Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 5, 2010 11:58 AM

Mar 2010
Great episode..Too bad he didn't perform..But he found his sister..Although, this was a bit too obvious.
But, i do have one problem..These past episodes weren't exactly what i expected.I mean after Sakuragi died, they focused on the lives of these 6 and each one individually.That was okay, if we assumed that it would be brief.But it's taking a bit too long.I am interested to see what happens to everyone but i think it is dragging.Perhaps they could show only one episode for each one.It doesn't really feel like Rainbow any more..The story is getting a bit predictable and cliched.Like a melodrama.It is nice to watch but at the same time it isn't as exciting, breathtaking and intense as the first episodes..I think it would be better if they had stopped at episode 14..That way the series would have much more impact..Right now i feel like i'm watching a different anime.
Anyway, let's see how it continues..
Nov 16, 2010 8:25 PM

Jul 2008
Mario Falcon punch + Cabbage Chair + chicken shit manager w/ gun = AWESOME COooMBO
Dec 19, 2010 5:34 AM

Feb 2010
Life kicks them in the face. Cue manly tears and brotherhood. Rinse and repeat for the next episode.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.
Dec 23, 2010 2:46 PM

May 2008
AironicallyHuman said:
Joe's arc left me feeling unsatisfied for one reason: he never looked for his sister after getting out of prison. When he was in prison, he did everything in his power - including escaping - to save her. But, after getting released from prison, he focused on his own career instead of tracking her down by going back to the orphanage - waiting for her to come to him. So, in effect, he was happy to - for all he knew - leave her in a basement to be raped daily until he made it big. Not a great big brother, all in all.

Well, as i understood it, she always wished for him to become a great singer. After they escaped from prison he set his mind on reaching her through his music and he was trying so hard in his career for that exact reason.

AironicallyHuman said:
Because of his, it irked me a lot that his sister was shown smiling 24/7; as if nothing had happened in-between their last meeting and the present. The last we saw of her before she was adopted, she was being taken away by some evil rapist guy to be sexually abused... yet, after suffering trauma like that from a young age, she wasn't disturbed and was happy to be with her big brother again? Riiiight.

You really think she was smiling? She had those exact same eyes like when she was adopted by that evil rapist - lifeless eyes that showed she just accepted whatever came her way. And besides, i saw it as a very mature attitude. I mean, she knew that Joe was being forced to have sex with that hag from the orphanage-thing and she knew perfectly well that that evil rapist was.. well, going to rape her. So when she told Joe she wouldn't go with him, she knew what kind of life to expect.
Jul 20, 2011 7:15 AM
Jun 2010
such an awesome episode, and anime... 10/10 doesnt even get near as how good this is, deserves probably 20/10!!! Beats any anime ive seen so far, emotional and really good!

i loved how when mario punches the guy, then cabbage smashes his head with the chair. FRIKKIN AWESOME!
Dec 1, 2011 9:30 AM

Oct 2007
They should ambush the manager and give her a good beating, first raping him, than letting him fall because of her own agressive attitude earlier on.
^_^ ^_^
Mar 1, 2012 7:17 PM

Jan 2009
NyaNa said:
The part when Joe was sing was so predictable. I knew Meg was gonna pop up.

predictable yet good/...
Mar 23, 2012 10:14 PM
Feb 2011
Best Ep of the whole show so far. I have been waiting to see if Joe got reunited with his sister from Ep 2. I'm not sure if any Ep can top this one. So far the only one to bring me to tears.
Jun 4, 2012 10:09 AM

Nov 2011
Jul 11, 2012 2:11 PM

Mar 2010
it was a great episode i dont get why people are mad
the prison arc ended like 5 episodes ago get over it...
Mar 3, 2013 1:50 PM

Sep 2011
Amazing episode... I'm so happy he was able to see his sister again! Loved this arc so much. ;-;

Episodes 2 and 19 will forever be my favorites. <3
Mar 9, 2013 8:48 PM

Jul 2012
NotSoEpicMuffinz said:
Ugh.. shows going to go arc to arc about every character now.. That completely ruins this show..

