Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2013 7:45 AM
Jun 2013
DeathDoUsPart said:
Ol-Hybrius said:
Just finished ! The animation is definitivly better than season one's. And the tone is more serious also, nothing bad to say about OP and ED too.

The episode still feels a bit "quick" to me (RIP Door-kun), and I'm confused with the flashbacks at the end. If Riki and Kurugaya have already been together, did this mean that Riki is reviving the routes again and again (while it was only once for each in the VN) ?

Anyway, that was more than satisfaying. But I'm still worried, not about the animation anymore, but about some rush. Wait and see. ;)

Hope you enjoyed that guest-pass :P, sadly cant get another for next week :( anyway, we still dnt knw how many episodes we going to get out of refrain.. 13... 24... or even 26.. im just scared to see them finally announce it :(, and maybe they rushing kurugaya's route to finally get into Rin/Refrain routes.

It was very nice bro' ! Arigatou gozaimashita ! *bow*

Anyway, JC Staff, stop making us suffering and annouce the amount of episode pleaaase ! x)
Oct 5, 2013 7:48 AM

Aug 2012
Ol-Hybrius said:
Just finished ! The animation is definitivly better than season one's. And the tone is more serious also, nothing bad to say about OP and ED too.

The episode still feels a bit "quick" to me (RIP Door-kun), and I'm confused with the flashbacks at the end. If Riki and Kurugaya have already been together, did this mean that Riki is reviving the routes again and again (while it was only once for each in the VN) ?

Anyway, that was more than satisfaying. But I'm still worried, not about the animation anymore, but about some rush. Wait and see. ;)

I don't care if they rush Anego's route (which reminds me, it is actually pretty short in the VN) as long as they take their sweet time in Rin's route and Refrain. Despite the rush, it was actually pretty good, I hope that they will give us this quality episodes on a consistent basis. I honestly can't see this getting cramped in 1 cour.
Oct 5, 2013 7:49 AM

May 2013
Drama already, nice. Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 5, 2013 7:49 AM

Aug 2010
WOAH WOAH WOAH!!...DEM FEELS right there TT__TT

So that's the way they're gonna do this?

The first half was so much fun :D...Smiling throughout.

Then the second half with Kurugaya's anger, how she blew the door away and her face when scaring those 2 away was DAMN EPIC!!! The emotions were conveyed perfectly!!

Loved the OP...ALL DAT FORESHADOWING!!
And the ED was really beautiful :*) Kengo and Komari wearing the Uniform looks soo good :D

Thank u JC!! PLZ KEEP THIS UP!!! >_<

So I wonder how many eps they're gonna spend on the Kurugaya route?
Barion-ZaraOct 5, 2013 7:54 AM
Oct 5, 2013 7:52 AM

Aug 2012
Barion-Zara said:

Seems like in 3 episodes
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=669379
Oct 5, 2013 7:52 AM

Jul 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=672025&show=80#Cq1VGACYeKFeQUCQ.99
prolly 3
Edit: oh, apparently that's confirmed
Oct 5, 2013 7:53 AM

Mar 2013
wow that was a awesome start, Kurugaya soooo badass

Aug 2011
egnaro315 said:
ExakaTeddy said:
I noticed that in the ED song, in front of Kyousuke there is a stick looking object. At first I thought that it was some sort of baseball bat, but when i looked at it again, Kyousuke's hands/arms look as if they are by his side. Does anyone have any ideas as to what that is?

I'm pretty sure its a baseball bat

its a diploma. looks like the ed is his graduation day
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.

Sep 2013
Zestian said:
Romance confirmed or not? o.o

We can only hope.. right? :) RinxRiki please.
Oct 5, 2013 7:54 AM

Aug 2010
julyan04 said:
Barion-Zara said:

Seems like in 3 episodes
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=669379

Thnx!! :D
Really excited to see how they do this. I don't think romance is 100% discarded yet! >_<
Oct 5, 2013 7:55 AM
Jun 2013
julyan04 said:
Ol-Hybrius said:

I don't care if they rush Anego's route (which reminds me, it is actually pretty short in the VN) as long as they take their sweet time in Rin's route and Refrain. Despite the rush, it was actually pretty good, I hope that they will give us this quality episodes on a consistent basis. I honestly can't see this getting cramped in 1 cour.

