Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 21, 2011 12:06 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, this was actually a really good and solid episode! I really enjoyed it.

DesolateOne said:
It's interesting how they made it seem like Dalian and Huey were the bad guys...or was that their prior self? Are Huey and Dalian reincarnated? For some reason, I feel it's something like that.

I think it was Huey's grandpa though, Dalian looked way younger than she does now.
Samu-tanAug 21, 2011 12:09 PM
Aug 21, 2011 1:42 PM
Oct 2010
STM said:
Wow, this was actually a really good and solid episode! I really enjoyed it.

DesolateOne said:
It's interesting how they made it seem like Dalian and Huey were the bad guys...or was that their prior self? Are Huey and Dalian reincarnated? For some reason, I feel it's something like that.

I think it was Huey's grandpa though, Dalian looked way younger than she does now.

It was most likely the yomihime in the op with the eye-keyhole and her respective partner.
Aug 21, 2011 6:10 PM

Nov 2008
Deleth said:
Seems to be shortly after World War 1. Since it was stated that the war was over and the main guy was flying a plane back in war. But planes at that time, weren't really good and there were no long range bombers either.

Yeah, one could call artistic freedom here. But whatever.

No, the Germans did run a dedicated aerial bombing campaign in WW I using bombers. This came after the Zeppelin bombing raids in the early part of the war. See, for example, Neil Hanson's "First Blitz":

http://www.neilhanson.co.uk/book5.php

It's generally available in paperback from Amazon books. I've read it, and it's quite a fascinating and exciting book.
Aug 21, 2011 7:56 PM

Sep 2007
Cartridge Load? Where's my Divine Buster? Raising Heart!? Bardiche!? Where are you!?

Flamberg is way better than Dantalian.
Aug 21, 2011 8:28 PM

May 2009
Fun episode, but I miss Huey and Dalian. Yes.
Aug 21, 2011 10:51 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I hope this doesn't go on too much longer. Dalian and Huey are waaay better characters. This show was one of my favorites running right now (aside from Steins Gate), I hope they don't screw it up.
Aug 21, 2011 11:07 PM

Jun 2009
I can not stand Flam's voice. And I don't really care for her or Hal either.
Aug 22, 2011 12:50 AM

Nov 2007
really liked the new characters, Hal was a cool guy and Flam had a fun personality. probably my fav episode so far, seemed less episodic and boring in a way. granted I miss the main characters but I definitely want these 2 to stick around.
Aug 22, 2011 9:45 AM

Jun 2009
Kinzo said:
I can not stand Flam's voice.

Lol wat.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 22, 2011 11:41 AM

May 2011
Huey plunges his hand into Dalian's chest while Flam goes naked and Hal reaches for her stomach lol nice. Flam and Hal's relationship is almost as good as Dalians and Huey. I do wonder if they are going to be good guys or not, though I like them either way.

I miss Dalian too. :/ Oh and just how many biblioprincesses are there..
Aug 22, 2011 1:15 PM

Jun 2011
People saying Hal is a good character you have some bad taste, hes quite simply a dick hes a massive prick hes about as bad as Kurenai Gekkou from Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi and about as bad a character. To top it all off not only is this guy a crap character but hes a rip off Nanoha or Fate from magical girl lyrical nanoha. Being a prick does not make you a good character.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Aug 22, 2011 1:18 PM

Jan 2009
Slicer22 said:
People saying Hal is a good character you have some bad taste, hes quite simply a dick hes a massive prick hes about as bad as Kurenai Gekkou from Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi and about as bad a character.
I don't see it as something negative to compare him to Gekkou though. ( ¬‿¬)
They both have terrible personalities, and who doesn't like a character acting like a jerk?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 22, 2011 1:23 PM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
Slicer22 said:
People saying Hal is a good character you have some bad taste, hes quite simply a dick hes a massive prick hes about as bad as Kurenai Gekkou from Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi and about as bad a character.
They both have terrible personalities, and who doesn't like a character acting like a jerk?
Shounen loving faggots who like male lead's acting like Touma spouting bullshit about justice and whatnot and wanting to protect every fucking person in the world. Though Touma is actually cool like, he punches lolis and stuff, he just spouts some real bullshit.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 22, 2011 1:36 PM

Jun 2011
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
Slicer22 said:
Shounen loving faggots who like male lead's acting like Touma spouting bullshit about justice and whatnot and wanting to protect every fucking person in the world. Though Touma is actually cool like, he punches lolis and stuff, he just spouts some real bullshit.

Sure i like characters like Touma hes a good character and its not bullshit what he says it makes sense and is justified. Hal is more someone who talks bullshit but they would probably try justify him with some weak sad past. Though not to say that there are not some darker characters or more foul mouther characters that are done well like Accelerator hes actualy done well, hal is just a crap attempt at it and apprently mixed in some magical girl to him as well.

