Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shaman King: Flowers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, that looks like hell.

It had the feeling of a season finale that even included aircrafts. Hana had his full his episode just tryin to survive. While this episode doesn't resolve the main story, it does prove his determination again. Sakutaro really is like an enigma in this show and such a mysterious character. Well, this show was an interesting one imo. Pacing was strange at times but did feel very similar to the previous season.
Apr 2, 8:47 AM

Apr 2020
It was ok. I do think Hana is a better MC than Yoh but the side characters are worse.
6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Apr 2, 9:33 AM

Mar 2022
Best episode of this season
Apr 2, 10:41 AM

Oct 2011
Everyone is waiting for Hana to return to them

season 2 please 🙏
Apr 2, 10:40 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to AnimeFan500
Everyone is waiting for Hana to return to them

season 2 please 🙏
@AnimeFan500 It may be still called Shaman King Flowers (they have to change up the title when it's a separate "project" even when it's generally the same plan), but I'm not sure where this is in the manga, since the follow up has another name (The Super Star) and is still not complete atm
Apr 3, 7:10 PM

Jul 2016
Well, that sure was abrupt. Did they seriously end the season without giving a proper conclusion to the current arc? Not to mention it seemed it only needed one more episode to have Hana returning from the Asura Hell... Though being honest, it's not like one more episode would have saved this adaptation from being a disaster even bigger than Shaman King (2021). Man, what a waste of time.

Pretty awful and unnecessary sequel overall. Shaman King's original story was already conclusive enough so a continuation following the steps of Yoh and Anna's son sounded weak from the get go in my opinion.
And weak it sure was: 13 episodes yet the story barely advanced, new antagonists are mere jokes, Hana as new MC is unbearable since the author decided to give him most of Anna's worst traits, animation barely improved despite the studio working with far less episodes than the 52-episode long prequel, etc.

2/10 - As with Shaman King (2021), only redeemable aspects being OST and some character designs.
Apr 4, 5:41 AM

Jul 2016
SouthRzVa said:
Well, that sure was abrupt. Did they seriously end the season without giving a proper conclusion to the current arc? Not to mention it seemed it only needed one more episode to have Hana returning from the Asura Hell...

Well, that's pretty much how the manga ended as well because the manga was cancelled before Takei could even finish the story (Just like original SK manga before they released the Complete Edition years later).

SouthRzVa said:
Man, what a waste of time.

Agreed. I wonder what's the point of even animate this in the first place if they're not going to adapt some contents from Superstar sequel to at least end the Sakurai arc properly. They went ahead to adapted Jeanne's death scene from Red Crimson spin-off (Which happened off-scene in the Flowers manga) and the card dude's backstory from his own one-shot manga, but they couldn't bother to adapt the stuffs from Superstar for some reason. Keep in mind that Flowers manga is worse than the anime in some way unlike SK 2021 where it's the otherway around.

Also, if you think Flowers is bad, be prepared when they eventually announced the anime adaptation of Superstar (Which take place just right after last episode of Flowers) as that one managed to be even worse than Flowers due to it's abyssal pacing and pointless fillers that made original Bleach and Naruto anime looks like masterpiece by comparison lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiApr 4, 5:47 AM
Apr 4, 2:26 PM

Feb 2016
The episode was good, but it was really bad to be the end of this season, this was so fkng fast that Hana didn't even woke up lmao
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 5, 7:06 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to MahiaErebeaNegi
SouthRzVa said:
Well, that sure was abrupt. Did they seriously end the season without giving a proper conclusion to the current arc? Not to mention it seemed it only needed one more episode to have Hana returning from the Asura Hell...

Well, that's pretty much how the manga ended as well because the manga was cancelled before Takei could even finish the story (Just like original SK manga before they released the Complete Edition years later).

SouthRzVa said:

Agreed. I wonder what's the point of even animate this in the first place if they're not going to adapt some contents from Superstar sequel to at least end the Sakurai arc properly. They went ahead to adapted Jeanne's death scene from Red Crimson spin-off (Which happened off-scene in the Flowers manga) and the card dude's backstory from his own one-shot manga, but they couldn't bother to adapt the stuffs from Superstar for some reason. Keep in mind that Flowers manga is worse than the anime in some way unlike SK 2021 where it's the otherway around.

