Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2015 11:47 AM

Sep 2012
What a great journey, pacing issues aside, it was really good. I hope season 2 will be a thing. Overall 7/10
Mar 24, 2015 11:48 AM

Aug 2012
Damn this show definitely pleased the female audience.

Mar 24, 2015 11:51 AM

Nov 2014
I can't believe no more episodes :'(
Zeno is so adorable, I loved him so much. Yuna's plan is great, helping as much as possible before doing anything related to the throne. And Hak, poor Hak with all his love to Yuna XD Also, I loved how he enjoyed the "dark dragon" name, to be honest it suits him perfectly :p

It was amazing series, one of the slow series which never bored me or stopped mw from looking forward to the next episode. Definitely, going to complete by reading manga I can't wait for who knows time.

9/10
Mar 24, 2015 11:57 AM
Aug 2009
24 episodes and the story LITERALLY just started. Manga readers will now, stuff really starts happening after wards. Sure the Awa arc had some action but for the most part its still part of the "gathering the gang" and "char dev" point. I can't wait till the next season and we get to see Yona really becoming the princess she could've and will become.
Mar 24, 2015 11:58 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I like how casually Zeno joined the team, breaking Kija's record. Despite the cheerfulness he displayed, it seems like he had been through some tough times before.

Hak claiming to be the Yellow Dragon and then making do with the title of Dark Dragon was hilarious! His smug face though.. XD

Jae-ha wasn't wrong at all when he implied Hak is Yandere for Yona. Too bad, she doesn't even pay it any mind.
Loved their conversation though and especially that OTP scene. They must get together by the end of the series!

Amazing show. Hopefully, S2 will be announced soon. Need to read the manga now.

Mar 24, 2015 12:01 PM

Sep 2013
Eww. Just need a second season now >//3//<
Mar 24, 2015 12:05 PM

Apr 2014
teighnted said:
I know I'm going to be re-watching this series. I absolutely loved it. Like everyone else I'm really hoping for a season 2 announcement as well. These characters are all so great. I don't want to leave them behind.
these are my feelings exactly. i'm so sad yet so grateful -- i will miss them as if they were real people. What an adaptation!

Good job, Pierrot. T_T
Mar 24, 2015 12:05 PM

May 2014
Ugh! The first and the last episodes were good enough to count as "above average". The in-between episodes from 2 to 23? Just naive and horrible.
Mar 24, 2015 12:29 PM

Mar 2014
This was probably the show I was looking forward to the most every week. Really really going to miss it! Was really dissapointed that there wasn't a s2 announcement, but I'm confident it will happen someday
Mar 24, 2015 12:37 PM

May 2010
Wow this episode was rushed.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 24, 2015 12:42 PM

May 2009
The production house should keep a tab on MAL and just LOOK AT THE HORDES OF PEOPLE WANTING A SEASON 2 ALREADY!!!!
X{

They should cater to that.

I can't believe I'm not getting Yona from next week. :( Foog.

I just love Yona x Hak moments. She gets to see him heartfully feeling pride for her. Haha. Cute. They're definitely growing close together. Ah, Soo-won, what's your objective.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Mar 24, 2015 12:45 PM

May 2009
kappasan said:
Ugh! The first and the last episodes were good enough to count as "above average". The in-between episodes from 2 to 23? Just naive and horrible.

Why naive and horrible? How would your version have been?
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Mar 24, 2015 12:46 PM

Jun 2014
Zeno is fucking amazing. I don't know who's my favorite dragon, they're all so awesome & unique.
I feel like Zeno is really smart, since he doesn't have some supernatural power like the rest. We'll see.
Hak joking about being the Yellow dragon & then that 'Dark Dragon' joke.... dead.
Then the 2nd half with Yona remembering her journey, the discussion with Hak, fucking amazing. This episode is a 5/5, the show is ending but I feel like Yona's journey is just starting & it's gonna get even better.

I loved this series, my favorite from fall 2014 hands down. I watched it randomly & I don't regret it, it got better & I didn't even mind the slow pacing. Strong 9/10.

At which chapter should I start reading the manga? I've started collecting the volumes but they only have up to volume 5 over here.

Stark700 said:

LOCKSCREEN.
Mar 24, 2015 12:55 PM

Apr 2010
The whole gang is finally together...animate the next arc already! I want to see it...I need it...ohmahgawd...*cries*
Mar 24, 2015 1:03 PM

Jun 2014
babymimi said:
At which chapter should I start reading the manga? I've started collecting the volumes but they only have up to volume 5 over here.