Don't mind either (sorry Anego... wait wait WAIT don't touch the door.. Anego noooooooooooo *BAMA*), but if they keep rushing the show...

Anyway, it's no time to complain for now, but to enjoy ! Maybe we should celebrate it with a pancake party ?
Oct 5, 2013 7:56 AM

Sep 2012
Only quality in episode
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s569/egnaro315/Ohys-RawsLittleBustersRefrain-01AT-XHD1280x720x264AACmp4_snapshot_1828_20131006_005437_zps873e0b0a.jpg

Funya-Usagi said:

oh yeah my bad, it looks a lot like a baseball bat though.

Kengo and his MEN! lmao
egnaro15Oct 5, 2013 7:59 AM
Oct 5, 2013 8:01 AM

Feb 2012
egnaro315 said:
Only quality in episode
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s569/egnaro315/Ohys-RawsLittleBustersRefrain-01AT-XHD1280x720x264AACmp4_snapshot_1828_20131006_005437_zps873e0b0a.jpg

Funya-Usagi said:

oh yeah my bad, it looks a lot like a baseball bat though.

Kengo and his MEN! lmao

Kud looks like monster that is only hair, and Komari is an alien. and i just realised now, after so long with the series, that komari has an ahoge o-o
Oct 5, 2013 8:13 AM

Aug 2010
Hype Hype Hype!!! XD

It hasn't been subbed for an hour and we've already almost passed 6 pages XD
Barion-ZaraOct 5, 2013 8:28 AM
Oct 5, 2013 8:14 AM

Oct 2011
that was fast and pretty - it seemed they improved a bit visuals. I can't say I liked the OP but well it can be.

now for the "fast" part... already going with Anego arc is strange. It's pretty spoilerific (but there is enough of those already).
But if they want to fit it into 12 episodes than why not - there might be some material left, of course, but also it might be more dramatic. And since it's Key supervising the script we should assume they know what they are doing.

For sure it's a great start.
Oct 5, 2013 8:16 AM

Sep 2012
FEW HOURS AND 100 POSTS ALREADY
I LOVE THIS. THE DOOR KICKING ACTION

Edit: *cough*
It's disappointing they didn't put more detail into the bullying. It would've been better proof for kurugaya being able to act like that.
Also already adding in "I've been here before" Wonder how this will work.
ExboOct 5, 2013 8:26 AM
Oct 5, 2013 8:19 AM

Sep 2012
SakurasouBusters said:
The first episode is completely subbed now on Gogoanime.com :)

Crap I have to rewatch it with subs now.. T_T and I was supposed to study for exams today dammnn

And there's one guy who "Hated it" alr according to the poll DX
Oct 5, 2013 8:19 AM

May 2013
Great first episode, nice to see all the characters again. Not too keen on the OP, I miss the one from the first season. ED was rather decent though.
Oct 5, 2013 8:21 AM
Jun 2011
wafu this was great episode kurugaya was badass with the door kicking
Oct 5, 2013 8:23 AM

Jun 2013
I know that Riki will end up with Rin but is this some evidence that he might end up with Kurugaya?

PS: I played VNs.
Oct 5, 2013 8:23 AM

Sep 2012
I still can't get over the fact that the hands linking were actually Kurugaya and Riki. I believed it was Rin and Riki ..for 2 months lol
Oct 5, 2013 8:25 AM

Apr 2012
Now that far surpassed my expectations. Hopefully they can stay consistent throughout the entire show.

Loving the new OP as well.

