Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 11, 2013 9:14 PM

Oct 2010
Znote said:
RobUsaB said:
serious question: Is the staticy-blackout on Killua's eye the nature of Shoot's power, or is it the result of censorship?

Not censored.

Oh neat, thanks for that.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Aug 11, 2013 9:54 PM

Jul 2008
i thought knuckle is a samurai LOL
Aug 14, 2013 5:48 PM
Jul 2012
Great episode!
I lol so hard that Gon is confused about the numbers. Way confused than his other one since the greed island.
Wow! Both of the fights of Gon and Killua is psychological as fuck! I want to know what Thumb's power of the arua of Gon's power is next. So much foreshadowing right there.Damn, Killua lost his left eye. This is very rare to his fights, and maybe the best fight ever! So interesting to watch!
5/5 getting better again!
Aug 14, 2013 5:50 PM
Jul 2012
Django_Freeman said:
dodoberry said:
Wow, people are way too action hungry, I think it's great Madhouse explains things properly and concentrates on characters' development.

Exactly. They are really missing what makes Hunter X Hunter one of the most awesome shonen ever.

this
Aug 14, 2013 6:38 PM

Feb 2011
Lol poor Gon, I'm right there with you.

Watching Killua's fight was really hard. Fighting against himself (Illumi), trying so hard to take Biscuit's words to heart.
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 14, 2013 6:51 PM

Dec 2012
Gon's fight was boring. the episode became interesting in Killua's fight.
Sep 21, 2013 8:44 AM

Jul 2009
Knuckle's nen ability is so innovative, I love it.
Dec 7, 2013 5:30 AM
Dec 2013
hi guys,
sorry to bumb this old episode discussion but i really need something
in this episode,to be precise in 20:18 - 20:19,a music starts to play,anybody knows the name of it or have it maybe?
because i downloaded the OST but i couldnt find it,so anyone? :)
Dec 7, 2013 8:17 AM
Jan 2011
staNioN1337 said:
hi guys,
sorry to bumb this old episode discussion but i really need something
in this episode,to be precise in 20:18 - 20:19,a music starts to play,anybody knows the name of it or have it maybe?
because i downloaded the OST but i couldnt find it,so anyone? :)

It is Killua's character song "Tell me".
Jan 8, 2014 3:42 AM

Jul 2013
this is getting boring.. hurry back to NGL and deal with those chimera ants...
Feb 26, 2014 8:55 AM

Jun 2011
A quarter of this episode spent on numerical numbers.. -.- What's with that Killua drama ~.~ I liked the OST when Killua was charging Shoot, that was catchy, and of course, dat yo-yo, I waited for that. The animation though, was meh.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 19, 2014 1:27 AM
Aug 2013
BobbyDaFisherman said:
the first couple of episodes of this arc was interesting.. but now the pacing is starting to piss me off lol. i just want them to go back into NGL

Even though I love this show, this part was honestly a bit dragged.
Apr 21, 2014 3:52 PM
Oct 2009
poor Killua
Apr 24, 2014 5:02 AM

Sep 2008
Very fitting opponent for Killua.
Jun 28, 2014 11:34 PM

Jan 2013
They're both in trouble.
Jun 29, 2014 8:06 PM

Jan 2011
Killuas fight is much more interesting than Gon s, i did thought that those flashbacks from the previous eps were unnecesary though
Jul 18, 2014 9:27 PM

Aug 2013
Pay your debts!

HxH teaching us valuable life lessons, yo
Aug 12, 2014 1:20 PM

Feb 2014
One of my least favorite episodes thus far. All the explanations and dragging out is just getting annoying.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Aug 16, 2014 7:45 PM

Apr 2007
Togashi tends to make training interesting, but other than Killua's curse (which was a small portion) this is really boring. It doesn't help that calculations hurt my brain so I had trouble with Knuckle's ability.

I think the main problem is the chimera ant stuff is so much more interesting and I'd rather get back to that :/
Don't care much for the fights, just focus on the good stuff!
Sep 18, 2014 6:30 PM

Sep 2011
shitty episode.. too much talk
Nov 6, 2014 5:20 PM

Jun 2014
"APR" lol.

If only they made this episode back in 2008 and showed it to first time home buyers in America...
Nov 6, 2014 5:22 PM

Dec 2012
The only anime that I bothered to keep up with. Good job HxH.
Nov 20, 2014 4:39 AM

Nov 2013
Blazed88 said:
Getting bored of this anime going so damn slowly week to week. No progression at all at this point.

Gonna have to take a few weeks off and watch a couple eps bunched, because this is becoming painful.

