Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 20, 2012 10:54 AM
Jan 2011
Oh boy, Ao is now a wanted kid.
Apr 20, 2012 10:54 AM
Sep 2011
This show is building a quite believable yet compelling relationship between Naru and Ao.

I also really like Ao as a protagonist. He is neither wimpy nor too hot-headed.
Apr 20, 2012 10:55 AM

Feb 2012
This is what I wanted from the first episode, this feeling that the original gave me in the first two episodes, action, characters and awesome soundtrack, I'm sold.

But I still don't know what the hell is going on and I hate that about AO.
Apr 20, 2012 11:42 AM

Aug 2009
I always wondered this.

What happened to Thurston? The legend of the First and Second Summer of love, I hope they reference that in the future.

And if so, I wonder if `Fukai Ao becomes Ao Thurston at the end.

What confuses me is that, they said the the Mark I was out of battle since a year ago and then said ten years ago... subtitle mistake or am i just reading wrong?

Good episode, I have a feeling Naru is older than Ao i need to confirm that... not like its anything bad.

And its nice to see that Ao doesn't have Renton's personality. Furthermore, who else can Ao's mother be at this point? Eureka obviously. I don't need to explains.

But then again, I don't really find Ao's voice to be as powerful as Rentons.

Opening was kl, especially the end scene where they try to make it look like Eureka Seven, especially Mark I in Nirvash's stance.

Oh right, the soundrack at this point so far is really disappointing D:
Apr 20, 2012 11:54 AM
Apr 2012
BRSxIgnition said:
BTW: Am I the only one that loves it when the nirvash loses its arm, and Ao is awesome and says "It's not lost! Just pick it up!!" ...?

I'm pretty sure that's an 08th MS Team reference - the first anime was full of Gundam shoutouts and homages, after all. And yes, it was awesome.
Apr 20, 2012 12:11 PM

Oct 2011
Lontaku said:

I'm sorry, what?
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Apr 20, 2012 12:28 PM

Feb 2012
Sanguis said:

Oh, and I just noticed that this is going to be 24 episodes? Shame, I was hoping it would go up to 50. ):

It's only 12 episode long :/ where did ya get that info?

BRSxIgnition said:
Lontaku said:

You shitting me?
Apr 20, 2012 12:32 PM
Apr 2012
Where the hell is all this conflicting info on the number of planned episodes coming from? Start citing your sources, please.
Apr 20, 2012 12:36 PM

Oct 2008
fdsfgs said:
Calling it now - AO is an alternate universe, Scub Bursts are large chunks of Scub Coral "bursting" through into the universe that AO is set in, from the end of Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven. This would explain several discrepancies such as dates, lack of heart on the moon, and the vastly different levels of technology between KSE7 and AO.

This is what I'm subscribing to; there were a lot of hints at the end of the first series and even *cough* the movie *cough* that pointed to inter-dimensional travel.
Apr 20, 2012 12:41 PM

Feb 2012
fdsfgs said:
Where the hell is all this conflicting info on the number of planned episodes coming from? Start citing your sources, please.

MAL says 24 episodes.

ZBurn said:

No way this would work with only 12 episodes, think about it.
Apr 20, 2012 12:44 PM

Apr 2011
Well I think the Ao's childhood friend will be his Eureka and they will get together before the end of the series. Can't wait until they get off the island though and great OP.
Apr 20, 2012 12:46 PM

Oct 2011
MAL and the website both state that this will be 24 episodes - why are people thinking otherwise..?
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Apr 20, 2012 12:52 PM

Feb 2008
Is that you Apollo Justice?

Chords of STEEL!

Apr 20, 2012 1:02 PM

Apr 2010
ZBurn said:
Sanguis said:

Oh, and I just noticed that this is going to be 24 episodes? Shame, I was hoping it would go up to 50. ):

BRSxIgnition said:
Lontaku said:

You shitting me?

It has a soundtrack?
Apr 20, 2012 1:13 PM

Oct 2011
Solkiskey said:
It has a soundtrack?

