Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 2, 2013 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dem promises~

Decent OST this episode. Touma was pretty pissed this episode. Better give her what she wants back.
Nov 2, 2013 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
Hmm I love the ost, but still dont understand that toothbrush thingy
Nov 2, 2013 11:43 AM

Jul 2012
GGNoodles said:

I didn't understand it after last episode, but now I do. Kitahara and Touma didn't tell Ogiso that he had been staying over night at her house to practice (I thought she knew) so when she saw his toothbrush there she figured it out.
Nov 2, 2013 11:58 AM

Aug 2010
That was interesting. Drama was much less than I thought. Which is good ^^

Never thought Kazusa would do sth like that O_O! XD
But it's actually refreshing for her type of character.
Usually this type would be the know it all do it all genius.
So to see her being a genius only in Music and stupid in anything else is nice.

Setsuna and Haruki's conversation on the phone was really nice. Loved How Setsuna was embarrassed in bed thinking "I just seem like some jealous girl like this" XD...She was cute there.
The promise Haruki made will probably come back to haunt him later though. A girl could definitely misunderstand that <_<

Then the ending happens! I wonder if it's only fatigue or something more serious?
Anyway look at the bright side. At least the coffee didn't get spilled on the music sheets XD
Nov 2, 2013 12:14 PM

May 2013
Looks like Touma overexerted herself at the end. Hope that she will be okay.
Nov 2, 2013 12:41 PM

Jan 2011
Continues to be good.

My favorite part was their phone conversation : )
Nov 2, 2013 12:47 PM
Apr 2013
The biggest test of White Album 2 was seeing how they handle the classic misunderstanding and they did so excellently. That cliffhanger ending though... Completely took me by surprise.
Nov 2, 2013 12:47 PM

Aug 2011
I love all the characters in this show someone help. I'm rooting for Setsuna but I like Touma too @__@
Nov 2, 2013 12:49 PM
Dec 2012
Ogiso was nosey as is often the case with girls of Japanese anime, but glad she didn't go obnoxious: she seems a good girl. (I slightly expected her to turn into Black Ogiso though.) Her room was girlish as expected. I'm curious to see Touma's room. Guess it's austere. I don't wanna see stuffed animals in her room. Wonder whether or not Touma loves Kitahara at this point. I like her cool and stoic attitude. She didn't seem to mind Ogiso falling for Kitahara, yet she minded what their teacher did to his notebook. Her attitude to the teacher was surprising. Nice to see this type of female character other than Nakamura of Aku no Hana and Nadeko of Monogatari. What happened to Touma at the end? Hope just fatigue.
Nov 2, 2013 1:15 PM

Jul 2009
i love how they didnt make it melodramatic. everything turned out nicely. but inb4 woman comes to woman's house demanding her man or her money...
Nov 2, 2013 1:22 PM
Aug 2011
After watching this episode, i think WA2 is a valid candidate to become one of the best romance series out there.

One thing that differentiates it from the others is that, typically, one girl of a love triangle is always more appealing in some ways than the other one, but i'm actually rooting for both Setsuna and Touma for the first time!

I think the way they solved that misunderstanding was great, i'm really looking forward for the next episodes!

(I totally didn't expect Touma to go mad like that at her teacher, this show continues to surprise me :D)
Nov 2, 2013 1:40 PM

Aug 2012
What a character study this episode was.

Ogiso is pretty possessive. At the overpass, I felt as though she was really forcing herself to think of Kitahara like he's nothing special. She's been doing that 'forced self-persuasion' since her talk with Touma in the coffee shop.

And the part when she greeted Kitahara at school, where she makes Kitahara greet her louder and louder. I wouldn't be surprised if she's making a statement to the student body that 'Kitahara is hers now. Everyone else back off.'

Since we don't fully understand Touma, it's easy to see how her running away was a bit too dramatic, but I believe that that part was an essential trait of her character, and I'm sure that moment has more depth than just an impulsive action by Touma.

Great episode.
Nov 2, 2013 1:49 PM

Oct 2013
I ran off after arguing with a male teacher, too in the middle of the class before. Hmm, it just happened, not just in anime.

I like Touma. Rooting for her.
Nov 2, 2013 2:06 PM

Apr 2012
Oh, the tears, they are so bitter.
Dies Irae! :)
Nov 2, 2013 2:57 PM
Mar 2012
Well, we all know what's going to happen next
Nov 2, 2013 4:39 PM
Oct 2011
Anyone knows if this one will have 2 seasons? Because I really think 13 episodes won't be enough to fit at least one end route in WA2: closing chapter.

