Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 31, 2008 6:41 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think there were a lot of interesting character developments this time around.

Reuental seems to have made a turnaround for himself. He's not 100% guilt free but at least now he looks to be gunning against Oberstein instead. Mittermeyer is also in the same camp. Even worse for Oberstein, it appears the even Reinhard is having to disagree with him on several occassions. So far it looks like Oberstein's supporters are getting to be few and far between. He's always prepared and scheming so he probably will see his enemies getting ready in advance. He'll definitely need to prepare for this time.

Yang's outward appearance still paints the picture of a laid back leader but he's constantly thinking. His crew figured he was sleeping but he was able to think through and analyze everything they said along with further planning. The question now is what will he do when word gets out that Reinhard wants to negotiate the return of Lennenkanpt.

Mittermeyer defended Yang during the meeting but that was with the belief that Lennenkanpt was still alive and would be available for questioning should he be brought in. With Lennenkanpt dead there will be a shadow over any explaination they try to give. In a way that's probably the outcome Reinhard eventually wants though. He's restless and seems to be searching for his next battle. The only one suitable enough for that challenge would be Yang. Yang still has a lot of prep work that needs to be done first though.

Julian is showing some good initiative of his own. He's already had plenty of experience on the alliance side, some liason work with Phezzan, and his latest dangerous trip to Earth. Going to Odin he can continue to expand his knowledge of the current state of affairs throughout the universe. With more experience, his knowledge can prove invaluable in dealing with all sides.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Dec 2, 2008 2:56 PM

Aug 2008
Seems like Reuental has decided against going for power. I wonder if Reinhard and Mariandorf are gonna get married possibly. I was kinda laughing when everybody was talking about how much of a slacker Yang is while at the same time Yang was doing some heavy thinking ^_^ Seems like Oberstein is still the manipulative, evil, powehungry man as always.
Sep 10, 2009 1:52 AM

Jun 2009
Fantastic, the scene where Attenborough and Walter were talking while Yang was "sleeping" was really well done. Also, Reinhard looks like even more of a badass now.

It's going to be interesting when Walter meets his daughter, I think. On a side note, Reuental is definitely one of my favorite characters from this series now. His character progression has been just outstanding.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 31, 2009 1:24 AM

Jul 2008
loved this episode.. liked Reuental in this one...
& Julian going to odin is interesting..
Jan 13, 2010 11:16 AM

Jan 2009
Again, there's a lot going on this episode... one of them includes the final preperations to move the capital from Odin to Phezzan. Hilde will become regent at Odin, and Reinhard will take just about everyone to Phezzan with him.

Reuenthal and Wolfgang are looking ever more determined in stopping Oberstein from further manipulating Reinhard. Their assumptions couldn't be more right as we saw a bit of disagreement between Oberstein and Reinhard earlier. (who supposedly attained his Super Saiyan Lv.3 form between episodes)

Julian continues his journey, heading over to Odin to gain yet one more viewpoint, which may prove invaluable in the future. Poplan on the other hand... has his head in the right place.... sort of.

It's also interesting to note that Yang isn't always napping, but rather in deep thought, carefully considering what his next his next action should be... and with Frederica compiling all the information they and Merkatz have gathered, he should be as ready as he'll ever be for what comes next.
DeadBonesBrookJan 14, 2010 1:51 PM
Aug 19, 2010 12:06 PM

Jan 2009
lol Reinhard wearing a wig. I mean he must wear one since it take a little onger than 2 weeks to grow that lang hair^^
Oct 18, 2010 1:23 PM

Jan 2010
Reinhard needs a haircut :p

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 25, 2010 11:25 PM

May 2010
My face when I saw Reinhard's hair

Oh Yang! You funny weirdo
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 3, 2011 5:12 PM

Apr 2009
Okay, it took me 64 episodes, and I'm not sure which part of this one made me say it - Reuenthal, the exchange between Cazellnu,Walter&Dusty and Yang's thoughts inbetween, Julian's idea, or the fact that the planet that first rebelled is El Facil, so important to Yang in terms of his military career (just a detail, a very nice one however) -
...but this is genius.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 11, 2011 3:41 PM
Jul 2010
Reinhard always comes up with a different excuse for the family thing. Seeing as he's already said he doesn't care about creating a dynasty, Emil will probably end up getting groomed into an ideal Kaiser. I only wonder if a warrior like Reinhard can last long enough to do that.