Oct 5, 2013 8:31 AM

Aug 2011
oh god those masato/kengo winks. kengo looking fly in the ed

guys help me, im going gay for kengo
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Oct 5, 2013 8:32 AM

Oct 2012
Oh man, that was great and the OP is pretty much perfect.
Oct 5, 2013 8:33 AM
Jul 2018
It was all fun and cheerful at the start, then it got dead serious halfway lin lolz.

good to see more the little busters team
Oct 5, 2013 8:33 AM

Sep 2013
I just had to laugh when Kyousuke played his guitar and started shouting at the top of his lungs LOL and then Riki had to pat him on the back cause it seemed he chocked hahahaha!
Oct 5, 2013 8:37 AM

May 2011
egnaro315 said:
I still can't get over the fact that the hands linking were actually Kurugaya and Riki. I believed it was Rin and Riki ..for 2 months lol

I agree. That scene in the PV is a bit misleading, lol.

Anyways, I wasn't entirely content with how Kurugaya's route has been handled so far. I'm usually not the type to be bothered by pacing, but I really didn't plan on seeing that moment with the girls come so soon. I guess it was due to my expectations that I was bothered by it that much. I suppose it's understandable, too, seeing how this arc will pretty much be receiving the same number of episodes that the others have. If I were to look at this optimistically, I would at least say that it gives more time for Refrain (and that can easily excuse any flaws in pacing).

The scene where the teacher discovers the door was handled a lot more differently as well. In the VN, the teacher ends up feeling sorry for Masato because he supposedly "had an accident", but now it looks like he was just joking around with Kengo.

Seeing Kurugaya snap is always a brilliant experience! Though having witnessed it in the VN beforehand took off some of the impact. Still badass though. <3 Kurugaya.

Definitely not a bad first episode though. Other than the few nitpicks I had, I really did get psyched from the way it was presented. The animation is noticeably better, the nostalgic value is still there, and the cast of Little Busters is still one that I admire greatly! Really, can't wait to see how the rest of this series turns out. God only knows how much I've been craving an adaption of Refrain.
Oct 5, 2013 8:39 AM

Mar 2012
Haven't watch this (damn you slow internet) so I want to ask something. Did this satisfying for VN fans?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 5, 2013 8:39 AM

Aug 2011
R.I.P Door-kun.

Badass Kurugaya is badass. Looks like J.C Staff upped the animation quality too.
Oct 5, 2013 8:40 AM

Sep 2012
kenshin_sama said:

The scene where the teacher discovers the door was handled a lot more differently as well. In the VN, the teacher ends up feeling sorry for Masato because he supposedly "had an accident", but now it looks like he was just joking around with Kengo.

Yeah, I'm a bit sad they didn't put in the bit where Kurugaya trolls Masato with the door, that was too funny. poor Masato. At least he received special consideration xD
Oct 5, 2013 8:43 AM

Nov 2012
This episode gave me goosebumps! I think this adaptation is going to be fantastic!
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Oct 5, 2013 8:44 AM

Nov 2012
Woohoo, worthy of a great and impressive first episode for me! Yep, as I though, it conveniently follows through every heroine's relationship with Riki before moving on to the main arc, but even here in Kurugaya's arc, they still manage to run the apparent turn of events in the background through foreshadowings in Riki's mind.

The animation is still the same as the first season, but the OP/ED...I think the OP will grow on me later on, but the ED is just great!

Oh shit, this is better than I expected. Hopefully J.C Staff will set it straight with this season and make it even better.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Oct 5, 2013 8:45 AM

Sep 2013
Yea, we were all excited and happy about his episode, but someone has done there research and turns out we might only be getting 13 episodes after all, they checked the code of the refrain website and only goes up to "story 13" :/

http://oi40.tinypic.com/le1d0.jpg
Oct 5, 2013 8:46 AM

May 2013
I have a feeling it'll get alot better but right now it's all so very meh, it felt a bit rushed aswell and as if they expected the viewer to have just finished the first series.
Oct 5, 2013 8:47 AM

Sep 2011
CorpseDemon said:
I have a feeling it'll get alot better but right now it's all so very meh, it felt a bit rushed aswell and as if they expected the viewer to have just finished the first series.