Also, if you think Flowers is bad, be prepared when they eventually announced the anime adaptation of Superstar (Which take place just right after last episode of Flowers) as that one managed to be even worse than Flowers due to it's abyssal pacing and pointless fillers that made original Bleach and Naruto anime looks like masterpiece by comparison lol.
@MahiaErebeaNegi Woah, what a way to sell a continuation that wasn't even announced lol.
Yeah... I kinda like this Sakurai dude and the idea of him becoming Hana's spirit partner sounds cool but that's it. I don't think I will watch a supposed continuation after that last paragraph of yours about Superstar... or maybe I will? I don't know. It will all depend on how much of a masochist I'm feeling that day.
Apr 6, 8:42 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to MahiaErebeaNegi
SouthRzVa said:

SouthRzVa said:

@MahiaErebeaNegi It wasn't cancelled. the magazine that was publishing it closed down.

As for a sequel, we still have SuperStar to adapt but they may wait for that to finish.
Apr 6, 9:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The answer is... love (lol) and it's ending this way, meh... expect a better ending to be honest.
Apr 6, 3:35 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yeah, that just turned out to be… a bad ending, to put it lightly. I thought it was obvious already but Hana’s finally figured it out. Time to finally get out of that island and acquire Sakurai-san under his control. On the other hand, badass Tamao-san was nice to see.

Not much else to say about this season, in all fairness. Found it to be very average, all in all.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 6, 6:05 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to komic
@MahiaErebeaNegi It wasn't cancelled. the magazine that was publishing it closed down.

As for a sequel, we still have SuperStar to adapt but they may wait for that to finish.
komic said:
It wasn't cancelled. the magazine that was publishing it closed down.

Still meant the same thing. Flowers manga was cancelled because of the magazine serialized it ceased publication.
Apr 7, 7:30 AM
Jul 2013
Well, Hana lacks love, and that makes her stronger.

No comments huh.
Apr 8, 1:29 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to MahiaErebeaNegi
SouthRzVa said:

SouthRzVa said:

@MahiaErebeaNegi So, they've fully adapted Flowers at this point and if we get a sequel next, will it be a Superstar adaptation?
Apr 8, 4:37 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@MahiaErebeaNegi So, they've fully adapted Flowers at this point and if we get a sequel next, will it be a Superstar adaptation?
@RobertBobert Pretty sure they will gonna be adapt Red Crimson and Marcos spin-offs first since the stuffs there will plays important roles on Superstar later on (Such as revealing Team YVS's members/goals and more details for FoM tournament), or else people would be confused as hell without the knowledge from the spin-offs lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiApr 8, 4:41 AM
Apr 8, 6:15 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to MahiaErebeaNegi
@RobertBobert Pretty sure they will gonna be adapt Red Crimson and Marcos spin-offs first since the stuffs there will plays important roles on Superstar later on (Such as revealing Team YVS's members/goals and more details for FoM tournament), or else people would be confused as hell without the knowledge from the spin-offs lol.
@MahiaErebeaNegi But in what format? As I understand your past comments, they have adapted a number of spin-offs within Flowers for additional context already.
Apr 8, 8:23 AM

Jul 2016
RobertBobert said:
As I understand your past comments, they have adapted a number of spin-offs within Flowers for additional context already.

They have only actually adapted like two scenes from the spin-offs, one for card dude's backstory and another one for Jeanne's death (And her death was shown without the contexts on how exactly did it happened). I don't think Jeanne one really count as extra info considering all we got was just a few screenshots.

Without spoilers, those spin-off introduced a bunch of new characters (Funnily enough, few of those new characters was created by Stan Lee back in 2008 for one of SK spin-offs lol) who would later reappeared in Superstar and the manga treats them as if it's expecting people had already familiar with them without explaining to new readers on who they were (This also applies to the extra infos that were only mentioned on the spin-offs as well).
Apr 8, 8:33 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to MahiaErebeaNegi
RobertBobert said:
As I understand your past comments, they have adapted a number of spin-offs within Flowers for additional context already.

They have only actually adapted like two scenes from the spin-offs, one for card dude's backstory and another one for Jeanne's death (And her death was shown without the contexts on how exactly did it happened). I don't think Jeanne one really count as extra info considering all we got was just a few screenshots.

