Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 15, 2011 1:19 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Blue night... interesting. That guy experienced similarly with Rin.

KajiKaji's role finally talked this ep.

Yukio and the presi. were looking after Rin's action, and presi.'s brother appeared.
tsubasaloverMay 15, 2011 1:23 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 15, 2011 4:54 AM

Nov 2008
The bad thing about reading the manga beforehand is that there's not much to say except that it was a good adaptation and the quality went down.

Next week looks like a filler, so we'll finally see how good A-1 is at making original episodes.

May 15, 2011 7:24 AM

May 2009
So much happened in this episode, but loved it really

looking forward to next week's epi ^_^
May 15, 2011 9:37 AM

Sep 2010
Good episode, Suguro is shaping up to be an awesome friend/rival, and I also enjoyed how Rin tamed that demon frog.

However, the part where Rin says Shiemi isn't his friend overshadowed alot of my further enjoyment of the episode. Considering that misconception was not cleared up, I give this a 4/5.
May 15, 2011 9:45 AM

Aug 2010
I thought Rin was going to pull out his sword and reveal to everyone who he is, but I guess I was wrong...
May 15, 2011 10:15 AM

Jun 2010
I seriously thought that he was going to take out his sword and then there would have been some confusion and then the Miko girl would accept him because she knows him for who he really is. I think it would have been awesome like that.

I guess all the demon creatures know who is the top demon when Rin shows his power

May 15, 2011 10:24 AM

Jan 2011
I like everytime when Rin blushes! ^^ so cute!
Nakai Kazuya is just awesome seiyu! <3

Blue Night... I think it's the day when Rin was born... just a guess :)

May 15, 2011 10:25 AM

Apr 2010
Great episode. But the moment when Rin stopped the demon was too fast in my opinion.. It looked better in the manga.

Kirche said:

Next week looks like a filler, so we'll finally see how good A-1 is at making original episodes.

I noticed that. I'm looking forward to see what they will make.
May 15, 2011 10:31 AM

May 2010
Good episode.

And I wasn't wrong that Ryuji has the same VA as Hijikata Toushiro from Gintama.

I wonder what Mephistopheles is up to.
May 15, 2011 10:55 AM

Oct 2010
so good, Rin was kickass, if thats the right way to say it.
May 15, 2011 10:59 AM

Jun 2009
awesome ep i loved the scene when rin jumps inbewteen the frog and suguro soo kick ass ;) go for it Rin
May 15, 2011 11:10 AM

Nov 2008
There's one thing I didn't understand, why did Rin deny Shiemi was his friend? (I think there was a reason in the manga but I can't remember)

Anna_Hiwatari said:

Blue Night... I think it's the day when Rin was born... just a guess :)

I thought that too at first, but didn't Rin turn 15 in the first episode? Maybe it has something to do with how he was conceived...

May 15, 2011 11:12 AM
Feb 2008
Kannei said:
awesome ep i loved the scene when rin jumps inbewteen the frog and suguro soo kick ass ;) go for it Rin

Yeah that was really cool!

I can't wait for the next episode ^^
May 15, 2011 11:17 AM

Nov 2010
Nakai Kazuya <3 First I thought Zoro made a cameo ^^
May 15, 2011 11:21 AM
Nov 2008
I love his voice too. Especially the Rs. Korraaa!!!
May 15, 2011 12:00 PM

May 2010
great episode
Rin was cool as always
Bon, oh Bon you are cool as well

Kannei said:

that was epic
May 15, 2011 12:33 PM

Sep 2009
Animation quality went down, unfortunately. The humor in this episode was pretty hit or miss, but the sequence about Bon's past was pretty cool. A pretty good episode.
May 15, 2011 12:41 PM

Apr 2007
Kirche said:

A-1 is really damn terrible at fillers.

I know all main characters need a romantic interest but... That girl? Really? Really?

Good episode, I liked the rebel character, but the blonde girl just frustrates me.
May 15, 2011 12:52 PM

Nov 2008
Nice episode. Rin was cool this episode too.
May 15, 2011 1:00 PM

Feb 2010
Ahh Rin can be so badassss...
May 15, 2011 1:02 PM

Nov 2008
The end was so gay XDD

Overall, it was a kickass episode. Rin showed whos the boss XDD

I also want to know the other students too. They seemed interesting - the hoodie dude, the dude with a stuffed rabbit? and them girls too

and also moar Mameshiba awesomeness XDD

AngelLily said:
I know all main characters need a romantic interest but... That girl? Really? Really?
^What? You got a problem with Shiemi? She's a nice girl and cute. I don't know why you are against her. Please explain :(

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 15, 2011 1:06 PM

Jun 2009
Next week is a filler? I hope its good. Also awesome episode, and I love Amaimon's voice <3

May 15, 2011 1:14 PM

Mar 2010
kyaa = ) rin
Signature deleted for exceeding the maximum size restrictions.

