Dec 14, 2009 6:31 PM

Feb 2009
Fried dumplings. Mmm.

Dec 15, 2009 3:29 PM

Sep 2008
Bratwurst and Baked Beans! XD

Dec 15, 2009 5:38 PM

Sep 2009
ok... so get this... LOOOOONG day at work... decided to be lazy and hit BK on the way home and have a Whopper for dinner

I usually curse myself later as it's just poor quality crap food... but poor quality crap food kinda tastes good once in a while ;-)

anyhow, I pull up to the drive-thru line, which actually seems a little longer than it should be... I finally get up to place my order... and after I order, the (louder than ever need be) speaker blurts back "the only value-meals we have are #'s 4, 9, 12 & 16" or something like that... so I say ok and I start to look at what those #'s are and she blurts in again (at prolly 40 decibels) "NO HAMBURGERS" .. by then I've looked over all the other #'s and I've realized they're all chicken foods... which I cannot stand fast-food chicken... so I say "umm... so Burger King doesn't have any Burgers?" .. to which she replies"NO" ......... so I said "ok, thank you anyways..."

at this point .. I just wanna leave... but I then realize I cannot back out as there's now 6 or 7 cars behind me (some already honking their horns) and about 8 cars in front of me ... unfortunately it's not until now that I notice the guy at the front of the line where the window is, at this point out of his car and standing on the hood of it screaming "THEY SAY NO BURGERS... BUT I CAN SEE THEM INSIDE HANDING BURGERS OUT!!!!" (I'm guessing he's thinking that if he protests long enough... a Whopper might magically appear...) someone a few cars up yelled "those are CHIGGUN SAMMICHES dude, just move!" .. he then starts jumping up and down on the hood of his car and banging on the window trying to summon the worker over... at which point the manager came over and threatened to call the police...

they argued for about 5 minutes, the manager then slammed the window shut and the guy took off, real fast like.... by that point the line was a cacophony of honking horns and people yelling... thankfully all 8 cars in front of me drove straight through (either having not ordered anything, or just wanting to get the hell out of there) including me!!

I at that point didn't even want to eat... just came home... and am now having a bowl of Granola... it's actually really yummy :-)
Dec 15, 2009 6:08 PM

Jan 2007
Jusenkyo_Guide said:
ok... so get this... LOOOOONG day at work... decided to be lazy and hit BK on the way home and have a Whopper for dinner

I usually curse myself later as it's just poor quality crap food... but poor quality crap food kinda tastes good once in a while ;-)

anyhow, I pull up to the drive-thru line, which actually seems a little longer than it should be... I finally get up to place my order... and after I order, the (louder than ever need be) speaker blurts back "the only value-meals we have are #'s 4, 9, 12 & 16" or something like that... so I say ok and I start to look at what those #'s are and she blurts in again (at prolly 40 decibels) "NO HAMBURGERS" .. by then I've looked over all the other #'s and I've realized they're all chicken foods... which I cannot stand fast-food chicken... so I say "umm... so Burger King doesn't have any Burgers?" .. to which she replies"NO" ......... so I said "ok, thank you anyways..."

at this point .. I just wanna leave... but I then realize I cannot back out as there's now 6 or 7 cars behind me (some already honking their horns) and about 8 cars in front of me ... unfortunately it's not until now that I notice the guy at the front of the line where the window is, at this point out of his car and standing on the hood of it screaming "THEY SAY NO BURGERS... BUT I CAN SEE THEM INSIDE HANDING BURGERS OUT!!!!" (I'm guessing he's thinking that if he protests long enough... a Whopper might magically appear...) someone a few cars up yelled "those are CHIGGUN SAMMICHES dude, just move!" .. he then starts jumping up and down on the hood of his car and banging on the window trying to summon the worker over... at which point the manager came over and threatened to call the police...

they argued for about 5 minutes, the manager then slammed the window shut and the guy took off, real fast like.... by that point the line was a cacophony of honking horns and people yelling... thankfully all 8 cars in front of me drove straight through (either having not ordered anything, or just wanting to get the hell out of there) including me!!

I at that point didn't even want to eat... just came home... and am now having a bowl of Granola... it's actually really yummy :-)

Heh... Crazy people.

Reminds me of an Iced Earth Song, "Come What May":

"As I watch through the ages
And gaze upon this world
The troubled race of man
So impetuous and afraid
There's potential in this race
A man can spark hope
But in mass they do regress
A constant downward slope"

That said, I love me a Whopper from time to time, but NOTHING can beat a Whataburger #1 for a fast food burger in my book.

