Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 13, 2012 6:18 PM

Jun 2010
After this episode I have soo many questions and the biggest of them all is what happen to Eureka and Renton and what happen in between these two series. Hopefully it will be a long series like the Eureka Seven was. But so far it looks interesting and I am def. looking forward to more
Apr 13, 2012 6:24 PM

Oct 2009
Dangerr said:
BRSxIgnition said:
AidanAK47 said:
BRSxIgnition said:

I..... what..? What is this I don't even....

Read the thread I just put up. Read the other posts on this one. I don't even get how you arrived at that conclusion.

I watched the episode and made those deductions from it. Obviously I could be wrong. Though would you like me to explain in detail?

Since you did look at the posts I made/mentioned - at the end of Eureka Seven (SPOILERS FOLLOW)
the Nirvash took half of the planet's Scub Coral with it into space, saving earth, and letting the humans and coral both live there. By doing this, it exposed the sear, japan, and other states - Others remain covered as far as we can tell.

Nirvash told both Eureka and Renton to lead on as an example for relations between the coralians and the humans on this "new earth" that was uncovered one more.

AO takes place 13 years or so after that ending.

It can't be this simple, however, as the geopolitical identities and cultures are far too fragmented and distinct to have simply taken place 13 years later. For example, a mere thirteen years isn't nearly enough time for the people of Earth to break off from the United Federation and to suddenly adopt ancient nations (such as Japan and America) for themselves. There were also displays of specifically Japanese xenophobia, which again, just culturally wouldn't have existed at this time (not xenophobia in general, obviously).

Either it's a time-travel story, where Ao (obviously the son of Eureka and Renton) has somehow been injected into the past, when the Scub were an emerging threat on Earth, or the scenario where he's been injected into an alternate universe, where such geopolitical boundaries and cultures are possible, even in this time-period. Or it could even be both; I just don't think, however, that it is a simple continuation 13 years set after the first series, in the SAME Universe.

Like or hate the movie, it had an obvious canonical connection to the first series, and it was clearly an alternate universe set shortly after the "Second Summer of Love"; it only makes sense that this series is likely a similar scenario, albeit with a much more direct connection, with him being the first series' protagonists' actual son.

All I can say is thanks because at least some of this is helping connect the dots after not watching the original for four years :p

oh and is it just me or does Naru look like Talho's daughter??? o.0
Moon_RiverApr 13, 2012 7:18 PM
Apr 13, 2012 8:22 PM
Jan 2012
Speechless, my heart stopped beating on the flashback scene of Eureka <3
Apr 13, 2012 9:43 PM

Oct 2008
BRSxIgnition said:
Dangerr said:
It can't be this simple, however, as the geopolitical identities and cultures are far too fragmented and distinct to have simply taken place 13 years later. For example, a mere thirteen years isn't nearly enough time for the people of Earth to break off from the United Federation and to suddenly adopt ancient nations (such as Japan and America) for themselves. There were also displays of specifically Japanese xenophobia, which again, just culturally wouldn't have existed at this time (not xenophobia in general, obviously)

I say 13 years or so as a minimum - seeing as Ao is 13 years old. Considering Eureka and Renton conceived a child right around the ending time of the original anime, then Ao would be the son, and there wouldn't be any time-travel or anything. Of course, they could have only conceived a child much later, and this series could take place as many as 25 years after the original - we don't know yet.

You can delve as deep as you want into your theories - but I don't think that it is anything as obviously ridiculous as time-travel. Time travel never occurred in the original, why would it spring up now?

Also, with the original earth exposed, it wouldn't be hard for someone to find SOME kind of map with the original names of the countries, correct? Either data or otherwise.

Supergrunt8 said:
Alot of things are contradicting themselves. First the existence of Japan, According to a map shown in one of the scenes, this is taking place in Earth, Then why is there Trapar?
5/5

If I remember the correlation correctly, Trapar still exist because the Coral still exists on the planet. Nirvash only took half of the Scub Coral with it when it left the planet in the original.

Japan still exists because the planet was only covered by Scub Coral, not destroyed by it.

