Forum Settings
Forums

An anime that makes you bitter or salty because of a waste of potential.

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 8, 2022 6:24 PM

Jun 2019
- Another (Despicable how carefully they cultivated a proper modern Gothic horror atmosphere in every episode all throughout its first half only to defecate all over the work in its second half by turning it into a rushed and speedrun, cheesy splatterfest like any generic 1980s American live action D movie schlock of a slasher flick with a bunch of no-name nobodies dying left and right, which you couldn't care less about because most die before you even know or feel the importance of their name and presence to any significant degree whatsoever. I can and semi-regretfully have watched a bunch of crappy 80s, 90s, 2000s, etc. Hollywood American productions like this so no need to see it proliferate in the anime-verse)
- Babylon
- Umineko no Naku Koro ni
- Satsuriku no Tenshi
- Spice & Wolf
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Sakamichi no Apollon
- Black Lagoon (to some extent - not as extreme as the others as I still like and rate the overall series more highly than all others mentioned, but I don't care for how episodic it becomes in season two specifically from what could have been one of the most compelling stories of all time if there was a radical reprioritization of what was valued in the story from the writers/creative staff)
- Terra Formars
- Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
- Those Snow White Notes
- Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song
- Ousama Ranking
- Death Note (Dropped)
- Claymore (Dropped)
- Monster (Dropped)
- Yakusoku no Neverland, obviously "no duh" (season two almost entirely, although I did find season one to be as a whole good and promising, but also still overrated)
- Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic (I found one season to be enough)
- Ascendance of a Bookworm (premise is great, first season is good, second season is okay and a step down, third season is another step down from that and getting less okay in its direction/focus and pacing)
- Higehiro (Infuriating really)
- The World Ends with You - The Animation
- Vanitas no Carte
Dec 8, 2022 6:31 PM
Feb 2022
lelouch4britanni said:
Kdog1998 said:
I think there are a lot of series like that, but Charolette is probably the first one I think of because I believe if they either made it a 24-episode anime or gave it a second season it would have had a much better ending than it did as it would not have been rushed like it was in the anime.
I don't know why people say Charlotte is rushed.. I didn't feel it tbh and its one of my favourite anime ever

Yeah, it is one of my favorites too, but I personally believed only the ending was rushed however overall, I think the anime was paced pretty well in my opinion.
Dec 8, 2022 6:43 PM
SuperEdgeLordGod

Feb 2014
after review, despite the many options, to name ONLY one, I shall name The Flowers of Evil. Everyone who read it to the end will agree
“When people see some things as beautiful, other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good, other things become bad.”
Dec 8, 2022 6:51 PM

Oct 2012
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers as I saw someone said above... why did it not get a second season?!
Umineko... I wanted to like that show so much, it had so much potential but it fell flat for me and made me frustrated with how it ends. (maybe the VN is better who knows..)
Danganrompa, The games are great but the Anime fell short.. it could have been such a great series if they had actually put some budget into that show and better writing for the adaptation.
Fate stay, the way that show looks is amazing but personally... I know this is an uncommon opinion but the writing for that show is SO bland to me.
Oreimo Season 2... the ending made that entire season pointless.........
SAO after the GGO Arc
Dec 8, 2022 7:01 PM
Oct 2019
Promare

This movie starts off with a fascinating concept that seeks to explore prejudice in a unique way while also having some kick ass action. The end turns into a lazy cop out with a lazy villain so they can have this big ass mecha fight. The potential really was there, to me it was a massive let down
Dec 8, 2022 7:28 PM

Oct 2017
Loddoss War has a really nice art style and I actually do enjoy classic DnD like fantasy when it has depth and done well instead of being the most boring stereotypical story imaginable.
Dec 8, 2022 10:40 PM
Jan 2021
Kdog1998 said:
lelouch4britanni said:
I don't know why people say Charlotte is rushed.. I didn't feel it tbh and its one of my favourite anime ever

Yeah, it is one of my favorites too, but I personally believed only the ending was rushed however overall, I think the anime was paced pretty well in my opinion.
with the amount of content left towards the end, if it was 24 episodes it would be extremely slow paced.. Maybe 15 or 16 episodes. Or even a movie after would have been better
Dec 8, 2022 10:52 PM
Oct 2019
Sword Art Online, had me at the first half ngl
Dec 9, 2022 2:44 AM

Nov 2022
Goblin Slayer and Sora no Otoshimono would be better if they would be just MC and main girl. Sakurai and Ikaros, Goblin Slayer and Priestess.

