Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2012 10:11 PM

Feb 2011
Loved the music and the animation looked good to me.

Although I'm kinda mad that they killed of Kanade for Hibiki, I think I'll enjoy the upcoming episodes.
Jan 6, 2012 10:12 PM

Dec 2008
damn...shit got real...im wondering if madoka has begun a trend where shows will be unexpectedly dark?
Jan 6, 2012 10:25 PM
Jul 2011
Hello, thanks for all the comments. I was a little worried but the show seems to please a lot of viewers!

I posted some background art on catsuka. Please have a look!
http://www.catsuka.com/interf/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7157&p=385773#p385773
Jan 6, 2012 10:29 PM
Oct 2009
ok so the moe was dead at the beginning when her yuri partner visited her grave. then they show how she dies (seriously, run. what is wrong with you?) and glorious birdy is sacrificed to make the moe live again. but then it fast-fowards 2 years into the future, so it stands to reason the moe will die soon.

maybe she died at the end during that beast-machine transformation. maybe i don't know what the fuck i just watched.
Jan 6, 2012 10:52 PM

Dec 2010
Jan 6, 2012 11:43 PM

Oct 2010
@all for Kanade:
KANADE IS NOT DEAD! She is alive inside Hibiki! I am sure that is how she got her powers. People need to realize of the theme music and that itself passes from person to another. Such as clans passing on their folklore music to future generations.

When you think about it. Kanade may have vaporized but her song reached Hibiki. That is how Odin's Holy Lance Gungnir showed up. Hope + love. Hibiki at that time hoped all her might to save that one girl. While on the other hand Kanade's love for humanity/music transferred into Hibiki thus enabling her to get the powers. Odin in the old days used this spear as as show of might even throwing in the middle of conferences with Gods. What this means is that Hibiki like Hoppy mentioned will be more powerful than anything.

Hope + Love is and can expand into an insane state of power. Such as Hibiki shows in that pic of Zinmo. Just another train of thoughts. What you think of them?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 7, 2012 12:00 AM
Jan 2009
MAnual reminder this series was writtenand planned by Akifumi Kaneko, the creator of Wild Arms

and Wild Arms 1 and 2 both begin with a huge slaughter and had great stories
Jan 7, 2012 12:06 AM

Jun 2011
Not bad. Was better than I expected it to be.

Goods:
Plot
- The whole post apocalyptic setting
- Super powers
- Killing
- Cute lead girl

Bad:
- The suits are kinda meh
- The whole singing to defeat the Noise is kinda retarded.
- I hate Japanese weeaboo songs.
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Jan 7, 2012 12:17 AM

Apr 2011
I had no clue what this anime was about when I saw it, but I'm really liking the idea looks like it's going to be a great anime, cant wait. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2012 12:24 AM

Sep 2008
What the holy tomato did I just watch? O_o
entauri.deviantart.com

Jan 7, 2012 12:35 AM

Dec 2009
It felt like a mix of Madoka, iDOLM@STER, and Tiger & Bunny.
And I loved it.
Jan 7, 2012 12:37 AM

Jan 2008
This was awesome and all, but it sucks knowing from the beginning that Hibiki is going to die. Oh well.

Also, I didn't really have time to get attached to Kanade so her death didn't bother me that much; I just thought it was cool to hear Detective Conan voicing an actual female for once, and singing even.
Jan 7, 2012 12:57 AM

Oct 2010
Nyron said:
MAnual reminder this series was writtenand planned by Akifumi Kaneko, the creator of Wild Arms

and Wild Arms 1 and 2 both begin with a huge slaughter and had great stories
Oh cool! I loved the anime Wild Arms despite it was not that brutal as this series. I wonder though what elements are included in this series of Wild Arms itself?

Jan 7, 2012 1:05 AM

Oct 2010
I was going to drop it like the second coming. I hate that stupid lil bitch Hibiki she should had died. I miss the sexy Kanade that died already. From grown woman to loli. Now if that annoying girl goes goes beserk a lot in the show i might just keep watching it.

Only likable character now is Tsubasa.

