed in the end as they create a new empire. But Haruto never makes an appearance 200 years later. Chances are he never gets to pilot VVV1 for that long, even if other people share the burden with him from time to time (and judging from this episode he's not going to hand the duty off either). Could it be that he's basically become incapacitated or died by that point? That'd also explain why the prince we saw earlier seems to be L-Elf's child...
Nov 7, 2013 9:58 PM

Jul 2008
If L-elf can pilot a valvrave then there's no challenge left :P H-neun looks like he died but it remains to be seen. I doubt X-eins will die easily either.
Nov 7, 2013 10:07 PM

Sep 2013
Allot happened this episode to bad H-neun died and I'm curious about who is controlling Cain and this ritual stuff.
Nov 7, 2013 10:11 PM

Mar 2012
Why didn't Q-Vier the one who die? He is the one deserve to die the most out of the four.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 7, 2013 11:21 PM

Jul 2009
i was hoping that s1 was gonna be all the melodrama and s2 will be badass tactics, non stop pumping action but nope... i just get s1 v2.
Nov 7, 2013 11:24 PM

Sep 2012
H-neun died...?
L-elf is showing some emotions now.
Nov 8, 2013 12:55 AM
Aug 2009
I think H-neun lived... no body and the ceremony was stopped, I think that woman saved him, cause I remember he touched one of his earrings when he found out cain knew about him.
Nov 8, 2013 1:31 AM

Feb 2013
I think L-elf WILL become a pilot...just not of a Valvrave controlled by Pino. It's Pino's taste in people that's preventing him. There's nothing that says her brother, Prue, has the same tastes...

Remember they are referred to in the future as the Golden 7. This means VVV2 has to come to their side eventually, and there also one more out there. This means we have 2 more main pilots left. My bets are on L-elf and one of the other Dorssian boys.
Nov 8, 2013 1:57 AM
Nov 2013
I don't understand why they just didn't take all those tanks of ruins from the phantom, couldn't they be used as a power source at least temporarily?
Nov 8, 2013 2:48 AM

Mar 2012
iunno said:
I don't understand why they just didn't take all those tanks of ruins from the phantom, couldn't they be used as a power source at least temporarily?

I'm thinking that they wasted the runes. They could've used it instead. But hmmm, Haruto will feel guilty so never mind.
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG : http://shiizumi.wordpress.com/
Nov 8, 2013 3:19 AM

Jan 2013
Hmm. Good ep. I wonder what happened in that room with cain.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Nov 8, 2013 3:30 AM

Oct 2011
RIP H-Neun :(

I still don't like L-elf's plan no matter how rational it is. :/ sucks to be them.
Nov 8, 2013 8:09 AM
Feb 2008
+ Lot's of Miyano Mamoru this episode <3
- H9 is dead so no more Miyano-san from now on T.T
Nov 8, 2013 9:31 AM

Sep 2012
Another decent episode. Pacing is good, and the tension is everywhere, and the multiple lines of story are handled well and clear with some mysteries answered but more are revealed.

The one thing I particularly love is the confrontation between Haruto and L-Elf. Haruto by himself will look too much like the usual robot anime MC who gets angst, timid or indecisive and here L-Elf provides a very good foil. His method may be calculating or even cold-blooded but he is also clear about the cost-benefit choice and his goal. And the best part is when Haruto lashed out about his fear of piloting Valvrave and having his runes consumed, L-Elf counters with his deep disappointment and frustration that he could not *even* pilot one even though he would like to do so so much (not no one should still predict he will be one of the pilots I guess). And this drove Haruto with renewed sense of mission and commitment.

At first I really thought that Satoshi would become a pilot, because we have seen him still living after 200 years, but it turned out he didn't !! I guess the writer was really trolling us here. Now I wonder if Satoshi will ever pilot a Valvrave, or perhaps he became a Magius by some other means?

Now come to think of it, I have a stronger and stronger feeling that perhaps all the main characters may die, and only those who are revealed to be still living 200 years later survived. The first emperor of the new empire may not even be one from the main cast - perhaps instead of emperor we'd have Empress Lieselotte, sitting on the throne bearing the child she bore with L-Elf. I also have a feeling that despite turning into a Magius, Haruto will not survive, and I think it is Haruto that Saki was referring to when she first appeared 200 years later.

And the direction of the show also seems to be getting clearer. The native Magius seem to be some alien with this rune/Valvrave technology, and it has now taken over Dorussia, and to keep their body perpetually young they need sacrifice in the form of a young body and lots of runes. The ultimate enemy is now Magius and it seems that it will be confronted by an alliance of neo-Jior (those students) and the old imperial forces in Dorussia.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 8, 2013 11:34 AM

Jul 2010
WHAT A TWIIIIIIIIIST!