Other characters in the crew are kind of bad and not likable: Elf girl, Sohara, Mikako. It would be better without them. They spoil the show.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Dec 9, 2022 2:53 AM
Jul 2022
Attack on titan. After that horrible ending.....
Dec 9, 2022 3:04 AM

Apr 2012
IBN5100_ said:

I've often heard that the ending is bad, but I don't really understand why people think it ruins the story. Could you explain under spoilers how you personally see it yourself?
Dec 9, 2022 5:46 AM
Jul 2022
RobertBobert said:
IBN5100_ said:

I've often heard that the ending is bad, but I don't really understand why people think it ruins the story. Could you explain under spoilers how you personally see it yourself?
They ruined the characters, ruined the writing and made a mess of the mc.

They tried to even justify genocide like as if it is okay to murder millions of people for the sake of your friends. It just makes no sense.
Dec 9, 2022 6:37 AM

Apr 2012
IBN5100_ said:
RobertBobert said:

They ruined the characters, ruined the writing and made a mess of the mc.

They tried to even justify genocide like as if it is okay to murder millions of people for the sake of your friends. It just makes no sense.

So, is this basically a violation of the logic of the plot, its ideas and the personalities of the characters?
Dec 9, 2022 7:54 AM
Feb 2022
lelouch4britanni said:
Kdog1998 said:

with the amount of content left towards the end, if it was 24 episodes it would be extremely slow paced.. Maybe 15 or 16 episodes. Or even a movie after would have been better

Yeah, that is probably true either more episodes or a movie would have been more realistic, and I think if either were to have happened the ending would have been better.
Dec 9, 2022 8:04 AM

Jun 2015
fairytail. the answer is always fairytail. worst failure at living up to potential
Dec 9, 2022 8:19 AM

Apr 2012
KuroudoAkabane said:
fairytail. the answer is always fairytail. worst failure at living up to potential

Why do you think so? I heard it's a pretty bland show in terms of plot.
Dec 9, 2022 9:33 AM

May 2020
RobertBobert said:
So, is this basically a violation of the logic of the plot, its ideas and the personalities of the characters?

Yeah it ruined a lot of what was established about the plot and most importantly it destroyed Eren's character, there's a reason why many fans can't take his character seriously anymore! Hopefully the anime will change the ending but I doubt it will

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Dec 9, 2022 9:49 AM

Apr 2012
Joshhhp said:
RobertBobert said:

Yeah it ruined a lot of what was established about the plot and most importantly it destroyed Eren's character, there's a reason why many fans can't take his character seriously anymore! Hopefully the anime will change the ending but I doubt it will

I'm going to start the second season soon. At what point does it start to fall apart?
Dec 9, 2022 9:57 AM

Jul 2021
Nanbaka, they did way too much. They should have just kept it as a comedy instead of trying to make it so dramatic.
Dec 9, 2022 10:46 AM

May 2020
RobertBobert said:
Joshhhp said:

I'm going to start the second season soon. At what point does it start to fall apart?

Well the very final chapter is what many people agree it made the series fall apart, for me personally it does start to fall after the events of the final season Part I

Dec 9, 2022 10:47 AM

Apr 2012
Joshhhp said:
RobertBobert said:

Well the very final chapter is what many people agree it made the series fall apart, for me personally it does start to fall after the events of the final season Part I

So, anyway, the main problems start after the final season?
Dec 9, 2022 11:05 AM

May 2020
RobertBobert said:

The show slowly gets worse during the final season with the story and then there's the end that just ruins everything that happens in the series

Dec 9, 2022 11:07 AM

Apr 2012
Joshhhp said:
RobertBobert said:

The show slowly gets worse during the final season with the story and then there's the end that just ruins everything that happens in the series

Well, if I remember correctly, they promised some extra scenes to play down the fact that most people are familiar with the manga and have already seen the end of it.
Dec 9, 2022 11:33 AM

May 2020
RobertBobert said:
Well, if I remember correctly, they promised some extra scenes to play down the fact that most people are familiar with the manga and have already seen the end of it.