Well this show might get a 10/10 when they kill off Hibiki. LMFAO

6/10
bonifideJan 7, 2012 1:12 AM
Jan 7, 2012 1:07 AM
Aug 2011
Wow she looked badass at the end. Seems to be an interesting start. I wonder if she really does die or if that is a cover up for her new life is about to start. I would rather it be that than them already letting us know she dies.
Jan 7, 2012 1:15 AM

Aug 2011
I'm thoroughly impressed.
The pace was a bit fast for me, and I agree with some of you that it was a roller coaster of emotions and tiring to watch.
Though while I usually watch an anime 2-4 episodes in before I decide to watch it all, many of my friends try to decide after the first episode. So I think this may have a much higher chance of getting more early attention then the competition.

I'm betting the pace will slow down after the first episode. They get an A for getting you interested after the first episode, but if they keep this pace up I think I might have a stroke.

Jan 7, 2012 1:38 AM

Dec 2009
So I get to hear Minami Takayama's goddess voice, and she dies in an instant -_-'

I'm actually pleasantly surprised about the first episode. The music blew me away and the animation was very good.

The "Noise" villains looked ridiculous though, hopefully we'll get better bad guys in the later episodes.

Oh and I can't wait for the soundtrack xD
Jan 7, 2012 1:46 AM

Aug 2008
kisami said:
ricardo241 said:
MM-Rosiie said:

Did that feel rushed to anyone else?
Nope.... It's feel like just some introduction on the enemy and the power to defeat them...........that's what I think...
it felt rushed....just like the music. but i was not impressed till the last scene.
I felt rushed too. There are too many important scenes packed in one episode.

Yumekichi11 said:
@all for Kanade:
KANADE IS NOT DEAD! She is alive inside Hibiki! I am sure that is how she got her powers. People need to realize of the theme music and that itself passes from person to another. Such as clans passing on their folklore music to future generations.
I have this impression while Hibiki was transforming too.
But the more reason is because I'll be so disappointed if they hire Minami for just the first episode.
Jan 7, 2012 1:52 AM

Aug 2010
Was it really that good?, i dont think it was awfull or horrible but i dont know, maybe i was half sleep or something and missed the good things.
Music was of my like as expected of mizuki nana and mainly voices were good.
But really, maybe i should watch it again, ive seen mostly positive comments everywhere.
Jan 7, 2012 1:55 AM

Aug 2010
i hate the intro about shes dead, kinda messed things up for me, however, everything looks so bad ass and the songs were great, got a lil goosebumps here and there! 5/5 =D
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Jan 7, 2012 2:33 AM

Feb 2010
very good first ep hopefully the show continues in this way.
Jan 7, 2012 2:52 AM

May 2010
This was so epic!!!although I hope that it is not a shoujo-ai....
Jan 7, 2012 3:18 AM

Nov 2009
I have high hopes for this anime. What I've seen I've liked. I hope it keeps it up.

(my new signature has absolutely nothing to do with my biased-ness.)
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Jan 7, 2012 3:31 AM
Dec 2007
Hm. So the anime starts off with the revelation that Hibiki is dead.
Then, we skip two years back. Hibiki survives the concert.
And then the screen says: "Back to the present". Hibiki lives?

I'm guessing that "present" is actually somewhere between the first scene and the concert two years ago?

Other thoughts
- I'll be disappointed if Kanade doesn't appear again because right now it looks like Hibiki took her place (why would the promotional posters feature Kanade/Tsubasa otherwise?)
- Hopefully, Miku will be able to play a bigger role in the future. I read somewhere that she her feelings for Hibiki are more than just friendship and that she'll get jealous...maybe of Tsubasa?
viMALJan 7, 2012 5:16 AM
Jan 7, 2012 4:19 AM
Sep 2011
I'm not entirely sold yet. The early casualties were interesting but I'm still a bit iffy about the story concerning plot holes. However, they might get be explained later on, so I'll wait to see how it turns out. The character design is hideous, though, reminding me of Dragon Crisis.
Jan 7, 2012 4:55 AM

Apr 2009
The idea behind this is probably good, but the actual execution puts me off a bit. Yes, this is only a first episode, but so far it feels that various elements of the show mix poorly together. Still looks more promising than most of the current season, so I'll be waiting for the second episode.