Except, I don't think time-travel is ridiculous, as the scub coral were capable of influencing space and time with just thought alone; given this fact, I think time-travel is well within its capabilities, given its displays of power in the past. Just because time travel wasn't explicitly shown in the first series, it doesn't dismiss the possibility.

Also, while humans would undoubtedly have access to knowledge of our modern geopolitical climate, I highly doubt that they'd flock towards recreating these national identities in such a short amount of time. I'll go a step further and concede that they may label each respective region the same ancestral names that they have today, but would not rush to form fully autonomous governments and then adopt their cultures and prejudices in such an absurdly quick manner.
Apr 13, 2012 10:07 PM

Oct 2008
Zhao_Yun said:
Supergrunt8 said:

I agree.

Alot of things are contradicting themselves. First the existence of Japan, According to a map shown in one of the scenes, this is taking place in Earth, Then why is there Trapar?

From what I saw this is clearly a sequel (eureka appearing before Ao)

Despite this I really enjoyed this episode, and im confident all of these questions will be answered.

5/5

Image of the last seconds of Eureka Seven Episode 50

It wasn't mentioned in the show, but I think I heard I heard it through a secondary source, though I may be wrong.
Apr 14, 2012 12:47 AM
Apr 2011
The episode looks good.

As for Ao, is it me or that his voice doesn't seem to fit the character and the rest of the characters of the show? Also his hair colour is brown?

Apr 14, 2012 2:25 AM

Oct 2008
endlessabyss said:
The episode looks good.

As for Ao, is it me or that his voice doesn't seem to fit the character and the rest of the characters of the show? Also his hair colour is brown?

More than likely dyeing it to fit in; turquoise isn't exactly a normal hair-color.
Apr 14, 2012 8:00 AM

Oct 2011
razor39999 said:
bastek66 said:
Alterego-X said:
So there must be time travel involved.

Nope it wasn't. Moondoggie driver's licence had 2005 date, also adoption papers.

What really? I thought the original series was set quite some time in the future. Or is that a 2005 completely unrelated with our own rl calendar? Since piecing together the movie and the show, it would seem quite a lot of time passed from the Coral originally covering the planet (the events of the movie) until the time of Eureka and Renton.

If I remember correctly - it's a different 2005. They left the planet for 10,000 years, so they probably started a new cycle - much like BC & AD.

In this cycle, it was 2005 by the end of Eureka Seven, and 20 years later, it is 2025 in Eureka Seven AO.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Apr 14, 2012 11:19 AM

Aug 2009
Terminatez said:

This x2. same here.
So what I'm hearing..is Ao is Renten and Eureka Son?
Otherwise great episode. We have another great series this season..thank you Bones. Loving this a lot!
Apr 14, 2012 11:20 AM

Jul 2010
LOL funny people, everything's not gonna be explained in the first episode.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Apr 14, 2012 11:38 AM
Jan 2012
xxCLouDd said:
Terminatez said:

This x2. same here.
So what I'm hearing..is Ao is Renten and Eureka Son?
Otherwise great episode. We have another great series this season..thank you Bones. Loving this a lot!

Of course it's there son. Lol! :)

Idk why people are making a big deal in there heads thinking if its there son or not.. obviously it is. His hair turns the color of Eureka's hair when he gets inside an LFO (IFO in Ao) . Eureka is the one that dropped him off. The flashback.. Same thing happens in the manga :D
Apr 14, 2012 2:59 PM

Jan 2012
ok so i think that gazelle looks like holland so i think that hes hollands son and then Ao has the eyes of a koralian (dont really know how to spell it) so its a really high chance hes the son of Eureka but what really makes me wonder is what happened between the original and the sequel? will we see any of the old characters? is renton and eureka a main part of the plot again? i guess we will find these questions out later

Apr 14, 2012 4:24 PM

Nov 2007
Loved the episode. Naru reminds me of Talho. But she cannot be related. However, it is just a matter of how many episodes when they show Ao being the obvious son of Renton and Eureka. That "Mama" Ao called out while reading EUREKA AO in that "Compac bracelet", yeah I am putting it down as a compac bracelet for now, and that appearance from behind, although she didn't have wings on her, somewhat confirmed who is his mother. Also, the preview for next episode showed Ao resembling of Eureka.

