Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2012 10:29 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hina trying to improve herself because she's scary when mad. -> movie date... Nagi's "sister" appearing again. lol @ the kids at the movie theater and the movie being ripped. -> to amusement park.

lol~ Izumi explaining something and Nagi is like "so what?"

Hina's ED? while their date continues. Zenki Shoujo no Tame no Pavane (善き少女のためのパヴァーヌ) by Haruka Yamazaki (Ruka Suirenji). After that, Hayate's "confession" (actually not), and her anger is back.
tsubasaloverOct 17, 2012 8:14 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 17, 2012 10:56 AM

Oct 2010
This being a Hinagiku episode I LOVED IT! Hinagiku can be summarized with one pic and it’s the following,

For her smile does the exact effect of the painting. Puts a smile on a lot.

In the office in the spoiler
they really made her look hot from her poses to her blush to her reactions despite her art being maybe not as good as I though but I got used to it. The serious facet of her is hindering her MOE IMO.

Loved Hina’s reaction to Hayate’s hand holding in the spoiler
blush amazing and appealing. I liked the way the nails of Hina were done in that part.

Finally the end impressed with Hina again in the following,

THAT FACE! OOOOOHHHHH HNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHH! *dies* *come back* OK Along with the spoiler
hard to stop such a MOE attack now.

That being said shortly. I liked this episode and Hinagiku is SERIOUS LOVE? Well less MOE love from how she looks. Her blushes though do make her MOE nice even in serious form.

BTW Image Stitches and Image Dump in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/10/pic-dump-and-image-stitches-of-hayate.html
lots of Hinagiku for all!
Yumekichi11Oct 24, 2012 11:58 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 17, 2012 11:30 AM

Nov 2011
H-I-N-A-G-I-K-U

This. This just made my day. Shizuka Itou plays her voice acting role well tbh. Her voice mannerism sounds like Seven from Area no Kishi.

Her smile brings a smile on my face as well.

Ah kids...

Stark700Oct 17, 2012 11:40 AM
Oct 17, 2012 11:58 AM
Oct 2008
In my opinion this was a nice episode.

Finally a good episode... I was little disappointed in the last 2 episodes, but I enjoyed this episode. Fun and lighthearted episode.
Oct 17, 2012 12:06 PM
Oct 2011
R.I.P Good Hayate S3 Episodes.
Where's Wakamoto?
And Wataru, Saki, Klaus and Sakuya? Where are they?
Thank god for Student Council Trio and Yukiji at the start of every episode.
Oct 17, 2012 12:13 PM

Feb 2010
Good episode...it's a good series overall, sure...except for one thing.

This series is original, unrelated to the manga...THEN WHY DOES IT USE PLOTS DIRECTLY FROM THE MANGA? (check chapters 162~164, volume 16)

I hope they have some more original plot lines starting next week...

EDIT: Btw, you can find out what Hinagiku told Hayate at the end by reading the last few pages of chapter 164.
hayaterocksOct 17, 2012 12:25 PM

let's play mahjong...at tenhou.net
Oct 17, 2012 12:58 PM

Jun 2010
So they didn't show what Hinagiku said at the end. Oh well, maybe if a spell is cast you'll be able to find out. XD

hayaterocks said:
This series is original, unrelated to the manga...THEN WHY DOES IT USE PLOTS DIRECTLY FROM THE MANGA? (check chapters 162~164, volume 16)

Thank you I was looking for the chapters. XD

Oct 17, 2012 1:04 PM

Jan 2012
The art is horrible compared to the previous seasons
Oct 17, 2012 1:06 PM

Aug 2009
That was the first good episode because this was based on the manga and it had Hina (I missed her <3). The oni part was really funny too. Fumi needs more screentime.

Bad things: quality animation, Miki's eyes and Ruri being annoying as usual.
Oct 17, 2012 1:13 PM

May 2012
Well... Not sure what to say.

