3It was OK
9.0%
2Disliked it
2.9%
1Hated it
4.5%
Average 4.3
1,275 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2012 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Another side story?

Well, it looks like the beast tamer Silica is introduced from the Forest of Wandering. Poor dragon though...

Also, I lol'd @ Silicia's face several times this episode; so priceless ~_~. She's such an innocent little cookie.

Stark700Jul 28, 2012 12:28 PM
Jul 28, 2012 8:26 AM

Jan 2009
>posting a thread when the episode begins rather than when it ends
Huh, as usual, eh? ( ¬‿¬)

Too many tentacles in this episode.
Other than that, it was a pretty well-made episode, honestly.
And Kirito's badassery is always awesome, whether it's reading about it or watching it.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 28, 2012 8:32 AM

Feb 2009
>finished watching the episode
>increased episode count
>thread created
>24 minutes ago
>preview not even mentioned yet
( ¬‿¬)

Silica is such a tentacle magnet.
And it was an okay episode. Kirito being badass is just awesome. Taking those blows from the orange guild like a boss.
Next episode is Murder Case in the Area huh. She'll be back then o/

Also,
>reminds him of his sister
>Silica is short and with twintails
>Suguha, is tall, athletic, short hair, has big boobs
>Kirito's face when ( ¬‿¬)
Jul 28, 2012 8:35 AM
Jun 2011
..I can't watch the episode smoothly..gotta wait for the subs..

..anyway..it's still a SS..I hope the other audience won't be bored until the main story comes..
Jul 28, 2012 8:45 AM

Oct 2010
Keiko was very nice in this episode. I liked a lot her attack in the following,

That was nice.

About Keiko’s fan service, I liked a lot Keiko body in the spoiler
Slim, tight and nice DFC chest. She is definitely to love for her figure. So I know what is best to do *SWIPES INTO HAREM* yeah basically now I have her. I cannot miss such a nice short DFC tight body to have pleasure from.

That being said they did it pretty well. They however did Kirito in the following,

Rather well too in terms of a serious stance.

Other than that Silica in the spoiler
seems some juicy loli tentacles? Well not really but I did fear she would get eaten if Kirito was not there. So I am glad she makes it.

About thee end, I liked the end a lot in the spoiler
for it showed Keiko in MOE poses and it showed her thanks to Kirito along with nervous stances that were nice. Might edit later.

BTW End Art in the spoiler
is nice of Keiko.
Oosran said:
>posting a thread when the episode begins rather than when it ends
Huh, as usual, eh? ( ¬‿¬)
Yeah I know it's stupid but that's stark for you.
Yumekichi11Jul 28, 2012 8:49 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 28, 2012 8:48 AM

Dec 2009
(*´д`*)
Jul 28, 2012 8:51 AM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
>Keiko
>Keiko
>Keiko
:too much to keep track of:
Just call her Silica instead. щ(゚Д゚щ)
They're in the game, so you might as well just address her with her in-game name, right? Besides, nowhere in the episode is it mentioned that her name is anything other than Silica, so just stick with that instead.
I mean, you're calling Kirito Kirito, right?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 28, 2012 8:52 AM

Dec 2009
And so the Loli appears. I like this episode for the fan service heh.

But otherwise poor Pina...at least in the end...
Jul 28, 2012 8:53 AM

Oct 2010
Akiyama said:
(*´д`*)
I got better for you in the spoiler
custom made like she was being done. Well you get the pic there. HAHA! I forgot to mention insert yourself between her arms.
Oosran said:
Yumekichi11 said:
>Keiko
>Keiko
>Keiko
:too much to keep track of:
Just call her Silica instead. щ(゚Д゚щ)
They're in the game, so you might as well just address her with her in-game name, right? Besides, nowhere in the episode is it mentioned that her name is anything other than Silica, so just stick with that instead.
I mean, you're calling Kirito Kirito, right?
Right and Silica sounds I don't know, I like Keiko better and it sounds nice. Why Silica. Reminds me of Silicon. I don't like it.

Yes Kirito and I like that name. Silica no, well it's OK and tolerating but that's it.

Jul 28, 2012 9:22 AM

Aug 2011
Needs MAWR PLOT.
Jul 28, 2012 9:23 AM

Nov 2007
Showing of two girls in a group in argument.

Twintail girl in pinch and her pet died protecting her, and main guy saved him. He tries helping her with reviving her pet. lol~ because she looks like his sister (actually cousin who grew up with him, and always helped him)? That's so cute. She's popular with guys to group because she's cute, but weak. The original group showed up and that girl who argued against her says bad thing about her (and him?).

Funny moments between them during the path to get the flower.