I know i used a to aru majutsu character as description for a good darker character but when i think dark protagonist or anti hero but Accelerator really is one that was done well, tbh hes one of the best and first one that comes to my mind
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Aug 23, 2011 6:37 AM

Feb 2009
Gosh, I hate Flam's voice. But the character seems to be nice, though.

I am not saying that I don't like HalxFlam duo, but I prefer HueyxDalian (reading posts from this thread made me miss "yes").
And in my opinion - the third pair of characters seem to be the bad ones.

Oh, and I was really startled at the beginning. I tried to somehow link Huey with Hal... But it seems that the whole connection will be revealed in next episodes.
http://fairy-end.myminicity.com - please click me sometimes xD
Aug 23, 2011 9:00 AM

May 2011
I really love Flam but I couldn't really tell if she was a girl or a boy due to her voice but I like it because it matches her character. I love Hal too, he's so awesome with his staff and baritsu.

I'm a little worried since it seems that they mistook Huey and Dalian to be the enemy(looking at Hal's description) and he looks more powerful than Huey, so if they were to meet...well....I don't think it would end well. I loved their transformation scene(unlocking the library), best one so far in my opinion.

Here's some info on the two people we saw giving Mabel the Phantom Book:

I’m just trying to be okay. Some days it’s harder than others. I hide away the most real parts of myself from everyone else. The emotions that I try to escape from. The constant pain I feel. The nightmares that keep me awake at night.

It hurts sometimes... knowing that the world is continuing happily all around me while I continue to drown in alcohol and slowly die inside myself.

Aug 23, 2011 7:42 PM

Jun 2008
"Who said anything about reading it?"

Brilliant. I love these two. I was also wondering the entire time whether or not Flam is in fact a trap. The voice is not helping...

Aug 23, 2011 7:54 PM

Jan 2008
Flam completely freaked me out whe she yelled out when Hal stook her hand in her.
Aug 25, 2011 7:05 AM
Oct 2009
Blackbird said:
I still prefer Hugh x Dalian.

Is this going to continue as it now or it will be back from it was in the beginning?

LoL when I hear cartridge load it's remind me of Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha xD

Totally !
Aug 25, 2011 10:22 PM

Apr 2009
Well that was different...

Baritsu, huh? It's Sherlock Holmes's martial art! XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 26, 2011 12:52 PM

Jan 2008
Aug 27, 2011 7:48 PM

Jul 2011
prismheart said:
Hal and Flam are more interesting than Hugh and Dalian. Yes, I just said it.

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this. I'm kind of hoping that they are the real main characters, and Huey and Dalian are the antagonists. That kind of plot twist would make me love this series.

I really hate Dalian and Huey. :|
Sep 4, 2011 11:02 PM
Feb 2009
what the ???
Sep 5, 2011 11:51 AM

Aug 2008
The new characters aren't so bad. They're not particularly good either. The interesting part was seeing that duo who apparently are going around handing out Phantom Books. Are they the eventual Big Bads or is it the Count. Perhaps it's neither, but I'm intrigued by this at least.

Sep 5, 2011 12:03 PM

Sep 2010
This episode was muuuch better than most of the other episodes until now. At least it was not trashy stuff like last time, though what couldn't stop was implying prostitutes every 5 minutes. I like the new couple more than Huey and Dalian, the latter have more cliché characters, or at least it feels like that to me. Overall this show is very cliché too, but that's another story.
Sep 8, 2011 6:25 PM

May 2010
"Thanks for coming to my town and destroying everything, I hope I can feed myself alone now"
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 9, 2011 5:52 AM
Sep 2010
Cool duo. Better than the other duo anyway.
Sep 25, 2011 12:19 AM

Jan 2011
That cartridge load really made me lol hard.
Oct 17, 2011 6:54 PM

Jul 2010
these 2 are almost like the inverted version of heuy and dailian.
Mormegil said:
My weekly dose of "YES" is missing this week. =(

yes i agree.

Oct 18, 2011 3:49 PM

Jun 2011
The way Hal took out the book from Flam is more brutal than the way Huey took out the book from Dalian. It's just like he thrusting it in to Flam's body (wait, that sounds weird....)

