Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 5, 2013 8:08 AM

Jul 2013
Did anyone care to check the released PVs ? Sure, they were late with them , but It was pretty clear there would a be a ton of fanservice.
Oct 5, 2013 8:22 AM
Oct 2012
Archie74 said:
Capt. Picard cameo?

So you picked that up as well, I am pretty sure that was what they were aiming for, his vehicle number was the same as the enterprise.
Oct 5, 2013 8:45 AM
Aug 2009
Was looking forward to this till it became pretty much all fan service halfway through the episode =/

Don't know why, but the manager feels...off...each time I see her in the store. Something about that design...
Oct 5, 2013 8:49 AM

Feb 2012
Do people not check genres before picking up a show? It very clearly states it's Ecchi. I didn't even watch any PVs for this show and knew what it would have.

Anyway, loved the first ep. Cute girls, boob physics, pantsu, and a non-school setting. My kinda show.
Oct 5, 2013 8:52 AM
Oct 2009
This episode in one word: boobs.
I hope they get more comedy in next time, cause it was pretty boring..
Oct 5, 2013 8:59 AM

Nov 2008
Yvese said:
Do people not check genres before picking up a show? It very clearly states it's Ecchi. I didn't even watch any PVs for this show and knew what it would have.

Anyway, loved the first ep. Cute girls, boob physics, pantsu, and a non-school setting. My kinda show.

You never know the level of ecchi though unless you watch the anime though, some people don't like a lot of ecchi but like a little bit or a moderate amount.

Oct 5, 2013 9:22 AM

Apr 2012
'Boob physics, boob physics everywhere!'

I liked it! I'm already interested in the characters' backstory, and the fate of the rest of Raul's party.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Oct 5, 2013 9:31 AM

Aug 2010
A funbaggy girl just got sexually harrassed by an elderly captain picard who arrived in a chocobo-driven enterprice-style coach. And I'm just 10 minutes in.

Mind = blown
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Oct 5, 2013 9:33 AM

Feb 2012
Hoppy said:
Yvese said:

You never know the level of ecchi though unless you watch the anime though, some people don't like a lot of ecchi but like a little bit or a moderate amount.
Right, but reading posts in this thread makes it seem like people were expecting an entirely different show.

If these people did a tiny bit of research they'd be able to go into this with low expectations knowing that there would be, well, ecchi elements.

That and this show has pretty moderate amounts of ecchi. It's pretty tame compared to others out there so if people complain about this amount, clearly the show isn't for them. In that case, they could have saved themselves the 24 minutes if they had just read the synopsis and the genre and decide if they should bother watching it like I did.
Oct 5, 2013 11:16 AM

Dec 2010
Meh. Hataraku maou-sama's intro was way better.
Oct 5, 2013 12:30 PM

Feb 2013
this reminds of me hataraku maou sama and the girl reminds me of nyarko, will keep watching.
Oct 5, 2013 1:15 PM

Jan 2010
The premise of telling a story that occurs after Maou and Hero battle is interesting since I don't think anyone has done it before.

However, I can't help but compare this to Hataraku maou sama. While Hataraku is comedy gold, this is more into moe character and less on the comedy side.

For the first episode, I didn't feel much magical about this fantasy world. Adding the word "magic" to a noun doesn't makes it magical like Magic oven and Magic vision

edit: This anime has probably the laziest ending of anime. Instead of having an abstract drawing or anything, just roll the anime backward.
polke45Oct 5, 2013 1:32 PM
Oct 5, 2013 2:59 PM

Apr 2010
As far as i could tell there was only one thing wrong with the version i was watching and that was censors at the start of this episode.
Other then that i liked this episode will stick with this anime and see how it turns out.
Hope there will be some nice funny moments.
Oct 5, 2013 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
All that Gainax bounce.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 5, 2013 4:23 PM

Jul 2013
Too much ecchi. I'm not really getting a Maou-sama vibe from it at all to be honest, which is the only reason I was considering to watch it. I'll give it two more episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2013 4:29 PM

Nov 2009
The opening animation was okay. Good thing Fino isn't a tsundere.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2013 5:45 PM

May 2009
polke45 said:
edit: This anime has probably the laziest ending of anime. Instead of having an abstract drawing or anything, just roll the anime backward.

Because that was OP song. Real OP and ED next week.
Oct 5, 2013 9:06 PM

Mar 2008
symbv said:
Hataraku Maousama it DEFINITELY is NOT, and should not be viewed or expected as such. In fan service level it is already on ToLoveRu level, so better set expectation accordingly. I am fine with all this - the only thing I have problem is the old staff making sexual harassment ;-p

Did we watch the same show? This show wasn't even remotely close to To Love-ru in ecchi. There were a few panty shots and a few covered breasts. To Love-ru and High School DxD both far surpass that.