Hard to hear since it fits so well, but yeah, it does.
Apr 20, 2012 1:28 PM

Jan 2008
I'm personally loving the OST; the song starting when they shot the FP anchors onto the Jap ship, the one when he starts up the Mark I and the one after he gains control before crashing in the Scub Coral. Gonna be a great OST.

Can't wait for more episodes, so far it's very good.
Apr 20, 2012 1:32 PM

Apr 2011
Love this series. Eureka 7 was greatfull, see what happens from this new title.
Apr 20, 2012 1:59 PM

Oct 2007
The series has officially been confirmed to be 24 episodes by the producers. There's also an additional OVA too.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Apr 20, 2012 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah I knew this anime would be 24 episodes, kind of had a feeling of that, it's Eureka Seven we are taking about.

That's not really normal to someone having blue hair, so the hair was normal until he begin to pilot it " welcome back Eureka " .
Well, humans is always afraid of someone have big power.
Geh I can't remember well what happend in orginale Eureka Seven.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 20, 2012 3:15 PM
Jun 2009
well, if i remember well, in the end of the first season, Eureka and Renton's aim was to, as a couple make people accept the cohabitation between humans and coralians. But nothing says it was a success. would it be surprising if a part of humanity still hated the scab coral and the coralians after their world nearly came to an endbecause of them? if so that could explain why people of Okinawa seem to hate anybody looking like a coralian.
that would explain why Eureka was tainting her hair in the flashback
Apr 20, 2012 3:41 PM
Apr 2012
^

I'm having one of my lazy days so No in-depth

Person above me summed it up in the fewest possible words

This sorry to say but this episode wasn't spectacular, last episode was 10/10 this would rate a 8/10

Had its epic moments (Right arm lost, Its not lost pick it up) Nice little romantic ending and from what I see their already dating... Last episode him grabbing her hands classic
Apr 20, 2012 4:11 PM

Sep 2008
Wait... where's my kickback-front-drop-jump thing?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2012 4:18 PM
Apr 2012
HawthorneKitty said:
Wait... where's my kickback-front-drop-jump thing?

Cutback drop turn? Wasn't that in the episode?
Apr 20, 2012 4:35 PM

Nov 2007
Lontaku said:

Apr 20, 2012 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
AW SHIT SON THAT WAS AWESOME
Apr 20, 2012 4:54 PM
Dec 2007
I never thought I'd say this one week ago but AO is as good as Eureka seveN for now, probably even better as far as the first five episodes of the first series are concerned. This episode was incredibly well directed, the new characters are fantastic and the atmosphere is reminiscent of the one in E7 despite the setting being different. And that comes from someone that rated the first series 10/10, 2nd best anime of 2005 and best mecha anime of the past decade ;) Just... wow.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 20, 2012 4:55 PM

Jan 2011
The second episode in Eureka 7 AO is just motivating me even more to marathon the original. From the comments it doesn't look like it will clear up confusion on the connection between the two, but I'm already glad to be spoiled regarding the ending of the original. Great franchise for Bones--I hope they handle it well! (and I want Naru to come up behind me and give me a big hug too--although that would probably get me in trouble for all sorts of reasons...)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 20, 2012 5:17 PM
Feb 2012
So when grandpa Fukai remembers original Nirvash, the new color indicates the army/whoever did a paint job lol, but it's more cool now :D

And since we're all about color changing - Ao's hair: hmm yea he definitely isn't Eureka's kid trololol
Apr 20, 2012 6:16 PM
Apr 2012
Speculation

/m/ said:
They've been hinting it way since the beginning of episode 1. If you look at the Scubs, they have what look like LFO parts and those rods that they used to stop the terraforming Scubs in them.

/m/ said:
Dimensional shift? Yes.

Timeline shift? Not implied at the time, but it works for AO.

Interesting tidbit: the coralian reef Ao fought on in ep 2 seemed to be helping him out by spitting out extra trappar. It knows what's up.

Conjecture: a "scub burst" is a scub fleeing over to this universe, which has been like a scub safehouse. When the monsters follow them it's literally that: the monster managed to follow the scub before the scub closed its warp gate.

