Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2012 1:31 PM
May 2012
draker said:
Girls like Silica really piss me off. If you don't want a guy to see your panties then don't wear a fucking miniskirt!
Oh, the anime logic.

so it is her fault that her armor is designed this way?
usually in mmos the fashion tends to be more revealing the better the item is ;P
Jul 28, 2012 1:32 PM

Mar 2012
4/5 I liked the episode but...

too much fan service imo. I'm glad that Silica recognizes Kirito as more of a big brother. I don't want this harem to be blown out of proportion.

I can't wait for next week's episode. Will be epic.
Jul 28, 2012 1:38 PM
Mar 2008
Raphow said:

so it is her fault that her armor is designed this way?
usually in mmos the fashion tends to be more revealing the better the item is ;P

I just hate it when they focus on silly fanservice jokes like this, repeatedly. It's annoying.
Jul 28, 2012 1:39 PM

Aug 2008
Kirito is cute. His seiyuu is doing a pretty good job too!
I liked this episode, even though this is considered as a side story by the LN readers but I want to see the main female character! :)
Jul 28, 2012 1:40 PM

Sep 2011
The best episode so far in adaptation wise,they adapt it quite well.

Kirito show how badass mc he is,the way he own the bandits was really awesome!! Also no matter how he try he always be a good person no matter what.

Silica was also nice,plenty of fanservice of her!! underwear,tentacles,and her blush face was really cute!! Glad that he got Pina back.

So next episode seems will be the murder case....and in 2 episodes(i think that was a good idea is way to big for 1 episode.) thankfully they can fix some things they forgot to do in Aria adaptation this episodes.

BTW Kirito looked so badass here!!!

GIF's/Avatar/SIG's on the Club!!http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=469759&show=0#post1
raxius1230Jul 28, 2012 11:10 PM
Jul 28, 2012 1:43 PM

Nov 2007
oh and one minor thing that bugs me. if this is an mmo there is way too many girls, and cute ones at that. there should be fatties and more guys pretending to be girls to make it like real mmo.
Jul 28, 2012 1:44 PM

Dec 2009
mystik said:
oh and one minor thing that bugs me. if this is an mmo there is way too many girls, and cute ones at that. there should be fatties and more guys pretending to be girls to make it like real mmo.

Ep 1 did have alot of guys that pretended to be girl characters. Haven't you seen episode 1?
Jul 28, 2012 1:50 PM
Mar 2008
mystik said:

In anime world, ugly girls don't exist.
Jul 28, 2012 1:52 PM

Jul 2011
man, i loved this episode, they adapted it quite well, AND IT DIDN'T FEEL RUSHED!! :D

i have to say, it was quite funny to see kirito dressing silica into those clothes, i dont know if he did it on purpose but he certainly has good tastes

also it was nice to see kirito being a badass while also being more protective of his party members and caring about others, i wish they had shown kirito tossing the leader into the gate but hey it was still good

5/5
Jul 28, 2012 1:52 PM

May 2009
It's a good thing she didn't die. :)
Jul 28, 2012 1:54 PM
May 2012
xlRevanlx said:
mystik said:

Ep 1 did have alot of guys that pretended to be girl characters. Haven't you seen episode 1?

well, and it is japan where every girl is supposedly a loli and moe~ :P
Jul 28, 2012 1:57 PM
May 2012
Arumaru said:
It's a good thing she didn't die. :)

that would have been plain stupid...
Jul 28, 2012 1:58 PM

Jun 2012
These side stories are so aggravating
they need to be better
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jul 28, 2012 1:59 PM

Feb 2009
Netto_Azure said:

Edit: Remake is called 'SAO: Progressive" retconning all the sidestories. But that's after Alicization...so 2 years or so from now heh.
Actually, Progressive comes out this Fall. Its releases will just be slower as Kawahara wants to prioritize Alicization. It will start from floor one, will work its way up the floors up to the clearing and hopefully remove the inconsistencies.
Jul 28, 2012 2:03 PM

Aug 2011
Holy shit.

That boast was badass. Also that instant movement (flash step?) that he uses to rush to her to position his blade by her throat was also awesome.
thesnnitroJul 28, 2012 2:14 PM
Jul 28, 2012 2:04 PM
Mar 2012
I wonder how many people are living in this forum
Jul 28, 2012 2:12 PM
Aug 2009
LEVEL 78 !? xD
just one word: he is awesome
Jul 28, 2012 2:18 PM

May 2011
I gotta say, this is probably the most enjoyable episode for me so far. Silica was absolutely adorable and the overall mood of this episode felt very nice. Hoping to get more like this in the future. ^^
Jul 28, 2012 2:22 PM

Feb 2008
Oh my goodness, I can't believe what I just watched. It's not quite as bad as the third episode was but between the tentacle rape, Kirito switching personalities constantly, him being a complete and utter gary stu (hurr I'm now invincible), the awful confrontation scene which honestly felt like a parody with how cliche and trite it was, the pretend 'deep' talk about MMOs being useless with levels, all the Kirito angst, the revival items completely reversing the whole theme of death in the show, and so on.