I was expecting this for a while, but... It really didn't click on me as much as the manga version did.

It was still really good and I enjoyed it a lot, but... Two of my favourite scenes just... didn't work that well. It felt a little rushed too. I'm feeling a little sad about that, but still...

First thing... On the movie, all those kids just killed the mood, honestly. And why the hell was Ruri there? It was pointless!

The very end... It's the way they animated Hina there. It was too... plain. There was a great beauty in the way she "moved" on the manga (chapter 164), but here she is just... normal. No magic... Ironically.

That scene had a GREAT potential to be a memorable one, sadly.

EDIT: I must add that the extra content really compensated that "plain" last scene, though. It was lovely. And I guess this version can grow on me if I give it some time.
JPblueserOct 17, 2012 2:08 PM
Oct 17, 2012 1:40 PM

Aug 2010
Hinagiku needs her own spinoff series without Nagi in the story.
Oct 17, 2012 1:52 PM
Jun 2012
My favorite parts were the opening, Ruri's scene, Nagi-chan's 3 scenes, the kids in the theather, and Hayate's confession(LOL). Even though I love tsunderes, I cant get myself to like Hina, I find her pretty annoying.The episode was ok, just hope Hata-san doesn't give too much Hina service, if he divides Nagi-chan's scenes and Hina's evenly then the season will keep having the "10" score in my list, if he gives more Nagi-chan scenes then even better.
Oct 17, 2012 1:54 PM

Jul 2012
Yay! Hina-chan came back! I thought this anime wasn't related to the manga at all. Everything was basically like the manga chapter with the inclusion of school kids and Ruri at the movies. This episode wasn't half bad. I still prefer the 2nd season animation over this season but oh well. Hina-chan still looks cute. :)
Also, when will Ruka ever make an appearance as an ACTUAL main character? She's listed as a main character but all she ever did was appear as a fill-in character. I want to see HayatexRuka moments too. :(
Oct 17, 2012 2:39 PM

Jul 2010
The art is horrible. How could they screw up so much?

What the hell is that?!
Oct 17, 2012 3:19 PM

Jan 2008
Maybe it's just me, but I felt like Hinagiku looks so weird in this episode, the art is not quite right.

Also, what does everyone think she said at the end?
Oct 17, 2012 3:21 PM

Jul 2010
Finally Hinagiku. is it only me that Hinagiku look really weird with kinda art need sometike to get use too ;P
Oct 17, 2012 3:23 PM

Aug 2012
Hinagiku is back? Oh boy oh boy.
Oct 17, 2012 3:47 PM

May 2011
Hinagiku APPEARS!!

Wonder what she say on last minutes there.
Oct 17, 2012 3:52 PM

May 2012
For everyone wondering what she said at the end...

Read chapters 162-164 of the manga to find out. :)

It was actually an amazing scene. The anime didn't do it justice, in my opinion.

Really worth to take a look to see how this arc originally played out (It's a short arc anyway, so it won't take much time). I think it blows the anime version right out of the water in a few aspects.
JPblueserOct 17, 2012 3:56 PM
Oct 17, 2012 4:16 PM

Apr 2011
Her face is off. The details of it, bothered me...
Observe:

JC's staff Art:

Manglobe's Art:

Notice how fucked her face is with Manglobe's? It's not round and perfect like JC's. That's why no matter how hard they'll try it'll never be as good as JC's. Still good, but not as good.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Oct 17, 2012 4:32 PM

Nov 2007
FANTASTIC WORK HATA! This sure was "original content" you made for the anime there! 800 pages of storyboard right? Seriously this is already the 3rd time you say one thing and do another.

As for the actual episode, it was the best one so far but of course it was since it was actually an adaptation of events that actually happened in the manga! (ch162-164). Of course the manga version was better and funnier though because they had to change certain things to somehow try to tie it in with the current situation of this show. Its actually a bit of a shame though since I was greatly looking forward to seeing this little arc animated but without all these edits. It was still fairly decent though.