Jeez, for that matter I love a Jack in the box ultimate cheese burger on sourdough. *drool*

I want one now o.o

No! Bad Arixx! No fast food for you!

Lost almost 35 pounds cutting down on that crap and eating a normal portion. I was 250-ish. bordering on 210 now. 175 is my goal, but I don't see me hitting that at all. I'd be happy with an even 200. After that, I don't see where it can come off of O.o

Bah, anyway... Some nice baked catfish with dill and lemon + a salad with an olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing.
"...Only fools stand up and really lay down their arms. No, not me, not when death lasts forever."

Dec 16, 2009 2:09 AM

Mar 2009
Interesting and funny story J_Guide - Burger King with no Burgers is like a religion with no guilt :)

When I was about 13 my parents took me too a burger place in Miami - it looked like your usual takeaway i.e. plastic decor etc.. but the difference was that you could see the raw burger and they would cook it for you - I was wondering if you knew the name of the place or was it all a dream

Personally I do not like takeaway burgers as I usually feel hungrey after about an hour afterwards so I make my own

@Arixx - is this not the wrong time to think about diets :)

Shameless plug signature The Shorts Club

Dec 16, 2009 6:29 PM

Jan 2007
slenderfall said:
Interesting and funny story J_Guide - Burger King with no Burgers is like a religion with no guilt :)

When I was about 13 my parents took me too a burger place in Miami - it looked like your usual takeaway i.e. plastic decor etc.. but the difference was that you could see the raw burger and they would cook it for you - I was wondering if you knew the name of the place or was it all a dream

Personally I do not like takeaway burgers as I usually feel hungrey after about an hour afterwards so I make my own

@Arixx - is this not the wrong time to think about diets :)

;_; yes!

Almost time to brine and smoke the turkey for Christmas! :)
"...Only fools stand up and really lay down their arms. No, not me, not when death lasts forever."

Dec 18, 2009 2:39 PM

Apr 2009
Been eating curry ramen all week, well for about three days. First day I added chicken tofu (chicken patties that have a ton of soy), then the next day I topped up the pot with more noodles and pork dumpings, then yesterday I topped it up again with egg drops and then finished it last night.

Right now I am eating kichadi (usually rice and dhal). This particular mixture is simply red cargo rice (first time cooking it, its nice) with green mung beans and topped with a couple of fried eggs on top. Pretty simple fare, but I like to eat that way when I cook for myself.
Dec 19, 2009 2:18 AM

Dec 2008
Microwave chicken patties on burger buns with a mug of hot tea tonight while watching New Orleans bitch-slap the Cowgirls! ^_^

May the DESU be with you! Always!
Jan 1, 2010 4:34 PM

Jan 2007
Hickory smoked pork ribs, rubbed in sriracha, salt, pepper and garlic powder. After about an hour I start brushing on my orange balsamic glaze.

Should be ready in about two hours. I've got plenty on the smoker and the beer is cold so don't hesitate to come on over =P

Feb 17, 2010 12:19 PM

Jun 2009
well I'm sure this will sound bland... but...
Tofu n mushroom stir fry, with basmati rice ... and .. of course.. green tea

Then some cherry garcia by ben & jerry's :P

Feb 17, 2010 12:21 PM

Aug 2006
LOL Dragon. Compared to my planned dinner of chicken broth and saltines, yours sounds absolutely delicious. T_T And Ben & Jerry's... a fave of mine. ^_^ I'll be so glad when this "bug" is gone. :(
Feb 17, 2010 12:30 PM

Jun 2009
Chelle said:
^_^ I'll be so glad when this "bug" is gone. :(

I hope u feel better soon too!!
Lots n lots of chicken soup for u young lady!!! :)
and extra vit C and echinacea... I take a ton of each through the winter, course we have a lot of colds and flu viruses running round this time of yr too...

Feb 17, 2010 12:44 PM

Aug 2006
Awwww... you called me "young" lady. That's it!!! I love you, now!! ^_^ Did you see that, slender? Dragon called me "young"!! **skips herself to the bathroom to throw up**

LMAO ♥
Feb 17, 2010 3:51 PM

Jun 2008
Pizza....pepperoni, mushroom, yellow pepper and Italian sausage. I ain't cooking today. I'm not in the mood.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 17, 2010 4:13 PM

Mar 2009
Chelle said:
Did you see that, slender?