I'm not seeing this show getting uncensored either as I don't think it's primary premises is the fanservice/ecchi. It's just there as a bonus.

That being said, not bad, looking forward to seeing where it goes.
razisgosuOct 5, 2013 9:12 PM
Oct 5, 2013 10:16 PM

Apr 2011
I thought this was pretty funny. props for not making MC a generic MC of an Ecchi series. I want epd 2
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Oct 6, 2013 1:07 AM

Jun 2012
Lol, I really want to know how he didn't realize Phino was a female. She didn't even need to speak for me to have realized that. I'd like to know where she was hiding those tits though. :O

Pretty funny so far... I think I'll stick with it. I'm a little surprised that the female cast is primarily oppai, and not really much balance between oppai and pettanko. S'fine with me though... I like it either way. :P
Oct 6, 2013 1:48 AM

May 2011
i liked the story, Hair dyers are pretty cool stuff.
Oct 6, 2013 2:49 AM

Dec 2012
meh, i don't know. it wasn't bad, but there wasn't anything i would consider as outstanding.

seems like it'll be one of those typical fanserive shows - girl gets mistaken for a guy, every girl has biiiiig boobs and skirts that will always show their panties, the girls aren't really interesting or unique, a typical male mc. yeah, i know, it's ecchi, but does it have to be this predictable? :/
the worst thing is that i don't even like any of the characters so far and usually it's really hard for me to watch a show if i can't even like any character. the girls just appear like the usual dumb ecchi girls and the guy is... well, just the usual mc.

it's wasn't a drag to watch it, but it also wasn't really interesting. i hope it'll get better next week. maybe the story line can change my opinion.
Oct 6, 2013 3:31 AM

May 2012
Much better than expected. I will certainly continue watching this. It feels like cross between Hataraku and To Love-Ru

The demon lord is soo cute.
Oct 6, 2013 3:32 AM

Feb 2013
At the end... Fukou da.
Oct 6, 2013 4:35 AM

Apr 2012
Far too much fan service far too little comedy. Hmmm. Liked the star trek ref but apart from that not good at all.
Oct 6, 2013 5:28 AM

Sep 2012
Jenaimemepas said:
At the end... Fukou da.
I loved that too! And she is...
Oct 6, 2013 7:26 AM

Aug 2012
that battle at the beginning was pretty cool. I hope his friends will make appearance again in future episodes.

it was a good episode, oppai everywhere throughout the episode but i'm perfectly fine with that :p

Phino/Fino's voice was surprisingly good, i love it

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Oct 6, 2013 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
Anybody going into this expecting another Maou-Sama is going to be disappointed. Honestly I know I was even though my expectations were already low after seeing the PV.

It's not completely unwatchable but it's not great, or even good. Just average. I'll probably watch it every week just to have something to watch. Maybe see if it gets any better or actually funny. I like Phino though.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Oct 6, 2013 11:42 AM

Oct 2009
Fino is cute and not your usual ecchi heroine, I like that ^^. MC i don't like ;_;, another one of those "I am so UNLUCKY!! I have tons of hot chicks around me T_T!!!" type...*SIGH*
The boob physics though! This doesn't seem very promising, I'll give the next 2 episodes a try and decide.
Oct 6, 2013 12:42 PM

Sep 2007
Star Trek reference!

Oct 6, 2013 2:37 PM

Apr 2011
4kicks said:
Customer or not, that old man should have been arrested for sexual assault, and banned from setting foot in the store again. If I were working there, I would have kicked him in the nuts and said it was an "accident".

lol
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Oct 6, 2013 3:18 PM

Jan 2008
This is DUMB. The demon lord was defeated, thus there is no more need for heroes. OK, that I can understand. It's actually an interesting idea. But the fact that their lives are in shambles is DUMB. Saying that all the skills they learned are now useless is DUMB. They are highly trained and very powerful fighters. Get a job as a bodyguard, a soldier, a policeman, there are MANY options. Hell, who wouldn't want a former hero as a bodyguard. There are many things wrong with this show, but the blatant stupidity they try to railroad the plot is its biggest flaw. Any of the former heroes should be able to get a good job with their physical talents alone. This makes no sense.
Oct 6, 2013 5:46 PM

Oct 2009
Great, I found another ecchi show to boot!

The character design is quite redundant, especially on the female cast. I haven't seen a token loli / flat character yet, maybe they will introduce each character in later episode. I was quite surprised by the battle scene, it is quite well done, and oh, the pudding boobs physics! haven't seen them lately in ecchi shows.