Reuenthal's ambition is getting more interesting. I find it difficult to place exactly where his loyalties lie. Perhaps it's divided between the Kaiser, the Kaiser's brilliance, and his personal dreams that have only grown larger with his accomplishments.
Mar 30, 2011 6:31 PM

Aug 2009
like everyone else I loved when everyone was making fun of Yang's laziness while he was actually thinking up elaborate plans. That scene reminded me of code geass and how lelouch always acted when he was at school XD

Reinhard's hair grew quickly didn't it? He has kind of become the original bishounen.

The thing about him needing an enemy is interesting. But I do like this new dynamic of Reinhard as supreme ruler and Yang as rebel leader. Reinhard has taken on the opposite role from how he started out, and he knows it.

Also, he seems really uninterested in family life or romance at all. I wonder if he will ever even hook up with anyone in the series. It seems the only people he ever truly cared for were his best friend and his sister.
sevenayMar 30, 2011 6:51 PM
Aug 22, 2011 8:50 PM
Jun 2011
This episode showed a little more of Reuenthal and Oberstein's conflict. The scene where they were meeting about Lennankampt showed how similar they were. Mittermeyer appeared to be flustered so Reuenthal stepped in and seemed to be more of a match for Oberstein. First they make us think Oberstein needs to protect the empire from Reuenthal, but now it looks likes a complete reversal. Very interesting.

See what happens when you have absolute power...no one will tell you that you need a haircut! Where is Kaiser's fashion adviser?
Dec 13, 2011 5:44 PM
Feb 2011

FINALLY.

Also..

Julian has the potential to become a favorite character soon. The Alliance, Phezzan, Earth, and now Odin. He's gonna have some interesting opinions in the future.
Jan 18, 2012 10:50 PM

Sep 2009
....DAMNIT LOTGH.
I was about to go to bed content with all the character development that happened in this episode....

and then you throw that El Fractel declaring independence in the literal last second.
Feb 10, 2012 12:16 PM

Aug 2010
clannad4ever said:
Reinhard needs a haircut :p

Fuck no. He looks even more glorious with long hair.
Apr 1, 2012 8:01 AM

Nov 2009
Reinhard looks like a mighty lion and ruler with his long hair. It suits him so well, i couldn't believe it xD.
Apr 25, 2012 9:51 AM

Feb 2012
Once again this season is turning out to be better than the previous, it seems that this series only gets better towards the end. Again there were some very nice allusions that have made this season seem more subtle and interesting. The beginning of the episode was visually referring to the painting Wanderer above the Sea of Fog by Caspar David Friedrich, that symbol of simultaneous insignificance and mastery over nature and unknown future. The background music was great there as well (sounded like Wagner though I didn't recognize it). The Alliance situation reminds me of France under Nazi occupation.

The scene with Yang's men lamenting his lack of ambition while he's planning ahead was really well executed too. And it was funny seeing Reinhard has turned into Fabio. My favourite moment was Poplan saying that one needs at least a few affairs to be called virtuous because the word has no meaning without experience.
May 11, 2012 8:13 PM

Feb 2012
So the last time we saw Reinhard was when he was reading the biopic on the Goldenbaum Dynasty, sometime between July 14th and July 16th. It's now July 30th, and his hair...wow. Half a month.
May 11, 2012 8:15 PM

May 2010
Hakuromatsu said:
So the last time we saw Reinhard was when he was reading the biopic on the Goldenbaum Dynasty, sometime between July 14th and July 16th. It's now July 30th, and his hair...wow. Half a month.

You got that right
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 11, 2012 1:20 AM

Jun 2009
Hakuromatsu said:

I'm pretty sure his hair has been gradually getting longer throughout the series, so it didn't really surprise me that his hair had gotten that long in half a month. Even if I'm wrong, I don't care as I'm pretty confident Reinhard now has the best hair in anime. The nickname "Golden Lion" definitely fits him now. I'm finding Hildegard's analysis that he's looking for his next battle. I think that he has proceeded too fast in his rise, battle is pretty much all he knows at this point. At least he himself is aware of this.

