Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2011 2:56 PM
Jun 2010
OH BOY

this is one of the few anime who keeps getting more and more interesting.
Jun 28, 2011 3:01 PM

Sep 2009
So, why is the show being so mean to me?? I just can't see her dying anymore.
The little Okarin and Mayushii moments (the hostage thing was just so cute!! *w* ♥) makes it more harder to watch both the characters. One dies and the other sees her die. It's just too painful ;____ ;

So the time leap does not produce a different timeline I am guessing. Hence, Mayuri dying continuously. [?????]
Why doesn't Okarin pay attention to Suzuha? He needs her aid to save her.
And i don't think Okarin was the one to save Christina in the 1st episode. Of course, it's still a guess.

AlexTrusk said:

Is it okay to be terrified by 9-year old girl?..
Yes if she looks like that & kids are more creepier when they are ghosts, zombies (like in Pet Cemetery *shivers*, or crazy.

And yes, yet another excellent episode. 2nd show this season to get a 10/10 with it's current condition.
Jun 28, 2011 3:01 PM

Jul 2007
hikaricore said:
Naelok said:
He needs to use a D-mail.

If he uses a D-Mail she still end up dying in this worldline and it will be out of his hands.
As it is he's actually leaping back to the exact same worldline instead of entering another.

That is till the moment he changes something there. And its not exactly "Same' world line. Its an identical world-line. the moment he changes something, it becomes a new one, existing parallel.

Its exact same as d-mail except that this sends copy of consciousness.
Jun 28, 2011 3:07 PM

Oct 2010
Fai said:
hikaricore said:
Naelok said:

If he uses a D-Mail she still end up dying in this worldline and it will be out of his hands.
As it is he's actually leaping back to the exact same worldline instead of entering another.

That is till the moment he changes something there. And its not exactly "Same' world line. Its an identical world-line. the moment he changes something, it becomes a new one, existing parallel.

Unlike D-Mail the user is experiencing a normal flow of events with time leaping as such it's the same world line. You could argue that every choice you make changes the world line, but this is all natural and unseen to the person involved. I don't think it really qualifies in that case.
Jun 28, 2011 3:14 PM

Jul 2007
hikaricore said:
Fai said:
hikaricore said:
Naelok said:

Unlike D-Mail the user is experiencing a normal flow of events with time leaping as such it's the same world line. You could argue that every choice you make changes the world line, but this is all natural and unseen to the person involved. I don't think it really qualifies in that case.

It qualifies on quantum level.

Its identical world line, but its not the same world-line, with that worldline still remaining due to the fact that otherwise is impossible due to causality paradox :)
Jun 28, 2011 3:22 PM

Nov 2008
Okay the fourth time he time leaped Okarin should place his foot so Nae would trip and die instead of Mayushii XDD or maybe just stay at the back before the train arrives. And then a SERN member is inside there...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 28, 2011 3:22 PM

Oct 2010
Fai said:
hikaricore said:
Fai said:
hikaricore said:
Naelok said:

Its identical world line, but its not the same world-line, with that worldline still remaining due to the fact that otherwise is impossible due to causality paradox :)

Up until the point of any change it's still the same worldline, we both agree on this. What I'm saying is that since the original timeline never actually occurred any worldlines it created don't exist. Since he is leaping back instead of sending a d-mail and interacting with events physically the only world lines being created are from his interactions and those of others IE natural changes to the world line. So basically it's the same world line because the one he came from never existed in the first place, while with d-mail he is injected into another worldline entirely. Additionally I think we're both way overthinking this and wtf Commie just released a v3.
Jun 28, 2011 3:25 PM
AhMeiZing #1000

Sep 2007
Endless 8 all i have to say but in a good/sad way
-
Behold a work of art made in Paint on Windows XP in 2007

too lazy to update these
Jun 28, 2011 3:25 PM

Jul 2008
hikaricore said:
Fai said:
hikaricore said:
Fai said:
hikaricore said:
Naelok said:

Up until the point of any change it's still the same worldline, we both agree on this. What I'm saying is that since the original timeline never actually occurred any worldlines it created don't exist. Since he is leaping back instead of sending a d-mail and interacting with events physically the only world lines being created are from his interactions and those of others IE natural changes to the world line. So basically it's the same world line because the one he came from never existed in the first place, while with d-mail he is injected into another worldline entirely. Additionally I think we're both way overthinking this and wtf Commie just released a v3.

tottally agree with this
thats the way i understood it aswell
Jun 28, 2011 3:35 PM

Jul 2007
hikaricore said:
Fai said:
hikaricore said:
Fai said:
hikaricore said:
Naelok said:

It is not the same.