Btw, nice OST.
Nov 8, 2013 1:51 PM

Dec 2012
Compl3te said:
ThangLong said:
Maybe we will see the last Valvrave Unit revealed there.
I thought Akira got the last Valvrave unit?

Future Saki mentioned the Golden Seven in the time skip. Counting all the student's Valvrave and Unit 2 under Cain's command, we only have six of them currently revealed. That leaves the possibility of the seventh Valvrave which would either be hidden somewhere in Module 77, or be built in the future.

symbv said:
The one thing I particularly love is the confrontation between Haruto and L-Elf. Haruto by himself will look too much like the usual robot anime MC who gets angst, timid or indecisive and here L-Elf provides a very good foil. His method may be calculating or even cold-blooded but he is also clear about the cost-benefit choice and his goal

L-elf is cold-blooded and calculated to a fault. I still remember the scene in episode 16 where he let Haruto know that Marie is piloting Unit 1. L-elf basically waved his gun with an expression that said "She is Valvrave original pilot and she will lose her memory or die to get us out of here, durrr... Who cares, let's go finish the mission, Haruto." However, L-elf's extreme indifference is quite endearing to some people. They even joke that he has autism. In that aspect, L-elf is quite similar to Makisima from Psycho-Pass, but I can never find the latter's madness to be something endearing.

The reason for that feeling is probably the viewer's acknowledgment, or rather, hope that L-elf is hot-blooded for one person (Lieselotte) and one mission (Dorssia revolution/revenge on Cain) only. L-elf's autism is also why teasing him with Shouko is so fun. Shouko has been known for cracking the toughest of shells; and L-elf is the toughest shell there is.

I think people still speculate the L-elf would be able to pilot Valvrave in the future based on the ED's picture of him in a cockpit. But I think it's unlikely that he can do so. The writers explicitly put in the rule that L-elf cannot pilot to make the struggle of Jior's young pilots workable in the story. If L-elf can pilot, his hax skills mean that anyone besides Cain would be wiped out. Back in S1, he used a mere fighter aircraft to kamikaze a battleship! Imagine what he can do with Unit 1 :D

symbv said:
Now come to think of it, I have a stronger and stronger feeling that perhaps all the main characters may die, and only those who are revealed to be still living 200 years later survived. The first emperor of the new empire may not even be one from the main cast - perhaps instead of emperor we'd have Empress Lieselotte, sitting on the throne bearing the child she bore with L-Elf. I also have a feeling that despite turning into a Magius, Haruto will not survive, and I think it is Haruto that Saki was referring to when she first appeared 200 years later.

I think we can put Akira in the list of survivors. In the time skip, Satomi mentioned Ms. Renbokouji as the boy's godmother. Of course, someone can be married to Satomi, but his mannerism there did not seem like he was talking about his wife.

At this point, it should be safe to predict the boy is L-elf's descendant. The prominent white hair feature is a giveaway (some people speculate A-Drei but he is not a main character or important enough to warrant such focus). The question remains on who would be the other partner.

Haruto gets enough death flags to be in the bitter-sweet ending route. But I think Haruto would be in a comma, or missing in action rather than a clear death. I have a feeling that Haruto would become another Pino, eternally trapped in the Valvrave machine as its host.

symbv said:
And the direction of the show also seems to be getting clearer. The native Magius seem to be some alien with this rune/Valvrave technology, and it has now taken over Dorussia, and to keep their body perpetually young they need sacrifice in the form of a young body and lots of runes. The ultimate enemy is now Magius and it seems that it will be confronted by an alliance of neo-Jior (those students) and the old imperial forces in Dorussia.

No matter how awesome the Magius look, they don't even possess the technology as capable as Valvrave. They probably haven't thought about using runes, their food source, as an energy for fighting machines before. Harutos dad knows something they don't.

It also stems the question on Pino and Prue's origin. Where are their real bodies? Are they the original Magius, the "original pair" as Cain put it? Maybe the first Magius on Earth has been assimilated into human society for too long that they can't retain their original power. Thus, Pino and Prue would probably be the only real Aliens arriving directly from their home planet. Btw, I think the Magius species is in some kind of crisis. Their persistence in getting the Valvrave might not be for the machines, but Pino and Prue.
ThangLongNov 8, 2013 1:57 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2013

474 by valoon »»
Nov 27, 2023 7:19 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

336 by AZakuII »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:31 PM

» The Child's parent is (spoilers)

Renaultclio101 - Jan 9, 2014

40 by silenceblade »»
Sep 15, 2022 7:47 AM

» Is Kakumeiki Valvrave gonna have a 3rd season?

stanklem28 - Dec 21, 2013

14 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:52 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

128 by VirginAmirul »»
Mar 29, 2021 8:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.