Really?! I never heard of this promise but if it's true then I guess it's a good thing

Dec 9, 2022 9:45 PM
Dec 2022
Ludwig_Anarcheon said:
SAO, Great idea but made no sense after 7-8 ep

I'm going to have to agree here. Such a good concept but it just ended up being very disappointing
Dec 9, 2022 10:03 PM

Oct 2018
WataMote, I really enjoyed the first season a lot for it's awkward hilariousness, but right when they were starting to introduce some characters for her to finally start interacting with the anime just abruptly ended. There were no followup seasons adapting more of the ongoing manga, it was really frustrating that it ended so abruptly, because it seemed to be hinting at new characters and plot turns to come.
Dec 9, 2022 10:21 PM
Sep 2017
Violet Evergarden plot was kinda wasted.

Spoilers:

Gilbert should have stayed dead. It kinda ruined all the things Violet did to move on from his death.
NotTrying2BLazyDec 9, 2022 10:50 PM

Dec 9, 2022 10:40 PM

Oct 2021
kimetsu no yaiba had a great pilot and thought it would be good but turned out to be really boring because writer just wanted to play safe.
takt op destiny had a great idea but it became bad because of lifeless characters and bad script
Dec 10, 2022 1:55 PM

Feb 2022
Death note - not a great fan of later part of the show.

No game no life - premise, animation and art style was good but mc didn't click for me and as usual all side charector because his puppet as in any other isekai anime.

My sister my writer - last few episodes were bad, and i think eromanga sensei was far better that this.

Sasami san ganbaranai - start was slow but watchable and mid part hit hard and some really good scenes but ending, ending was was weak, still watchable but weak. I know this have very low rating but I still enjoyed it till 7-8 episodes because it had some specific thing that I was looking for.

Testament of sister New devil - show starting was good but as show goes the MC looked bland. I like the side character more than the MC. Another MC born with strongest power in the universe.

Chivalry of a failed knight - great premise, good start, but show turned into another harem and i didn't click with the MC and at the ending i was rooting for the MC competitor.

Irregular at the magic high school - it would have been better if every person on the planet don't treatment him like a god. I couldn't watch after first season
[/url]
Dec 10, 2022 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
Can you name an anime or manga that, in your opinion, had great potential and even in theory could be your favorite work, but it either wasted its potential for some reason, or ruined it due to bad author's decisions or intentions? Do you find understanding among other fans of these works?

At first glance, Code Geass seems to have a lot of the same elements as many other shows I like, and it could have been great if it went in one of two ways:
1) Completely batshit insane, style over substance a la Gurren Lagann or
2) Mostly serious, focused on its psychological and political aspects,while also avoiding some of the more contrived ("kill all the japanese") or stupid (most of the school scenes) stuff.
Sadly, it tries to do a lot of things at once, so it just ended up being a nonsensical yet melodramatic mess.
removed-userDec 10, 2022 2:17 PM
Dec 13, 2022 7:53 PM

Aug 2017
RobertBobert said:
Mugglus said:

Episode 7 and 9 were two of the best episodes.