Without spoilers, those spin-off introduced a bunch of new characters (Funnily enough, few of those new characters was created by Stan Lee back in 2008 for one of SK spin-offs lol) who would later reappeared in Superstar and the manga treats them as if it's expecting people had already familiar with them without explaining to new readers on who they were (This also applies to the extra infos that were only mentioned on the spin-offs as well).
@MahiaErebeaNegi So, if I understand you correctly, they need something like an OVA or special episodes?
Apr 8, 9:24 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@MahiaErebeaNegi So, if I understand you correctly, they need something like an OVA or special episodes?
RobertBobert said:
So, if I understand you correctly, they need something like an OVA or special episodes?

Sort of, I guess? I think Red Crimson might able to be adapted into 60 minutes OVA, tho I guess 6 to 8 episodes series would work better in terms of pacing for both RC and Marcos.

Now that I think about it, it's weird that they haven't announce any new project yet since Flowers was announced immediately after SK 2021 ended like, aren't their main goal is to adapt the entire franchise into thee or something like that?
Apr 8, 9:30 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to MahiaErebeaNegi
RobertBobert said:
So, if I understand you correctly, they need something like an OVA or special episodes?

Sort of, I guess? I think Red Crimson might able to be adapted into 60 minutes OVA, tho I guess 6 to 8 episodes series would work better in terms of pacing for both RC and Marcos.

Now that I think about it, it's weird that they haven't announce any new project yet since Flowers was announced immediately after SK 2021 ended like, aren't their main goal is to adapt the entire franchise into thee or something like that?
@MahiaErebeaNegi Well, when someone in one of the old threads suggested that the original show was getting a reboot due to the intentions of leading people to further adaptation of the manga, I expected them to actually go further. But Superstar is still ongoing, so I wonder how they will work with this.
Apr 8, 9:31 AM
Dec 2013
Sorry, but I liked Boruto: Naruto Next Generations more than this. This show was just meh. At least the pacing was better than Shaman King (2021). And apparently, this ended in the middle of an arc? While also being a complete adaptation of the manga? lol. An abrupt ending where Hana is still unconscious in the final episode.

Also, no announcement of a Shaman King: The Super Star anime after the final episode aired? I guess this is it for Shaman King. Unless they're just waiting for the Super Star manga to end first, which will not be ending anytime soon. And even if it does get announced, I don't have high hopes for it, considering the manga has quite a low rating and ranking.
wildhoodApr 13, 8:31 PM
Apr 8, 10:12 AM

Sep 2016
I thought this was a good episode. Hana discovering what he lacks after seeing the cruelty of war was neat.
Apr 8, 2:32 PM

Oct 2017
Well this sequel of Shaman King better than i thought, at least better than the reboot of Season 1 in terms of pacing/ animation.
This season is unlike many of those trendy shonen trope
Don't get why people hating on this so much and then liking shit story-telling with surface level messages /meaning like One Piss or Solo Leveling shit.

More importantly, are we getting season 2 adaptation considering the source was cut short? Can they really end it like this?
The story is interesting enough though, donnu why the series is cut short early on.
This is a lot better than Boruto tbh. No dragging or filler plot.
Ventus_SApr 8, 2:36 PM
Apr 9, 5:19 PM

Nov 2013
oh just came to me that bringing the death0 guy as a spirit might be the one way for him to see the girl again (if she is still alive), wonder if they will go there
tho, not being a shaman, maybe she can't see him, but i guess Hana could still talk to her or let him tave over his body (forgot if that's possible in this story lol)

the other way would be Alumi, using Anna's power to bring back the dead or something like that
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 10, 8:25 AM

Nov 2009
Kamikaze = Divine Warrior

This is how the Emperor convinced pilots to go through with this, because of "Family Honor".

Sadly... this is also how Japan's army got shit on later, as they have nearly no more pilots to protect their battleships, SADGE be with YAMATO, RIP.

(the anime isn't completely wrong, Japan had very good Squads that are on par or even better than Germany and America when the war first started, it's how they were able to dominate the Pacific so fast)

However... while "kamikaze" is widely looked down upon. But current era warfare STILL have Kamikaze. As Kamikaze in war only restricts to actual human beings, it does not apply to unmanned. Such as 30% of current warfare between Ukraine and Russia is unmanned Kamikaze drones.

___ ___ ___

And Hana is learning more about Life, Evil, Death, and LOVE.

Time for that Friendship Powerup.