It ruins everything that made it good for me.. You know the whole plotline thing ? ya..
bwahahachick said:
Yeah, it's pretty clear that each character arc is going to be like Joe's -- overly dramatic, dramatic scenes, sappy drama, oh and some drama.

So inventive.
AironicallyHuman said:
I still like Rainbow a lot but it's lost its luster since Sakuragi and Ishihara went out of the picture, and the end of Mario and Joe's respective stories hasn't helped matters.
AironicallyHuman said:
It doesn't really feel like Rainbow any more..The story is getting a bit predictable and cliched.Like a melodrama.It is nice to watch but at the same time it isn't as exciting, breathtaking and intense as the first episodes..I think it would be better if they had stopped at episode 14..That way the series would have much more impact..Right now i feel like i'm watching a different anime.

Agreed, the show may have well ended after they met at the tree again. Not really enjoying the direction Rainbow is going in now and it does feel like I'm watching something different too.

Should've continued building the story around another plot/conflict (ie. Sasaki running for mayor). It would've been more compelling than watching each characters' attempt at their dream in two episodes.
Mar 13, 2013 10:41 AM

May 2011
It took some time for me to accept that the story was moving on, and I didn't really enjoy the romance between Mario/Setsuko, BUT... it's safe to say Rainbow is back in all it's glory with Joe's arc.

Excellent fight/saving scene with Mario/Cabbage, and when KATAKURA KOJUURO (Fukugumi guy) arrived at the scene, I knew shit was getting RESOLVED.

The events leading up to, and after the siblings' reunion was well-directed, and the music like always is a tear-jerker.

An-chan...

This is definitely up there with one of the best anime I've ever watched. Looking forward to the ending now.
Mar 30, 2013 10:13 AM
Aug 2007
Man, that woman manager was so unappreciative. These people just saved you, and if it hadn't been for those stupid Five Lemons people, he'd have made it just in time for his performance. He literally did nothing wrong apart from rely on his disciplinary school friends.

Anyway, I'm glad that the sibling were reunited. I was hoping for a more emotional meeting though.. like if Joe had ran up the stairs and hugged her as soon as she showed up...
Apr 5, 2013 2:09 PM
Aug 2011
RAGEEE that Joe just slept with that old hag and then she kicks him to the curb.
Not like I wanted him to stay by her but she didn't help him at all.

Shinryuken said:
it was a great episode i dont get why people are mad
the prison arc ended like 5 episodes ago get over it...

If it ended 5 episodes ago then why are we seeing the same shit happen over and over again huh?
Apr 24, 2013 10:30 AM
Feb 2011
Ugh this show keeps introducing random assholes to stir things up and I keep asking myself why the hell they care so much. Like god damn that Lemons manager. "Yeah lets get revenge on some shitty ass kid who tuned our guitars for us... BECAUSE WE CAN. Nah you guys I don't care about Five Lemons anymore, the band I've supposedly been manager of for a while. I just REALLY wanna kill this Joe kid for some reason! AHAHAHAHAHA!!" Of COURSE he's drawn to look completely and utterly evil, and does what he does apparently for no reason because "he's just that evil". Just like EVERY OTHER ANTAGONIST in this show.

I mean christ. I GET it. All these haters just can't get in the way of true broship. You made your point on episode 14 and yet you keep going Rainbow. Why.

Oh right. Because it creates pointless drama. Of course. Pedo-manager lady suddenly doesn't give a shit about Joe? Well why not.

Predictable, yeah. Of course his sister would hang around if there was a possibility she'd see her brother again.

I'm thinking 7/10 right now but it could definitely drop lower.
002173Apr 24, 2013 10:36 AM
Jul 1, 2013 9:33 PM

Jan 2013
God, with all this bitching I'm amazed this anime has an 8.56 rating.
I guess people who post in the forums are way more critical than the average.