Do you recommend watching the show?

i'm not playing the devil advocate here, but no, unless you want to learn how to create bad character
Dec 13, 2022 8:51 PM
Dec 2018
Tokyo ghoul for sure was A Waste of Potential.
Dec 15, 2022 12:52 AM

Apr 2012
corysakti said:
RobertBobert said:

Do you recommend watching the show?

i'm not playing the devil advocate here, but no, unless you want to learn how to create bad character

I don't get it, do you love or hate the show?
Dec 20, 2022 12:54 PM

Apr 2020
I don’t think I‘m the only one who thinks this, but the second season of the Promised Neverland was an insult to it‘s original story in the manga. It was incredibly rushed, and STILL somehow managed to keep aspects of the story from the manga that were unimportant or didn’t end up driving the story forward. They completely cut out what could have been the stories BEST arc (R.I.P. Goldypond) but kept in 2 episodes of the characters pointlessly wandering a forest. Just….. Why?

I was so excited for the second season, an I think this was the worst disappointed I‘ve ever felt from a show where I had high expectations.

Since they decided to rush the story in so many places and handle the passing of time with poorly executed time-skips, there was also the issue of the characters not seeming to grow.

(SPOILER FOR THE MANGA AND ANIME ! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!)

A thing I found sad in a ‚I-don’t-know-wether-to-laugh-or-cry-way, was that, because the kids didn’t seem to grow or mature (The manga had the same Time-axe, but the artstyle changed to make the kids seem more mature) I couldn’t take them seriously anymore.

This was especially bad in Normans case.

The dude is talking about eliminating the demons and destroying their society, and while that was a horrible thing to witness in the manga, because Norman seemed so mature, done, broken and vengeful……….

I COULDN‘T TAKE HIS ANIME-SELF SERIOUSLY BECAUSE HE STILL HAD HIS STUPID BABY-FACE!!!!!

It was PAINFUL to watch the second season, and I‘m STILL trying to get my boyfriend (we watched both seasons together as they aired. One episode each week) to read the manga, just so he can see what could have been…..
Dec 20, 2022 2:53 PM
Nov 2016
Wonder Egg Priority upset me greatly with how awful it veered off/how it didn't subvert some of the issues it was trying to address. Sword Art Online I found exasperating since the subject had been done already and it still was pretty basic imho (maybe I was spoiled by growing up with .hack and reading a lot of scifi though)
Dec 20, 2022 4:28 PM

Jul 2021
I have recently finished Monster, and I'm mad.
There is a lot of good things about the show, the character arcs of some of the side characters are awesome. (Eva is best girl, don't @ me)
But some others are kind of pointless, and don't really build up to anything, just slow the already slow pacing even more.
And the main characters, and the core plot falls so flat...
Tenma is just a preachy anime protagonist.
Nina spends half the anime fainted.
And Johan doesn't have enough screen time to really be a real character!
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Dec 20, 2022 5:13 PM

Aug 2020
Maison Ikkoku. Currently 26 eps in and it irks me the most with its teases and stuff like "sike, it's a misunderstanding!" or the mc fantasizing and then hitting things.
JaniSIr said:
There is a lot of good things about the show, the character arcs of some of the side characters are awesome. (Eva is best girl, don't @ me)
But some others are kind of pointless, and don't really build up to anything, just slow the already slow pacing even more.
well they just expand the show's themes of being humane i see nothing wrong with that.

JaniSIr said:
how is he preachy?

JaniSIr said:

JaniSIr said:
i thought that's what makes him stand out above 99% of all anime characters. Minimal screentime yet has some of the best writings out there.
Dec 20, 2022 5:22 PM
Sep 2017
RobertBobert said:
Joshhhp said:

The final season starts strong then slowly gets worse. Leading to the dogshit that is the final 12 chapters. Some will try to say only the final chapter was bad, but during that final stretch there was only 1 good chapter. Made Game of Thrones season 8 look like greatest of all time.
Dec 20, 2022 5:59 PM

Jul 2021
TRC_Randy said:
Maison Ikkoku. Currently 26 eps in and it irks me the most with its teases and stuff like "sike, it's a misunderstanding!" or the mc fantasizing and then hitting things.
JaniSIr said:
well they just expand the show's themes of being humane i see nothing wrong with that.

JaniSIr said:
how is he preachy?

JaniSIr said:

JaniSIr said:
i thought that's what makes him stand out above 99% of all anime characters. Minimal screentime yet has some of the best writings out there.