And now... to wait for another 3 years for the season 2 of this series.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 10, 7:07 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to _MushiRock11_
Yeah, that just turned out to be… a bad ending, to put it lightly. I thought it was obvious already but Hana’s finally figured it out. Time to finally get out of that island and acquire Sakurai-san under his control. On the other hand, badass Tamao-san was nice to see.

Not much else to say about this season, in all fairness. Found it to be very average, all in all.
@_MushiRock11_ It's impressive when these were monthly chapters, though I can't speak on exact length. 29 chapters in 13 episodes. And technically the opening scene in episode 1 is from the first chapter of the follow up, The Super STar, with Hao and Yoh talking in the Great Spirit
Apr 10, 7:09 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to amlg
Kamikaze = Divine Warrior

This is how the Emperor convinced pilots to go through with this, because of "Family Honor".

Sadly... this is also how Japan's army got shit on later, as they have nearly no more pilots to protect their battleships, SADGE be with YAMATO, RIP.

(the anime isn't completely wrong, Japan had very good Squads that are on par or even better than Germany and America when the war first started, it's how they were able to dominate the Pacific so fast)

However... while "kamikaze" is widely looked down upon. But current era warfare STILL have Kamikaze. As Kamikaze in war only restricts to actual human beings, it does not apply to unmanned. Such as 30% of current warfare between Ukraine and Russia is unmanned Kamikaze drones.

___ ___ ___

And Hana is learning more about Life, Evil, Death, and LOVE.

Time for that Friendship Powerup.

And now... to wait for another 3 years for the season 2 of this series.
@amlg It's disturbingly realistic in that those squads were just called Special Attack Squad, very dry and detached from the reality that it is meant to sacrifice soldiers to win a war based on perceptions that they're in the right
Apr 10, 7:11 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to wildhood
Sorry, but I liked Boruto: Naruto Next Generations more than this. This show was just meh. At least the pacing was better than Shaman King (2021). And apparently, this ended in the middle of an arc? While also being a complete adaptation of the manga? lol. An abrupt ending where Hana is still unconscious in the final episode.

Also, no announcement of a Shaman King: The Super Star anime after the final episode aired? I guess this is it for Shaman King. Unless they're just waiting for the Super Star manga to end first, which will not be ending anytime soon. And even if it does get announced, I don't have high hopes for it, considering the manga has quite a low rating and ranking.
@wildhood Esp. since THAT magazine also stopped publication last year, which is fodder for that Phineas and Ferb joke about something happening twice and it being weird, because Jump X was where Flowers was published and it stopped publication as well, about...2-3 years into its existence, Shounen Magazine Edge a bit longer at 5-6 years
Apr 16, 1:21 AM
Sep 2015
It has a bravery to touch a sensitive topic like Kamikaze and WWII but unfortunately the era of Shaman King is over, it's just over due to the shift in the audience taste over two decades. But it did try its best and go with a bang.
Apr 19, 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
YVS vs. Hao's team's meeting at the inn while Hana is once again transported to another place in the Mini Ashura Hell with Sakurai and his comrades this time, where the Japanese pilots are losing the war with their Zero fighter planes. But a sudden enemy bombardment has them retreating in fear, much less wanting to become war heroes in their own right.

The ambush from Yosuke proving that Sakurai is Hana's guardian spirit, he indeed shot Hana straight on, sending him to the Spirit Realm alongside his other comrades, it's all about love.

This sequel may be cut short leading to Super Star, but even as a sequel, this is underwhelming.
May 6, 3:26 PM

Feb 2012
ffs they really doing WWII was caused by greedy Illuminati god manipulating shit behind the scenes ugh

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 12, 3:08 PM
Oct 2020
In this last episode, Sakurai did what I wanted to do after watching these 13 episodes: shoot Hana in the head.

Besides me not liking the main character, the rest was fine. Maybe it could be better, but according to what I've read in this thread, the source material was even worse...? So, I guess they did the best they could with what they had.

More topics from this board

» I disliked the manga but I'm loving the anime adaptation

BiobulletM - May 9

1 by MrRainBringer »»
May 12, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Shaman King: Flowers Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26

8 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 5, 4:36 PM

Poll: » Shaman King: Flowers Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20

19 by bossunhimeswitch »»
Apr 24, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Shaman King: Flowers Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 30

11 by bossunhimeswitch »»
Apr 23, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Shaman King: Flowers Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19

12 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Apr 20, 9:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.