Forum Settings
Forums

Anti-Gamergater Wants Unicef to Deny Large Donation

New
Oct 25, 2014 5:55 PM

Dec 2013
So people want poverty ridden children to be kept down just because they don't agree with the people helping them. An Indiegogo campaign was launched by some people in the Gamergate community to raise money for Unicef and i found this in response to it.

Don't try looking for the tweet. People called them out for being a dick and guess what, they claimed to be harassed and deleted it.

Honestly, what the fuck. It doesn't matter if the charity drive is for publicity, the fact of the matter is, they're still donating money for a good cause

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/from-gamergate-to-unicef#home
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 25, 2014 6:01 PM

Nov 2008
SJW garbage needs sterilization, it's outright retarded to force a company to deny donations because it's from someone who doesn't agree with your warped ideals.

Oct 25, 2014 6:01 PM

Mar 2013
im confused
Oct 25, 2014 6:04 PM

Dec 2013
TsukimotoMakoto said:
im confused
Don't worry, you're definitely not the only one
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2014 6:04 PM

Nov 2008
TsukimotoMakoto said:
im confused

The SJW garbage above wants UNICEF to deny a large donation from GGers because the idiot thinks it's a sexist group and not a consumer revolt.

Oct 25, 2014 6:13 PM

Mar 2013
Well they reached their goal!

YouAreNotSugoi said:
Don't try looking for the tweet. People called them out for being a dick and guess what, they claimed to be harassed and deleted it.
It seems like this is the go to excuse for a lot of SJWs.
Oct 25, 2014 6:15 PM

Jul 2014
TsukimotoMakoto said:
im confused

I feel like I'm supposed to be angry at something, but I don't know what.
Oct 25, 2014 6:16 PM

May 2012
Cultural Marxists at it again.
Oct 25, 2014 6:18 PM

Jul 2013
This is a complete mess.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Oct 25, 2014 6:37 PM

Jun 2008
Looking at the pic. O_o Don't tell me that is who i think it is.
Oct 25, 2014 6:40 PM

Jan 2011
Anit-GamerGate people just keep proving how retarded they are.
Oct 25, 2014 6:44 PM

Jun 2013
Who cares if the group is sexist, racist, homophobic.. Ect, just let them donate.. People are stupid. ;-;
WHAT IS THIS
Oct 25, 2014 6:47 PM

May 2012
Yume said:
Who cares if the group is sexist, racist, homophobic.. Ect, just let them donate.. People are stupid. ;-;

Your ignorance is astounding. Gamergate is not a hate group. If you are going to attribute the behavior of a few radicals/trolls who may or may not be associated to the movement, and generalize all of them together is moronic.
Oct 25, 2014 6:48 PM

Feb 2005
Fucking unbelievable. Doesn't matter to these shitstains who gets hurt, they just want to stand on their soapboxes, stroking their egos and crying about how much they get abused. Social Justice is a ideology of hate and destruction.

I honestly hope something terrible befalls each and every one of them so they can experience what actual suffering is like.
Oct 25, 2014 6:50 PM

Jan 2011
Yume said:
It's not even any of those anyway.
Oct 25, 2014 6:50 PM

Aug 2014
First using girl to say vulgarities now this, those feminazis should never exist.
Oct 25, 2014 7:01 PM

Oct 2014
Gamergate doxed me and they tried to harass me and fondle me, dont go to H8CHAN theyre all misogynerds. I hope you people realise how bad gamergate is otherwise you wont ever grow up. #TRIGGERED
Oct 25, 2014 7:07 PM

Feb 2005
DramaEnthusiast said:
Gamergate doxed me and they tried to harass me and fondle me, dont go to H8CHAN theyre all misogynerds. I hope you people realise how bad gamergate is otherwise you wont ever grow up. #TRIGGERED
You forgot how they literally raped you.
Oct 25, 2014 7:24 PM

Dec 2013
DramaEnthusiast said:
i know your pain. A was walking in town once and someone of the opposite sex... sorry... LOOKED AT ME
Oct 25, 2014 7:52 PM

Jun 2013
PoeticJustice said:
Yume said:

Your ignorance is astounding. Gamergate is not a hate group. If you are going to attribute the behavior of a few radicals/trolls who may or may not be associated to the movement, and generalize all of them together is moronic.
ReaperCreeper said:
Yume said:

I did not say they were. -.-
I wasn't talking about GG at all, I meant biased people/companies in general.

I was mostly refering to what Hoppy said.
Hoppy said:
The SJW garbage above wants UNICEF to deny a large donation from GGers because the idiot thinks it's a sexist group and not a consumer revolt.