I would say read from 41, or 42 if you don't want to read the fanservice chapter. They put three chapters in this last episode, 42, 43, and 47, and had to skip a few things, so you may want to read those chapters in full.

Chapters 44-46 were part of the Earth tribe arc with Soo-won, so feel free to skip those.
Mar 24, 2015 1:05 PM

May 2014
Noooooooooo, and then the series is over. :((

Hhaha, the yellow dragon have to be my favorite. He reminds me of myself. LOL. I had a feeling he were a chilling dude and would join in a minute. LOlZ. But I feel that the yellow dragon have so heavy hidden power that he have hide from the others. I really look forward to see them when the next season comes.

I really loved this show. Have to be one of the best shoujo anime out there, and definitely the best of 2015. I loved the ending of it, especially the lovely scene between Hak and Yona. ^_^

But damn it's sad that the show is over. I hope the next season will come soon enough. It had a exciting ending.

Overall I will give it a 8. It really deserved that. The plot were amazing. After seeing the last ep. I must say the plot were amazing because of her determination of becoming strong. I love the fearless emotion in her. It's beautiful. Haven't seen that from many women in any anime. Her determination of becoming strong and protecting is flawless. The plot deserves 8/10 because of her determination.
Mar 24, 2015 1:06 PM

Aug 2013
Bitch, that was beautiful ;_ ;
Seriously, Yona is such a babe :3
Show her to the world! Show them fuckers how awesome she became! :D

So the Yellow Dragon appear! Like somekind of pokemon that was weird and funny. But he's hidding something, he must have a power. I do remember that during the second episode, he was protecting Yona with a shield. Maybe that what he meant by robust, that he can absorb shock easily? Maybe it's related to his torso, that would be the one of a dragon? I don't know, I'm speculating.

Anyway, I need to start reading the manga. That show was so awesome, and I just knew I would like it when it started. It gave me a strong adventure vibe, and a great potential, which I wasn't deceived.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 24, 2015 1:07 PM

Jan 2014
This was a great anime! I knew they would not end it that fast, though I am not sure i can stand the possibility that we may not see a second season D: I want to know what happens next ... please do continue soon >->

Overall i am giving this a 9/10 - The animation quality was great, the music was IMO perfect though the second OP seemed out of place. The plot has been great so far (please continue) and when you think back, Yona has really evolved and turned into a strong person. I think there were many good characters and they all seemed diverse and overall had cool designs.

They pretty much nailed it.
CandyFaceMar 24, 2015 1:11 PM
Mar 24, 2015 1:08 PM

May 2014
SalemWitch said:
No season 2 announcement? :(

sorry to disappoint but it's way to early to make that. the earliest announcement would come summer 2015, but I doubt that. Unfortunately the next announcement won't come before 2016 earliest.

That goes for the same series i had watched. For instance no game no life or black bullet that has a continuing plot haven't had any announcement to now and it has almost gone a year.

tsubasalover said:
No OP. Everyone taking a break with food and caught Shimono-san's character attention. lol @ his sudden appearance, and other three dragons noticed him. So it's really Ouryuu, who don't sense the princess, though. He immediately agreed to join because he likes traveling. He doesn't seem to have any power, though (or just hasn't awaken).

They are back to where that clumsy god guy is. Shimono-san's character suggested to fight back in serious matter while thinking about the road ahead. Though she already thought of her goal from meeting lots of people. Rokuryuu thought childhood guy doesn't want other to see the princess, but he wants other to see how strong she become.

The cousin guy also has his thought about the kingdom, and said still not done anything yet. The journey continues. One more ep. (OVA) (It was exactly just what I hoped. Ending with open ending with no 2nd season announcement.).

hahah, I didn't even notice that the shitty OP weren't included. I am glad they didn't. It really sucked. Didn't fit the series at all. That's one of the few negative thing I can think of from this series. :)

Mod edit:
Double post merged.
AversaMar 27, 2015 1:27 PM
Mar 24, 2015 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
Lol @ how the way Zeno joined the group.
Mar 24, 2015 1:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I've looked forward to this series every week. An enjoyable, down to earth watch. I hope it sells enough in Japan to merit a second season.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 24, 2015 1:23 PM

Oct 2009
I really hope there will be a 2nd season ^^
Mar 24, 2015 1:26 PM

Mar 2009
Extremely disappointed that there was no announcement of a 2nd season at the end of this episode. I'm going to really miss this show. Best shoujo I've seen in a very long time.
Mar 24, 2015 1:30 PM
May 2014
Btw, did anyone notice that Zeno must have followed them since the beginning?
He commented on what happened to them at the castle before anyone told him.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 24, 2015 1:30 PM