Reuental bitching out Lang was awesome, it'll be interesting seeing Julian going to Odin, Yang thinking up a plan while the others say he "naps all the time" was brilliant, and El Facile is the first planet to succeed the Alliance. Gotta love it.
Ston3_FreeN7Jun 11, 2012 1:24 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 1, 2012 8:45 AM

Jan 2011
Reinhard now has one of the most fabulous hair ive sen on anime, second only to Albafica
Reuental keeps getting more awesome
Aug 3, 2013 9:03 PM

Jun 2013
Reuenthal + Mittermeyer vs. Oberstein square off!

woooot Reinhard got long hair, looks neat.

And now Reinhard takes complete control over the Alliance while "Rebel" Yang plans his next move. Good development.
Sep 22, 2013 9:49 PM

Nov 2009
El Facil has revolted? Not sure that is wise . . . (by the way, they should totally make it so that the Iserlohn Fortress can move, and just use that to go planet hunting.) . . .
Oct 4, 2013 5:59 PM

Jul 2011
Insan3Heisenberg said:
Fantastic, the scene where Attenborough and Walter were talking while Yang was "sleeping" was really well done.

That made me laugh. He's actually thinking when he's "slacking". XD

Reinhard has luscious blonde hair now, huh? I wonder if Yang will take up the role of his opponent, or if Reinhard will incite conflict with him...
Mar 20, 2014 10:09 PM

May 2011
Oskar stole the episode for me. Yang's crew were entertaining as usual too. I look forward to their reunion with Merkatz and co (especially Walter/Karen).

Along with the many other thought-processes and development, there were two especially big announcements this episode...

- Reinhard is changing headquarters to Phezzan
- El Facil has claimed independance

It looks like it's that time again for the Reich. Alliance is definitely finished if it comes to that, but let's see how all the other major players react. Especially "Rebel" Yang.
Apr 23, 2014 8:14 AM

Mar 2013
Reuenthal's attack on Lang was epic! Wakamoto, Norio is so incredible, and it takes a special character like Reuenthal to allow him to shine. Loving the politics and maneuvering and logic, its glorious.

Was hit by a lightning bolt when El Facil was announced to have become autonomous from the FPA. The show knows how to bring back nostalgia from its own roots/backstory, it's like watching poetry in motion. Simply amazing, nay Legendary.
SlickDNov 11, 2014 6:53 PM
Aug 7, 2014 5:56 PM

Nov 2013
Every time Yang is now napping on screen I will assume he's currently engaged in Yoda-like contemplation.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 7, 2014 12:26 AM

Dec 2013
Still finding it unbelievable that Reinhard's hair grew so quickly. And I totally agree with Reuenthal and Mittermeyer how Oberstein needs to be put down. He is doing Reinhard no good.
Nov 10, 2014 1:09 PM

Mar 2012
prosit said:
Obviously, his hair is stealing his strength.

That must be it.
Jan 3, 2015 11:53 AM

Jan 2014
I've been waiting for Oberstein to get back in his groove. Let the plotting begin!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 6, 2015 2:22 PM

Aug 2014
Another good episode. I'm really liking Oberstein, for some reason I think he's cool. Maybe its the way that he calmly deals with things and that he has a lot of power over Reindhart. I wonder what they were talking about at the end with the planet that ceded from the Alliance. I guess we'll find out next episode.
Jun 1, 2015 12:06 AM
Nov 2014
Wow, Reinhard's new long hair is just glorious. So they declared Phezzan to be the next imperial capital city, interesting. Yang is still a lazy ass mofo though :P
Jun 15, 2015 4:57 PM

May 2012
Solid episode, I really liked the ending of this episode! Let's see what's next.
Jul 10, 2015 11:46 AM

Dec 2013
Dat Reinhard hair doe! Glorious/10
Jul 27, 2015 7:26 PM

Dec 2008
I think an explanation is in order regarding Reinhard's hair. Did it grow that fast from him being ill, or is it a weave?

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 28, 2015 11:37 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Hannah_Ana said:
I think an explanation is in order regarding Reinhard's hair. Did it grow that fast from him being ill, or is it a weave?

Sent with Mal Updater

There are a lot of time skips in this anime. But yea, they don't really do a good job at the transitioning.
Aug 16, 2015 4:06 AM

Jan 2015
Finally, Reinhard has become the beautiful Bishounen I always knew he'd be.
Oct 15, 2015 1:54 AM

Nov 2012
lol how the hell did Reinhard's hair grow that fast? It looked like it was getting longer gradually, but suddenly it got super long. I looked at the timeframe that passed since the first episode of the 3rd season and its only a few months at best xD Well I'll think of it more as his hair was growing gradually through the series and we naturally arrived at this point lol

Anyway, good episode. At the end of the episode it said El Falcile broke away from Empire so I'm guessing that's part of the plan Yang decided on.