May 15, 2011 1:25 PM

Jul 2010
Hah, now they know they have the same goal! If Bon knew about Rin he would've killed him! xD

Great episode.

May 15, 2011 1:26 PM
Sep 2009
AngelLily said:

Personally, I like Shiemi. She looks and acts different than most shounen-action series' love interests and I think that's a good thing, in this case~

~~

Rin was great as usual. I absolutely adore the guy, and I can't get enough of him. The fog horn at the end with Mephisto was epic in the best way, further proving why this is turning out to be one of the best shows this season~
May 15, 2011 1:31 PM

Sep 2009
That was a great episode~ o u o The scene with the frog was one of my favorites from the manga so it was nice to see it get animated.

I'm still waiting for the "epilogue" deal of the episode to load but even if next week's episode turns out to be a filler I'm sure it'll probably still be interesting. :U
May 15, 2011 1:34 PM

Oct 2010
BWlw said:

Personally, I like Shiemi. She looks and acts different than most shounen-action series' love interests and I think that's a good thing, in this case~

I never been big on Naruto, so i might be wrong, but isn't she just Hinata v2.0? Plus she has a crush on Yukio.

Anyways, nice episode, it still shocks me how Yukio really was pointing a gun again at Rin = \ That's just messed up
huh?
May 15, 2011 1:36 PM

Apr 2007
DenjaX said:
^What? You got a problem with Shiemi? She's a nice girl and cute. I don't know why you are against her. Please explain :(

That's exactly why I don't like her. That frail, clumsy stereotype really gets to me. I could be proven wrong (and it'd actually be nice if that happened!), but as of now, I get the feeling that even if she ends up having the biggest potential as an exorcist, she'd still fail on her own, always needing that one push from the main character, or to be saved by him.

This is typical shounen to the core, so I shouldn't expect something too different, but I wished for a different stereotype, at least.

"BWlw" said:

Really? I feel her to be very typical. If we take Rukia from Bleach as an example, she has her fair deal of damsel-in-distress-ness, but she's still strong. Shiemi pushes my wrong buttons.
May 15, 2011 1:54 PM

Jan 2009
For some reason, Suguro so very much reminds me of Holland. Which is kind of funneh, seeing as Fujimoto's seiyuu was Holland's as well.
And for the first time now, I actually thought Rin was being pretty cool. What with stepping in front of the frog, threatening it and whatnot.
Also, needs moar Izumo.
And as for Mephisto. Oh you big ol' troll ☜(゚∀゚☜)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 15, 2011 1:55 PM

Jul 2009
I put "like it" instead of "love it" because they messed up the scene with Mephisto. =_= We were suppose to see his devilish face in that scene, BUT NO. They just screwed it up.
Amaimon is adorable though! <3
And Bon and his gang! :3 <33

Rin and Shiemi are too cute. x3

Oh yeah! And I'm surprised they're already doing a filler. o_O I hope it's good.
NightGazeMay 15, 2011 2:08 PM
May 15, 2011 2:05 PM
Oct 2010
Post-ending was funny LOLOL and Mephisto's a demon? I THOUGHT SO!
May 15, 2011 2:13 PM

Aug 2010
OtakuronZ said:
Post-ending was funny LOLOL and Mephisto's a demon? I THOUGHT SO!

Me too. He's going to mess around.
Oh, it's getting more and more interesting
May 15, 2011 2:20 PM

Sep 2010
AngelLily said:

Really? I feel her to be very typical. If we take Rukia from Bleach as an example, she has her fair deal of damsel-in-distress-ness, but she's still strong. Shiemi pushes my wrong buttons.

She pushes my right buttons, my only qualm with her is that she didn't fall in love with Rin : P

Plus unlike Rukia who has seldom cute/moe moments, Shiemi is always cutesy with that huge smile of hers : )
May 15, 2011 2:34 PM

Sep 2010
Anyone know what chapter of the manga this episode leaves off on? I can't wait for next weeks episode ><
May 15, 2011 2:40 PM

Jun 2009
Oh Rin was actually kinda awesome with that frog action, at least he doesn't get on my nerves anymore.
Lol Mephisto trolling.