Jun 2010
Damn that was crack. thank God there's the manga. I really want to see how Su-Won revives the country while Yona and the crew do their thing on the inside.

pity Su-Won is still gona die though. the moment I heard him say "I cant die yet, still got ish to do" I saw death flags everywhere.

great stuff 9/10
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Mar 24, 2015 1:36 PM
Apr 2013
Season 2 please :(
Mar 24, 2015 1:37 PM

Jun 2014
dream_eater1012 said:
babymimi said:

I would say read from 41, or 42 if you don't want to read the fanservice chapter. They put three chapters in this last episode, 42, 43, and 47, and had to skip a few things, so you may want to read those chapters in full.

Chapters 44-46 were part of the Earth tribe arc with Soo-won, so feel free to skip those.

Alright, thank you!
Mar 24, 2015 1:37 PM

Nov 2014
Wow they just barely slipped in the yellow dragon. That was pretty convenient, but they had to get him in somehow. I really really hope this gets a second season. I am soooo in love with this anime, like the music was really great, and the animation was gorgeous. Also, I'm really interested in the yellow dragon, since we really only got a little sample of his personality. I'm guessing there will be a second season, where Yona and Soo-won come to blows. I wonder how the whole complicated love triangle will turn out? I mean it's pretty clear that Yona still has some residual feelings for Soo-won… WHEN WILL THE SECOND SEASON COME OUT!!! I'm so pumped for this.
Mar 24, 2015 1:41 PM

Nov 2013
Awesome anime with a good ending! I'm really expecting a second season in the future! :))

Mar 24, 2015 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
Instant yellow dragon maker: just add food!

Was Ao eating venison O_o I didn't think squirrels usually ate meat. Maybe certain squirrels do, idk.

I think I'll give this anime an 8/10. Yes, it was slow, but I really liked how the pacing allowed for some great character development (except for Zeno, obviously, but whatevs). The beginning wasn't anything too fantastic, but I'd say it steadily got better as the show went on. The music and the visuals were both great, and I really liked all of the characters. I'd definitely recommend this show to someone (lol I've actually already recommended it to a friend). They have to make a season two. Otherwise the ending would be way too open. It would be kinda like NGNL :p

Anyway Ao best character. No competition whatsoever. Beats everyone by a mile.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2015 1:45 PM

Jun 2011
9/10 because of manga sentiments I really can't hold back, no matter how hard I try. This episode gets a 10/10 from me though. Zeno's voice was very different from what I thought (in the manga I imagined him with a squeakier voice, lol, but I loved his voice. Too bad we're only going to see him this one episode... Because I guess the OVA will be about chapter 41, since they skipped that and it's hilarious enough to animate. I was absolutely THRILLED that they put that "I want to show you to everyone" scene in. It's one of my favourite Hak and Yona moments, not necessarily in the romantic meaning, more in the "two people who went through this all together" sense.
I also loved the Soo-Won and Tae-Woo scene they added. We hardly ever hear anything about Tae-Woo in the manga. I wouldn't even have known he was the Wind Tribe's leader if it wasn't for me rereading the manga a ridiculous amount of times... haha.
Mar 24, 2015 1:50 PM

Sep 2008
Stark700 said:

Second season when?
Mar 24, 2015 2:12 PM

Dec 2009
Nooo, this ended. Why they didn't announce a second season?

8/10. It was fantastic. One of the few series I was expecting to watch each week.
Mar 24, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2013
9/10 - this anime was great. The art was great. The story was great. The characters were great. The sound track was great. The pacing was great. Hak was great...etc.
Mar 24, 2015 2:14 PM

Apr 2010
Gave it a try on a whim and enjoyed the ride.
Mar 24, 2015 2:17 PM

Jun 2014
Today we say farewell to my favorite couple Yona and Hak!

The finale was very lighthearted and subtle, not what I was expecting at all! Open ending though means we may possibly get a Season 2 announcement some time!

I loved Yona's growth and all the friends she has made and surrounded herself with! Definitely one of my favorite anime from the Fall season!

Overall I gave this anime a 9/10! Keeping my fingers crossed that we get a season 2 announcement soon!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Mar 24, 2015 2:35 PM

May 2012
really great series. It definitely was a fun ride. At first I thought it was wasn't mu style, but after they started looking for the dragons it got really good. The character development was amazing. Really hoping for a second season.