Well, you definitely SHOULD watch the first season. It's common sense. It's one's lost who didn't finish the first season.

Oct 5, 2013 8:47 AM

Sep 2012
CorpseDemon said:

Haven't you finished the first series?
Oct 5, 2013 8:49 AM

May 2013
haha of course, what I meant is that it felt unlike a first episode and more like the first series aired straight before, no building into anything and it just got straight into an arc.
Oct 5, 2013 8:52 AM

Sep 2012
CorpseDemon said:
haha of course, what I meant is that it felt unlike a first episode and more like the first series aired straight before, no building into anything and it just got straight into an arc.

it might feel a bit rushed but someone said this season is only going to be 13 episodes. If they want to adapt this decently they will move through this arc at a relatively quick pace to save time for Refrain (The only reason to adapt the entire VN)
Oct 5, 2013 8:53 AM

Sep 2012
DeathDoUsPart said:
Yea, we were all excited and happy about his episode, but someone has done there research and turns out we might only be getting 13 episodes after all, they checked the code of the refrain website and only goes up to "story 13" :/

Aww dang... but I guess it's alright as according to this:
VN Spoiler, DON'T READ IF HAVEN'T PLAYED VN!
Oct 5, 2013 8:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
nooo door-kun, you were not long for this world
Oct 5, 2013 8:56 AM

May 2011
CorpseDemon said:

CorpseDemon said:

I get what you mean. Yeah, it likely would've been for the better if they had included a few more scenes from the beginning of Kurugaya's route before getting to the point it has reached so far. But this arc is only getting 3 episodes, so it just can't be helped.
Oct 5, 2013 8:58 AM

Mar 2012
If this is only 1 cour then it will have the same fate as KamiNomi.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 5, 2013 8:58 AM

Dec 2012
Kurugaya... so damn scary. That part was animated so damn well..
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 5, 2013 8:59 AM

Dec 2011
Oct 5, 2013 9:04 AM
Aug 2007
I was surprised and yet not surprised by how fast that went. I expected it to be fast but... 1 episode. o.o
Oct 5, 2013 9:06 AM

Aug 2012
koagzero said:
DeathDoUsPart said:

Aww dang... but I guess it's alright as according to this:
VN Spoiler, DON'T READ IF HAVEN'T PLAYED VN!

Seems to me that episodes 9-13 are rushed. But in any case that this will only be 1 cour, I'll just have faith on JC Staff that they won't screw this up.

Sep 2012
Arcs not over yet

May 2012
I never did get to Refrain in my play through. I stopped during Rin2 because I couldn't take how much of an asshole kyousuke became in it.
I mean what the fuck was that? uninstalled the game there and never looked back.
I thought the guy was my friend, and he wasn't. he was just a
asshole through and through.
Oct 5, 2013 9:11 AM

May 2011
@koagzero

That might actually work really well. Was expecting Refrain to be 2-cour and added a few more episodes to Kurugaya's route, but I'm not too disappointed with it being 1-cour. Fewer episodes can be a desirable thing since it would mean the budget would be less spread out.

Still, I can't help but remain somewhat skeptical. The pacing could certainly work in favor of animation, but what worries me is how well it's written. The shift of narration was definitely a great call. Dedicating an entire episode to certain scenes also seems very fitting. But the way the adaption of Rin2 looks on episode 8 leaves me with a little bit of doubt.
Oct 5, 2013 9:13 AM

May 2011
planetarian said:
I never did get to Refrain in my play through. I stopped during Rin2 because I couldn't take how much of an asshole kyousuke became in it.
I mean what the fuck was that? uninstalled the game there and never looked back.
I thought the guy was my friend, and he wasn't. he was just a
asshole through and through.

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

371 by kusanagi_ZFG »»
Feb 22, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.