Anyway, good episode. I wonder why they like to insults each other though~
Oct 29, 2011 12:47 AM

Jun 2011
I lurve Flam~
She's so adorable XD
Feb 27, 2012 1:16 PM

Dec 2009
My second favorite episode from this series. Watching this episode for the thir-, no, maybe fourth time. Finally I'll be able to watch it normally 'cause the first time I had a stupid player that played the episode slowly and I hardly could enjoy it.
I love Flambergue, she's an awesome character. I love her voice as well. I don't get the point of using an character for just one episode. Was it just to show that there are more than one book's keeper or however it's called? Flam should be the main character, she's awesome, unlike Dalian.
And.. "You won't have time to read it". If he wanted, he would have time. Huey takes almost 3 minutes reading a book and everything works fine in the end lol.

rewatched episode
Apr 10, 2012 1:33 AM

May 2008
OH HI NANOHA! I mean ahem! The little girl is so mature it made me so happy when she smiled. Man i just love the mystery feel in this show. Though the use of the stick really brings out a magical girl feel.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 9, 2012 3:41 AM

Aug 2010
Hal and Flam make just a good a duo as Huey and Dalian if not better. The concept wasn't as interesting as the previous ones, this topic has been touched upon by others many times before, but at least the execution wasn't as bad as in the previous episodes. 4/5. I wonder if either them, or that other two in the flashback will be the final boss of the season.

Edit: A bonus point for the "Who said I'm gonna read it?" That was great.
Jan 29, 2013 7:56 PM

Jun 2012
Dalian is the best thing about the show, why have a whole episode without her? WHY!?
Jan 29, 2013 11:45 PM
Mar 2009
Finally, we see the other Biblioprincess & Gatekeeper pair from the OP. Guess they are good guys, which leaves the last pair to be the baddies.

Hal and Flam are like the exact opposite of Huey and Dalian. Lol.
Feb 16, 2013 9:22 AM

Jul 2012
Wahh, I thought there was only one Bibioprincess? Unless there really is and that was just Dalian in the past, maybe? I'm quite mind-blown, lol. Well, this episode got me more interested in this series^^

The talking part of the preview for the next episode got me hooked for the next episode!

What confused me is the break that happens in the middle of an episode. The title of the episode changes from what was stated in the beginning to what they state in the middle.. I don't even know if what I'm saying even makes sense >.<

Well, definitely missed Huey and Dalian in this episode >__<
Dec 4, 2014 9:12 AM

Oct 2014
The question is where did he take out the book from?
May 31, 2015 2:10 PM

Jun 2010
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
ALRIGHT! This was an awesome episode! Just what it needed to make it even more interesting than it already was. Hal is officially my fav. character. I love his swoopy hair. However, his b. princess... I wouldnt mind if she died in the near future. her personality is so awful/undesirable.
I hope the next princess we meet doesn&#039;t have an ugly personality as well. So far, wev&#039;e seen a bratty tsundere child who knows everything accept how to be the least bit considerate of others and now, a slutty; rude and annoying skank in a straight jacket... The next b.p. had better be one of those moe shy girls who messes up at everything.
Lastly, I think the next episode will definately be back to Dalian and Hughs. I think that we might meet some other new pairs in the future too, and/or these two will eventually meet and help each other fight some crazy powerful phantom book.

You just took all the words straight from my mouth! Hal is awesome! and that cartridge load weapon is a real asskicker!
Hate flam. Really I hope her to die. And everyone acted like it's a normal or common thing to have someone in a straight jacket. Also it's a bit annoying how similar all the characters are. Faces and everything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2015 12:06 PM

May 2015
Really messed up. This duo is very interesting. I feel bad for poor Flem, chained and bound, not to mention that every time he opens the Library she is in extreme pain. My guess is that, unlike Dalian, she wasn't meant to be a vessel for the Library. Though I could be totally off. :P
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 22, 2015 3:49 AM

Nov 2015
Eurgh, I related too much to a lot of things in that episode. I need more info now.
Jan 19, 2017 2:02 PM
Aug 2014
So they can burn away just the parts that had consumed her as well as making her forget all about what happened. That's rather convenient isn't it. Not a fan of just burning the last copy of a book where so far it's been show that isn't needed to solve the cases.
Apr 20, 2021 3:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Two new characters Hal and Flam for this episode, that's interesting, and the whole doll city case was creepy to be honest
Jan 13, 2023 1:13 PM

Aug 2018
not gonna lie, I loved the chuuni vibes of this episode. But as usual the story was way too rushed. This show would be so much better if it spit the stories into two episodes instead of cramming them into just one.
Mar 21, 2023 11:50 PM

Jul 2008
I had to double take and make sure I didn’t accidentally put on Kino instead!! It felt like an episode out of that anime more so than this one. I will say I really enjoyed it though! This pair has more personality to me and I hope we get to see more of them! Probably my favorite episode so far.
Apr 22, 11:26 AM

Dec 2022
Leagues better than the abomination that was the episode before this. The reveal of the town being populated by puppet imitations of the dead was as shocking as it was intended to be, and the action scenes were choreographed better than those in any of the previous episodes. Unfortunately, this new duo taking the leading role here means that the main duo is deprived of even more time that could've been used to explore their characters more.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 30, 2011

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

64 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

45 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

59 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 1:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.