Anyways great episode.
Aug 2, 2013 3:36 PM

Jan 2011
well this was the only thing i was lokking forward since the prison arc ended an it was pretty good, still 7 eps left
Aug 10, 2013 2:59 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
RediceRyan said:

Isn't it always like this? I was surprised to find all these criticisms in the episode discussions when I saw a lot of praise in the reviews and of course the high score too. Kind of reminds me of GC, so much negative comments that I thought the rating would be a 6 or 7 or something but it's still 7.85. Well I do understand and agree with some of the criticisms here, but there are some others that are mainly due to difference in taste/preference of how the story will go down.

Anyways, I enjoyed this episode, and it made me tear up. Joe lost something, but at the same time, found something else. I'm glad that he and Megu are back together, even though he lost his chance to become a singer. Still, I like how he's not going to give up. I had thought that Mario and co. wouldn't have gotten there fast enough, but I guess I should've thought of the possibility of Shigeo bumping into Mario on the streets (how coincidental :P)
Oct 16, 2013 10:09 AM

Jan 2013
cub said:
NotSoEpicMuffinz said:
Ugh.. shows going to go arc to arc about every character now.. That completely ruins this show..

It ruins everything that made it good for me.. You know the whole plotline thing ? ya..
bwahahachick said:
Yeah, it's pretty clear that each character arc is going to be like Joe's -- overly dramatic, dramatic scenes, sappy drama, oh and some drama.

So inventive.
AironicallyHuman said:
I still like Rainbow a lot but it's lost its luster since Sakuragi and Ishihara went out of the picture, and the end of Mario and Joe's respective stories hasn't helped matters.
AironicallyHuman said:
It doesn't really feel like Rainbow any more..The story is getting a bit predictable and cliched.Like a melodrama.It is nice to watch but at the same time it isn't as exciting, breathtaking and intense as the first episodes..I think it would be better if they had stopped at episode 14..That way the series would have much more impact..Right now i feel like i'm watching a different anime.

Agreed, the show may have well ended after they met at the tree again. Not really enjoying the direction Rainbow is going in now and it does feel like I'm watching something different too.

Should've continued building the story around another plot/conflict (ie. Sasaki running for mayor). It would've been more compelling than watching each characters' attempt at their dream in two episodes.
ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID? The whole damn anime was about each character fulfilling their dream after leaving the "hell" of disciplinary school.
tingy said:
RediceRyan said:

Isn't it always like this? I was surprised to find all these criticisms in the episode discussions when I saw a lot of praise in the reviews and of course the high score too. Kind of reminds me of GC, so much negative comments that I thought the rating would be a 6 or 7 or something but it's still 7.85. Well I do understand and agree with some of the criticisms here, but there are some others that are mainly due to difference in taste/preference of how the story will go down.

Anyways, I enjoyed this episode, and it made me tear up. Joe lost something, but at the same time, found something else. I'm glad that he and Megu are back together, even though he lost his chance to become a singer. Still, I like how he's not going to give up. I had thought that Mario and co. wouldn't have gotten there fast enough, but I guess I should've thought of the possibility of Shigeo bumping into Mario on the streets (how coincidental :P)
Criticism will always be louder than praise.
Oct 30, 2013 1:46 AM

Sep 2013
That asshole totally deserved the chair slam.

I take back what I said on the last episode discussion page, that lady is a bitch.

I'm happy Joe is finally reunited with his sister.

Cabbage is the star next episode :D
Dec 27, 2013 1:36 AM
Jul 2013
That's all i wanted to see. Satisfying conclusion for Joe's arc, at first i didn't believe that the siblings won't meet but i had my doubts since how the anime defied my expectations previously by killing off sakuragi and sending away setsuko so some cannon fodder. I swear this anime is impossible to predict
Jan 25, 2014 10:21 PM

Mar 2012
Dat punch and chair slam combo.
Jan 26, 2014 1:14 PM

May 2013
I'm glad that Joe and his sister got a happy ending ^_^
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Feb 13, 2014 3:28 PM

Aug 2013
Wow this episode was amazing! I cried when Joe's sister was watching him singing. Turtle is a very good friend :)