Nope

I had a prawn curry, mushroom pilau rice all homemade with some poppadums

Feb 18, 2010 2:07 AM

Dec 2008
What's for dinner? Anything I can stick in my microwave! Especially Hot Pockets! YUM! ^_^

Feb 18, 2010 6:37 AM

Dec 2009
Going ot be BBQ chicken and Hawaiian Sweet Potatoes with spinach greens.
Feb 18, 2010 8:27 PM

Jun 2009
My sister and I took my mom out for an early dinner today, so I had chicken souvlaki w/ salad, green beans n rice... ohh and saganaki too *drool* That was at like 5 today... n I'm still way too full... *contented sigh*

We're trying to make it a weekly thing... taking my mom out that is... don't know where we'll go next week though :P

Feb 24, 2010 6:20 PM

Apr 2009
Conan Soup - yes that's a good name for it. 10 Jalepeno peppers, 20 cloves of garlic, and a half pound of cilantro all pureed to make a base with a pound of ground beef sauteed in honey. If it doesn't kill me, it will make me stronger!

Oh and one large purple yam chopped into chunks.
Feb 24, 2010 6:30 PM

Sep 2009
slenderfall said:
OK...

I gotta know, what's a poppadum???

cause based on the word... seems like something I'd prolly really like :-)
Feb 25, 2010 1:05 PM

Dec 2008
Two microwave chicken patties on burger buns with cold milk. Yum! Can't wait! ^_^

Feb 25, 2010 1:14 PM

Mar 2009
Jusenkyo_Guide said:
slenderfall said:
OK...

I gotta know, what's a poppadum???

cause based on the word... seems like something I'd prolly really like :-)

A poppadum sounds more exotic than it really is - its just fried udin flour which is very thin and flat - usually served with chutneys as a apertiser

I personally buy packets of it as it is far too much bother too prepare for myself

Feb 25, 2010 6:39 PM

Sep 2009
ok Slend... I'm pretty sure I would gladly pop about 20 poppadums into my mouth without even a second thought!!!

and if I ever make it over the pond... I'm eying you as a flat-mate!

hint hint ;-)
Feb 26, 2010 3:34 AM

Mar 2009
Jusenkyo_Guide said:
ok Slend... I'm pretty sure I would gladly pop about 20 poppadums into my mouth without even a second thought!!!

and if I ever make it over the pond... I'm eying you as a flat-mate!

hint hint ;-)

Haha - no problem - I will just have to buy some extra latge pots and pans and invest in an industrial cooker :)

Mar 2, 2010 3:26 PM

Apr 2009

Green Tea Soba noodles with sweetened omelet and a plum. The plum is garnished with cocoa and cinnamon and the omelet is drizzled with maple syrup.
Mar 2, 2010 3:55 PM

Mar 2009
Krimson said:

Green Tea Soba noodles with sweetened omelet and a plum. The plum is garnished with cocoa and cinnamon and the omelet is drizzled with maple syrup.

Looks good :)

Mar 5, 2010 4:12 PM

Aug 2006
Tonight it's Chik-fil-a sandwich and waffle fries, with a diet Coke. :P LOL
Mar 5, 2010 5:06 PM

Jun 2009
hmm...
5 pcs of unagi sushi, 3 pcs tuna sushi, 3 pcs deep fried scallops, 6 tuna maki. 6 avacado maki, 6 salmon maki 2 gyoza, miso soup, beef teriaki, LARGE bottle of hot sake :P and red bean icecream for dessert....

We have an all u can eat sushi place in town :P
Not the best.. but it's not bad for a quick fix :)

Mar 5, 2010 5:44 PM

Sep 2009
I tend to fear the ALL-U-CAN-EAT places D-Scales....

but that sounds DAMN GOOD!!! ;-p
Mar 5, 2010 6:04 PM

Jun 2009
Jusenkyo_Guide said:
I tend to fear the ALL-U-CAN-EAT places D-Scales....

but that sounds DAMN GOOD!!! ;-p

Well with the sushi places (all u can eat) that I've been to.. it's a set price for dinner or lunch and u just order off the menu as many times as u want to... Just gotta be sure u finish everything :P

Mar 5, 2010 6:12 PM

Sep 2009
Dragon-Scales said:
Just gotta be sure u finish everything :P
yeah... same here... although that's never been a problem for me ;-)
Mar 6, 2010 2:36 AM

Dec 2008
Microwave chicken patties on burger buns! Yum! ^_^

Mar 7, 2010 2:48 PM

Jun 2008
On my way to making bacon and chocolate chip cookies. :D

Mar 7, 2010 4:28 PM

Jun 2009
sbyrstall said:

O.O ummmmmmmmm..................ok?????