So the group she was with was "orange" who hunt for rare items? Wow, the main guy is really high level with really cool special skill!!

Wait, that twintail girl is voiced by Last Order/ Inu x Boku SS tsundere girl??
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 28, 2012 9:35 AM

Jan 2009
tsubasalover said:
So the group she was with was "orange" who hunt for rare items?
Not quite right. Orange players assault other players because it's generally easier to gang up on weak players and steal their items than it is to go farming monsters and hope that some good stuff drops.
And then there are the Red players, who've gone one step further and actually kill other players.

Also,
tsubasalover said:
Wait, that twintail girl is voiced by Last Order/ Inu x Boku SS tsundere girl??
Yeah. That would be Hidaka Rina.
Jul 28, 2012 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Yes Kirito and I like that name. Silica no, well it's OK and tolerating but that's it.

I just call her Silica unless she has another nickname besides Keiko that sounds more cute.
Jul 28, 2012 9:44 AM
Apr 2011
Only raw now???
Jul 28, 2012 9:48 AM

Jan 2008
I actually like the way it turned out! wow.. i like how they animate silica's sword skills, wish i could see more. And kirito should get a better looking coat lol

Finally next week we get to see Asuna! :D

Edit:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another side story?

Well, it looks like the beast tamer Silica is introduced from the Forest of Wandering. Poor dragon though :(...

Huh? The show wasn't even aired and we have a thread on this? Is this a new trend in MAL to post before episode are watched? I'm feel so leftout..
idJul 28, 2012 9:54 AM
Jul 28, 2012 10:06 AM

Oct 2010
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I just call her Silica unless she has another nickname besides Keiko that sounds more cute.
I don't like it at all. Keiko sounds nicer. Seriously Silica for me reminds me too much of Silicone and for some reason I don't like that feel. What's wrong with Keiko. It's a nice girl name used often.

Jul 28, 2012 10:12 AM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I don't like it at all. Keiko sounds nicer. Seriously Silica for me reminds me too much of Silicone and for some reason I don't like that feel. What's wrong with Keiko. It's a nice girl name used often.
Basically it's just the fact that someone who only watched the anime and didn't look her name up on, say, the MAL page's character list wouldn't know her by any other name than Silica.
Actually, LN readers also know her as Silica.
What's wrong with silicone anyway? It's a fantastically useful, heat-resistant synthetic compound that can be used as a sealant against air and water.
Jul 28, 2012 10:12 AM

Nov 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Cause it's the name that she goes by in SAO. Keiko also sounds nice but I'm going with Silica when she's in game and Keiko when she's irl.
Jul 28, 2012 10:26 AM

Dec 2008
The hype around this anime is much greater than the anime itself!
^_~
Jul 28, 2012 10:28 AM

Jul 2011
Surprisingly, a great adaptation.

I don't have any major complaints outside the skipping of mechanics as usual. This episode was one of the easier ones to adapt, in both length and in detail [not a lot of complex character development, as cool as twin tails are, she's a simple character].

It should also be noted that it has been a game since the game has started. The players are maturing, and essentially being raised in SAO.
mdzJul 28, 2012 3:37 PM
Jul 28, 2012 10:31 AM

Dec 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Hahahaha...you must really hate them BETA huh to hate on Silicon? XD
Jul 28, 2012 11:11 AM

Oct 2010
Netto_Azure said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Hahahaha...you must really hate them BETA huh to hate on Silicon? XD
THAT'S IT! You made me realize it.

Jul 28, 2012 11:12 AM

Jul 2010
Silica makes for a nice addition.
Jul 28, 2012 11:15 AM

Feb 2008
Now it was the first time I even felt it was really rushing here.
Since I already read the novel I knew what would be happend here, but still fun to see Silica this was my favorite episode so far.
I thought it would become more action here but felt the action different from the novel thought.

I can't remember well if the main story will progness next episode but I do remember the title somewhere, can't wait for Asuna x Kirito party, they will make such a good combination.
I do like they follow the timelines correctly and not cover volume 8, since it's still far ahead.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 28, 2012 11:38 AM
Jan 2010
I haven't watched it yet cause im waiting for UTWoots. I don't remember the scene where Silica is on her undies on the LN, maybe my bad memory is just ticking again. I thought it was Liz' arc next, but it was murder case eh. Didn't notice it at all lol
Jul 28, 2012 11:47 AM

Feb 2009
zilentworld said:
I haven't watched it yet cause im waiting for UTWoots. I don't remember the scene where Silica is on her undies on the LN, maybe my bad memory is just ticking again. I thought it was Liz' arc next, but it was murder case eh. Didn't notice it at all lol
She was on her undies in the LN but it was her that visited Kirito in his room. In here it was Kirito who visited her room. inb4 LN readers complain.