So now that I can no longer trust the "anime original" direction of this series anymore, I wonder if they will insert any more manga chapters in this season? I am somewhat curious now.

For the people wondering what she told Hayate, the manga does show it. Of course he didnt hear it because of the train.
game8910Oct 17, 2012 4:36 PM
Oct 17, 2012 4:53 PM

Aug 2011
gah...the art is killing me T_T i really hope it improves...
Oct 17, 2012 5:12 PM

Jan 2008
I'm not sure but I have a feeling there's a possibility we're just gonna get random stuff from the manga or stories/problems related to certain characters and a bit of Ruri's story each episode, basically her looking through the mansion for that certain something, that or Hinagiku is just the bestest character and deserves her own entire episode.
Oct 17, 2012 6:06 PM

May 2010
really the only complaint i have is the art i think.. but then again i'm just comparing it to the previous season's hina. if this was just a first season of something i really wouldn't have any complaints at all.

but man, how i've missed you hinagiku san
Oct 17, 2012 6:11 PM

Oct 2010
Reinou said:
What the hell is that?!
Sensual Hina?
BULLDOG266 said:
Observe:

JC's staff Art:

Manglobe's Art:

Notice how fucked her face is with Manglobe's? It's not round and perfect like JC's. That's why no matter how hard they'll try it'll never be as good as JC's. Still good, but not as good.
They might correct it but it goes back to what I said in my first post. Less MOE more serious takes away cute.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 17, 2012 6:26 PM

Feb 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Reinou said:
What the hell is that?!
Sensual Hina?

I lol'd xD

I thought this series was going with a whole new story? This was still a rip-off from the manga...

They really did this arc... now we have close to no chance of seeing J.C Staff redo this :(
Oct 17, 2012 6:47 PM

Oct 2011
Decent episode, arguably the best one so far. I've always liked Hinagiku-Hayate moments, so this episode was enjoyable to me. However, Ruri's appearances have been nothing short of annoying. Seriously, she's killing the show imo.

Oct 17, 2012 6:48 PM

Apr 2011
BULLDOG266 said:
Observe:

JC's staff Art:

Manglobe's Art:

Give me back my J.C Staff art! NOW!!!
MagitoOct 17, 2012 7:57 PM
Oct 17, 2012 6:49 PM

Nov 2007
I have no idea what to say about Manglobe's adaptation. So bad. So utterly bad. I am just following this anime because I loved the first two seasons.

The pacing is terrible. The voice-casting is lifeless. The artwork is horrible. :(

I hope I get used to it. I refuse to vote because I never voted an episode of Hayate less than 4/5 before. I hardly ever voted a 4/5. Very very disappointed. :(
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 17, 2012 6:56 PM

May 2012
By the way, did anyone notice the "ears"? lol =)

Geez... I have so many other things I wanted to comment about this episode, but I don't want to pollute this thread! lol

Better save all that for my blog. heh
Oct 17, 2012 6:57 PM

Nov 2011
This was one of my favorite chapters in the manga and it could have been good but the art totally killed it! Hina looks deformed. She was so much cuter in the other two seasons.
Oct 17, 2012 7:02 PM

Dec 2010
Easily the best episode so far simply because of Hinagiku but then again that isn't saying much because the manga version of this was much better, seeing the dumb sister randomly there just made me realize how worse this version of the date was. Its a shame, because while this was a "good" episode, it could have been amazing if done like the manga and not with this crappy animation.
Oct 17, 2012 7:28 PM
Dec 2007
Manglobe for shame, when people are crying for JC Staff to animate something you know you really fucked up.

Oct 17, 2012 7:52 PM

Jun 2012
I thought the animation wasn't so bad until this episode. This one was just utterly horrible.
Too bad, the manga also started to decline really fast. It should have ended after the King Midas arc when it was at it's peak.

