Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2010 1:29 PM

May 2009
Yeah Celty! Finally :D
Jun 25, 2010 1:30 PM

Aug 2009
Bleh to people who don't like happy-go-lucky endings.

-Yes Shizuo. Stand in the street and tear a car in half like a badass and then hit them directly in the car. Why can't you be in the show more?

-Look, I may be weird but the body is right so Celty in a hot outfit=win.

-Well outside of no real conclustion to RyuuXAnri and Simon punching Shizuo in the face (hell yeah!), the ending went pretty much the way I expected it to. And that's fine. DRRR! was a great fun series that was the constant apex of my Saturday afternoon every week. I liked just about every character and had a great time. It's amazing how Brain's Base is able to create such quality shows. They're like the Pixar of anime. You see their name and you're like "Yeah! I'm getting quality work!" I will truly miss Durarara and I hope it comes back.

-Given the way certain plot threads weren't finished, hints of the next arc were dropped, stellar DVD and book sales and my own personal psychic powers, I think we'll be in for a season 2. But adapt Vamp! at some point Brains Base.

(I liked Togusas drop kick in the background :D)
Jun 25, 2010 1:33 PM

Jun 2009
Subs are out on: http://www.horriblesubs.org/ - Downloading now.

EDIT: Great ending to what was a decent series overall. Baccano! is still Brains Base's best series but Durarara!! is up there. The ending seemed to be left open so there may be a second season.
loghneckbeardJun 25, 2010 2:55 PM
Jun 25, 2010 1:36 PM

Aug 2009
That was brilliant.

I liked the ending. It was happy.
But it could've been better. They could've solved celty's head problem too. Plot's left there. Then Shinra's dad doesn't appear again. And again, too less shizuo. Oh well, it was a fitting ending for the arc they'd animated.

I'm so happy for the trio, especially Kida.
TOO LESS SHIZUO but he was amazing as always. HAHA, the whole frikkin sign post. xD
Yes! For that punch Simon <3 threw on Izaya! Well, too bad he wasn't hospitalized but anything's better than nothing.

It wasn't a let down.
Hoping for a second season.
k0k0Jun 25, 2010 1:39 PM
Jun 25, 2010 1:38 PM

Mar 2008
I don't mind happy-go-lucky endings..but Dura's in particular just didn't sit well with me. A season 2 would be good though to see the potential I thought I was getting here~
Jun 25, 2010 1:39 PM
Mar 2009
Not the ending I was expecting, but I just hope there will be more.
Jun 25, 2010 1:39 PM

Dec 2008
A good episode but in comparison to the rest of the season it was lackluster. The show started out incredible and has slowly been losing my attention over the past weeks, this might be my least favorite show that I give a 10 but i dont think a 9 would do justice to how much I was enjoying this series.

This needs a 2nd season.
Jun 25, 2010 1:42 PM

Aug 2008
Damn this was awesome, I'm gonna miss this series. Loved it when Kida punched that Horadora bastard in the face. Yellow Scarves just got owned by the yellow scarves. Shizuo impresses me yet again. Dammit I was hoping that Anri would cut that bastard Izaya.

Thank the heavens for Simon giving Izaya his just deserts! Ah, I love happy endings. This series gets a 9/10!

Jun 25, 2010 1:45 PM

Dec 2009
I am trying to seduce you.
x3 didn't expect that
so many things left out and unclear but still good. :]
Jun 25, 2010 1:45 PM
Jun 25, 2010 1:47 PM

Oct 2008
Happy endings are a good thing , but . . I didn't expect it from drrr . So i'm kinda disappointed . . Not a big problem though
Jun 25, 2010 1:49 PM

Nov 2007
I don't know, I thought the whole second half of the series was pretty meh. And I can't help but feel like it tried too hard to be 'cool', without succeeding. So even though I liked it, I'm a tad disappointed overall. Guess I'll give it a strong 7 for now.
Jun 25, 2010 1:50 PM

Jul 2008
I really really liked this series.