Generation Blue has somehow gotten a dump of near E7-tier tech that they've partially reverse-engineered, and their job for now is to eliminate the monsters and protect the scubs until some better option is on the table.

Mystery: why are scubs fleeing to this universe? What happened on E7's earth post-series? Who are "the secret" and why are they attacking? How strict is the time delta between the worlds? Is it always 10k years difference? How did something happen in 1940?

/m/ said:
Interesting that you mention that. The black and pink G-monster design reminded me of the antispiral human extermination system from Gurren Lagann and it occurred to me that perhaps it's some sort of automated anti-scub coral system. It doesn't appear to be a mech, or have a pilot and it's not very bright.

But it seems to mainly attack humans and human structures, it was only firing on the scub coral because AO was in front of it.

Who the fuck knows. I like your interpretation better than mine at least.

/m/ said:
I just realized there's a perfectly good reason for scubs to want to spread out: we all know that there's too many of them on E7-Earth, which is why they were mostly dormant. The command clusters job was to keep them asleep until it was there turn to be awake for a bit.

Pretty natural to have said "fuck this, let's spread out across the multiverse, that way we can all actually be awake"...only to run into a new enemy, and now the shit's hit the fan.

Did you see how much more "active" those scubs were than any we saw in E7? BONES is careful about stuff like that.

These "monsters" do seem automated and not that bright. It seems like their priorities are direct threats (IFOs) #1, scubs #2, immediate surroundings #3, but they're too lazy or lack sensor gear to let them detect scubs that aren't right under their nose.

/m/ said:
Okay lets make this easy, whenever we don't understand something in this show: we blame Dewey.

Hell, I wouldn't put it past him to make a Coralian extermination system in case his last plan didn't work.
Apr 20, 2012 7:01 PM

Dec 2011
It seemed like Ao's mother Eureka was in distress. She was dying her hair. o.o

Great fight between Ao and the Secret.
Apr 20, 2012 8:20 PM
Apr 2011
What do terms SDF? stand for UOA?
Apr 20, 2012 9:14 PM
Apr 2012
7godeohs said:
:Nirvash gets left arm chopped off

Ao: It's not lost! Pick it up!

*and then proceeds to jam THE BLUNT END in the G-Monsters head/face(?)*
Gotta love Ao man :)

AddleBoy said:
Chords of STEEL!

LOL that was EXACTLY the first thing I thought of. Maybe he got tired of being upstaged by Phoenix and decided to enter the navy XD
porkiewpyneApr 20, 2012 9:17 PM
Apr 20, 2012 9:36 PM

Apr 2012
fdsfgs said:
Calling it now - AO is an alternate universe, Scub Bursts are large chunks of Scub Coral "bursting" through into the universe that AO is set in, from the end of Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven. This would explain several discrepancies such as dates, lack of heart on the moon, and the vastly different levels of technology between KSE7 and AO.

it was specifically clarified as not an AU
Apr 20, 2012 9:55 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty interesting Ao maybe kinda of wimpy but i like how he doesn't back down and grows a pair in the moment :P,only thing i'm wondering since we know Eureka is his son when the Doc said when he saw Nirvash * have you returned..* does that mean she could still be alive? because i guess hasn't really been confirmed if Eureka was dead or not.
Apr 20, 2012 10:26 PM
Apr 2012
Bloodhail said:
fdsfgs said:

Could you provide a source for your claim?
Apr 20, 2012 10:52 PM

Oct 2011
I love how Ao is a lot like Renton; somewhat wimpy, but confident when it matters.

This show feels a lot like the original's first two episodes so far, just in a somewhat more serious tone.
Apr 20, 2012 11:32 PM

Apr 2012
fdsfgs said:
Bloodhail said:
fdsfgs said:

http://populationgo.com/post/14980686461/eureka-seven-ao-is-a-direct-sequel-to-eureka-seven
Apr 21, 2012 12:07 AM

Feb 2008
endlessabyss said:

SDF stands for the Special Defense Force, which is the name of Japan's armed forces. I'm not sure what UOA stands for, though.