8/10
Mar 24, 2015 2:43 PM

May 2014
I will miss this show =/
10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2015 2:59 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ahhh and so it ends :( so sad to see my favorite show in these last two seasons go, and without a season 2 announcement too! Like someone else said, the story really gets going after the gathering of all four dragons. I really hope the publisher decides to go for a continuation of the adaptation, it's been a really amazing one. The animation, the soundtrack, the VAs were all perfect. I want to see the sales for AnY soon so we may have something to go by at least to predict if there will be a second season or not.

Now about this episode. Yes it definitely felt a little rushed or at least abrupt becasue Zeno joining the group just like that out of nowhere lol, but hey had to skip some chapters in between. For this part, the manga paced it better. But this episode was still really fun and exciting. Fun because Zeno is so cute (although he calls everyone else cute too :P) and exciting because of what is hypothetically coming up. Zeno asking what Yona has in mind now she has gathered everyone, and also the talk between Hak and Yona, about Hak wanting to show Yona off to everyone after she's experienced so many things outside th castle--how strong she has become mentally and even somewhat physically. Hak really is an interesting male character. And of course Yona too. She wants to protect and help the people around the country first, and become stronger. It's just been really enjoyable watching her grow and learn first hand about the situation of her country. Soo-won too has always been interesting, but unfortunately the first part didn't have too much focus on him. At least people know that he's not just some evil antagonist, but there is some depth to his character. Ahh need second season because it's really where I started to love AnY so much.
Mar 24, 2015 2:59 PM

Apr 2007
Beautiful conclusion, that Hak x Yona moment <3 Though as expected Zeno's outgoing side is rather annoying -3-

I almost wasn't going to watch this show when it first started airing, but considering this is now one of my favorite series I'm very glad I did haha. And now I can look forward to re-watching it with my boyfriend soon, as he's really interested in it too :>

Hopefully there will be a second season announcement. Though we may have to wait a while as the first BD isn't out until the end of May now.
Mar 24, 2015 3:00 PM

Jun 2008
To non manga readers....
If you dont read the manga and loved the anime you honestly will loose a GREAT manga. Seriously...
Zeno's past and power.... made me cry. HE IS THE BEST. SERIOUSLY.
You loved Su-won's and Yona's meeting? Then check out Hak and Su-Won's meeting: Its 100th times more intense.
SO MANY F*CKING FEELS. The comedy, the development of supporting characters...its just mind blowing.
go read the manga guys! you wont regret it!!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 24, 2015 3:02 PM

Oct 2014
This was a great season though at times I felt annoyed with Yona's character. Otherwise, looking forward to the next season, which hopefully there will be.
Mar 24, 2015 3:20 PM

Apr 2013
Might not be the best place to end the season. Overall a really solid show
Gonna miss it so much and I hope they will make season 2
Mar 24, 2015 3:48 PM

Oct 2011
Happy and cheerful characters always have the saddest past. This is what I am getting seeing Zeno OMG T__T

Sword and Shield

AHHHHHHHHH its over NOOOOOOO
Mar 24, 2015 4:21 PM

Dec 2013
Quite boring. I hope the second season is more action-packed
Mar 24, 2015 4:25 PM
May 2014
Cedronia said:
Might not be the best place to end the season. Overall a really solid show
Gonna miss it so much and I hope they will make season 2

There's basically nowhere else to end the season. It has almost no breaks, so everywhere
else it would feel like they're even more in the middle of something than they were at this point.
Not to mention, ch 43 has the perfect (season) ending title "From this point on".

I'm surprised they got a bit of ch 47 in there (last ~15 or so pages of it).
konatachan80Mar 24, 2015 4:29 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 24, 2015 4:54 PM
Mar 2015
nice show!I love it! 9/10
Mar 24, 2015 4:58 PM

Jul 2011
No season 2 announcement at the end? If this series doesn't get one, I'm gonna flip out.
Mar 24, 2015 5:13 PM
May 2014
Anon1409 said:
Quite boring. I hope the second season is more action-packed

Well, it's shoujo.. which generally tend to have alot less action, and typically alot more
romance and, well, smut (at least in manga).
(but this doesn't contain much of either).
-- Lord fifth
Mar 24, 2015 5:24 PM

Aug 2013
The intro for the yellow dragon was pretty short but funny.

I really hope they announce a season 2 soon.
My Candies:
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2015

231 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 12:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.