I wish this was all just an elaborate troll because I can't wrap my head around why this series is so highly rated.
Jul 28, 2012 2:26 PM

Oct 2011
WHAAAAAAAT?? An episode that's not rushed? I'm surprised.

Regardless, this ep was AWESOME. Kirito showing his full badassery right there, and dat Silica + tentacles fanservice....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2012 2:29 PM
Jul 2012
It was good overall, but lately the episodes have been a bit dull and slow, it doesn't make me as excited as its first couple of episodes did. So, right now SAO is letting me down, but if they made it more exciting, then less of the story is actually gonna be showed in the episode.(for the side-stories)
Jul 28, 2012 2:29 PM

Jul 2010
FINALLY.We get to see an episode that's not rushed, im kinda getting back my hope for this series.
Kirito is really a badass, and Silica is so cute *w* Rosalia's a bitch.

Nice nice, let's hope next episodes wont be rushed too, and we will get a solid series with amazing animation.
Jul 28, 2012 2:33 PM
Jun 2009
I choked when the first tentacles appeared.
must. resist. hentai joke.
Jul 28, 2012 2:34 PM

May 2012
wow.. coolest EP so far..

Jul 28, 2012 2:34 PM

Aug 2010
KIRITO WHY U SO BADASS!!!

How he beat them up without touching them was epic.

can't wait to nxt ep...finally some KiritoxAsuna moments
Barion-ZaraJul 28, 2012 2:38 PM
Jul 28, 2012 2:37 PM

Jan 2012
Another great episode. This sure is the best watch of the season. Kirito is badass, owning all lol. Can't wait to see more of this.

Jul 28, 2012 2:42 PM

Nov 2009
Veronin said:
Oh my goodness, I can't believe what I just watched. It's not quite as bad as the third episode was but between the tentacle rape, Kirito switching personalities constantly, him being a complete and utter gary stu (hurr I'm now invincible), the awful confrontation scene which honestly felt like a parody with how cliche and trite it was, the pretend 'deep' talk about MMOs being useless with levels, all the Kirito angst, the revival items completely reversing the whole theme of death in the show, and so on.

I wish this was all just an elaborate troll because I can't wrap my head around why this series is so highly rated.

er despite some details they had to cut it to fit into the anime length, its hard to find any badass + cool protagonist like kirito nowadays, so bear with it ;))

good episode, but i wish they made Red-nosed Reindeer into 2episode cause that side story is quite touching T_T ....
Jul 28, 2012 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
You have acquired 1 Loli.

Badass Kirito is badass and that will gain him girls' hearts.
Jul 28, 2012 2:46 PM

Nov 2007
.....really. This episode pushed the tentacle angle more than I would have liked. I was hoping the otaku pandering would be less even if it's based on a LN, but nope suggestive plants. Okie. Well as long as it doesn't get any worse than this. (It's not really bad, but I'm just sad SAO took a step away from being a title one can recommend to the general population.)

Anyway the episode was good, Silica is likeable, and Kirito is badass. I hope Asuna appears again soon.
Jul 28, 2012 2:49 PM

Jul 2011
Veronin said:

whats wrong with a bit of comedy to lighten up the mood (though in the LN there was only one encounter with the tentacle plant) also there wont be any more of those fanservice moments for a while now so i suppose they wanted to go all out with silica <_<

also kirito hasn't been constantly switching personalities, he has always been the kind, badass solo player while becoming slightly crazy after the death of his guild he reverted back to himself after sachi's last message, though he is much more caring now, he doesn't want anymore people die in front of him, and even went on the mission to hunt down the orange players who killed that guys guild members because he understands his loss

he isn't a gary stu, he fought hard on the front lines and did it all on solo to get to that kind of level, although it doesn't show it as clearly as the LN, they did mention his dangerous training methods when he was preparing to fight "nicholas the renegade" on Christmas, also although it doesn't mention it, to level up your battle healing you would need to receive large amounts damage, its impossible to level it up that high without putting heavy risks to your life.

the revival items that can revive a player are next to nil, there was only one mentioned that came in the Christmas event but that happens only once a year, also that revival item can only revive beasts and is limited to 3 days, if silica didn't revive pina in 3 days "pina's heart" would turn into "pina's remains", also the idea of death just increased because now your not only worrying about monsters, your also worrying about players and who to trust

everything else is just personal taste i suppose but i for one loved that scene where he took on "titans hand" without having to attack anyone
Jul 28, 2012 2:49 PM

Feb 2012
TwinBrave said:
Needs MAWR PLOT.

