Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 14, 2012 7:43 PM

Nov 2008
life4death said:
I think it could be pretty good once they get past the bread and the action picks up

The bread is part of the story especially when Kaguya and the plot surrounding her appears.

Apr 14, 2012 8:45 PM
Jan 2012
i usually dont find reviews funny, but that one review by 5camp on the front page had me LOL
Apr 14, 2012 11:01 PM
Aug 2011
Kannei said:
alvin and rick have the same voice actor kyaa more of kamiya in a show

I'm honestly watching this show just for him.
Although if I wanted to hear him this season there's Shirokuma Cafe...which is already a thousand times better than this.

twonline said:
IT'S FUCKING BREAD! and IT'S FUCKING RICK!

Damn you Rick! You and your fucking magical bread.
Even I kind of want some now.
Apr 15, 2012 1:20 AM
Apr 15, 2012 6:51 AM

Jul 2011
well...the art seems good
Apr 15, 2012 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
Hoppy said:
life4death said:
I think it could be pretty good once they get past the bread and the action picks up

The bread is part of the story especially when Kaguya and the plot surrounding her appears.

Then i definitely want to see how the story works out. It's pretty unique to have bread as part of the plot
Apr 15, 2012 1:31 PM

Jun 2009
parfaited said:
Kannei said:
alvin and rick have the same voice actor kyaa more of kamiya in a show

I'm honestly watching this show just for him.
Although if I wanted to hear him this season there's Shirokuma Cafe...which is already a thousand times better than this.

thats true how is better than a drunk penguin ;)
Apr 15, 2012 2:56 PM

Dec 2011
Unfortunately the only redeeming feature so far based on episode 1, are the hot girls. The whole thing with the bread seems like it has absolutely has nothing to do with what the synopsis on this show says. Cute, but kind of silly. Is there really bread that is that good? Like on a godly caliber? Because I would love to see what the town in that show is all hyped up about, lol.

Amazing art, but strange plot and direction of things? Maybe I would like this more if I played the RPGs this was originally based on, I don't know...
Apr 15, 2012 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
I heard this show was a about people making bread was instantly turned off by that but since i was bored i thought i would watch it...only good thing i can say is that it looks nice..
Apr 15, 2012 8:01 PM
Apr 2011
A competent male lead who lives with three females all of whom are nice. Wow that's very rare in anime. This show is off to a good start. I really hope that the main heroine isn't a bitch/cunt though.

Also, I want those three sisters as sex slaves.
Apr 15, 2012 8:25 PM
Apr 2012
All i'm watching it for is the artwork but I hope the story picks up. The game of this was one of the worst in the series due to the gameplay so hopefully the anime will allow me to view the story.
Apr 15, 2012 8:49 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty original... about bread lol. but i love bread so got nothing to complain ;p

The art was very well done. the slpyh was sooooo cute ^.^

The story was lacking in the first episode but i hope it picks up next episode.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Apr 15, 2012 9:00 PM

Oct 2008

Sorry, I'd rather eat that than watch this...
I don't this anime can get any more generic...
Apr 15, 2012 9:47 PM

Nov 2011
I felt 5camp pretty much hit it on the dot with the first episode. Not really great for a first episode. The art is really nice and characters looked good so far though. All it was about though was how everyone was infatuated with Rick's bread. lol

Not going to give up on it yet though, it REALLY starts next episode according to the synopsis. So won't judge it quite yet, but not to impressed with the first episode.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 16, 2012 1:04 AM

Dec 2007
Well, I guess Kamiya Hiroshi can't always be in good anime, just like with the Majikoi adaptation.

Dropped exactly after six minutes in because it was very painful to watch for me.

And before watching it I actually thought I would really like it. I mean, it's an anime about making bread and shit. What could go wrong?

At least 5camp's review at the front page of Shining Hearts was extremely funny, so something good came from this show.

If you guys want to watch a good anime about making bread, I suggest you to watch Yakitate!! Japan.
I haven't finished it yet but I really liked what I watched so far, and I think the manga of Y!!J is pretty good too. So give them a try if you want.
Apr 16, 2012 2:41 AM

Jan 2009
Hiroshi Kamiya talking to Hiroshi Kamiya, best first episode ever.

But seriously, nothing will probably start until Kaguya appears next week. Can't wait for Mistral too.
Apr 16, 2012 5:24 AM

Apr 2009
wakka9ca said:
Waffocopter said:
Wow, didn't feel any different personalities from the characters. They're just all the same and I can't tell them apart...

I have seen an army of clones!!

THIS!
Apr 16, 2012 5:26 AM

Apr 2010
Meh, If I want an anime about bread, I'd rather watch Yakitate!! Japan than this.. uhm... crap.
Apr 16, 2012 7:00 AM
Nov 2008
I loved the RPG feeling this episode gave me.
Apr 16, 2012 10:59 AM

Jul 2010
I though I would get a cavity from all the sweetness in this episode. Cute happy-go-lucky characters having a perfect day, cute animals and a cute elf. At least something bad happened in the end or it would've been too much.