I loved how everyone ganged up on Oberstein . He's pretty much in everyone's doghouse now and he regularly pisses off Reinhard as well.

Interesting looks like Ruental's ambitions have burned down a bit, maybe hes just focusing on getting Oberstein out of the way first lol I like how Reuental and Mittenmeyer have special colored capes of blue and red that's cool and funny at the same time. Just makes it so obvious they're both essentially the #2 under Reinhard.

Wow Reinhard let miss marindorf be the governor of Odin if I remember correctly? I don't know when excatly most of them are moving to Phezzan but hopefully Reinhard will at least still be on Odin when Julllian arrives to makes it more interesting :p

I'm still pissed off at the Rosenritter sub captain dude for leaving Lennenkampt in a cell alone nevermind the rope he could have found whatever ways he could to kill himself left to his own devices. Just idiotic the wouldn't even have a guard actually watching his ass the whole time. That complicates Yang's situation to high hell if he can't given Lennenkampt back to the empire at the very least gonna piss them off and make them hella suspicious

Oh and hell no , the earth church no ways is done. Remember we still have that previous leader of Phezzan missing and also its heavily hinted at that the leader of the earth church escaped as well. And who is to say all of their followers happened to be in that one single hideout in the himilayas?

Prev episode I would have liked to see more of earth 1000 years in the future but oh well!
midnightbladeOct 15, 2015 1:58 AM
Apr 14, 2016 5:41 AM

Jan 2014
Aaah, Reinhard's hair!~~ so beautiful *-*
Jun 19, 2016 3:25 PM

Aug 2014
Ah so the long hair finally makes its debut...I prefer Reinhard's old look tbh.

Gotta love the fact that Yang is racking his brain, thinking of a plan, his subordinates are talking mad shit behind his back xD
Sep 5, 2017 1:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Reinhard empire is in dangerous, and the "cancer" is inside the empire, and one of his "man"!!!! :/
Feb 15, 2018 7:56 AM

May 2016
This was such great paced episode we got info on all sides except Phezzan and the church.
Reinhard looks pretty cool with that hair but the short one was better.
May 13, 2018 1:42 PM
Apr 2018
The meeting scene was intense and Reuenthal was seeing red! Oberstein better tread carefully. He's going to try and find evidence that Reuenthal is plotting so Oscar had better be careful and not say anything out loud. For now he's not planning anything, but I don't think Reuenthal has truly given up his dreams yet.

Yang is kind of screwed. The moment the Empire learn Lennenkampf is dead they might not take it easy on him. Funny hoe even people in the Empire wrongly think Yang is innocent.

And so the capital moves to Phezzan and El Facil of all places declared independence. Crazy.

Also Reinhard's hair is stupid.
JohnWooMay 13, 2018 6:07 PM
Oct 9, 2018 6:36 PM
Apr 2018
Uhm, so now it'll be a stalemate between El Facil and the Empire. I wonder who is running that planet...

All the Empire admirals are discussing about Lennenkampt even though he is dead haha; they won't be happy when they find out the truth.
Nov 6, 2018 10:14 PM

Feb 2017
Really interested to see how Julian's view of the Empire will change once he sees Odin and their nation in its natural state.
Nov 14, 2019 2:05 AM

Oct 2012
Seems like everyone misinterpreting Yang's thinking with sleeping

This is truly the calm before storm, I can see lot of players appearing from somewhere really close

Looks like El Facil is back being in the main rooster xD
"Signature removed"
Dec 8, 2019 1:37 AM

Apr 2016
Comments about Reinhardt's new haircut: 98%
Comments about how Reinhardt's elite discussing without knowing about Lennenkaft's death: 0% xD

It was the most intriguing part. How will they act when they discover that Lennenkaft is not alive?
Dec 30, 2019 5:29 AM

Nov 2016
Reinhard's fabulous hair xD

A lot was going on, especially how the higher ups from the Neue Reich want to deal with Yang got me interested. A conflict between Reunental/Mittermeyer and Oberstein seems more likely than ever.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 10, 2020 10:52 PM
Jun 2017
Daring move from our Grey Eminence von Oberstein. He is truly making more burdens for himself, and if he handles the situation incorrectly, he could very much end up like Beria.