I am going to give it a 9/10, just because of some things that I felt were loose ends or not explained clearly. Like Celty never getting her head back, never getting any further interaction with the new scary cop or Shinra's father. I felt that they were going to be more important but they just faded away after one episode. There is other stuff too that is just not coming to mind....
Jun 25, 2010 1:54 PM

Feb 2009
Brilliant ending.Seriously,I don't understand all the complaints.A happy-ending fits this story very well with it's whole themes about normality and the beauty of the unchangeable.And about Celty's head,I don't think she will get it back.She doesn't want it back.In the first arc this is explored more.She doesn't need her memories back because ''she is there'',she has the proof of her existence and togheter with Shinra she can ''make'' new beautiful memories.Brilliant ending,brilliant anime.10/10
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Jun 25, 2010 1:58 PM

Dec 2008
A BOMBTASTIC ending! Dotachin and Shizu-chan, I'll love you forever! And Simon...thanks! LOL!! Plenty of room left for a season 2 or quite a few OVAs!
Jun 25, 2010 2:06 PM

Dec 2007
It's really hard to believe that the same author who did Baccano! also wrote Durarara!!

I mean, there is no climax in DRRR. I was expecting there to be a huge three-way battle (not this episode of course, but that's the direction I wanted this long and boring arc to take), and I was let down immensely.

Baccano!! was edgy and brilliant. DRRR!! is mundane and predictable.

At least it's over though, so hopefully Brains Base can get back to the Denpa Teki na Kanojo OVAs and a more interesting TV series.

6/10
Jun 25, 2010 2:07 PM

Jul 2009
I really don't get the series at all. The first half was so entertaining, fresh, vibrant, but the second half was just so bad it really stains my opinion of the show. It turned so generic, predictable, bland, and cheesy. The ending especially, I had to force my way through all the cheese.

Final score: 7, C. Average.
Jun 25, 2010 2:10 PM

Aug 2009
It was a little bit of an anti climax but I loved it anyway. I would really love a season 2, I wanna know what going to become of the head!
Jun 25, 2010 2:11 PM

Dec 2009
Second season now.
Jun 25, 2010 2:28 PM

Jul 2009
First half was good. But, the rest of it was very boring :x
Still want a second season though
Jun 25, 2010 2:29 PM

Sep 2009
This was a really disappointing finale. Hell, the last third of the series felt pretty uninspired compared to the first two, especially the second, but I wouldn't have minded massively if it had at least ended well. Instead, I feel like it just abandoned the direction it had as soon as Anri pulled out the sword, and never returned to it. The thing that bugs me the most here is that I thought this show was about Celty searching for her head. What the fuck happened to that? I feel like this has seriously been left hanging because of a massive plot tumour in the form of a gang war.

The specials sure as hell better wrap this up. In the meantime, i'm bumping this down to an 8.
Jun 25, 2010 2:30 PM

May 2009
So it ended. The end was kinda forced, but it wasn't bad.

"People are mine. But you can keep Shizuo." <-- that was another priceless quote by Izaya.

All in all, it was an average anime, more good than bad, but the novels are much better.
Jun 25, 2010 2:31 PM

Jun 2010
I just adored these series : awesome characters, original storyline and good art.
Whaaah, I'm gonna miss Durarara!! Hope for a season 2.
Jun 25, 2010 2:31 PM

Nov 2007
That wasn`t satisfactory ending :<
Maybe in time there will be season 2 or at least an OVA however if I judge from Baccano, just an OVA wont be enough.
Jun 25, 2010 2:47 PM

Apr 2010
One of the best shows I've ever seen. I wish it didn't have to end.
Jun 25, 2010 2:51 PM
Dec 2007
The episode was quite satisfying, but also really dissapointing at the same time, since the developments suddenly stopped and the script was really anti-climactic. Almost nothing was resolved in the end and the finale seemed really average and unsatisfying to me. I guess the good things were left for the epilogue that will be released in February 2011. And that's a long time.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 25, 2010 2:58 PM
Jun 2009
Alot of people here just don't realize, it's not over. This is just the first arc of the novels. About book 3 or so, and there's 8 books in total so far. We're lucky the anime left an opening for continuation as the novel goes on and didn't do that original shit Kuroshitsuji decided to do.