Ugh, I was thinking of starting that anime, but I guess I'll need to find my fill of trashy romance elsewhere.

I suppose all the best parts came out of the side content, so I could forgive some not so great side plots, if I wasn't mad about the core plot not being developed well enough.

Well, he is basically portrayed as the ultimate morally good character, and he talks quite a lot about not killing anyone while actively trying to kill Johan...

That's the thing though, he has no writing. He is hyped up as this eldritch monster, like if he were Cthulhu or something, but in practice we see almost nothing of that.

And much of his plans just come down to having hired goons do his dirty work, so the master manipulator title people gave him is kind of undeserved.
He is also supposedly smart, but in practice he just has the knowledge of the author, since we never get to know his way of thinking.
Dec 20, 2022 8:05 PM

Aug 2020
JaniSIr said:
TRC_Randy said:

how is he preachy?

Ugh, I was thinking of starting that anime, but I guess I'll need to find my fill of trashy romance elsewhere.

I suppose all the best parts came out of the side content, so I could forgive some not so great side plots, if I wasn't mad about the core plot not being developed well enough.

Well, he is basically portrayed as the ultimate morally good character,
if you think Monster (or in this case Tenma's character) is about morality then you're mistaken. It's about human nature with Tenma being the good human side by valuing human lives/not killing people and Johan the opposite "Monster" side. Now, are they the ABSOLUTE representations of each side? NO. Tenma has his own Monster when he
and Johan with his humanity when he
That's the main theme of the show.

JaniSIr said:
and he talks quite a lot about not killing anyone while actively trying to kill Johan..
that's literally his character's conflict that he can't shake off the guilt of being the one saving Johan which lead to all those serial killings but at the same time can't violate his no-kill principle and the story gives the solution to that at the very end which i'll explain.

JaniSIr said:
bcoz he's the hero of the story and is trying to prevent someone from stepping into the villain's rabbit hole?

JaniSIr said:
and that's the solution.
Btw, fate and parental love are another important elements of the show which gives even that random character a reason for why it happened but i'll stop there for now.

JaniSIr said:
um, she's like the biggest victim of trauma in the whole show. What's the issue? Look i know you (and others) might've been irritated by how she's portrayed but i don't think you can deny the fact she's well-written.

JaniSIr said:
That's the thing though, he has no writing.
oh no, HE HAS. This is a common thing among people who complained about Monster that they missed what the show's trying to say and mostly surrounding Johan's true motives. Not sure if you've seen it but this video covers a lot of that

And i'm not saying this for nothing. Just watch it first and then i'll respond to your further doubts if any.

And finally, Monster isn't an anime about characters talking people into knowingly/unknowingly doing things in their favour. It simply doesn't do that. The same way you can't say Death Note and Code Geass having too much "WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?" moments as a valid criticism. Also, for the record i myself don't think Johan is a "best manipulator" material character tbw as the vast majority of those he has manipulated are all people with unstable minds.
Dec 20, 2022 8:43 PM

Jan 2020
AoButa had potential for me to give it a 8+ but I felt they rushed it too much to make it fit in 12 episodes. The first three were fine but the rest of the anime needed at least a series of 20 chapters. I haven't read the novel but I feel like that.

Another case would be Ryokunohara Meikyuu, they had 40 minutes but they still wasted like 30% of the time in useless transitions. The story's premise is interesting but it was terribly executed.

Finally the case that frustrates me the most: although I really like the Haruhi Franchise, Endless Eight could have been put in only one chapter just like it appears in the novel, and adapt Disappearance arc into the 2nd season. The movie is 161m, that could have been adapted in the 7 chapters of 23 minutes each, opening and ending would take time but the movie itself added stuff that didn't appear in the novel so it would be still a great adaptation without losing much.

MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Dec 21, 2022 2:18 AM
Nov 2020
I feel this way with Shinobi No Ittoki. The ninja school setting was useless when the meat of the plot is the political issues of the Koga and Iga clan. Battle school or magic school types of shows usually have some tournament but nothing of the sort happens nor does it ever become relevant plot wise. The show could have focused more on and fleshed out the political intrigue instead of lame school setting where MC always gets his ass kicked. A lot of the side characters could have been more fleshed out and the last leg wouldn't feel so rushed if this was a 24 episode series.
Dec 21, 2022 3:39 AM
Apr 2021
Usagi drop in manga and Tokyo ghoul/ Promise Neverland season 2
Dec 21, 2022 6:14 AM

Jul 2021
TRC_Randy said:
JaniSIr said:

Well, he is basically portrayed as the ultimate morally good character,
if you think Monster (or in this case Tenma's character) is about morality then you're mistaken. It's about human nature with Tenma being the good human side by valuing human lives/not killing people and Johan the opposite "Monster" side. Now, are they the ABSOLUTE representations of each side? NO. Tenma has his own Monster when he
and Johan with his humanity when he
That's the main theme of the show.

JaniSIr said:
and he talks quite a lot about not killing anyone while actively trying to kill Johan..
that's literally his character's conflict that he can't shake off the guilt of being the one saving Johan which lead to all those serial killings but at the same time can't violate his no-kill principle and the story gives the solution to that at the very end which i'll explain.

JaniSIr said:
bcoz he's the hero of the story and is trying to prevent someone from stepping into the villain's rabbit hole?

JaniSIr said:
and that's the solution.
Btw, fate and parental love are another important elements of the show which gives even that random character a reason for why it happened but i'll stop there for now.

JaniSIr said:
um, she's like the biggest victim of trauma in the whole show. What's the issue? Look i know you (and others) might've been irritated by how she's portrayed but i don't think you can deny the fact she's well-written.

JaniSIr said:
That's the thing though, he has no writing.
oh no, HE HAS. This is a common thing among people who complained about Monster that they missed what the show's trying to say and mostly surrounding Johan's true motives. Not sure if you've seen it but this video covers a lot of that

And i'm not saying this for nothing. Just watch it first and then i'll respond to your further doubts if any.

And finally, Monster isn't an anime about characters talking people into knowingly/unknowingly doing things in their favour. It simply doesn't do that. The same way you can't say Death Note and Code Geass having too much "WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?" moments as a valid criticism. Also, for the record i myself don't think Johan is a "best manipulator" material character tbw as the vast majority of those he has manipulated are all people with unstable minds.

I don't see how "human vs monster" would be so much different from "good vs bad".
Also that's really just nitpicking, Tenma being angry and saying something he regretted a minute later doesn't really make a dent on his otherwise "flawless" personality.
And by flawless I mean morality on the intention based sense, not accounting for the consequences. Because if you think about it, that was the action that allowed him to save the most lives in the story: working in a hospital for 10 years.

And if that out of context line about a TV show, that a character, who wasn't even even on screen at the same time as Johan, is the solution to the story, that's just sad. No wonder people didn't pick up on that, because neither should have the characters in the story.

Nina was a good character at the beginning, but then she basically lost her own will, and turned into a flashback machine.
And speaking of useless recurring character, Dieter didn't do anything past the Turkish district arc either...

That video reminded me why I hate people over analyzing things. Telling how you should feel about certain scenes can ruin the experience, even retroactively. And that's true even when you agree with them, and some of these video essays are really far fetched. I've once watched one, where the guy turned the Amigara fault manga into a metaphor for the horror of growing up and getting a job.

And that last bit about Johan being the master manipulator, please write that up to the anime community for false advertising and overhyping.
Dec 21, 2022 9:42 PM

Aug 2011
Witch Hunter Robin had an interesting premise and character design but the plotline fell flat around the last 7-9 eps....
desu desu binches
Dec 21, 2022 10:18 PM

May 2021
Sword Art Online and Classroom of the Elite.