Mar 7, 2010 5:11 PM

Mar 2009
I had roast pork with crackling and all the trimmings

Mar 7, 2010 5:30 PM

Apr 2009
Simple sirloin burger patties on toasted rye.
Mar 7, 2010 5:52 PM

Jun 2008
Dragon-Scales said:
sbyrstall said:

It's actually pretty good. Remember...everything is better with chocolate and bacon. ;)

Mar 7, 2010 6:55 PM

Jun 2009
sbyrstall said:
Dragon-Scales said:
sbyrstall said:

It's actually pretty good. Remember...everything is better with chocolate and bacon. ;)

*SHUDDER*

Mar 10, 2010 12:58 PM

Mar 2010
Tonight I'm making biscuits and gravy.
Mar 10, 2010 5:32 PM

Jun 2009
ohh buddy just took me out for Chinese food
I'm one contented lil dragon :P purrrrrrrrrr

Mar 10, 2010 7:09 PM

Dec 2009
Yeah, that'll last for like 2 hours. Then he'll have to take you out again.
Mar 11, 2010 9:39 AM

Jun 2009
Hakujou said:
Yeah, that'll last for like 2 hours. Then he'll have to take you out again.

:P~~ his wife would kill him if he took me out again n didn't bring her :)
course his kids would want to come too :)
This was a thank u for helping him out with his truck (my brother-in-law is a mechanic)

Mar 11, 2010 9:45 AM

Mar 2009
Chicken green pepper Chilli in Black bean sauce - with Vegatable Noodles with stir fry veg and Pork

Mar 17, 2010 5:21 PM

Apr 2009
Ground pork sauteed with carmelized garlic, salt and pepper. Added to it a puree of fresh cilantro, basil, mint leaves and lime leaves. Sauteed that until the water cooked off to let the oils come out. Then to that I added some rice with tomato sauce and mixed it all together. I have to say the lime and mint add a nice flavor and aroma to the dish.

Mar 18, 2010 1:42 PM

Dec 2008
Krimson said:
Ground pork sauteed with carmelized garlic, salt and pepper. Added to it a puree of fresh cilantro, basil, mint leaves and lime leaves. Sauteed that until the water cooked off to let the oils come out. Then to that I added some rice with tomato sauce and mixed it all together. I have to say the lime and mint add a nice flavor and aroma to the dish.

Hmmm! Sounds like way too much work for me! I'll just pop some Hot Pockets in the microwave and chow down on them tonight! ^_^

Mar 18, 2010 4:37 PM
Nov 2007
Tonight I grilled some steaks with fresh crab pasta and wilted greens.^_^
Mar 18, 2010 4:46 PM

Jun 2009
I don't know if I'm doing dinner tonight... I had sushi with my sister for lunch :P

Mar 18, 2010 8:04 PM

Apr 2009
Just finishing off a batch of miso soup I made the other day. I usually let the kelp cook for at least an hour before adding the other ingredients. Though miso soup is pretty simple. Kelp, pressed tofu, miso paste and green onion. Trick is you don't want the water to do more than bubble when you add the miso as boiling it can kill off nutrients.
Mar 21, 2010 5:41 PM

Jun 2009
Ok... Tofu Stirfry, Basmati Rice, Miso soup (sorry it's instant :P), some pickled ginger and a Ramune :P

Sep 30, 2010 6:05 PM

Jan 2010
Dragon-Scales said:
Ok... Tofu Stirfry, Basmati Rice, Miso soup (sorry it's instant :P), some pickled ginger and a Ramune :P

OMG Dragon-Scales, did you make that? It looks so good!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Secret of Cerulean Sand (2002)

whiteflame55 - Apr 26

41 by filifjonkan »»
9 hours ago

Sticky: » Discuss the Series You Just Finished ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelle - Jul 27, 2009

2889 by jdvz »»
9 hours ago

Sticky: » New Member Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelle - Oct 3, 2009

835 by whiteflame55 »»
May 6, 6:12 PM

» Kobato (2009) - April 2024 Group Watch ( 1 2 )

23feanor - Apr 2

54 by filifjonkan »»
May 6, 7:49 AM

» Anime with adult main characters

zubby - Nov 30, 2023

6 by MeganeOverlord »»
Apr 25, 7:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.