IF its not? Hello causality paradox.
If some of previous changes do not exist? Hello causality paradox.
If his starter origin did not exist? Hello causality paradox.

Hence its the same as D-mail, except he himself can do stuff thus has more control.
Jun 28, 2011 3:35 PM

Feb 2010
This just keeps getting better and better. So far, if this anime stays as epic as it is, it will be my favorite by far. NICE episode.
It kept zooming in so you could see a strange guy with a case. I thought it was a SERN guy or something.XD
Jun 28, 2011 3:37 PM

Feb 2010
That lil girl must hit like a truck to knock a older girl holding hands with another guy right into the subway. Real mature.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2011 3:38 PM
May 2011
cr4sian_phil said:
I don't think my heart can handle Mayuri dying again.

Seriously me too, throughout this whole episode my heart kept pounding because I was so scared if Mayuri was going to die.

~This is also the most I've ever been scared watching a show.
ban1o.jpg
Jun 28, 2011 3:40 PM
Dec 2009
Somehow reminds me of Higurashi...
Anyways 3/5.
Jun 28, 2011 3:42 PM

Jun 2011
Mayuri can't help dying, huh?
Also, I'm guessing Suzuha has some type of military background judging by how she kicked ass.
Jun 28, 2011 3:45 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
T_T so sad anime... the typical time leap. No matter what time or world you go still the death nears at similar time!
Jun 28, 2011 3:59 PM

Jan 2011
Its times like this that okarin reminds how fucking stupid he is when he doesn't think. He keeps trying do this "I will save everyone by myself" plan that fails each time.

First, AS SOON as he time jumps, tell everybody the truth immediately, that gives everyone 3 hours to plan something, but don't use any electronics as they could be tapped, talk in person.

Second, GET THE FUCK AWAY from Mayuri....She's fucking Dying cause she's near you. Tell her to meet you somewhere MILES away from here, and lead her off to somewhere safe.

Third, Would you fucking tell Suzuha what the fuck is going on! Her knowing everything 3 hours early is EXCELLENT time for her to plan some shit. If she can get herself out of danger in 3 mins berfore the shit went down, imagine what she can do with 3 fucking hours.

Okarin, start using your fucking head instead of panicking.
Jun 28, 2011 4:00 PM
Jun 2011
I love how this episode when Okabe starts time leap it cuts perfect into the intro. Now we know what it looks like when he does the leap!

gave me goosebump right at the start, lol!
Jun 28, 2011 4:12 PM

Mar 2009
I just love watching poor little tuturu~ die over and over again. :|
Thanks, Steins;Gate.
Jun 28, 2011 4:44 PM

Nov 2010
I think it might be impossible to save Mayuri because the world line didn't change. So no matter what, she'll get killed. Well, that's what I think based on the Novikov self-consistency principle.

"No action the traveler takes to affect or change history can ever succeed, as some form of "bad luck" or coincidence always prevents the outcome. In effect, the traveler cannot change history. Often in fiction, the time traveler does not merely fail to prevent the actions, but in fact precipitate them usually by accident."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox
Jun 28, 2011 4:46 PM

Jun 2009
mystik said:
wow that's depressing on the 3rd death scene. he just can't cheat fate yet.... hit by a train no accident? that is harsh. oh man the 2nd time, when he forgot about the bomb threat....