My memories are as fresh as an hour back, since I just finished E7 before watching this episode.

5/5 for this episode. Hope it becomes as good as the original and doesn't let us down. The first episode seemed promising!

Mini Renton?

Adult Eureka?

Male Eureka?

Now this is getting confusing. /joking ofc :P
shanimebibApr 14, 2012 4:45 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 14, 2012 6:01 PM

Apr 2011
I first concluded that the protagonist is "Maurice", but it makes more sense that it was Renton x Erica. I just can't implant this theory at first, because both of them were so young to have kids XD

GG series!
Apr 14, 2012 9:19 PM

Jun 2009
Loved Eureka Seven~
This was a good episode & reminded me of how amazing the art is~
Lookin' forward to the rest

Apr 15, 2012 12:17 AM

Jan 2012
looks promising, i hope it delivers. maybe this is the "next big thing."
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 15, 2012 8:41 AM

Dec 2011
The reason why Ao's hair colour turns turquoise (Image from manga):
Apr 15, 2012 9:25 AM

Feb 2011
Quite decent for a first episode though it could have been done better.

Either way hopefully we get to see what has become of characters from the previous series, especially Eureka's 3 adopted kids and how they responded to Ao. Don't know why but I feel that this will be some kind of a subplot. Just a feeling though~

Oh and not really a question but has anyone notice in the Eureka Seven AO logo, what's with the "re" having red at the bottom when all the other letters have their bottom parts clearly cut off?

Apr 15, 2012 10:28 AM
Apr 2012
Of course it's Eureka's son ! Why do you think it has her name on it ? & they look so identical LMFAO
Apr 15, 2012 12:20 PM

May 2008
Mother of god this was amazing

I knew that bracelet of his had to of belonged to Eureka. That much was obvious. and he's totally Renton and her son. He looks too much like both of them.

Apr 15, 2012 12:38 PM

May 2010
why did he take that bracelet with him, I mean as a kid you should give things back to the owners... know wonder why he crashed that hover vehicle. spoilt brat.
Apr 15, 2012 2:06 PM

Apr 2008
Kazeshini said:
why did he take that bracelet with him, I mean as a kid you should give things back to the owners... know wonder why he crashed that hover vehicle. spoilt brat.
Probably because his mom had it in his memories? Thus making it HIS actually.
Apr 16, 2012 12:48 AM

Jan 2012
DarthVantos said:
This show might become a real downer since it tossed the adventure concept of eureka 7.

Instead they are going for a evangelion type mecha, random mobs come for you and you protect the city blah blah. And next week its a different boss every time. I don't know what is going on here but all these sequels that stray too far from the original (blood-C,Last Exile) makes my head hurt. Always end up severely disappointed.

I dunno....I have high expectations for it, i for one am looking forward as to how they're going to tie this one in with the first one in the further episodes (other than him being the son of Eureka and Renton).
Apr 16, 2012 1:23 AM

Jan 2012
Is this love, is this love, is this love, is this love, yeah I feel it.

Between this and Sankarea I am going to be one happy person.
Apr 16, 2012 9:39 AM

Apr 2012
I'm wondering why they decided to go with these G-Monsters instead of the Coralian Antibodies, considering a 20 year time skip shouldn't be enough to just evolve into a new thing.

Does anyone else think Ao's guardian looks like the lead scientist from the crew they had upgrade Nirvash in the first series?

I'm really concerned with the amount of people who are like, "I THINK HES EUREKA'S KID MAYBE ?" because it is so painfully and blatantly obvious, even from the promo material. [insert slowpoke meme image macro here]

For people speculating whether or not Naru or Gazelle are offspring of Holland and Tahlo, (SPOILER) The manga shows them both having their own parents and family, although this doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility, the chances are slim.(END SPOILER)

I really like how Ao has more confidence than Renton, rather than just making him look like Eureka and act like Renton.

Looks like they are just going to recreate the Holland/rebelling situation vs. military with the Gazelle character, which is dissapointing. Although I prefer that than DEFEND THE ISLAND. Not to be heartless or anything but I hope they get overwhelmed and have to take off.