5/5.
Mar 7, 2014 7:58 PM

Oct 2008
The manager character is so awful it almost entirely ruins the show. She behaves as if Joe missing his performance was his fault. The guy was fucking taking hostage, brutally beaten and held at gunpoint! The guy does so much for you and is successful and she follows him all the way to the fucking place to just tell him he's trash and that it's over for him? What fucking kinda logic is that? Tell the cops what happened, make it a fucking news story that a rival band kidnapped the singer of another band and that is why he missed out on the show. I think that would be the most rational way to deal with the situation. What bizarro world does this story take place in where that sort of story and excuse will not get you out of the predicament of missing a show? That is such a gigantic flaw and a horrible way to end what was overall a really enjoyable arc. If there is one thing this show does terribly it's develop realistic antagonists. Every sing one is cruel, heartless and illogical.
Apr 18, 2014 12:40 AM

Aug 2013
I love Joe's voice, it's beautiful :3
Apr 26, 2014 12:37 PM

Jun 2011
Eh, drama was kind of forced, and the bitchwhore just ditch Joe like that? Joe could have still earned some money for her, meh. At least he has a happy ending with Meg, hope that last.

Ferolex said:
I love Joe's voice, it's beautiful :3

+1 Love his singing voice.
ToG25thBaamApr 26, 2014 1:06 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 5, 2014 3:34 PM

May 2012
Epic episode, I'm really glad they managed to reunite! It was really beautiful to see Meg appear, it was really a total victory moment! Really lovely short but great arc! Let's see what's next!
Sep 2, 2014 7:01 AM

Jul 2014
Joe's singing voice is really beautiful! Anyone could tell me the title of the song he performed? Or is it just fictional?

On the other hand, Cabbage's arc is rather meh. I'm not really fond of his character, but maybe I'm biased because I like Joe second after Sakuragi :)
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Nov 6, 2014 11:31 PM

Nov 2010
NyaNa said:
The part when Joe was sing was so predictable. I knew Meg was gonna pop up.

Even with that, i had tears in my eyes.

Great episode.
Nov 27, 2014 6:39 PM

Jun 2014
Turtle you are so cool, other than your face.

Dec 18, 2014 2:22 AM

Oct 2014
PANDEMlC said:
The manager character is so awful it almost entirely ruins the show. She behaves as if Joe missing his performance was his fault. The guy was fucking taking hostage, brutally beaten and held at gunpoint! The guy does so much for you and is successful and she follows him all the way to the fucking place to just tell him he's trash and that it's over for him? What fucking kinda logic is that? Tell the cops what happened, make it a fucking news story that a rival band kidnapped the singer of another band and that is why he missed out on the show. I think that would be the most rational way to deal with the situation. What bizarro world does this story take place in where that sort of story and excuse will not get you out of the predicament of missing a show? That is such a gigantic flaw and a horrible way to end what was overall a really enjoyable arc. If there is one thing this show does terribly it's develop realistic antagonists. Every single one is cruel, heartless, and illogical.

Yeah, pretty much this. That face-heel turn was ridiculous. I mean, she definitely was a bad person, but there was some character development going on. She and that piano guy were trying to defend Joe from those band thugs at gunpoint, just so Joe could have a chance to sing. But when he miraculously couldn't make it, everything is thrown out the window. She even calls him trash, it's somehow all his fault, and yadda yadda.

The problem I have with this show is that the drama feels forced and unrealistic. There's just so many asshole characters that either want to rape, beat the shit outta the main cast, or call them trash that it's ridiculous. Even when there's a character that is a good person (outside the main cast) or has a chance to redeem themselves, they or their character development is quickly swept under the rug to make way for the drama-creating assholes. Like that piano guy who took a bullet—are we going to see him again and get closure, or are we just ignore him and his son because the old lady and her yakuza gang had a face-heel turn?

I mean, I thought the Joe stuff with his sister at the end was fine, but the things that happened before were just lame and turned me off all together.
Feb 17, 2015 1:38 AM

Nov 2013
Looks like Joe's arc is over. So I'm assuming the rest of this anime is just going to be about resolving each character's troubles and issues? I'm a little disappointed honestly as the first half was a hell of a lot cooler and this anime has not deserved an 8.63 from what I've seen so far.