It will when the main story actually starts.
Jul 28, 2012 2:53 PM

Jan 2012
This anime is amazing!
Jul 28, 2012 3:05 PM
Feb 2012
Kirito total bad ass. He's honestly one of the main reason I'm so interested in watching this anime while ts airing. Normally I would wait till its near finished and then start watching.
Jul 28, 2012 3:10 PM
Jul 2012
AHHH i need Asuna cant wait for kirito and asuno to reunite until then lets hope the show stays solid.
Jul 28, 2012 3:11 PM
Nov 2010
Hmm, the anime is getting pretty good in my opinion. I can now say it'll probably be the best of the summer season.
Jul 28, 2012 3:13 PM

Jun 2010
I didn't think it was rushed, this was probably my favorite episode so far. Silicia is way more likable than I thought she would be, and Kirito was really cute (and badass)this episode, he does indeed make a great brother. <3
TheyLeaveShadowsJul 28, 2012 3:23 PM
Jul 28, 2012 3:26 PM

Aug 2008
It was a very good episode :) Kirito is so cool~ i m looking forward to next episode.
Jul 28, 2012 3:27 PM
Nov 2011
First episode was great, second two felt rushed and kind of boring. This episode though was as good as the first. This anime really makes me want to start playing an MMO. I enjoy the episodes that actually use the game mechanics as plot devices.
Jul 28, 2012 3:32 PM

Jul 2011
Subpar episode
Jul 28, 2012 3:36 PM

Feb 2008
Do you forgot that Kirito is a Beater?
He got the knowledge and experiences to level up quickly, his secret is he actually buy information for that.
Now he is level 74, can't wait when he using dual blade, we all knew about his reaction speed for Novel reading as me.
He put all the blame at him, oh yeah Silica is so adorable can't believe there is someone that hate her.
Silica love Kirito as Oni-chan, sure it is but like other anime she can get jealous. :D

Maybe I should start reading volume 8, haven't done that yet.
They do volume 8 too, I wonder if they going to more arcs after SAO.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 28, 2012 3:41 PM

Feb 2012
Blackbird said:
Do you forgot that Kirito is a Beater?
He got the knowledge and experiences to level up quickly, his secret is he actually buy information for that.
Now he is level 74, can't wait when he using dual blade, we all knew about his reaction speed for Novel reading as me.
He put all the blame at him, oh yeah Silica is so adorable can't believe there is someone that hate her.
Silica love Kirito as Oni-chan, sure it is but like other anime she can get jealous. :D

Maybe I should start reading volume 8, haven't done that yet.
They do volume 8 too, I wonder if they going to more arcs after SAO.

For the future stuff that hasn't been added in the anime yet should be in a spoiler...
Jul 28, 2012 3:42 PM

Jun 2012
damn....can't really wait for the next ep..SAO is one epic anime this season
Jul 28, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
Akiyama said:
(*´д`*)

POMF!? ;)
Jul 28, 2012 3:50 PM

Jul 2011
Silica cute underwears and tentacle moments +1 <3

Kirito cool as always and keep helping different peoples.

More episodes :/ damn another week for new episode...

5/5

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jul 28, 2012 3:50 PM
Apr 2012
Jul 28, 2012 3:51 PM

Feb 2011
That means they have a 40 dps.

That guild must be a full of scrubs.
Jul 28, 2012 3:54 PM
Oct 2010
Well, that was a nice change of mood from last episode. The pace felt ok too, without having read the novels.

So there really are PKs here. Mind broken players or real criminals?

The_Mad_Wizard said:
Akiyama said:
(*´д`*)
POMF!? ;)
I'm ashamed to say I understood your reference but I really laughed.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 28, 2012 4:00 PM
Jan 2012
Rexky said:

And since seven players are fighting, that's an average of 5.71 dps per person. Maybe Kirito's defense is wayyy to high? He is level 74.
Jul 28, 2012 4:00 PM

Jul 2012
This is gonna turn into a harem isn't it.

This had more fanservice then I would've liked. Loli? Tentacles? Seriously?

Well, it was better paced then the last two episodes, still wasn't all that good. I want them to get back on track and pick up on things with Asuna and whatnot.
ihateeveryoneJul 28, 2012 4:54 PM
Jul 28, 2012 4:02 PM

Feb 2012
Rexky said:

Considering how they are in their 40s-55s and, kirito is 78 I don't think it's really fair to blame it on them being noobs.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore?

Hango-Man - 40 minutes ago

1 by samthestan »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 7:25 PM

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Yesterday, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2012

705 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 3:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.