Dec 21, 2022 10:41 PM

Apr 2020
dumbandinsane said:
ngl chainsawman it has potential but ruined by boredness
Glad I'm not the only one who thought it was too slow/boring at the start.
Rinrinka said:
Nothing like salty or bitter, just kinda disappointed whenever I encounter wasted potential anime, like Fairy Tail for example. The concept is pretty good but the execution could have been 100x better, too bad.
I feel like the potential shined through the most in Fairy Tail (2014) with the Grand Magic Games, but everything else tends to be painfully mediocre. 
Dec 21, 2022 10:53 PM

Oct 2013
Scavendgarr said:
Kimetsu no yaiba have a potential, too bad it's just a bleach bootleg.

Well, some might say "Bleach is good, but damn, why it had to feel like Saint Seiya with swords?", due to how it was influenced by Masami Kurumada's manga and how Tite Kubo is a fan of Saint Seiya in general. ;p Newer works of art will always be inspired by previous ones, this way or another, more or less.

About OP's question, I think I'd go with Saintia Sho anime. It had great potential to be something really cool; a fine mix of shounen and mahou shoujo themes. Too bad its anime adaptation was well... underwhelming, to put it in diplomatic way, haha. Most of fans agree that the anime simply was bad, both as an adaptation of source material, and a show in general.
Dec 21, 2022 11:14 PM
Mar 2017
Re:Creators will always remind of so much wasted potential. Really good and interesting character designs, decent animation, plot seemed good on paper and felt creative at first. As new episodes went by everything started to fell apart and ended up being a mess. Not many people remember that show anyway and cant blame them, but it left me with a bad aftertaste when i finished it and even if i have forgotten many details about the anime i will always remember how mediocre it was.
Dec 22, 2022 1:03 AM

Aug 2020
JaniSIr said:
I don't see how "human vs monster" would be so much different from "good vs bad".
still different. I mean "good vs bad" is a general term. "Morality" and "human nature" are two distinct more refined versions of it the same with asking "is 120 IQ considered genius?" is fundamentally different to "what are the different levels of human intelligence?".

JaniSIr said:
Also that's really just nitpicking,
no it ain't. The point i raised was "is Tenma  the ABSOLUTE representation of human nature that values lives?" which he isn't proven by his rage (unless you don't know what "absolute" means). In other words it's NOT nitpicking. You simply missed the point i was tryna say.

JaniSIr said:
bruh, the guy was on edge, mentally unstable after all that's happened. Why on earth would you expect him to make rational properly calculated decisions? It's a bloody "PSYCHOLOGICAL" story man. It's ridiculous if you didn't realize that.

JaniSIr said:
the video i gave addresses that as well but seems like you didn't even watch it.

JaniSIr said:
boring is more of an innate thing that depends on each person but to say he's static is outright wrong. The fact that Tenma
He also grew more hair and started having facial hair and stuff which he didn't earlier.

JaniSIr said:
umm, he was SHOCKED...

JaniSIr said:
Nina was a good character at the beginning, but then she basically lost her own will, and turned into a flashback machine.
wrong again. She simply began

JaniSIr said:
And speaking of useless recurring character, Dieter didn't do anything past the Turkish district arc either...
oh he DID sth. In

JaniSIr said:
That video reminded me why I hate people over analyzing things.
please address the contents specifically in the video first before making any conclusions. Saying "i hate people over analyzing things" doesn't prove jack. If that's the case I can say the exact same thing to you too; you're UNDER analyzing things.

JaniSIr said:
And that last bit about Johan being the master manipulator, please write that up to the anime community for false advertising and overhyping.
why me? Just do it yourself. Or at least be the first man and i'll follow. Besides, you can blame them for that but you also have to blame YOURSELF for believing it.
TRC_RandyDec 22, 2022 1:07 AM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is the word "disney" plot or story a valid criticism?

deg - 10 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » bad ending means a bad show?

deg - 56 minutes ago

12 by Catalano »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Why is Japan Afraid of Realism in Anime? ( 1 2 )

TheSunLife - Sep 23

62 by JoeChip »»
12 minutes ago

» What are old anime that won't be made today

Kirika_Madeleine - 3 hours ago

17 by 61969 »»
13 minutes ago

» What makes a waifu waifu?

SgtBateMan - 7 hours ago

12 by Serafos »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.