Apr 21, 2012 12:22 AM

Oct 2011
not as good ,but its enjoyable :) love the op,but ao's VA dosnt realy fit :?
Apr 21, 2012 12:59 AM
Jul 2008
AddleBoy said:
endlessabyss said:

SDF stands for the Special Defense Force, which is the name of Japan's armed forces. I'm not sure what UOA stands for, though.
United Okinawan Archipelago.
Apr 21, 2012 1:09 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting episode, Ao looks quite different with the hair color change

Is this a direct sequel? Maybe I should finish the first season.
Apr 21, 2012 1:24 AM

Jun 2010
I think I found some sight in this ep
first, they said that this scub burst is the biggest one after "10 years ago"
does that seems weird to you guys? It's not referring to 2nd summer of love that happened because of Renton and Eureka.. From my calculation, it should be happened "14 years ago" (you see, Renton and Eureka was disappeared for 1 year and Ao is 13 now)
so something had happened when Ao was 3 and that's why Renton and Eureka disappeared..
Also, I'm disappointed they didn't even show 1 of the old characters in the op ( exept nirvash spec 3, that's all)..
Hope it's only for blurring the story so it's not easy to predict it..
Somehow, I miss gekkostate, Linck, Maeter, Maurice, Dominic and Anemone
Apr 21, 2012 2:17 AM

Apr 2008
dstiny123 said:
I think I found some sight in this ep
first, they said that this scub burst is the biggest one after "10 years ago"
does that seems weird to you guys? It's not referring to 2nd summer of love that happened because of Renton and Eureka.. From my calculation, it should be happened "14 years ago" (you see, Renton and Eureka was disappeared for 1 year and Ao is 13 now)
so something had happened when Ao was 3 and that's why Renton and Eureka disappeared..
Also, I'm disappointed they didn't even show 1 of the old characters in the op ( exept nirvash spec 3, that's all)..
Hope it's only for blurring the story so it's not easy to predict it..
Somehow, I miss gekkostate, Linck, Maeter, Maurice, Dominic and Anemone

Uh you forget something. Renton and Eureka could not conceive Ao at the end of Eureka Seven. THEY WERE STILL KIDS
Apr 21, 2012 2:33 AM

Jan 2009
Awww yeah, that was awesome overall. Really got some chills from the music + mecha action, it's such a great feeling. I think this was even better than the first episode.

Though it left me wondering, will we see the trio founding the Mark 1 in the cave since the "head" of the trio said "why don't we go to the cave for old time's sake" or so...? The episode just kinda let that out, so I guess it'll show in the next one. Started to like Ao's character, too "It's not lost! Pick it up" dat attitude, nice one.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 21, 2012 4:04 AM

Mar 2011
AWESOME
I'm starting to like Ao
And that action is superb
Definitely one of the best anime this season
Apr 21, 2012 4:40 AM

Apr 2011
AddleBoy said:

Chords of STEEL!

LOL.
Apr 21, 2012 5:12 AM

Nov 2010
the_trainman said:
So when grandpa Fukai remembers original Nirvash, the new color indicates the army/whoever did a paint job lol, but it's more cool now :D

And since we're all about color changing - Ao's hair: hmm yea he definitely isn't Eureka's kid trololol

But it's the original color in the cover picture.
Apr 21, 2012 6:57 AM

Oct 2009
I loved this ep for so many reasons ^_^

This is most definitely a direct sequel as many have said before.
Apr 21, 2012 7:14 AM

Jan 2012
AdolChristin said:
the_trainman said:

But it's the original color in the cover picture.

One thing i don't get, and i hope is touched on sometime soon because it kinda bugs me. Those talking about color scheme changing of the Nirvash etc etc.......

Just gonna throw this out there.

Apr 21, 2012 7:27 AM
Apr 2012
Bloodhail said:
fdsfgs said:
Bloodhail said:
fdsfgs said:

http://populationgo.com/post/14980686461/eureka-seven-ao-is-a-direct-sequel-to-eureka-seven

It's possible for AO to take part in another universe while still being a "direct sequel."

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.