Good episode as always by the way!
Nov 2, 2013 4:42 PM
Apr 2013
clannadkanon said:
Anyone knows if this one will have 2 seasons? Because I really think 13 episodes won't be enough to fit at least one end route in WA2: closing chapter.

My understanding was this season was simply doing the introductory chapter. Was I wrong? Mind you, I haven't played the VN.
Nov 2, 2013 6:15 PM

Feb 2012
One of the best seriously-atmosphered romance title
Nov 2, 2013 6:48 PM
Oct 2013
hyperfire said:
clannadkanon said:

It's only going to be the Introductory Route for the reason you said.
Cant wait as it pales in comparison to Closing Chapter and Coda. That's where the masterful writing was in the VN.

I don't know... Even though i feel that Closing Chapter is good, i still like Introductory Chapter more.

My ranking is
Coda > Introductory Route > Closing Chapter

Coda is seriously one of the best thing i ever read in my entire life.

On topic, I like this episode. It explore more of Setsuna's character. I'm still on the side of Touma though. =P
Nov 2, 2013 7:37 PM

Nov 2009
therandomestguy said:
GGNoodles said:

I didn't understand it after last episode, but now I do. Kitahara and Touma didn't tell Ogiso that he had been staying over night at her house to practice (I thought she knew) so when she saw his toothbrush there she figured it out.

Another aspect is that, with them staying over without telling her, she felt like she was the left out person. I can sorta understand that feelings. (when a friend you consider to be your best friend, playing with another and become close, you should feel jealous too)

burnemathras said:
After watching this episode, i think WA2 is a valid candidate to become one of the best romance series out there.

One thing that differentiates it from the others is that, typically, one girl of a love triangle is always more appealing in some ways than the other one, but i'm actually rooting for both Setsuna and Touma for the first time!

Completely agree with this, the char developments are carefully handled that you have to come to like both of the main female character. I mean they both have their cute side and personality, which makes them stand out at the same time. It's not like one overtakes the other, but they share their spotlight with another.
Takana_no_HanaNov 2, 2013 7:42 PM
Nov 2, 2013 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
Haha, the school is quite lenient on Touma for doing that.

off topic
traveller917 said:

My ranking is: Coda > Introductory Route > Closing Chapter

Funny how I see the opposite, CC>Coda>IC for me. But really, WA2's story is worse than mediocre, maybe not even half as good as some of those korean drama you regularly see on tv.
Nov 2, 2013 9:24 PM

Feb 2009
Yep, still great.

Setsuna is seriously possessive. Not a fan. Touma all the way. I also agree that the MC telling Setsuna he'll never leave her will come back to bite him in the ass.

Looking forward to shit getting real after the festival, I anticipate that's where a lot of the drama this season comes from.
Nov 2, 2013 10:01 PM
Apr 2011
edwd2 said:

off topic
traveller917 said:

Funny how I see the opposite, CC>Coda>IC for me. But really, WA2's story is worse than mediocre, maybe not even half as good as some of those korean drama you regularly see on tv.

Well, her mother is a major sponsor of the school....

Off topic:
May I ask which Romance anime/VN is way better than WA2?

IMO, I rather watch typical harems than typical Korean Dramas....Those drama always harp on the same sh1t over and over again and it is frustrating. There are good korean dramas though(rare).
Nov 2, 2013 10:08 PM

Aug 2012
edwd2 said:
But really, WA2's story is worse than mediocre, maybe not even half as good as some of those korean drama you regularly see on tv.

If I ever start watching Korean dramas, they better be at a Godly Standard that you're making them out to be.
Nov 2, 2013 10:51 PM

Dec 2008
firezero10 said:

Off topic:

Normally I would not rely on something's ratings in order to judge the quality of the material BUT WA2 would probably be the special case. Like steins;gate, Clannad, or hell even ever 17 are generally agreed upon to be rather good games despite someone's taste. That is in a professional sense you can tell the work that was put into it and the overall 'expression' or theme its trying to present. Whether or not the romantic plot is mediocre should not be the focus, but how it is executed. If something becomes a Kamige or god game then most likely it has something about it that is greatly appealing or its doing something right. So try it out, but I doubt you will find much better than WA2
Nov 2, 2013 11:01 PM

Mar 2012
Again, the character interactions in this series are pretty superb. The relationship between Kitahara and Ogiso is also developing very nicely without relying on excessive cliches. Not much to say other than really looking forward to the next episode with Kazusa falling ill -- I suppose someone will have to take care of her, and it's probably going to be Kitahara. Triangle: begin.
Nov 2, 2013 11:17 PM

Mar 2012
Beaver897 said:
edwd2 said:
But really, WA2's story is worse than mediocre, maybe not even half as good as some of those korean drama you regularly see on tv.