I don't know why he doesn't tell Daru and Makise? or at least tell the Suzuha who can actually fight.

the smart thing to do is GET AWAY FROM Mayushii. SERN is after him not her. so he needs to get the hell out, as do Daru and Makise. take the part time warrior with him as she is useful.

shit just got intense. so death count so far Makise 2 Mayushii 3.

i kow quit beign an ass u have frinds use them u dick don't let her die
Jun 28, 2011 5:03 PM

Jul 2008
So it seems like a time leap can't change the future, just how it happens. Only a D-Mail can shift the world lines. Like others have suggested, a D-Mail might be a better way to try and save Mayuri. Or just tell her to spend the night at her cosplay friend's house.
Jun 28, 2011 5:09 PM

Feb 2010
As soon as I saw them showing the tunnel, I knew they were fuckin' with my fragile heart. ;_; Poor Mayuri...
Jun 28, 2011 5:10 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, I think Okabe might need to change up tactics and stop trying to fix it by himself.
Jun 28, 2011 5:16 PM

Jan 2010
wow.....I seriously wonder if what Okarin is doing is totally useless. It seems like she's destined to die.

I wonder how they are going to pump up the suspense for the next 11 episodes?
Jun 28, 2011 5:17 PM

Oct 2009
For Mayushii to die three times is tragedic...
But damn, everything out in that one world line is out to kill Mayuri. T_T
SPOILER IS FOR EPISODE BELOW.

And we'll go through a cycle of endless eights in order for Okarin to get things right. But you can definitely tell he is panicking due to the trauma from Episode 12...

But overall, this is a very good episode. (5/5)

Jun 28, 2011 5:22 PM

May 2010
Death 2
"Moeka: Okabe kun..." part.
I wonder which is she actually referring to.
Jun 28, 2011 5:27 PM
Dec 2007
Someone needs to use the D-Mail in order to save Mayushii (on the down side, that could make the Shinkansen black - I'm joking but the scene with the mother and her child is clearly here as a future indicator of whether or not the time lines have been changed or not -).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 28, 2011 5:36 PM
Jun 2009
My favorite ep Mayurii dieing contantly cant get enough of it i loled last ep when she got shot but this was fucking epic no matter what she dies in better ways I so wanted to see the front of that subway after it hit her (I know I am a little fucked in the head)
Jun 28, 2011 5:47 PM

Nov 2009
Holy sht .... so fking scary ..... Mayushii's died countless time now. What will next ep await us?
Jun 28, 2011 5:49 PM

Aug 2009
cr4sian_phil said:
I don't think my heart can handle Mayuri dying again.
Hopefully, they are not going to continue doing this next episode...
Jun 28, 2011 6:07 PM

Nov 2010
Holy Shit... this felt like i was playing a Visual Novel and fell into like.. 3 Bad Ends in a row... School Days Style... Holy Fuck this is an awesome Anime

Jun 28, 2011 6:09 PM

Oct 2010
This was so... D:

5/5
Jun 28, 2011 6:21 PM
Jun 28, 2011 6:26 PM

Nov 2009
Is too much, 3 times death, could it be that death is the final point no matter, how many times u change the past, till u prove that.... but is too much to bear
NNNYYYAAA~ KAWAII~

Jun 28, 2011 6:31 PM

Feb 2008
Played the game, but my heart still hurt from watching this episode...
I feel sorry for Okabe.

(game spoiler)
sakaJun 28, 2011 10:31 PM
Jun 28, 2011 6:35 PM

Apr 2011
OMGWTFBBQ?! DAMN! Mayuri died three times in a row! And call me a horrible person but I ROFLLMAOED when she died 2 more times! I started to LOL when she got hit by the car and I ROFLED when she died because the kid pushed her! XD
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Jun 28, 2011 6:40 PM

Jun 2007
solman said:
the twist for me would be if he actually manage to change mayurii´s destiny, and what impact it would have on the world or even the universe.

I think that's why as a child he suddenly had that stroke or w/e it was that Maysushii said he had as a child but suddenly got better. He probably ignores Makise's speech on how risky it is to send memories back past x number of minutes and calls himself (assuming he has a cell phone) which in turn results in him forgetting a lot of the important stuff which results in the twist of this being an endless circle that he's been repeating for the past x number of years.
Jun 28, 2011 6:42 PM

Mar 2009
Interesting ep,

Okabe should go back now and do exactly the same except stand further back from the platform, get a better grip on Mayuri, and make sure he is prepared for the kid to appear. I wonder how she would die next if he did that? He can keep using the same plan and altering it slightly each time he time leaps according to what happened the previous time. Surely she would live eventually. I wonder how long Okabe can retain his sanity watching Mayuri die over and over again, though...
Jun 28, 2011 6:43 PM