Oh! Wonder if Lawson had a contract with the producer, they had the name spelled right! Unlike the Papasonic washing machine, lol.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 6, 2013 5:55 PM
Jan 2013
Wooo, hooo, gotta hand for the old geezer, for such sexual advances.
Oct 6, 2013 8:00 PM

Feb 2008
This looks terrible.
Oct 6, 2013 8:39 PM

Apr 2011
Well, it looks like we've got a tits physics engine again.

DmonHiro said:
This is DUMB. The demon lord was defeated, thus there is no more need for heroes. OK, that I can understand. It's actually an interesting idea. But the fact that their lives are in shambles is DUMB. Saying that all the skills they learned are now useless is DUMB. They are highly trained and very powerful fighters. Get a job as a bodyguard, a soldier, a policeman, there are MANY options. Hell, who wouldn't want a former hero as a bodyguard. There are many things wrong with this show, but the blatant stupidity they try to railroad the plot is its biggest flaw. Any of the former heroes should be able to get a good job with their physical talents alone. This makes no sense.

You derp this anime is a comedy/ecchi show. It focuses on tits, ass, and more tits. It doesn't give a fuck about story or logic...
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Oct 7, 2013 3:20 AM

Jan 2013
Maou Sama 2.0 lets go broooo
Oct 7, 2013 5:08 AM

Dec 2011
That was fun.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 7, 2013 6:38 AM

Jan 2011
Loved it 5/5, Phino so cute :3
[size=200]Osu!
[/size]
Oct 7, 2013 9:24 AM

Jul 2013
How she hide those large oppai under those clothes, I will never know ;/ The outline of the boobs look really weird though, through the clothes that is. Not really sure where this anime is going to go, selling electrical appliances and stuff.
Oct 7, 2013 11:15 AM

Aug 2012
oppai is justice

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Oct 7, 2013 11:21 AM

Dec 2012
A superb series I can tell already, it has much similar to Hataraku Maou-sama!, and also to Sword Art Online!, a superb blend of fine design, character formation, story and fantasy mixed with daily life and just the right kind of GOOD ecchi. I am sure others, some, who usually complain about ecchi will find much to dislike here, but i find it superb, and look forward eagerly to the next episode. I was hoping we would see more of the wonderful sort of anime as Hataraku Maou-sama! which was the highlight of this year so far, but this will be equal to it i am sure. I am so so glad that anime continues to improve and combine tried and true genres with new flair and fun. Well done, a Gold Standard Series I can tell already. And thank goodness they didn't inflict us with another loli main character I am very very done with them.

Oct 7, 2013 11:22 AM

Dec 2012
Pretty good start. Though, I must say, the first thing that popped into my mind was Hataraku Maou-sama when I saw the title page. The setting is quite similar too but nevertheless expecting some fun times from this anime :D
Oct 7, 2013 7:12 PM
May 2012
Boobs bouncing.
Oct 7, 2013 8:39 PM

Nov 2012
tankoubon-feind said:
decided to watch this on a whim after stumbling across it on youtube...not usually into these types of shows but i needed something light hearted to watch for once. came in with no expectations and it wasn't as bad as i had expected animation quality actually exceeded my expectations particularly in the opening scene. i dont expect much out of this series other than tits, ass, and a little comedy and im fine with that tbh since this season is gonna be full of anime that deliver a stronger plot and character development.

Definitely agreeing with you mate...good thing this was really unknown to me even when they showcased all the lineup this fall.

And that demon girl's personality wasn't what I expected, she's actually pretty good-natured!

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Oct 7, 2013 9:10 PM

Mar 2010
-MgZ_ said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Hurray for the fanservice! We didn't have any ecchi Anime for like two seasons and we are getting tons of it this season. Good.

Huh? What are you talking about, there was at least 2 ecchi anime last season and the season before that too
Oct 8, 2013 6:28 AM

Oct 2011
Intersting
Oct 8, 2013 6:46 AM

Aug 2013
The show looks funny and this episode was great :P
I don't really have any problems with the fanservice so far, but I do hope they explain a bit more of what happened with the demon lord stuff, and how their world's magic works.
Oct 8, 2013 4:28 PM

Oct 2012
much better than non non biyori

^ Why isn't this updating...
Oct 9, 2013 5:58 PM

Oct 2012
Dat glorious laugh Phino has makes me so happy:D

But I do find this setting pretty intresting when what happens after a demon lord is defeated and that is something that you don't usually get to see, but on the other hand this show have loads of titties.
Hopefully it's gonna be fun:)
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Any more fanservice anime with mature guy?

ptm - Dec 30, 2023

4 by ChoiceVoltage »»
Jan 1, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2013

93 by menorex »»
Apr 2, 2023 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2013

57 by S_15 »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:17 PM

» Romance?

S1rLancelot - Jul 21, 2022

2 by Chronigan »»
Jul 21, 2022 4:03 PM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2013

70 by skyzer14 »»
Mar 19, 2021 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.