And Murder Case is said to be 2 episodes. Warmth of the Heart is after that.
Jul 28, 2012 12:03 PM

Dec 2010
belatkuro said:
Murder Case is said to be 2 episodes. Warmth of the Heart is after that.

I dnt get why they would use two episodes on Murder case and not Aria, Murder Case wasn't even extremely important, IMO "First Day" had way more importance, but oh well if i criticize to much I would end up acting like the people who rant on here so I guess it is what is it is, in any case that means the "main story" starts after the warmth of the heart right?

Jul 28, 2012 12:07 PM

Oct 2011
LOL was that the couple from episode 1 at the beginning?
Jul 28, 2012 12:40 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
belatkuro said:
Murder Case is said to be 2 episodes. Warmth of the Heart is after that.

I dnt get why they would use two episodes on Murder case and not Aria, Murder Case wasn't even extremely important, IMO "First Day" had way more importance, but oh well if i criticize to much I would end up acting like the people who rant on here so I guess it is what is it is, in any case that means the "main story" starts after the warmth of the heart right?

Geez whiners are never happy. Aria was fine. the cuts were proper. you even forget that in the LN the author makes the mistake and say in Murder Case that it was the first time Kirito parties with Asuna, which directly contradicts Aria:

"Asuna angrily stated as she seemed to be lecturing a stupid little brother, and then opened a window and invited me to a party. I cringed my head back a little and immediately pressed on the accept button, and right below my HP bar at the top left hand corner, I could see Asuna's small HP bar.

Now that I think about this, this is the first time I'm teaming up with this girl. Of course, we've met many times as part of the clearing group, but she is the sub-leader of the strongest guild, and I'm just a small solo player, so we haven't had much chance to talk to each other. "

You're treating Aria as Gospel when it clearly isn't. only vol. 1 is Gospel. Everything else is side-story, and as side-stories should be as short as possible
Jul 28, 2012 12:45 PM
Oct 2010
was that his sister? 0_o

kirito laid out teh raepz this week
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 28, 2012 12:46 PM

Dec 2011
Alright. Finally a decent episode since episode 1.
I guess Silica is the dojikko of this anime.

Kirito is a BAMF. He let those orange guys slash him.
His autorecovery is too high!
That is how you prove what being strong is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2012 12:48 PM

Feb 2008
One of the better episodes so far. It was extremely well paced despite leaving certain stuff out. The transitions are much better than the last and everything is pretty coherent. Not only that but we get more insight to Kirito's personality as well as his character making the episode feel more heartfelt than the previous. The action seemed alright. The information about the game is extremely well presented especially about player colors. The only part that was a bit odd was when Kirito talked about Suguha.

Good animation, I enjoyed it for what it was and I'm surprised that they're willing to change his outfits nearly every episode.

Next episode is another side story but from vol 7 rather than 2. I'm hoping that this will be two episodes instead of one because of how detailed and well-thoughtout the entire story was. Hopefully....
Jul 28, 2012 12:58 PM

Mar 2012

Kirito is looking at Silica's ass lol
Jul 28, 2012 1:03 PM

Feb 2009
Silica is cute.. I really wish I could see Kirito fight at the front lines.
Jul 28, 2012 1:04 PM
Dec 2009
Damn, kirito is getting OP.
Jul 28, 2012 1:11 PM

Jan 2009
kayos90 said:
Good animation, I enjoyed it for what it was and I'm surprised that they're willing to change his outfits nearly every episode.

Next episode is another side story but from vol 7 rather than 2. I'm hoping that this will be two episodes instead of one because of how detailed and well-thoughtout the entire story was. Hopefully....
I seem to remember there being discussion about whether Kirito had the same coat all the way from the 1st Floor boss, so that might be why they decided to clearly show that he's properly upgrading his gear.

Also, vol.8, mind you. 7 is Mother Rosario.
But yeah, should definitely be 2 episodes. Hopefully the director thinks so too.

plushkin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Geez whiners are never happy. Aria was fine. the cuts were proper. you even forget that in the LN the author makes the mistake and say in Murder Case that it was the first time Kirito parties with Asuna, which directly contradicts Aria:

"Asuna angrily stated as she seemed to be lecturing a stupid little brother, and then opened a window and invited me to a party. I cringed my head back a little and immediately pressed on the accept button, and right below my HP bar at the top left hand corner, I could see Asuna's small HP bar.