A little slow and boring so far, but I bet it'll get more interesting when that storm's arriving.

Apr 16, 2012 12:06 PM

Aug 2010
I want some bread now.

That ED has to be one of the best I've seen so far this season. Catchy tune with cute girls dancing around.
Apr 17, 2012 12:37 AM

May 2010
I'm already in love with this show,can't wait for the next one !!

Apr 17, 2012 4:30 AM

Feb 2010
Now that was just awfully boring.

Guess I won't be missing out anything if I drop this.

Yup.

Dropped.
Apr 17, 2012 11:12 AM

Jun 2008
I don't care about this show having a game or not i am just watching it as an anime.
Anyway not much plot happened but is just the first episode but it was diabetes inducing cute and very relaxing. I can't say i was bored. I love bread and i love sweet girls with Tony Taka's artwork style so i had a nice enough time.
Of course it will need at least some small kind of plot to not get boring in the future but it seem there are elements for that.

If it keeps like this then this is gonna be my relaxing cute type of anime for the season. But i see an action tag and strangely enough i feel kind of sad because the episode was so nice as a relaxing daily life anime.

P.S- Love the outfits of the two brunette girls.

greensoulreaper said:
Is there really bread that is that good? Like on a godly caliber? Because I would love to see what the town in that show is all hyped up about, lol.

What kind of countries are you people from? Fresh well baked bread is from the delights of life and makes the whole house smell delicious too. I feel sorry for you if you live in some place with take away style bread.
Also he did more than simple bread as it was scene.

Edit: Saw a lot of negative comments having problem of not seeing what they have read, i guess not having any expectation work positive for me since i read nothing. I think people shouldn't judge something as bad simply because is not what they read.
MonadApr 17, 2012 11:31 AM
Apr 17, 2012 11:49 AM

Feb 2012
I was expecting a monster to come out and start the raping. Dammit Taka!!
Apr 17, 2012 2:07 PM

Oct 2010
Omniknight said:
I don't this anime can get any more generic...

I don't mind people not liking this show, but I do mind when they don't know what the hell they are saying. If this episode was about Rick falling on boobs of those three girls then I would understand this comment but, like this, it's just a silly comment.

So much negativity with this show. I guess newer generations only care about good fights, gore and harem shows filled with ecchi.
Apr 17, 2012 10:57 PM

Jun 2008
Monad said:
Edit: Saw a lot of negative comments having problem of not seeing what they have read, i guess not having any expectation work positive for me since i read nothing. I think people shouldn't judge something as bad simply because is not what they read.

"Play" is the verb you're looking for, since it was originally a game. lol XD

Well, I can't lie that I'm going to feel slightly disappointed if this turns to be just a relaxing anime that focuses on just making breads and spreading happiness.
The key to this is the appearance of Kaguya and Mistral.

It's just that, If it's true that there won't be any RPG elements there are some of my favorite characters that will lose their cool "fighting image". Ah, and there's one other theme that maybe will get abandoned too.

But in the end, I still get another Tony Taka anime, so I'm generally happy.

CROSSING FINGERS THAT SHINING BLADE GETS ADAPTED TOO.
kaimaxApr 17, 2012 11:01 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 17, 2012 11:59 PM

Aug 2010
I'm usually the first to defend slow-paced shows, but I'm not sure about this one just yet. It needs either a decent story or characterization. Giving it a few more episodes 3/5.
Apr 18, 2012 3:12 AM

Jun 2008
kaimax said:
Monad said:

"Play" is the verb you're looking for, since it was originally a game. lol XD

Well, I can't lie that I'm going to feel slightly disappointed if this turns to be just a relaxing anime that focuses on just making breads and spreading happiness.
The key to this is the appearance of Kaguya and Mistral.

It's just that, If it's true that there won't be any RPG elements there are some of my favorite characters that will lose their cool "fighting image". Ah, and there's one other theme that maybe will get abandoned too.

But in the end, I still get another Tony Taka anime, so I'm generally happy.

CROSSING FINGERS THAT SHINING BLADE GETS ADAPTED TOO.

Well many said "not what i expected after what reading the summary" so that's why i said read.

Anyway if this anime didn't had this title everyone would have said that is nice and cute relaxing anime from this episode but because of the title they get all crazy. Basically the critic is not of the quality of the anime but based on what they thought they would see.
For example Ikoku Meiro no Croisée was a relaxing little anime had even less events and could be called boring and people spoke well about it because the title said nothing to them and they simply watched.
As someone that the title means nothing i have to say that if this is a relaxing anime this was a good episode and it wasn't really boring or anything.