I fucking hated that bitch of a manager. She makes Joe have sex with her just to get him a spot in a band then she completely and utterly betrays him when Joe misses his performance because he was BRUTALLY BEATEN AND HELD AT GUNPOINT! She went from being okay to a complete asshole.

When Turtle told Joe to sing for them, I had a feeling that Meg would run into Joe.

Joe's singing voice his beautiful. ♥

Decent episode. I hope the other arcs are more interesting.

7/10

I feel like people are being way too harsh towards this anime. If you really don't like the direction Rainbow has taken, just drop the fucking thing and save yourself some time, go watch something else, and quit trying to avoid dropping anime so you can brag. You are only wasting your own time. I honestly don't like how the anime is currently running around like a chicken with its head cut off but I'm hoping it will soon meet my expectations.
FunnyRatmanFeb 17, 2015 1:49 AM

Mar 28, 2015 3:08 AM

Nov 2014
That was sweet, I waited for the brothers meeting for so long. I am also glad that Joe is not attached to that manager any more.
Mar 31, 2015 6:31 PM

Jul 2012
Episode title was a spoiler. Lamee.

The Five Lemons? Who the hell came up with that name anyways LOL. And did she really leave Joe after he potentially saved her life? Half the people in this series make me sick.

I'm glad Joe and his sister are finally reunited :) I was looking forward to this ever since the beginning of the series!
Apr 30, 2015 2:33 AM

Jan 2015
This was a very bittersweet episode. I was very glad to see Joe finally meet her sister.
Jun 8, 2015 5:54 AM
May 2012
Tomorrow's Joe. I wonder if his seiyuu is the one who do the singing, too.
So, what happened to that pedophile who adopted Meg??
Oct 20, 2015 5:22 PM

Aug 2014
This episode along with episode 8 are the best in the whole anime , it had good emotions , and i loved the fighting scene so much , Mario is a cool badass now .
Jan 17, 2016 7:33 PM

Jan 2010
just perfect...i shed a tear when they finally reunited...
This anime is just perfect. it's already a 10/10 for me, and i rarely give 10 to shows..

5/5 for the episode
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Feb 15, 2016 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
Really loved the combo attack between Mario and Cabbage. I have to say that manager lady came out of left field abandoning Joe like that , felt unnecessary given she knew why he was late and that she was saved because of Joe and his friends. This show can be frustrating sometimes with how the characters act unnatural for the sake of drama.
Mar 21, 2016 2:35 PM

May 2014
When Joe was singing, I kept telling myself not to cry. Then fucking Meg turned up and I burst into tears.
May 8, 2016 10:09 PM

Aug 2015
Joe and Meg give me Johan and Anna feels.
Jun 4, 2016 5:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Will Get Joe out of this situation?

--
¿Conseguirá Joe salir de esta situación?
Nov 17, 2016 11:58 PM

Oct 2016
Dem ninjas cutting onions again..
Jan 24, 2017 2:03 PM

Feb 2013
Joe and his sister are reunited!
Feb 13, 2017 11:33 AM

May 2016
Great episode So the miracle happened, glad to see them back together, can't wait to see Cabbage's arc despite the sorrow in this anime it sure will have some funny moments.
Mar 5, 2017 6:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
At least hew got to see his sister again.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 16, 2017 11:55 PM

Sep 2015
That woman manager was a pretty negative when she really started all of that getting the five lemon manager all triggered. But Im glad that Joe got to see his sister again and even introduce her to Sakuragi ;-;
Jul 28, 2017 8:17 PM

Jun 2016
Her sister looks like Anna Liebert from Monster.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 11, 2010

132 by phantom346 »»
Apr 24, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - May 5, 2010

151 by phantom346 »»
Apr 24, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DrRoboto - Jul 20, 2010

79 by Gabi15 »»
Apr 19, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shanimebib - Jun 22, 2010

182 by AnimeDownUnder »»
Mar 22, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Florete - Sep 28, 2010

220 by prozyne »»
Mar 6, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.