Also, THAT FACE. Unintentionally (?) funnier than some comedies.
Jan 7, 2012 4:55 AM

Jan 2011
I'm pretty confused, but I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 7, 2012 5:08 AM

Oct 2011
I seriously have NO idea what's going on here, in the beginning someone dies and then? huh?! Guess I'll wait for the next episode. I guess the creators really like Square Enix, lolwut Noise?! and is it just me or does Hibiki look like Anti-Form Sora? maybe I just played too much o.O.
Jan 7, 2012 5:26 AM

Feb 2010
I hope she goes on a rampage!
Jan 7, 2012 5:26 AM

Feb 2009
Well... I guess that's one way to start off a show... A big huge concert, really ugly aliens show up from nowhere and slaughters the audience, a so-called MC is dead within 10 minutes, another MC almost dies but has already been revealed to die since minute one, and ending the episode by entering bat-shit insane mode.

I'd say decent first ep, but I get this feeling that it will head south quite soon.

Most of the funding probably went into this first ep so a dip in animation will probably happen within 3 eps and it will most likely end up being some cheesy school drama until the last two eps. ( I'm hoping I'm wrong here.)

But time will tell, will keep watching at the very least.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Jan 7, 2012 5:49 AM

Oct 2008
I love the music, I got chills about 20 times during the concert. Tsubasa is hot. (Kanade was too, weren't people saying before it even aired she was going to die? I liked her. ;_;) I don't know what the fuck is happening but those two factors are enough to keep me watching.
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Jan 7, 2012 5:50 AM

Oct 2010
Billzor said:
Most of the funding probably went into this first ep so a dip in animation will probably happen within 3 eps and it will most likely end up being some cheesy school drama until the last two eps. ( I'm hoping I'm wrong here.)

But time will tell, will keep watching at the very least.
If they do that then it will be deja vu from Blue Drop whom I mention as a link in my first page post. I hope they don't do that TBH.

Jan 7, 2012 6:05 AM

Sep 2008
Wow, this wasn't even on my radar, but it was fucking awesome! Didn't pull any punches did it?

High octane goodness is great for a first episode. We'll probably have to slow this down in episode two in order to explain things a bit.

I just love that they used Gungir. I've said it before and I'll say it again, spears are under-used and so are legendary weapons which aren't swords. Gungir, being a legendary spear obviously pleases me.

The music is fantastic. The art is great. Love the little splash pages when they give the attack's name.

Hibiki was awesome. I love it when they take the time to establish that the character is badass before they get their powers. Nothing wrong with "Mild mannered wimp gets bit by a radioactive flea and becomes captain awesome", but it really is just so much better when you know that it's not just because of their magic amulet that they're willing to stand up and defend their fellow man.

Interested in what Tsubasa's take on this will be though. I suspect she might blame her partner's death on Hibiki, which would obviously effect her reaction to this new development.

Finally, the thing with the veins was just fucking fantastic. It's pretty cool to see it displayed the degree to which she has to be internally restructured for this power up.
Jan 7, 2012 6:10 AM

Sep 2008
@icameheretotroll <---Fail "bads"

Easily my favorite anime this season, and not just because Nana Mizuki's singing is featured. And also, Suite Precure anyone? xD
Jan 7, 2012 6:20 AM

Dec 2010
Wait what?
Ar tonelico + mahou shoujo + infinite stratos mechs?

Awesome first episode though.
Jan 7, 2012 6:35 AM

Jun 2009
I'm not sure i follow, Kanade died protecting Hibiki and they erased any trait of her existence or no one cares anymore and Hibiki's got some partial amnesia?
Other than this confusing issue, it had too much drama for 1st episode. But seeing how Hibiki's probably gonna go berserk makes it kinda interesting, also gotta know how she'll die.

Also Yuuki Aoi, why so Madoka?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 7, 2012 6:38 AM

Feb 2011
Pretty nice. will watch
Jan 7, 2012 6:41 AM

Jan 2009
Beat of awakening rly fits this ep lol love the music.just downloaded this for fun didn't expect this
Jan 7, 2012 6:54 AM
Dec 2007
Ehx said:
The insert songs were glorious, the animation (from what I could tell on Keyhole) looks good, and the story, while nothing great, might turn out to be pretty decent in the end.