And the damn thing had bread in the title, why are they so surprised that bread is so dominant in the plot?
Apr 18, 2012 3:26 PM

Jan 2010
tsubasalover said:
Did HiroC voice two characters? I feel like both Rick and that Elf brother (Alvie) sounds the same. (Edit: thought so, the credit has two names for him)

Heh, yeah. I thought the same thing, that whole scene I was like "Kamiya Hiroshi is talking to himself!" and had a little fanboy moment.

Also, gonna go ahead and echo the thought that this feels a lot like Shufukufu no Campanella, but this seems a bit better. It's really chill so far, which I'm liking. Hope there's not too much drama ahead.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Apr 18, 2012 5:13 PM

May 2011
I am loving the art so far, and the girls all looks so cute. Great character designs and the seiyuus sounds great for these characters. Mood was very relaxing and I enjoyed it a lot. Going to be looking forward to more of this, and for the other main characters to come in. I sorta like RPG adaptions.
Apr 18, 2012 5:52 PM

Sep 2010
I haven't played the game..
But honestly LOL what is this shit.

Will continue to force myself to watch anyway.
Hopefully it gets better....?
Apr 18, 2012 5:54 PM

Dec 2009
Mmm, not sure about the story but I like the voice actors. Alvin seems cool too, will keep watching it. :3
Apr 19, 2012 1:21 AM

Jun 2008
Monad said:
And the damn thing had bread in the title, why are they so surprised that bread is so dominant in the plot?

I think that those who were "surprised" were the ones who actually played the game.

Yes, it is a fact that Bread baking is one of the most important element in the game, but the plot doesn't revolve around it. Probably they were surprised at the fact that Bread Baking is more important in this adaptation.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 19, 2012 2:36 AM

Jul 2009
Pretty good first episode. I enjoyed it a lot. This anime will probably go with the "calm before the storm" route, and the next episode will probably have a more serious atmosphere, with some possible action.

By the way, that ED is the best one I've seen in a while... I can't stop watching it...
Apr 19, 2012 12:19 PM

Feb 2011
I hope there's eventually some fanservice to spice up the bread.
Apr 19, 2012 6:06 PM

Mar 2011
Hmmm
The_Hriday said:
I hope there's eventually some fanservice to spice up the bread.
XD
Apr 19, 2012 8:59 PM
Mar 2012
kaimax said:
Monad said:

I think that those who were "surprised" were the ones who actually played the game.

Yes, it is a fact that Bread baking is one of the most important element in the game, but the plot doesn't revolve around it. Probably they were surprised at the fact that Bread Baking is more important in this adaptation.

I have played the game and I'm not surprised at all, since this episode is similar to the game before Kaguya made an appearance.

Also, 1st Episode ≠ plot (at least not for this series) unless they are going to give an original story and ending for the anime version.
Apr 24, 2012 9:17 AM

Mar 2009
Okay... I adore it! The cat-gal should be interestiing.. but I adore Neris! :D She is so beautiful! Come to think of it, all the designs are very lovely. So the next episode should get interesting with the "storm that is a brewing" and the "red moon."
May 2, 2012 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
First Impression: Foood!!!! It looks so yummy! <3 This makes me want to eat a slice of white bread right now! Btw Is Amil's VA Amu from Shugo Chara? *checks* YAYYY! I gussed it~
May 29, 2012 6:01 PM

Aug 2011
Meh should've done Shining Blade instead.
May 30, 2012 6:52 PM
Aug 2010
Damn the girls are hot; if this was hentai, I would watch it. Okay, it'll probably just be crappy harem so I probably wouldn't. Such a waste, Tony Taka draws some of the hottest chicks in the world.
Jul 1, 2012 8:16 PM

Nov 2011
Aug 13, 2013 8:22 PM

Jun 2012
That was some epic bread action there.

The characters an scenery were very well drawn. It was beautiful and the girls are pretty hot. Rick needs to give them the D.
Feb 28, 2014 4:08 AM

Jan 2012
butter faces of peace...

dem nun's leg with that outfit is what kept me going..

boring as fuck otherwise
Oct 1, 2014 5:13 AM

Mar 2014
Art is very elegant ~ !! Animation .. It's enchanting ~ !! .. characters are so delightful !! It's Slice-of-Life is so wonderful !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2016 12:27 PM

Jan 2012
the op is heartwarming,he has already so many girls

Feb 19, 2016 1:43 AM

Aug 2013
There must be drugs in that bread.
May 18, 2020 8:12 PM

Mar 2016
When I start baking my own bread I'm going to have to continuously loop that ED. Fucking cute.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 26, 2012

63 by Syureria »»
Jun 25, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2012

77 by syncrogazer »»
May 20, 2020 7:44 AM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

72 by AllenVonStein »»
Jan 10, 2016 12:27 PM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 11 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Jun 21, 2012

41 by terrablu2003 »»
Apr 13, 2015 6:05 AM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 14, 2012

32 by terrablu2003 »»
Apr 12, 2015 6:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.