People complaining about the countries having the same name, they don't necessarily. China-Japan and the Okinawan something-or-other... Anyway, the fact that history books aren't magic mythical things gives the inhabitants the names of the land masses but (naturally) the terratorial alliances are different. When they left earth to go to the Scub surface they likely held on to political factions up there as well, making the return natural.

5/5 Overall, looking good. Hopefully we start seeing more of Ao's personal flaws soon so he can develop through the plot rather than come out fully formed. Also hoping to see most of the original characters make cameos or even vital roles in this series.
Apr 16, 2012 12:21 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ok first chapter I suppose. I'm missing the epic music of Eureka Seven but let's see how this evolves.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 16, 2012 12:54 PM

Oct 2011
Marzan said:
Ok first chapter I suppose. I'm missing the epic music of Eureka Seven but let's see how this evolves.

Re-listen again, I had the same issue, but I realized that it was because the music fit so well. The music that is there is actually very very well done - but since it fits so well, it's hard to notice.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Apr 17, 2012 9:17 AM
Nov 2007
The date given at the start of the episode is specifically "2025 AD", not just "2025". So it is definitely meant to be 2025 in our calendar. The setting is definitely a prequel, and there's probably some time travel involved as suggested.
Apr 17, 2012 12:34 PM

Apr 2008
WAHa_06x36 said:
The date given at the start of the episode is specifically "2025 AD", not just "2025". So it is definitely meant to be 2025 in our calendar. The setting is definitely a prequel, and there's probably some time travel involved as suggested.
There's no freakin time travel. This isn't written by Clamp you know, thank the heavens.
Apr 17, 2012 1:28 PM

Apr 2012
WAHa_06x36 said:

no, come back when you know what you're talking about
Apr 17, 2012 2:03 PM
Nov 2007
"When I know what I am talking about?"

Just go look at the very first screen, and keep in mind what "西暦" means.
Apr 19, 2012 2:46 AM

Sep 2010
It's here!!! <3333333

Honestly didn't want to look into even the synopsis for this one, so I was highly confused when I saw Ao.. Thinking he was Renton with memory loss and purple eyes. LOL..

But I had a little brain flash and realized that he is the son - duh.

Anyway wow, this was action packed and kept me sitting on the edge of my seat!
That 2 second flash back of Eureka gave me goosebumps.

I think as a sequel, this actually has potential.
Apr 21, 2012 7:31 AM

May 2008
Wow, that blew me away. Especially the flashback scene with Eureka.
Apr 21, 2012 4:52 PM
Apr 2012
When I was rewatching the episode I spotted something interesting.

If you've rewatched the original series recently (or have a good memory), you should notice the pile bunkers stuck in the top of the Scub Coral.

These were often part of the scenery in the first series - you can see plenty of them in the first opening - and it was revealed in episode 25 that they were placed in the Scub Coral to try and curb the occasional terraforming they perform - though Will says they have the opposite effect.

In this image, you can see a hand sticking out of the Scub Coral along with the pile bunkers - presumably the hand of a yet-to-be-unearthed LFO archetype.
Apr 22, 2012 11:54 AM

Mar 2012
In the beginning it says this is taking place in April 2025 and the setting in Eureka Seven "takes place 10,000 years after humanity has made a mass exodus into space, due to the arrival of the Scub Coral, an intelligent, sentient life who merged with the planet, forcing the humans to abandon it." It doesn't quite add up. Though they do mention a girl with turquoise hair... To me it seems like this is waay before anything happened with Eureka and Renton.

So it seems the Subs and G-Monsters are apart of the life forms that merged with earth. But Ao has a striking resemblance to Renton and Eureka (especially his eyes). And of course the women with turquoise hair (Ao's mother) looked exactly like Eureka from behind.

Needless to say I'm confused, but I loved the episode anyway! And I think they want us to be confused, because the characters are confused too... and I don't know. Hopefully episode two will help clear things up.

Han has the most amazing hair. Oh my gosh, I love him.

I love Ao and Naru.