Jan 2011
Dat kids face D:, Okabe i hope you have nerves of steel by the next episode because i think anyone would have a total meltdown after seeing their dear friend die 3 times in a row.
Jun 28, 2011 7:01 PM
May 2011
danilodsz said:
and suddenly madoka has lost all originality that madoka fans loved on her anime xD

well stains gate visual novel was waaay before madoka so it was never original at all
Jun 28, 2011 7:02 PM

Aug 2010
Why doesn't Okarin use the D-Mail to warn the group before they start hacking into Cern? Because that seems to be when Cern first discovered that they were experimenting with time travel. But considering that Cern probably can time travel as well, they might have prepared for that.

It seems like Cern have their bases pretty well covered, it's difficult to see a positive outcome coming out of this.
Jun 28, 2011 7:06 PM
Nov 2010
Baw. I'm not really a fan of Mayushii personally, but I do tend to get into an anime. I felt really bad for her, but Moeka's proving to be lil' devil. As if shooting poor Mayuri isn't enough, she runs a car into the poor girl as well. Mr. Braun's kid though.. I didn't really expect her coming along, but I did predict that Mayuri was going to be hit by the train.. I mean how typical is it to be standing right up against the edge of the tracks? SERN is determined to kill the chick, and Okabe must be losing his mind right now. I wanted to cry when Makise got shot though, Okarin should just time leap back and scream at them to hold his dick cause things just got real.

This series is going to be my all time favorite if they keep this up.
Jun 28, 2011 7:17 PM

Jun 2008
NOOOOO!!!!

It's like I'm watching a Mixture of MADOKA and Higurashi.....

She's just going to keep dying no matter what happens, I can't believe how good this series has turned out to be.

Next week can't come quick enough.....where's a time machine when you need one!!!!

@Everyone posting VN spoilers:

STOP!!!!

It's not cool to ruin this great anime just because you know what's going to happen next.....technically you're NOT allowed to post spoilers of what's going to happen, regardless if you're hiding them on the "Spoiler tab".
Jun 28, 2011 8:11 PM

May 2009
I was expecting it, but I still wasn't mentally prepared for the repeated deaths of Mayuri. It was wretched and I feel horrible for Okabe. Great episode. Can't watch it again, but great episode. And I loved the heart-pounding opening scene. It's like a big slap to the face to get your attention. Wow.
Jun 28, 2011 8:17 PM

May 2010
It's PMMM all over again but much more interesting though. And Suzuha doing some kickass moves there.. :)

Nothing so much to say.
Jun 28, 2011 8:28 PM

Feb 2010
Okabe escaping from SERN was dumb , he just run and sern did nothing?

except for that it was an amazing episode.
Jun 28, 2011 8:36 PM

Jun 2009
Even the fourth dimension wanted her dead.
Jun 28, 2011 8:48 PM

Mar 2010
At first this anime seemed to be going really slow imo, but the last couple of episodes changed my view on it. If this anime just keeps getting better I think it could be the best airing anime of 2011.

Poor Mayuri though. Not only does she have no idea whats going on but she dies in every time leap Okarin does. Hopefully he finds a timeline where he can save her.
Jun 28, 2011 8:56 PM

Jun 2011
Veruz said:
While I am not a mayushii fanboy, I start to feel Okarin's pain. I mean... Hell, three times? And that last one - How much more can someone take before they get a mental breakdown?

Well, at least she didn't get jelly-fied or something, still better dying than ending up that way.

If Makise Pudding wasn't enough for Okabe, how bout sum Shiina Jello! =D

It isn't like SERN wants Mayuri dead. Okabe is going against the will of the world. He has entered a closed loop. Start using ur damn brain n stop acting like ur Rambo u dumbass.

I love u Suzuha! Please marry me! This is when anime adaptation shines! More ACTION, please!

"跳べよぉぉぉぉぉっ!!!" Makes my blood boil whenever I hear that line. >=D

And wth Kurisu got shot? She won't die anyway. Her purpose hasn't been fulfilled yet. Much like Mayuri's doomed death.

Hum I wonder what that delightful crackling sound is... yo Mayushii got run over by a train! Nice one Nae!
KansokushaJun 29, 2011 12:22 AM
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1826 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 10:22 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.