So don't go hating the anime for doing what all good anime based on another still-ongoing work should do, follow the original work and leave an open window of opportunity.
Jun 25, 2010 3:11 PM

Oct 2008
Not much of a series ending, more like the ending of a major arc. Obviously there's still much to cover like Celty's head. I'm glad Masaomi and Saki were able to resolve their problems together. Izaya definetly got what he deserved. (Well maybe less than what he deserved.) Love Namie's remark. Celty and Shizuo, of course, were incredible. I'm glad things ended in a happy manner, well more like almost back to normal.

This isn't exactly the best anime ever, but it is an extremely enjoyable one with it's huge cast of lovable characters. And if a second season is green-lit, I'll definetly be looking forward to it.
Jun 25, 2010 3:13 PM

Jul 2009
I enjoyed Durarara a lot and liked the "urban/city-feeling" you had all the time.
I hope there will be a continuation of this. The open ending allows it.

Saki x Kida ^_^

Jun 25, 2010 3:15 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was a little soft, but that's fine with me.... a happy ending that leaves me wanting more. At least Simon popped Izaya in the eye - that was definately needed.

Season 2 please!
Jun 25, 2010 3:16 PM

Dec 2009
Damn this is truly the perfect way to end an anime ! 10/10 :) !

Sep 2008
Meddigo said:
It's really hard to believe that the same author who did Baccano! also wrote Durarara!!

I mean, there is no climax in DRRR. I was expecting there to be a huge three-way battle (not this episode of course, but that's the direction I wanted this long and boring arc to take), and I was let down immensely.

At least it's over though, so hopefully Brains Base can get back to the Denpa Teki na Kanojo OVAs and a more interesting TV series.

6/10

Baccano wasn't that great. People take it like it reinvented storytelling, but it's been overdone.

Jul 2009
Did anyone else get the feeling that Kida was more likely to end up with Mikado? Seriously? Major homo bro love between those two.
Jun 25, 2010 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
Fini :D hmm a second season COULD be made
Jun 25, 2010 3:22 PM

Dec 2007
mel said:
Meddigo said:

6/10

Baccano wasn't that great. People take it like it reinvented storytelling, but it's been overdone.

I would never expect someone with an Umi Monogatari avatar to particularly care for Baccano. The two are pretty much polar opposites.
Jun 25, 2010 3:25 PM

Jul 2008
boring ending to a promising starting anime
Jun 25, 2010 3:30 PM

Apr 2010
I wish I could read the light novels. Does the anime stay exact to it or do some of the details differ?

The ending was alright. It was probably the only DRRR episode I wasn't a fan of. The pacing was -really- slow, and the dialogue between Mikado/Masaomi/Anri was kind of cheesy. Simon, Shizuo, and Celty were great, and again I get that "WTF Izaya?", and it's not a positive one.
Regardless, I still loved the rest of the series, and am hoping for a second season to continue along with the light novel, since it isn't released in America and I don't want to read the the fansubs. There's still the conflict regarding Celty's head, and there needs to be -some- character development for Izaya and possibly some elaboration on the pharmaceutical company and Shinra's father~
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Jun 25, 2010 3:32 PM

Apr 2009
A live report as I watch :D :

So...of course Dotachin plays the Big Damn Hero role and awesomes all over the place, as always 8D Being voiced by Nakamura=instant badass boost? SEEMS LIKE IT TO ME.

I lol'd so hard at Shizuo's revenge on Horada XD
And, um, I couldn't help but be disappointed when Anri didn't kill Izaya.
But Simon's punch and his 'story' were priceless xD "-poker face- Want to know kind of a bad story? You're such a cowardly ass, it's funny. -faek laugh- -back to poker face-"

D'AWW SAKIxKIDA x3 I hope he'll be back soon. (If there's a season 2. And I'm sure there will be.)
And awww, CeltyxShinra xD Seriously, they're ridicilously cute in a very...weird...way.