~ I will be really upset if Anemone and Dominic don't appear in this series, I mean I doubt they will, but I loved them so much in the original series.
Apr 22, 2012 11:59 AM

Mar 2012
WAHa_06x36 said:

I am kinda getting the same feeling... though of course we can't be certain!
Apr 26, 2012 9:09 AM

Jan 2011
confuse? yes i am

but i also never fully understand the previous season, so it is fine i guess
Apr 29, 2012 12:02 AM

Apr 2009
Yawn. Plot seems like a dumb weak-kid-gets-super-powa-level-up-holy-shit. Art, animation, sound didn't really strike out to me. Haven't seen a lot of high production mechas recently, but AO doesn't seem to interest me.
May 12, 2012 1:58 PM

Apr 2012
After watching the episode one thing i can say for sure is that the art looks beautiful. Overall the series seems like i could be promising though i dont think i can be as good as the first one. Looking forward to the next episodes though
May 12, 2012 3:16 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Takumaku said:
Yawn. Plot seems like a dumb weak-kid-gets-super-powa-level-up-holy-shit. Art, animation, sound didn't really strike out to me. Haven't seen a lot of high production mechas recently, but AO doesn't seem to interest me.

I don't see how's it's better or worse than the original Eureka Seven with only one episode. I personally found the first episode of the original series way more boring.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 27, 2012 8:20 AM

Jun 2007
I can't get into this show at all.

- Random explosions, lasers, and lights with absolutely no explanation.
- Generic robot thing, but I suppose it wouldn't be Eureka without it.
- Whiny ass protagonist, and that Naru girl needs to chill the fuck out so hard that I just want to slap her.

Not a single thing happened that makes me want to keep watching it.

I'd really like to know if I'm missing some key information that makes people actually like this.

edit: I forgot it had a sloth. So far that is the only redeeming quality.
LeondreMay 27, 2012 8:26 AM
Jun 28, 2012 9:48 PM
Mar 2011
Shoutouts to Underworld with the Born Slippy title at the beginning
Well, the first episode seemed ok I guess. Nothing that attention grabbing aside the possibility of Eureka being Ao's mother.
Music used in this episode was alright as well, nothing that good like when I first heard DAYS or Storywriter during the first episode of E7
Jul 3, 2012 10:45 PM

Jun 2012
The main character seems a lot more likable than Renton from the first series, he's a lot less whiny. The girl seems pretty normal, not much depth to her personality, but I like the voice acting they did for her.

The plot also seems to start on the first episode, which was a bit of a problem in the original series. It looks like this could be better than the original, but I'm not sure yet.
Jul 18, 2012 10:41 AM

Sep 2010
Hmmm... I'am watching the sequel without the prequel....
Jul 26, 2012 12:01 PM

Jul 2011
cauthonian said:
The main character seems a lot more likable than Renton from the first series, he's a lot less whiny. The girl seems pretty normal, not much depth to her personality, but I like the voice acting they did for her.

This. I love the fact that Ao has the same age who had Renton but Ao seems much more mature and don't cry like Renton every fucking time.
Aug 1, 2012 3:03 AM

Jul 2008
can't wait to see if anyone from the old series shows up.
Nov 26, 2012 7:05 PM

Jul 2012
Finished the original and here I am so far it's interesting ....you can obviously tell the dude is a coralian because of his eyes no shock factor there.
However this series seems more like a spinoff because their now is the Japanese army so I thought it would be a prequel
Amon-RawNov 26, 2012 9:15 PM
Dec 31, 2012 3:34 AM

Jan 2012
12 years old? They're more like 15-16.

Ao also has the same birthday as me 6/27 (cool story bro).

Voice acting was a bit sub-par with the VA's balls starting to drop and all. I guess it kind of match the ML.

Naru = fap fap fap (no pedo)

Other than that everything else looks fine so far.
Jul 24, 2013 3:17 PM

Mar 2012
So far the animation is pretty good, wonder if the story is gonna be good though.
Sep 11, 2013 2:12 AM

Feb 2011
Seriously i can't stand that Ao voice =.= at least Renton's voice is better than Ao. and Those Scub Coral monsters looks like they are from Gravion series if i remember correctly.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.