If I ever start watching Korean dramas, they better be at a Godly Standard that you're making them out to be.

Prepare to be disappointed.

It's MAL. It seems like every time someone brags something up and you watch it, it ends up being a colossal disappointment and you wonder why the person that recommended it enjoyed it in the first place.

I've seen a few Korean dramas. He's embellishing a bit.
Nov 2, 2013 11:30 PM

Oct 2013
This anime is amazing, I love it!
fabulous episode, that reconciliation but ... What will happen to Touma?
Damn, I have to wait a week D:

Nov 2, 2013 11:39 PM
Apr 2011
tysonultima said:
firezero10 said:

Off topic:

Normally I would not rely on something's ratings in order to judge the quality of the material BUT WA2 would probably be the special case. Like steins;gate, Clannad, or hell even ever 17 are generally agreed upon to be rather good games despite someone's taste. That is in a professional sense you can tell the work that was put into it and the overall 'expression' or theme its trying to present. Whether or not the romantic plot is mediocre should not be the focus, but how it is executed. If something becomes a Kamige or god game then most likely it has something about it that is greatly appealing or its doing something right. So try it out, but I doubt you will find much better than WA2

Erm, I am just trying to ask edwd2 why he rate WA2 in such a manner. I have already completed WA2 VN(Not all routes though) and is appalled by his comment as I felt that it is excellent. I would say even without bias, WA2 should at least be "rather decent" and not mediocre.

Anyways, it just my opinion and hope I do not offend anybody.
Nov 3, 2013 12:23 AM

Dec 2011
There it is, the heroine gets sick. I can't wait to see if she how she will pull through.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2013 1:21 AM
Oct 2013
edwd2 said:

off topic
traveller917 said:

Hmm. I didn't watch much romance usually so I may be a bit bias toward WA2 since it's the best out of everything I've seen. But i'm pretty sure it's definitely not worse then mediocre.
But hey, it's your opinion.
Nov 3, 2013 1:23 AM

Jun 2008
tysonultima said:
If something becomes a Kamige or god game then most likely it has something about it that is greatly appealing or its doing something right.

Yes, "You don't simply get to be called a Kamige".
I doubt any other Romance/Drama can be on par with White Album 2. And seriously Korean Dramas...lol

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 3, 2013 1:47 AM

Apr 2012
kaimax said:
tysonultima said:
If something becomes a Kamige or god game then most likely it has something about it that is greatly appealing or its doing something right.

Yes, "You don't simply get to be called a Kamige".
I doubt any other Romance/Drama can be on par with White Album 2. And seriously Korean Dramas...lol

I have completed quite a few VN/ Eroge rated >90 in Erogamescape and WA 2 is probably the best one I have finished by far.
Dies Irae! :)
Nov 3, 2013 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
What's with all these mean replies here. Don't mind what I said, I was drunk this morning.
We can argue in a separate thread but now, back to episode 5 discussion.
Nov 3, 2013 4:45 AM

Mar 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
therandomestguy said:
GGNoodles said:

Another aspect is that, with them staying over without telling her, she felt like she was the left out person. I can sorta understand that feelings. (when a friend you consider to be your best friend, playing with another and become close, you should feel jealous too)

burnemathras said:

Completely agree with this, the char developments are carefully handled that you have to come to like both of the main female character. I mean they both have their cute side and personality, which makes them stand out at the same time. It's not like one overtakes the other, but they share their spotlight with another.

Hmm, i think Setsuna like that, because of the trauma she has. In middle school, she has a lot of friends. But after some guy confess his love to setsuna, her friends began to avoid her and leave her.
That's why when Touma and Haruki staying together, and did not tell Setsuna about this, she feels that once again, her friends begin to treat her like an outsider. (it is not spolier as this episode tell you about this).

Although.. it is very clear that that just not the issue here. Her love for Haruki play a big role here.

But, a little dissapointed here when Setsuna and Haruki talk in the phone.. In VN, when Haruki told Setsuna to cut off the phone, Setsuna told haruki that she will cut off the phone after Haruki call her 'Setsuna' in the phone. Haruki, did that. And right after Haruki did that, Setsuna cut off the phone without saying anything. And Haruki dumbfounded here. As she really cut the phone right after Haruki call her 'Setsuna' in the phone. I think, that joke was very refreshing. But, the anime.. didn't do that.

