Anime & Manga News

KyoAni's Next TV Anime 'Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!' Announced

by dtshyk
Jul 6, 2012 6:08 AM | 115 Comments
According to Newtype magazine, Kyoto Animation's new title "Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!" was announced to be a TV anime.

Chuunibyo Anime official website

Staff:
Director: Ishihara Tatsuya
Series Composition: Hanada Jukki
Character Design & General Animation Director: Ikeda Kazumi
Production Studio: Kyoto Animation

Source: Scan of Newtype
Previous topic: KyoAni To Animate Light Novel 'Chuunibyo demo Koi ga Shitai!' (Dec 2011)

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! on MAL

20 of 115 Comments Recent Comments

I'm really looking forward to this. I can already see myself liking both main characters very much ♥

Sep 19, 2012 1:14 AM by hinanami

it's kyoani, then it's a must watch. enough said! :D

Aug 18, 2012 1:19 PM by Aqua_Marine

Holy crap. That preview.

Aug 18, 2012 12:12 AM by Complexity

Bakagami_Taiga said:
the plot says that the mc used to be "Chuunibyou" but what does "Chuunibyou" mean?
I'll quote myself from a few pages back:

Yvese said:
GodlyKyon said:
what does that suppose to mean in the title?

middle-two-sickness/disease???
If you're asking what chuunibyou is, it's commonly defined as a grown person acting like a junior high kid, or someone that indulges in fantasies.

For example, Okarin from Steins;Gate likes to think he's a mad scientist. Kobato from Haganai who portrays herself as the 'mistress of the night'. Kuroneko from Ore no Imouto is another example. A real life example would be a grown up doing naruto hand seals ><

Basically, if you like those character types ( I love them as seen from my profile :P ), then this anime is for you.

Aug 17, 2012 5:01 PM by Yvese

the plot says that the mc used to be "Chuunibyou" but what does "Chuunibyou" mean?

Aug 17, 2012 4:31 PM by Bakagami_Taiga

GIMME 1ST EPISODE ALREADY >.< this looks so goood.KyoAni animation looks just too amazing.
Yvese said:
Dat KyoAni animation! Seriously KyoAni impresses with every new anime. With that level of quality you'd think it was a movie, jesus.

Can't agree more

Aug 10, 2012 9:03 AM by iLostReason

jmal said:
I expect the density of action scenes is significantly higher than it'll be in the show proper, but it looks goddamned amazing regardless. Not that anyone should have expected anything less. I'm in love with Rikka already and even the male protag ought to be pretty amusing (I predict much fun embarrassment as he recalls his chuunibyou past thanks to Rikka). I feel like KyoAni alone in the industry has a consistent track record of likable male leads. Most other studios, with few exceptions, are maybe 50/50 at best for me.

But man, Rikka. She looks like a complete riot. Kobato and Kuroneko are kind of the premiere chuunibyou girls in anime recently, but Rikka looks like she's taking that in an even more delusional and hyperactive direction. Cannot wait.
Agreed.

I absolutely LOVED Kobato and Kuroneko, yet Rikka looks to take that to the next level. Just from the PV I can already tell she'll be one of my new fav characters and that it'll be funny as hell.

Also looks like KyoAni is bringing back some Nichijou facial expressions lol.

Aug 10, 2012 8:33 AM by Yvese

New preview released!



Looks AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dat KyoAni animation! Seriously KyoAni impresses with every new anime. With that level of quality you'd think it was a movie, jesus.

Aug 10, 2012 8:07 AM by Yvese

I will definitely give this anime a chance, mainly because of KyoAni and Ishihara Tatsuya.

Aug 10, 2012 1:45 AM by henecks

A new KyoAni anime! Definitely a must-watch. And the eye patch reminds me of Another.

Jul 24, 2012 4:38 AM by aqesiro

finally...i wait it for years!!!!

Jul 23, 2012 8:12 PM by MegaNanoDeath

A must Watch

Jul 17, 2012 1:13 PM by FlashIzangi

Yvese said:

Either way just judging from that char design, pose and toy gun she's holding I can tell I'm going to love this show.


toy gun? i think its real... since there are bullets around her...

chuunibyo is kyoani's BEST release of this year for sure... it took nearly 6 months+ of planning plus that heavily experienced staffs and then we are yet to know who are the seiyuus too.

LB! maybe the most anticipated anime of the season... but chuunibyo could be a dark horse of the year.

Jul 10, 2012 9:21 AM by TheFactSheet

jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
I can't wait to see this sell like 3k and Little Busters sell like 20k+, just so KyoAni sees they made the wrong choice.