Anyway, definitely worth my time, even if the first part was better than the second.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 25, 2010 3:36 PM

May 2008
The ending was alright....
Jun 25, 2010 3:55 PM

May 2009
Awesome anime...this is one im going to miss...awesome ending...Simon and his falcon punch xD...lol Kida left and Mikado and Anri are still at school,Izaya still up to no good, lol death within the yellow scarves, Celty ftw? xD

yep this anime will be missed hoping for season 2
Jun 25, 2010 4:06 PM

Aug 2009
A pretty good ending, but Durarara!! was about finding Celty looking for her head right?
She hasn't found it yet. That's probably why it didn't really feel like an ending to me.

8/10 for Durarara!!.
Jun 25, 2010 4:15 PM

May 2009
Not sure what to rate.

I really loved the first arc and I think it should've stopped there, or simply continued with Celty looking for her head.
The second half of Durarara!! with Saika and the gangs, however, didn't do it for me. It focused far too much on Kida, Mikado and Anri and the plot got a bit boring with the slow pacing. I did quite like the ending though.
Jun 25, 2010 4:34 PM

Apr 2009
If there's more to come than I hope it's better than this last arc. I like happy ending as much as the next guy, but this was anti-climatic and almost uneventful. What happened to the buildup at the start? I thought all that scheming and trolling from Izaya would result in some cool revelation, but that didn't happen.

Disappointing ending for me. Gave it a 7/10.
Jun 25, 2010 4:47 PM

Jan 2009
While downloading Angel Beats!~
Oh, yeah, Kadota~ : D
Stupid, weird, awkward background music though O.o

And Izaya's pretty lax while having a blade pointed at him~
Izaya's like.. The most awesome dude in ... Nevermind, he's on par with Simon. : D.. No, Simon's more awesome.
The most awesome characters: Simon -> Izaya -> Shizuo -> Kadota/Erika/Walker
Also, Kida×Saki, I totally approve : D
Oh and Namie's not too bad either.

And guess what? I find myself not craving a second season, funny eh?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 25, 2010 4:47 PM

Apr 2010
I NEEEEEEEEEED AAAAAAA SEECOOOND SEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASOOOOOOOON!!

I love Izaya, but he definitely needed that punch from Simon. Also, I'm finally starting to like him, even though his Russian sucks. x)

10/10 for this anime!

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jun 25, 2010 5:03 PM

Apr 2008
This was a pretty decent ending. Though it's kinda sad that Kida didn't keep hanging around Anri and Mikado... Overal DRRR! was a great series! So you won't hear me complaining, but I have seen better. In fact I know for a fact that I like Baccano better.

Hope this gets a second season. 8/10!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Jun 25, 2010 5:05 PM

Jun 2009
A nice ending...have no problem with that, wasn't all lollipops and rainbows. Just hoped that the scene with all the YS showed more fighting...or had the fight last longer.

Shizuo in the middle of the street.....brilliant!
Need a 2nd season just because of how great he is.

The first half was strong but the second half wasn't as good. Still enjoyed it though. Either way definitely enjoyed the series overall, hoping for a 2nd season.

8.5/10.....but rounding down so 8/10 for me.
Jun 25, 2010 5:08 PM

Jun 2009
Need ma specials nao.
Jun 25, 2010 5:08 PM

Aug 2009
Great ending. DRR!! was TONNES better than Baccano! imo.
Ofc, there isn't a climatic ending, there's still a lot more to go in the novels. I'm hoping that there will eventually be another season or some OVAs.

One of the few series' that I may actually end up re-watching.

And the soundtrack is one of the best so far this year, definitely!
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jun 25, 2010 5:19 PM

Dec 2009
I think I'm sure we're going to get a second season(hopefully?) I agree that the ending was a bit disappointing seeing that it all went too much happy in the end but this series has totally been one helluva ride. Most of the events though were worthwhile like that punch to Izaya(Simon's soo awesome!! ^_^) and Shizuo's javelin throw. We've only covered 3 volumes and there are 7 volumes right now. Let's give them some time. I feel like buying their products now. :3
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.