Anyway, I was somewhat dissatisfied by the meeting. Indeed there was wrong done to Admiral Yang by Commissioner Lennenkampt, but were they really so eager to look over the fact that Yang and his crew kidnapped both the Prime Minister and the Imperial Commissioner? It could have been reasonable as long as Yang was still under arrest, but the moment he regained his freedom he was commiting something that couldn't be called less than a crime. Also, him boarding a battle cruiser isn't something directly violating the Treaty of Barlat?

The actions of Yang, his crew and the Rosenritter, no matter the actions that led to them, deserve no less than the capital punishment. After all, this fight that Yang is putting up is totally unreasonable. As a soldier, he is expected to give his life for his country, but when he is demanded to do so, everyone jumps out and goes berserk. Also, even if he wasn't found guilty by a court of law (or a court-martial), he did still commit the acts he is accused of, by organizing a rebellious group with the only aim of eliminating the Lohengramm rule over the Alliance (and even possibly restoring the Goldenbaum Dynasty in power).

I hardly find any reasonable stance as to how would you defend Admiral Yang Wenli at this point of the story. He is no different than the National Salvation Committee, and by fighting an unreasonable fight to the death for his now hollow principles, he is hardly different than the Earth Cult (aside from the brainwashing and assassination attempts, obviously).

All in all, this episode has only made me increase my love for Oberstein. He is truly the best statesman in this series, and his plans would finally consolidate Reinhardt's rule over the galaxy, but no one seems to comprehend this genius. That also makes me feel worried for him, as he is standing on pillars of sand in the government. Oberstein himself warned Reinhard about creating friction among his men, and his current steps are very dangerous for him. I cannot think of how could Oberstein destroy the Dynasty he worked so hard to establish, if it doesn't, in words of Talleyrand, betray itself first.

On a final note, I'm very interested in that affair of the El Facile independence. President Yang, anyone?
Also, mein Kaiser has got a very beautiful hair.
PaulotronatorDec 20, 2020 10:51 PM
Dec 20, 2020 4:21 AM

Dec 2020
So Julian and his ensemble are going to check out the Imperial capital. Cool. It'll be interesting for an important part of the Alliance resistance folks to get a good look on the supposed improvements the Lohengramm Dynasty has brought to the people. I see lots of comments talking about how Yang's lost his way by planning to go to war against the Empire when Reinhard's been so widely regarded as a fair, good and popular Kaiser, but I feel like they miss the mark: Yang's an extremely resolute, albeit sometimes reluctant, defender of democracy. He's gone so far as to state the worst, most corrupt democracy is still preferrable to the best, most virtuous autocracy. It's clearly a matter of principle, rather than actuality, to him. This is also one of the main reasons he hasn't at all considered becoming a political leader either; the other being how he's constantly saying he has no interest in power, leaving a mark in history, etc - which is why it's baffling to me that he's taken the role of leading the resistance movement so readily. Makes me wish we had more introspective moments of psychological insight into characters like him. Either way, being that Julian's input is highly valued by him, I'm looking forward to seeing the effects a possibly positive feedback from him regarding Reinhard's policies might have on Yang's chronically unenthusiastic resolution to be a millitary leader, especially now that his only previous motivation - being a "salaryman" - is no longer part of the picture.

Mittermeyer and Reuenthal looking sharp as hell in those capes. Nice. I have to side with Mittermeyer when it comes to Oberstein - I still haven't been able to understand what his exact angle is thus far, and I can't help but hate him for having caused that final disagreement between Reinhard and Kircheis. I genuinely love Mittermeyer though: he's the definition of wholesome. For sure he's the one I'd like to see take Reinhard's place if it ever comes to that, though hopefully it won't. As for Reuenthal and his troubled soul, both remain ambiguously concerning - good for him. Can't wait to see what, if anything, comes of his vague ambitions.

Wonder if I'll ever not have my heart shred to pieces every time Reinhard clutches his pendant or envisions Kircheis. That shit hurts.

Schenkopp, Attenborough and Cazellnu seem awfully cheery given the circumstances. Though Schenkopp used to seem like the only one able to intelectually challege Yang (e.g. positing the scenario in which the people wish for a dictatorship), his superficial grasp on the situation is kind of annoying now. Dusty I get - he's always been like that and it's good comic relief. Luckily or not, it seems like things are about to get serious soon enough.
albertobalsalmDec 20, 2020 1:34 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 25, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.