So what I meant was, who cares if a sexist company is donating, as long as you get the donationi it shouldn't matter, right? Not that GG is a sexist group. :/
YumeOct 25, 2014 7:57 PM
WHAT IS THIS
Oct 25, 2014 8:04 PM

Jan 2011
Yume said:
ReaperCreeper said:

I did not say they were. -.-

I didn't think you thought so, I was just making a point about how people will buy into the bullshit. Because we all know how hate groups donate to charity right?
Oct 25, 2014 8:08 PM

Oct 2014
no they not raped me, i left h8chan and called police
Oct 25, 2014 10:16 PM

Oct 2012
but then again will the money really go to the people in poverty?
RRRRRRRRRR
Oct 25, 2014 10:19 PM

Aug 2014
I'm done with this gamergate shit
Oct 25, 2014 10:23 PM
Nov 2008
all of gamergate is stupid, both sides are absolutely bonkers dumb at this point
Oct 25, 2014 10:26 PM
Jul 2018
I seriously still have no idea what this whole gamergate thing is.
Oct 25, 2014 10:29 PM

Apr 2014
Supercolin said:

TL;DR version:

Some woman developer slept with gaming journalists. Internet went ape shit because her game got "good ratings" despite being objectively bad. She responded to people saying stupid shit on like a 4chan knockoff site and made it her crusade to spread SJW bullshit. Which was dumb because that would be like making a crusade about a youtube comment that said shit about your video. It's everywhere. But in the end, no one cares anymore. It's stupid to talk about it now since it's over.
Oct 25, 2014 10:32 PM
Jul 2018
Causation said:
Supercolin said:

TL;DR version:

Some woman developer slept with gaming journalists. Internet went ape shit because her game got "good ratings" despite being objectively bad. She responded to people saying stupid shit on like a 4chan knockoff site and made it her crusade to spread SJW bullshit. Which was dumb because that would be like making a crusade about a youtube comment that said shit about your video. It's everywhere. But in the end, no one cares anymore. It's stupid to talk about it now since it's over.

Wow! does anyone even take gaming journalist reviews seriously though? XD
Oct 25, 2014 10:33 PM

Apr 2014
Supercolin said:

Apparently. Even though the whole "This game is shit 10/10 IGN" joke has been bouncing around the internet for years now.

It was more about the principle then anything. But both sides went too far.
Oct 25, 2014 10:33 PM

Dec 2013
beavis2323 said:
UNICEF is led by the U.N. It's not like you're donating to Kony 2012
Oct 25, 2014 10:35 PM

Dec 2013
Causation said:
Supercolin said:

Apparently. Even though the whole "This game is shit 10/10 IGN" joke has been bouncing around the internet for years now.

well it's not even about journalism by this point. People are more pissed for being called this

Oct 25, 2014 10:37 PM
Nov 2008
YouAreNotSugoi said:
Causation said:

well it's not even about journalism by this point. People are more pissed for being called this

obviously the solution is to call him names. this is working out great.
Oct 25, 2014 10:38 PM

Apr 2014
YouAreNotSugoi said:

Yeah and that's why it's retarded now. It's just a circlejerk of feminism vs masculism at this point. Anything rational has been long since done.
Oct 25, 2014 10:48 PM

Jan 2011
Supercolin said:
Read this: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/gamergate
Oct 25, 2014 10:53 PM

Aug 2014
Supercolin said:
Causation said:

TL;DR version:

Well I hope people take mine somewhat seriously.
Oct 25, 2014 10:53 PM

Aug 2014
Meh. It will all blow over.

This whole thing has turned into a mess. I would be surprised if anything comes out of it at all.
Oct 25, 2014 10:54 PM
Nov 2008
winmac32 said:

This whole thing has turned into a mess. I would be surprised if anything comes out of it at all.
it'll be like most e-activism: nothing will change at all.
Oct 26, 2014 12:45 AM

Oct 2012
YouAreNotSugoi said:
beavis2323 said:
UNICEF is led by the U.N. It's not like you're donating to Kony 2012

eh i guess but anything can happen to the money when it goes into the country its needed in
RRRRRRRRRR
Oct 26, 2014 3:51 AM

May 2012
dity said:
winmac32 said:

it'll be like most e-activism: nothing will change at all.