Anyway, the best part was after the ed. Thing with hair reminds me when i had the same problem.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 15, 2011 2:42 PM

Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
Thing with hair reminds me when i had the same problem.
Hate it when that happens. Having hair drop down in your face while studying is damn annoying. I should get a haircut.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 15, 2011 2:49 PM

Aug 2010
Oh rin you. Suguro is the rival im guessing?
May 15, 2011 2:52 PM

Sep 2009
Kittyman said:
She pushes my right buttons, my only qualm with her is that she didn't fall in love with Rin : P
Just give her some time and she probably will.

billng said:
Suguro is the rival im guessing?
I am guessing him being Rin's BFF

Rin was cool!..but a little rude to Shiemi.
Less of Yukio and Suguro was cute at the end XD
Mephisto's a demon?~ interesting.
May 15, 2011 2:55 PM
Aug 2010
so blue night was either the night that rin and yukio were conceived or born one of those would be my guess? there yukio was prepared to shoot his bro again! :(
May 15, 2011 2:58 PM

Sep 2008
AngelLily said:
DenjaX said:

That's exactly why I don't like her. That frail, clumsy stereotype really gets to me. I could be proven wrong (and it'd actually be nice if that happened!), but as of now, I get the feeling that even if she ends up having the biggest potential as an exorcist, she'd still fail on her own, always needing that one push from the main character, or to be saved by him.

This is typical shounen to the core, so I shouldn't expect something too different, but I wished for a different stereotype, at least.

"BWlw" said:

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THAT?
But I do have to agree about her pushing my buttons a times...always in need of a push. As well as the show being very typical...just executed right, just look at the love scenario between Rin,Shemei and Yukio. ANYWAYS GOOD EPISODE (:
May 15, 2011 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
Marablack said:
so blue night was either the night that rin and yukio were conceived or born one of those would be my guess? there yukio was prepared to shoot his bro again! :(

He was ready to shoot the demon in case Rin didn't stop it.

May 15, 2011 3:06 PM

Sep 2009
I rewatch the part Rin tame the monster many times. It's just simple but damn awesome :D And i see that he's not that dumb, he know that he's not suppose to draw the sword infront of others.

The part where Rin say Shiemi isn't his friend...damn it. Shiemi was going to ask Rin if she can be his friend and that bon interupt at the worst timing.
May 15, 2011 3:15 PM
Aug 2010
so weighing in on this whole Shemei thing i don't like her very much either for some reason she annoys the hell outta me. I don't like her as much as I liked Rukia........I suppose for yukio she would be ok but even then i don't like her much I would really just rather see her as a friend for them both and BTW just looking at that picture makes me annoyed >.<
May 15, 2011 3:22 PM

Oct 2007
MusashiRose said:
Ahh Rin can be so badassss...
I think you mean to say this "Rom is so bad as a character" :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 15, 2011 3:22 PM
Jan 2011
Kirche said:
Marablack said:

He was ready to shoot the demon in case Rin didn't stop it.

Im pretty sure he would have to shoot Rin. Either or I guess.

Love Zorros voice
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

May 15, 2011 3:26 PM
Sep 2009
choyos said:
BWlw said:

I never been big on Naruto, so i might be wrong, but isn't she just Hinata v2.0? Plus she has a crush on Yukio.

True, to an extent, but let's not forget that Hinata's purpose was to be the side-character in the shadows who was obsessed with Naruto and to level-up to a huge "set" in the end. Shiemi doesn't give off any vibes that make her very physically appealing at all and she's a main character.

I think that's what makes Shiemi more interesting. Not to mention, the writing makes it more real for Rin to have a bit of a crush on her. She doesn't have any prominent assets, and she's supposedly weak in terms of combat; however, she has a confident, friendly personality to make up for it and how it is executed is what makes her cute and likeable. In fact, in that regard, she turns out to be similar to Rin, and that similarity gives them chemistry~

By comparison, Hinata just doesn't have much of a personality outside of Naruto and being shy.
May 15, 2011 3:27 PM

Nov 2008
xOriginalxSinx said:

Im pretty sure he would have to shoot Rin. Either or I guess.

Nah, he didn't even shoot him when he was angry and sure Rin was about to attack him.

May 15, 2011 3:29 PM

Jul 2009
Justin262 said:
Anyone know what chapter of the manga this episode leaves off on? I can't wait for next weeks episode ><

This episode was of chapter 4. :)
May 15, 2011 3:35 PM

Feb 2010
Pretty good episode.

I just couldn't help laughing when Rin and Bon got into that little brawl in P.E. it's just too funny xD

and "You're such a reckless Kitty." LOLWAT.

Also, I'm loving the bromance that will be bound to sprout between Rin and Bon. Yeeah.

Filler episode better be good.

<3
May 15, 2011 3:38 PM
Dec 2007
Finally an interesting episode, probably the best since episode 2. Lots of good ideas were thrown and the developments were kind of cool. Oh and of course the leaper scene was awesome.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.