I doubt KyoAni has any expectation of this selling more than Little Busters!. And if you want to make comparisons, you could just as easily say "K-ON! sold like 40k and Little Busters only would have sold like 20k so KyoAni clearly made the right choice". Or you could go back to Nichijou and have said the same thing already... basically, the LB! situation has been years in the making (or non-making), so pinning it specifically on Chuu2Byou seems unfair. It's not as simple as "Oh we'd rather do Chuu2Byou, nothx on LB!."


Interviews with Baba have been posted. Details regarding the production committees have been said and show the other members made more money with K-On! than with any of the Key works, especially Pony Canyon. Despite this, people will still blame Hyouka (a Kadokawa work not involved with Key at all) and Chuunibyou (KyoAni's own work to promote their LN division) for Little Busters.

The simple fact is that K-On! is more to blame than anything else. If it wasn't as successful, then TBS/Pony Canyon would've partnered again with Key. Yet you never see it blamed by fans because these interviews and anime confirmations came out during Hyouka/Chuunibyou's announcements.

Disc sales are important for Chuunibyou, but more important are novel sales. Don't think KyoAni hasn't noticed the sales of K-On!, Haruhi, and even Nichijou rising due to their anime productions. They're hoping to jump-start their LN sales (and especially distribution) due to this series. I feel that's the overall goal of this production.

Jul 10, 2012 9:08 AM by ultimatemegax

kaena said:
with hyouka not selling to haruhi, k-on, and lucky star levels, this one better make it up or kyoani will go down the drain

I doubt every anime they make can be as successful as those 3.

Jul 10, 2012 9:06 AM by Edefrem

I expect Little Busters will be 24-26 episodes at first, and then a 13 episode Refrain down the line.

Jul 10, 2012 9:04 AM by RyanSaotome

TheFactSheet said:
WOW just look at the official site!!! http://www.anime-chu-2.com

hmmm on issue of JC staffs animating little busters!, i have heard from an fellow otaku here in japan that JC staffs have shifted 40% of their animators on LB! while leaving the other 60% to work on sakurasou and joshiraku or any other title they plan on animating...

so on the issue of quality? i think LB! with JC staffs will do fine... but, KYOANI have history of animating some ignored manga or light novels and succeed... so on the issue of if chuunibyo will fare ware against LB!? also good... and, most fans this days dont stick well with long run anime... just like naruto... good on the first batch of episodes but it got retarded after... and now, those who are sticking with the current naruto that has 350+ eps are tagged NARUTARDS < (crunchyroll.com knows this well since i think they are the one who coined the word)... little busters! may suffer that problem unless it will be cut to 24 eps per season... kinda like clannad after story... "do the other part later on" style.
Did they update it? That page was red last time :o

Either way just judging from that char design, pose and toy gun she's holding I can tell I'm going to love this show.

Jul 10, 2012 8:56 AM by Yvese

WOW just look at the official site!!! http://www.anime-chu-2.com

hmmm on issue of JC staffs animating little busters!, i have heard from an fellow otaku here in japan that JC staffs have shifted 40% of their animators on LB! while leaving the other 60% to work on sakurasou and joshiraku or any other title they plan on animating...

so on the issue of quality? i think LB! with JC staffs will do fine... but, KYOANI have history of animating some ignored manga or light novels and succeed... so on the issue of if chuunibyo will fare ware against LB!? also good... and, most fans this days dont stick well with long run anime... just like naruto... good on the first batch of episodes but it got retarded after... and now, those who are sticking with the current naruto that has 350+ eps are tagged NARUTARDS < (crunchyroll.com knows this well since i think they are the one who coined the word)... little busters! may suffer that problem unless it will be cut to 24 eps per season... kinda like clannad then clannad after story after some months... AKA "do the other part later on" style.

Jul 10, 2012 8:53 AM by TheFactSheet

RyanSaotome said:
I can't wait to see this sell like 3k and Little Busters sell like 20k+, just so KyoAni sees they made the wrong choice.
I highly doubt this will sell that low. That would put it at nichijou territory which isn't exactly a fair comparison since Nichijou was a pretty niche title.

Considering Hyouka sold 9k first vol and is likely to average 7.5k, I'd expect this show to sell over 10k considering it's aimed more toward otakus. We'll see once more info is released and the first ep airs. Worst case scenario, it sells the same as Hyouka.

Also I explained above why KyoAni likely didn't do LB. I blame Key for not pitching the anime to KyoAni sooner and/or waiting for them to free up their schedule.

Oh and there's always Rewrite :p. Maybe even a Little Busters (2016 ) if J.C staff butchers it somehow lol.

Jul 10, 2012 8:52 AM by Yvese

I can't wait to see this sell like 3k and Little Busters sell like 20k+, just so KyoAni sees they made the wrong choice.

Jul 10, 2012 7:48 AM by RyanSaotome

Related Database Entries