Now that I think about this, this is the first time I'm teaming up with this girl. Of course, we've met many times as part of the clearing group, but she is the sub-leader of the strongest guild, and I'm just a small solo player, so we haven't had much chance to talk to each other. "

You're treating Aria as Gospel when it clearly isn't. only vol. 1 is Gospel. Everything else is side-story, and as side-stories should be as short as possible
Actually, it can be interpreted as "the first time they party without it being for a boss fight".
In Aria, they grouped up solely for the boss, after all.
Though I'm well aware that there are some minor inconsistencies, so it's not like I'm trying to defend it here.
Actually, isn't Kawahara working on a remake kind of thing which further expands the story and eliminates the inconsistencies?
Jul 28, 2012 1:12 PM

Dec 2009
lolzteez said:
LOL was that the couple from episode 1 at the beginning?

Yes it is. xDDD Nice throwback.

Welp finally saw the CR-subs. Great adaptation, feels better to have a more light-hearted episode than Ep. 3 LOL.

But yeah, this episode and the next one highlights the differences between Orange Guilds and Red Guilds...and how MMO players personality changes online. Or people in general on the internet. :V

Power corrupts. Except Kirito, cuz he's a BAMF Ace. Seriously, he just stands there and lets the Bad Ass flow out. xDDD

Edit: Remake is called 'SAO: Progressive" retconning all the sidestories. But that's after Alicization...so 2 years or so from now heh.
Jul 28, 2012 1:14 PM

Feb 2012
Another solid episode but still waiting for the plot to get moving!
Jul 28, 2012 1:16 PM

Sep 2009
So "Black swordsman" SS was adapted quite good. So we'll get more SS next? As excepted Lizbet's SS would be later.
Jul 28, 2012 1:17 PM

Dec 2009
shinigami013x said:
Another solid episode but still waiting for the plot to get moving!

Technically the plot is moving, it's just giving a lot of information about the world of SAO. There will be a lot of references to all of these points by the main plot of Ep.8-ish I think. xD
Jul 28, 2012 1:19 PM

Feb 2008
I don't want to derail the thread to talking about the next episode, specifically the Murder Case so I'll keep it short. Despite Aria being adapted into one episode, it was very coherent and was very well done. This was because Aria at its core was actually a very short story with a lot of stuff padding it, though the padding was very good stuff such as more information about the game and such. However, with Murder Case, I feel that it has so much information about the core story itself that it will require two episodes. However, this can be easily remedied by having an original take on the case but the core content necessary to tell a coherent story requires two episodes.
Jul 28, 2012 1:20 PM

Aug 2011
This ep was better than the last one...

I actually don't have that much expectation for this show anymore but I still like it very much.

But one thing.... WHERE'S ASUNA?!
May 2012
very good episode

5/5

May 2012
This episode is pretty good despite this being my least favorite side stories. The anime show more of Silica's fights than I expected (one scene). And the one-way battle against the Titian's Hand made me all tingly inside. (and snickered a little of Kirito's rolling spurs on his shoe)
CAN"T wait for the Murder Case and Liz's story before the main storyline! But when did you read that the Murder Case was two episode?
The bonds within stories are unbound, unexpected, unspoken.
Only the characters themselves can see the truth of their feelings.
No matter what others would deem incompatible or not.
"Because we're imperfect, we couldn't help but search for each other.
Because we're imperfect, we couldn't help but hurt each other."
'Perfect World'
by Rocky Chack Spice and Wolf II
Jul 28, 2012 1:23 PM

Nov 2007
It's really nice having a main character that isn't useless for once. Kirito is actually strong, and rather cool.

I could have done without a loli being introduced who is more concerned about her panties being seen than being useful.

Kirito owning Rosalia and her goons was great though.
Mar 2008
Girls like Silica really piss me off. If you don't want a guy to see your panties then don't wear a fucking miniskirt!
Oh, the anime logic.
May 2012
wow, pretty good episode actually.
I'm relieved that she didn't die along the way
was kinda expecting another drama x)
Jul 28, 2012 1:24 PM

Feb 2008
draker said:
Girls like Silica really piss me off. If you don't want a guy to see your panties then don't wear a fucking miniskirt!
Oh, the anime logic.

Kirito is the one who gave her that outfit though...
Jul 28, 2012 1:25 PM

Nov 2010
draker said:
Oh, the anime logic.

Then people have no reason to buy the Blu Rays! lol...
Jul 28, 2012 1:30 PM

Oct 2010
kayos90 said:
draker said:
Oh, the anime logic.

Kirito is the one who gave her that outfit though...
Well at least it shows his tastes. Does he have knack for magical girls by chance?
Forbbidenx said:

Kirito is looking at Silica's ass lol
HAHAHAAHA! I did not notice. Oh dear I hope this does not turn into another "Kirito has lolicon fetishes" thing. I can already see it.

Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

66 by Mousu-kun »»
2 hours ago

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

58 by AtelierAni »»
Yesterday, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.