Agreed. Ep 90 was built up as this big showdown but did not deliver at all :P

Nov 20, 2014 4:41 AM

Nov 2013
japanda said:
Aura debt? This is getting ridiculous. Stop the internal monologues already and get back to REAL fighting.

You'll crack once you realise
DrakensbergMistNov 20, 2014 4:49 AM

Nov 20, 2014 4:42 AM

Nov 2013
lightline said:
boring episode

explaining the new ability 50%
internal monologues 40%
actions10%

-__-

Summed up...PERFECTLY ^^

Mar 15, 2015 1:45 PM

Aug 2013
Mind. Blown. Knuckle is in fact... not an idiot :O
Such a complicated and eleborated technic, man, he's fucking clever in the end. I never expected that kind of ability.

The preview as a lot of spoiler though :S
Spoiler about the fight outcomes, spoiler about the King. Oh well, I wish I didn't saw it, but I'll see how it turn out.

Now, Killua, get your shit together and listen to Biscuit. He's so much underestimating himself, it's like a slow killing poison.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 21, 2015 3:08 AM

Jun 2009
knuckle's ability is the most inventive/moronic thing i've ever seen.

bulk_density said:
shitty episode.. too much talk

lmao this entire series is essentially talk. HXH is the least battle shounen battle shounen i've ever watched. you're 90 episodes in and you haven't realised this? you're seriously complaining?
Apr 27, 2015 4:00 PM

Jun 2014
These match ups are good.

The coward vs. the escaping killuia

The knuckle-head vs the baka gon.

May 6, 2015 2:35 PM

Mar 2015
Math. Gon's true arch enemy
May 6, 2015 2:36 PM

Mar 2015
zat-bust said:
These match ups are good.

The coward vs. the escaping killuia

The knuckle-head vs the baka gon.

O_O never thought of it like that
Aug 19, 2015 11:12 PM

Dec 2012
A man with powers of debt and math. Truly the most formidable enemy Gon has faced yet.

Shoot is a perfect opponent for Killua right now. Shoot's likely stronger, but his mental state prevents him from being on his A-game, which is what Bisky was getting at.
Aug 20, 2015 1:05 AM

Mar 2012
_Legna_ said:
fearthebeard85 said:
I find it funny over these past few weeks how vastly different the reaction has been to these Gon vs Knuckle battles in the anime compared to the manga. I remember a lot of people saying those fights were some of the best in the series when the manga was still in this arc and with the anime, while it is still mostly favorable reviews, seems to have a much lesser reaction. Just an observation that I found interesting.

Good episode, very smart on Madhouse's part to split up the fights at the halfway point to switch over. Killua is sadly useless atm due to his curse. I don't think I will ever get used to Knuckle's ability being subbed as Chapter 7 Bankruptcy after reading it as Hakoware throughout the whole arc in the manga.

I suppose that probably those who don't like these fights still haven't understood that it's this the way nen battles are supposed to be, more logical and less action.
Maybe they considered Gon vs Hisoka how fights would be forgetting how HxH is not a conventional shonen in many areas and or also the fact the protagonists aren't winning.

I really can't understand how these episodes are not liked and even considered boring. the NGL start was so slow and it's not like it had great battles, only Kaito showing how strong he was compared to Gon and Killua.
At this point I want to see how the next "sub-arc" will be liked since it's going to be much more slower aside for minor events.

Note: I too will never get used to Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, not after reading Hakoware so many times.

He's actually bullshitting you. He's always hated the praise toward CA so he tries to play it down.
He even started ranting about the arc randomly mid-Yorknew.
End Zionazism
Aug 21, 2015 4:46 AM
Mar 2013
The fight between Killua and Shoot was far more amusing than that fight of Gon and Knuckles. Too many explanations while fighting.
Sep 7, 2015 2:20 AM

Jun 2012
Really not impressed with the last few episodes. Really hope they get back to focusing on the ants soon because these episodes just aren't that entertaining to me.

I'm a bit confused on Killua's character. Sometimes they portray him as this prodigy assassin who's OP af with electricity powers, immunity to poison, and can pretty much take out anyone with the swipe of his hands if he's playing seriously. Then other times (like in this episode) they make it seem like he's barely (if even at all) any stronger than Gon. How exactly is jumping out of the way a hit "running away?" So should he just stand there and take every hit thrown at him? lol
君と僕の間によこたわる空
Sep 8, 2015 3:33 PM

Feb 2014
kelvy-kun said:
Really not impressed with the last few episodes. Really hope they get back to focusing on the ants soon because these episodes just aren't that entertaining to me.