Well, despite that White Album 2 is a great romance anime. For me, this is the best romance anime in this season.
Nov 3, 2013 6:37 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Glad to know the misunderstandings were cleared. Setsuna seeing the toothbrush was thinking Touma and Haruki had something going on, and she felt left out. She had just overcome her dilemma of being lonely after that ordeal she had in middle school. Let's not forget Setsuna's friends avoided her when that one baka jerk confessed to Setsuna. She goes to high school thinking everything will change for the better, which it does when she meets Haruki and Touma whom love her for who she is. Then when staying over at Touma's place she sees the extra toothbrush and Setsuna thinks it's happening again that Touma and Haruki just played with her feelings, and she gets that lonely feeling as she walks home.

However, as you can see Setsuna a while later after the promise Haruki made of never leaving her she puts two stuffed animals next to each other. That symbolizes she no longer feels lonely, and she can move on leaving her negative experiences behind. I was hoping Haruki would maybe give her a hug and explain everything before she got on the train. That's just me.

The ending of this episode caught me off guard. I expected a preview of next episode, but I get a bittersweet episode after Touma falls to the ground after finishing her song I suppose. I really hope it's just fatigue, and not like an illness.

Nov 3, 2013 6:41 AM

Oct 2011
The club got closer !!! : )
Nov 3, 2013 7:59 AM

Jun 2009
The way this episode was handled, with the characters actually explaining themselves to one another and not only clearing away the misunderstandings, but bonding more as a result....sublime. Really liked the phone conversation scene, not just for the dialogue but little things like how, when Setsuna fell out of her bed, they showed one of her dolls falling instead.

Also, Touma's blow up sure was interesting. It seems she did the same with Haruki before, as his brief flashback and attempt to stop her indicate. Also, the three of them skipping class together was pretty heartwarming as well. Some real chemistry between these three characters which, from my experience with anime, is pretty rare.

Beaver897 said:
edwd2 said:

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 3, 2013 9:24 AM

Jul 2012
Really good cinematography and directing in the beginning when they were talking on the bridge. If only Nodame Cantabile had this animation and top notch quality... Also, phone scene was nice. Still, Setsuna reminds me of Orihime (Bleach) so much but a bit different in terms of pushiness.
Nov 3, 2013 10:01 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode. I love it.
This is my favorite type of romance drama. Great character interactions all around
Nov 3, 2013 10:09 AM

Jun 2008
edwd2 said:
What's with all these mean replies here. Don't mind what I said, I was drunk this morning.

Pretty much you reap what you sow there... >_>

Nov 3, 2013 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
alexpte said:
Well, we all know what's going to happen next

Enuff said.
Nov 4, 2013 1:39 AM

Nov 2012
Wow already the best or 1 of the best love triangle series ever (anohana/true tears might be considered love triangles at least for me) and potential to be 1 of the g
elites in romance up there with bokura ga ita, kare kano, itazura na kiss.... still too early to put it anywhere near Clannad tho but lets see
Nov 4, 2013 6:17 PM

Nov 2009
GenuineAnime said:
Wow already the best or 1 of the best love triangle series ever (anohana/true tears might be considered love triangles at least for me) and potential to be 1 of the g
elites in romance up there with bokura ga ita, kare kano, itazura na kiss.... still too early to put it anywhere near Clannad tho but lets see

It has the potential to be good as Toradora, spice and wolf and such, it's better than true tears, ano natsu and lots of romance stuff out there.
Let's just keep watching where the story will go. Personally I think its too soon to compare great titles like Ef or Clannad.
Nov 4, 2013 6:21 PM

Jun 2012
What Haruki really said when he made that promise:

Setsuna, I'm going to dig myself a bottomless pit that I can easily fall into
Nov 4, 2013 7:20 PM

Jul 2013
I love the twists of the story much better than the game I now prefer the anime. :)
"Google is your friend.."
Nov 5, 2013 12:34 AM

Jun 2008
GenuineAnime said:
still too early to put it anywhere near Clannad tho but lets see

Clannad is more sad drama then just "romance" drama though, So it's very a different Genre.
You don't need to put White Album 2 near Clannad because it's on another pedestal.

Nov 5, 2013 1:30 PM

Nov 2012
Wow, was a really good episode, want to have the live over so I can see how their relationships will go after this.

Nov 6, 2013 1:33 AM

Sep 2012
This is that woman's house

LOL !!

Who would have thought a White Album2 parody will make its way to the official franchise of White Album2 as a password (and teaching material) in the anime??

LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 6, 2013 9:20 AM

Jan 2008
I don't know what it is with this series but it feels so refreshing to watch. *_* It has been too long since I last watched a good romance.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.