Pretty much it. Plus the ending was great and for a show that I had no anticipation of, it was a pretty decent first episode overall. Still, I'm not sure I'll finish the whole series.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 7, 2012 6:54 AM

Aug 2007
Here I was thinking it would be just be a cheap Macross F rip-off. That is why I am very impressed that it is better than I expected. Yes, I also was like 'Now? Huh, isn't she supposed to be dead? Biggest goof ever'. Then I realized that you can call the first scene 'future', which makes it some more sense.

Also, those outfits are so My-Hime/Otome. It looked really painfull when those wings got out of Hibiki. I also believe that Kanade is somehow alive in Hibiki...

Also, for those who don't know what Aufwachenschlagen means: it's something like Awakening Song. But I guess that made sense.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 7, 2012 6:56 AM

May 2010
epic first ep.. not rushed.. very well done!
Jan 7, 2012 8:43 AM

Jul 2010
Weirdest story ever.

But the music were damn awesome
Jan 7, 2012 8:45 AM

Sep 2008
Woah, the way Kanade died early on gave me an Madoka flashback somehow...

Really good first episode, i think i might like this wery good, given some time to develop the characters and stuff like that. And let's hope Tsubase doesn't stay pouty all the way, even though i cans see why she had a shange of personality.
Jan 7, 2012 8:45 AM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
It's getting dramatic already in the first episode, I like that.
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Jan 7, 2012 8:46 AM

Apr 2009
now that there's a character voiced by Nana Mizuki and also one who sings in it, i am now obliged to watch this show..
and with such a grand opening episode they have put up in this, packed with a lot of foreshadowing elements and plot points that might need some explaining or exploring on later, i hope they could sustain it and actually pull off some real nice things in the future episodes (i'm a bit scared when animes start out with a bang, those that exponentially increase the quality per episode are just better).. i'm not gonna make any judgments or predictions in the plot yet as that actually spoils my enjoyment or clouds my perception on the show for now..
Jan 7, 2012 8:55 AM
Dec 2011
This must be the worst first episode I've seen in a very long time...and the plot is so terrible it's almost funny! Dropped.
Jan 7, 2012 8:56 AM

Apr 2009
Presumably flash-forward to time after Hibiki dies fighting noise.

Concert was probably a means to drain power from the audience or something, or why else would they let so many people to such dangerous event?

Hibiki gets hit and bleeds badly, Kanade is greatly affected by not being able to protect her. Noise give Kanade and Hibiki a timeout for some reason.

Appearently the situation is so desperate Kanade has to kill herself.

During present time public perception of what happened during the concert is slightly different than Hibiki's. The tone of news makes it sound like one-sided slaughter. Is this just a result of Tsubasa not telling the whole truth, or did Kanade's last song have some bigger effects than just wiping out the noise?

The noise are still there hunting people, an army is no match for them. Only musical magical girls can harm them appearently.

Hibiki finds charred remains of people killed by noise, runs off with a little girl, and transforms using Kanade's Gungnir.

Pretty meh overall, but it has potential to become interesting.
Jan 7, 2012 9:10 AM

Jun 2009
Main character tries to save little girl
Main character leads little girl into the middle of a gang of noise and instead of retreating jumps into the river.
Main character carries girl on her back and then falls landing so the little girl takes the blunt of the fall.
Main character moves to a roof where they will be screwed and easily cornered.
Main character proceeds to throw little girl at hard concrete floor.

WORST SAVIOR EVER. I mean hell, if the noise don't kill that little girl the Main character will.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 7, 2012 9:29 AM

Feb 2009
What the fuck did I just watch.

First half was absolutely epic. Why did Kanade die dammit, the most interesting character.

From then on though... the only interesting parts were the parts involving Tsubasa and then finally the very end. Not too fond of the bland little girls or the school scenes.
Jan 7, 2012 9:58 AM

Sep 2010
I must say, this series was not in my "anime-to-watch" list. But gotta admit it is the best of the season so far.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cirris - Mar 30, 2012

151 by TheLyingSpectre »»
Mar 13, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 9, 2012

58 by IssunWriter993 »»
Feb 4, 10:16 PM

» New movie announced

Piromysl - Dec 1, 2023

3 by KanameYuuki »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Feb 10, 2012

64 by WaffleMaster89 »»
Oct 20, 2023 6:42 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Jan 13, 2012

151 by WaffleMaster89 »»
Oct 10, 2023 10:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.