I'm a bit confused on Killua's character. Sometimes they portray him as this prodigy assassin who's OP af with electricity powers, immunity to poison, and can pretty much take out anyone with the swipe of his hands if he's playing seriously. Then other times (like in this episode) they make it seem like he's barely (if even at all) any stronger than Gon. How exactly is jumping out of the way a hit "running away?" So should he just stand there and take every hit thrown at him? lol
What he stated was that he dodged that attack because of mainly his fear "curse" that he moved by reflex of that fear rather than his own fully volition that he should dodge, that's why he also said "this time my curse saved me" or something like that previously.

I think you just didn't pay enough attention to Killua's character, it was already implied and stated by Biscuit though previously and also over and over through the story-line, he always lack of confidence when he takes a "similar" level guys, the way Illumi taught him as assassin and twisted over-protective brother at the same time affect him too much that caused him always cursed by fear when he takes on opponent that he can't sure that he can win as assassin like. More than that, no matter prodigy he is, he was still a newbie to Nen, you can't defeat an advanced Nen user with just your basic skill, and this time Shoot ability also a disadvantage for Killua, something mysterious that he can't grasp it, his curse once more kickin in.
FlashofthebackSep 9, 2015 3:27 PM
Sep 29, 2015 3:49 PM

Oct 2010
Oh I love that dilemma!
It's great to see that they are now faced with enemies possessing such unpredictable powers, I do agree that they gotta pass this before really going anywhere near the CA nest.
Dec 28, 2015 6:08 PM

Nov 2014
The monologue was a bit boring, killuas' fight was the most enjoyable to me. We've been getting a lot of still animation, won't complain though.

Jan 6, 2016 12:20 AM

Jan 2015
The scene with Killua trying to stop running away was hype!
Jan 17, 2016 4:56 AM

Jun 2015
Knuckle explaining everything gave me a headache, didn't understand a single thing.

Damn wtf has happened to killua.
Feb 26, 2016 6:25 PM
Nov 2015
Killua became big boss
Apr 26, 2016 3:22 PM

Jan 2016
The King Is Here!!

GAME FUCKIN OVER!!
Jun 2, 2016 7:34 PM

Dec 2015
Am I the only one who thinks Knuckle vs Gon was an actually entertaining fight? His ability was so unexpected I was like "what the hell?" the entire time, it was great. But I also liked Killua's part more, I feel really bad for him.

THE KING IS HERE
Oct 18, 2016 10:07 AM

Dec 2012
Gon gonna Gon. Killer gonna turn back into Killua.

Ponzu.
RobOct 18, 2016 9:20 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 18, 2016 7:36 PM

Sep 2015
Knuckle's ability tho lol pretty funny for a guy with his appearance
Dec 5, 2016 12:21 PM
Nov 2014
Knuckle's ability is amazing lol, the Chimera Ant's king will be introduced in the next episode ? Can't wait, he looks like an awesome character.
Jun 25, 2017 10:39 AM
Nov 2009
Things surely have slowed down a lot.
Sep 12, 2017 12:25 PM
Jun 2016
I've been watching 2 episodes in one sitting every day for a while and even by doing that, I feel that the pacing is really slow since Gon and Killua left NGL. Also I'm just frustrated and want to see more of those awesome ants, so that may be why I feel this way. I know that's necessary but we just went through a big training arc, didn't expect to have another training mini arc inside the CA one.

About Gon vs Knuckle, I think I'm just tired of watching them fight for 3 or 4 episodes. And when I was thinking that it was finally the end of it, I received a massive over explanation in the face for a good 5 minutes. Seriously, correct me if i'm wrong, but basically, Knuckle ability is just "Whenever a hit you, I fill up the Nen counter, and the number increase with X% of interest every ten second. You have 20 000 aura, if the counter go past this point, I win, and you're won't be able to use your Nen for 30 days until you "pay" me back". Am I wrong ?
I don't care about characters explaining their tactics, I love it in fact, but this one seems dragged for too long (like the training...). I get that the concept of total aura, potential aura will be important later, but I think that it was too much at once, plus I got confused with the 3 different terms.
Oct 20, 2017 1:54 PM
Mar 2017
Good episode, the fight scenes were okay. I hope that Killua is able to resolve his internal conflicts.

Poor Gon, didn't understand anything Knuckle told him.
Dec 4, 2017 8:48 AM

May 2013
So I guess Shoot's power is that his attack will be able to take away that body part he hits and store it in the cage D: if that's the case, it's gonna be pretty annoying to deal with

You got this, Kil!

Nice bod, Knuckle ;D ;D
Jan 20, 2018 3:27 AM

Mar 2016
That 7th chapter bankruptcy power that Knuckles has is pretty unique and effective, but the explanation for that power is too freaking long... Well, at least Killua's starting to break his curse/habit of his (kinda)...

The king is born! Time for some death x death
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
Today, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
Today, 3:58 AM

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.