Some advertisers have stopped operating on certain sites like Kotaku, but that's about it :)
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Oct 26, 2014 3:56 AM

Mar 2014
PoeticJustice said:
Yume said:

Simmer down bertha, and comprehend before frothing.
Oct 26, 2014 3:57 AM

Mar 2014
No surprises here. Internet ideological warriors value whining more than action and pragmatic solutions. And of course value ideology over logic or reason.
Oct 26, 2014 5:53 AM

Oct 2014
Supercolin said:
Causation said:

TL;DR version:

Thank you. I had no idea what this rubbish was about until now.
I wonder if I have played that game....
Life isn't worth living if one isn't dreaming. Life isn't worth dreaming if one isn't doing.
Oct 26, 2014 5:55 AM

Feb 2005
Causation said:
Yeah and that's why it's retarded now. It's just a circlejerk of feminism vs masculism at this point. Anything rational has been long since done.
Uh, it has absolutely nothing to do about feminism or masculism lol. All the corrupt game bloggers and SJWtards just bring up feminism and muh soggy knee because they refuse to accept what GG is actually about. And I've no idea where you pull the masculism from.
Oct 26, 2014 5:57 AM

Apr 2012
Baman said:
Causation said:
Uh, it has nothing to do about feminism or masculism lol. All the corrupt game bloggers and SJWtards just bring up feminism and muh soggy knee because they refuse to accept what GG is actually about.
This is true.

Although GG will surely not do any big changes, minimal at best, to be honest...
And I don't like them either. They're also exaggerating with their "ethics in gaming and gaming journalism.", to be honest, I hope NOTHING at all changes.

OT though: It's irrelevant who donates if the cause is not "harmful" but "beneficial". SJWs are retarded.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Oct 26, 2014 6:16 AM

Feb 2005
Immahnoob said:
Although GG will surely not do any big changes, minimal at best, to be honest...
And I don't like them either. They're also exaggerating with their "ethics in gaming and gaming journalism.", to be honest, I hope NOTHING at all changes.
What, you want game "journalism" to stay as shitty pay-to-score soapboxes for cultural marxism and SJW echo-chamber circlejerking?

It funny though, I saw this chart depicting the scores in major game review publications from the 80s to today. In the 80s-90s, they actually used a 10 point scale like it's intended to be used, whereas from the 00s and onwards it largely settled into this mongoloid pattern where 7 is somehow the worst score. So all these bribes and backroom deals definitely sap the quality of the reviews as well.
Oct 26, 2014 6:24 AM

Apr 2012
Sure, I'd love reviews to be "better".

"Better" though, is subjective. The only review I'd love to see is a review that tells me the game mechanics involved, I don't want scores and/or personal opinions. Because it might be that "grinding" is really "bad" for the reviewer while I'd love to grind all day.

It's the same with Anime in certain things.

Autocrat said:
Oct 26, 2014 7:16 AM

Feb 2005
Not sure I would really call that subjective.
A review, by its very nature, needs to be reasonably nuanced and objective, and when something is heavily coloured by the reviewers personal taste, that should be specifically expressed. So whether a review is good or not depends on whether or not the reviewer is able to stay off from going into a biased rant. If it's all just personal opinions like you say, then it's simply a objectively bad review.
Oct 26, 2014 7:19 AM

Apr 2012
Baman said:
Not sure I would really call that subjective.
A review, by its very nature, needs to be reasonably nuanced and objective, and when something is heavily coloured by the reviewers personal taste, that should be specifically expressed. So whether a review is good or not depends on whether or not the reviewer is able to stay off from going into a biased rant. If it's all just personal opinions like you say, then it's simply a objectively bad review.

Give me an example of a review that you find objective then.

I want to see if we're talking about the same thing here.

Autocrat said:
Oct 26, 2014 7:31 AM

Feb 2005
No, I meant whether a review being "better" or not isn't subjective, since there are objective criteria for what constitutes a proper review.

But yea, obviously it's impossible to have a wholly objective review, unless it's purely listing performance stats like framerates and gamepolay technicalities.
Still, obviously being objective should be a goal for reviewers. To take an example, this review does a pretty solid attempt at separating the gameplay from the subjective "moral" score. Figures that a religious review site would be better at being transparent about it's views than mainstream sites like Craptaku...
Oct 26, 2014 7:43 AM

Apr 2012
Surely, a review that is a blank page might be worse than a review that has words written on it, that wasn't really my point.

Mechanics, in the end, is the thing that matters the most. You won't like a side scrolling fighting game if you're not into that no matter how well made it is.

That's where that review was "objective", otherwise it's just striving and not getting to the point of "objectivity".

That's also the reason why I don't look at reviews anymore when we're talking about something like art... I'd rather see for myself and judge for myself on something like that.

Autocrat said:
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.