I know it's a long arc but why didn't they try to adapt it instead? It would have been awesome... of course if it was made with decent art and animation.
Oct 17, 2012 8:38 PM

Sep 2008
oh boy..what happened to my hayate S3, why do we have this instead, probably the most amazing arc was next! (A-tan's) so why this...
oh well at least i watched hinagiku ...even if the art was horrible
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 17, 2012 9:13 PM

Apr 2010
Such shit tier art. Like god damn man. Before it was a different style now its just lazy and terrible.
Oct 17, 2012 10:22 PM

May 2011
WHY NO CONTINUE FROM S2, WHY!
Oct 17, 2012 10:57 PM

Dec 2010
JC Staff> Manglobe

I mean, really. what the hell am I watching?
This season is just plainly speaking crap compared to past seasons.
The art is WAY down, the characters even seem inconsistent with what we saw before...
If the mangaka prefers THIS from the other seasons, he's a retard. I'm considering dropping.
Oct 17, 2012 11:08 PM

Sep 2011
They screwed the animation for hina... and was lookin so forward to it.

Oh well good ep overall.
Oct 18, 2012 12:21 AM

Sep 2012
Why am I under the impression that we're not going to see her again ?
Oct 18, 2012 1:05 AM

Jan 2011
well at least i can get the bad taste out of my mouth when i finish up the other seasons lol
Oct 18, 2012 1:06 AM

Sep 2012
An awesome Hina episode! not the best but it's really good to see her again :3

Anyone still remember the episode when Hayate got kicked out by Nagi (because he showed no reaction after seeing Nagi's body) and he went to stay with Hina? the memories... I shall watch that episode again!! xD

we have a very nice Hina ED too ^^

Love it very much! Hina is the best!!
H - I - N - A mankai! <3
Oct 18, 2012 2:25 AM

Oct 2011
Everyone seems to only like J.C Staff's art. I personally prefer SynergySP's art. J.C. Staff's colour palette is too damned over saturated.
Oct 18, 2012 2:35 AM

Aug 2008
This show's gradually sucking less but still... the animation... my god.
Oct 18, 2012 6:57 AM

Dec 2009
Gotta say that JC Staff>Manglobe on this one. Strange since they did Ergo Proxy and their adaptation of TWGOK is superb.

That art was hideous. Not only with Hinagiku, with Hayate too.

And please, remove that annoying "sister" of Nagi. Her voice, her attitude, everything about her is ruining the show in many ways.

But, if we ignore the art and that annoying sister this episode was great. Not a fan of Hayate x Hinagiku but I liked this episode.
Oct 18, 2012 11:24 AM

Jun 2010
My HINA!!!!! why the art so bad for her???
Oct 18, 2012 12:38 PM

Jun 2009
Nothing is better than a Hina episode.
Oct 18, 2012 1:47 PM

May 2009
It was a nice episode overall, but Manglobe's atrocious art and animation almost ruined it for me. I didn't like the character art in the first place, but it looks like it's getting worse with each new episode.

Compared to this, J.C. Staff's art was amazing (and I really liked their style already).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2012 2:51 PM

Sep 2012
hinagiku made this ep a 5/5 for me, i felt that a lot of things were lacking in this episode

i don't really care much about the new artwork, its not great but it isn't entirely bad either, i like it that they gave hina back her feline eyes that she originally had but i still liked the old artwork and the new one feels a bit off, she's got the same pink hair and personality but it feels like im seeing her for the first time

but i like the way they grew her hair in a way, it sort of reflects the fact that she is ageing

the thing that im worried about is that they are gonna toss hina aside after this episode, hina was originally a supporting character but i loved it when she was a main in the last season
Oct 18, 2012 2:55 PM

Dec 2009
Reinou said:

What the hell is that?!
'

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

90 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2012

34 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2012

36 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 10:53 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2012

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2012

27 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 8:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.