Forum Settings
Forums

'Arknights: Reimei Zensou' Unveils Additional Cast [Update 10/23]

New
Oct 14, 2022 10:45 AM
News Team
Aug 2019

The official website of the Arknights: Reimei Zensou (Arknights Animation: Prelude to Dawn) television anime unveiled three additional cast and seven character visuals (pictured above) on Friday. The anime is scheduled to broadcast on October 29 at 1:23 a.m. on TV Tokyo, followed by TV Osaka, BS11, and Animax.

Cast
Wei Yenwu: Kouichi Yamadera (Dragon Ball Super)
Medic: Momo Asakura (Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden)
Guard: Chiaki Kobayashi (Tomodachi Game)

Yuuki Watanabe (Mob Psycho 100 II key animation) is directing the action fantasy anime at Yostar Pictures, with assistant director Masataka Nishikawa (SSSS.Dynazenon animation director). Aya Takafuji (Blue Archive) is designing the characters, and Yuuki Hayashi (Boku no Hero Academia) is composing the music.

The action television anime is based on Hypergryph's Arknights smartphone game, which was released in May 2019 in China and other countries the following year. Hypergryph announced a spin-off game, Arknights: Endfield, for PC and mobile in March 2022.

Source: Comic Natalie

Update October 23
The official website of the Arknights: Reimei Zensou (Arknights Animation: Prelude to Dawn) revealed supporting cast members and a second promo on Sunday.

Cast
Crownslayer: Sayaka Senbongi (Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken)
Mephisto: Kouhei Amasaki (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)
Faust: Shun Horie (Kanojo, Okarishimasu)
Talulah: Maaya Sakamoto (Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei)
W: Ayana Taketatsu (Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e)
Misha: Satsumi Matsuda (Kageki Shoujo!!)
Skullshatterer: Risae Matsuda (Yuru Camp△)

PV 2

Source: Official site
Hyperion_PSOct 23, 2022 9:26 AM
Oct 14, 2022 11:49 AM

Feb 2020
amazing - they gonna keep Medic and Guard's names as is.

Ace just looks a little funky but maybe thats cuz of the KV. looking forward to the anime!
Oct 14, 2022 12:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This better be good for all the hype that this has
Oct 14, 2022 12:57 PM

Apr 2012
Is there any reason for putting two girls on the posters other than some interesting dynamics or pairings?
Oct 14, 2022 4:43 PM

Feb 2020
RobertBobert said:
Is there any reason for putting two girls on the posters other than some interesting dynamics or pairings?

depending on where you hear about 'em, each of the pair of women on the posters are either colleagues, comrades, friends, really good friends, or are in a romantic relationship... except Kal'tsit and Amiya. they're more like family.

ahem. The real answer is that they represent (or are the most prominent characters of) different branches of companies in Terra (the world)
Oct 14, 2022 4:51 PM

Apr 2012
Boazanian said:
RobertBobert said:

depending on where you hear about 'em, each of the pair of women on the posters are either colleagues, comrades, friends, really good friends, or are in a romantic relationship... except Kal'tsit and Amiya. they're more like family.

ahem. The real answer is that they represent (or are the most prominent characters of) different branches of companies in Terra (the world)

Well, I know very well how it works, I'm just wondering if there's more to it than just interesting dynamics or fanservice. For example, common factions or plot connection. As far as ships go, from what I've heard, this game has the same publisher as Azur Lane and doesn't differ much from it in terms of character relationships.
Oct 14, 2022 6:03 PM

Feb 2020
RobertBobert said:
Boazanian said:

Well, I know very well how it works, I'm just wondering if there's more to it than just interesting dynamics or fanservice. For example, common factions or plot connection. As far as ships go, from what I've heard, this game has the same publisher as Azur Lane and doesn't differ much from it in terms of character relationships.

Besides the main 3 characters of Rhodes Island, Ch'en and Wei Yenwu are going to be pretty important in the story, specifically the Reunion arc. and yeah thats pretty much it. About half of these ppl on the posters aren't going to be too relevant after the first few chapters of the game - and Yostar seems to be adapting only that much for the 1st season - so this anime should be covering most or all of their screen-time
Oct 14, 2022 6:15 PM

Apr 2012
Boazanian said:
RobertBobert said:

Besides the main 3 characters of Rhodes Island, Ch'en and Wei Yenwu are going to be pretty important in the story, specifically the Reunion arc. and yeah thats pretty much it. About half of these ppl on the posters aren't going to be too relevant after the first few chapters of the game - and Yostar seems to be adapting only that much for the 1st season - so this anime should be covering most or all of their screen-time

Well, I'm already glad they kept the MC instead of the set of dubious decisions that the Azur Lane adaptation got.
Oct 14, 2022 6:20 PM

Feb 2020
RobertBobert said:
Boazanian said:

Well, I'm already glad they kept the MC instead of the set of dubious decisions that the Azur Lane adaptation got.

im not familiar with the AL anime, but in Arknights there's absolutely no way they can just write off the MC unless they were adapting the cooking manga or something else lol

and the decision to make an androgynous MC is pretty cool. Can cater to 2 sides without things getting toxic
Oct 14, 2022 6:26 PM

Apr 2012
Boazanian said:
RobertBobert said:

im not familiar with the AL anime, but in Arknights there's absolutely no way they can just write off the MC unless they were adapting the cooking manga or something else lol

and the decision to make an androgynous MC is pretty cool. Can cater to 2 sides without things getting toxic

Well, they just removed the Shikikan from the story, drastically sexualized the characters' relationship, and at the end just announced one of the main girls as the new Shikikan. Imagine if the Genshin adaptation removes the Traveler and then at the end they tell you that Paimon is the new Traveler.

Yes, in this situation it was the best decision. Although a fairly noticeable number of people mistakenly believed that the Doctor in the anime was a woman.
Oct 14, 2022 6:38 PM

Feb 2020
RobertBobert said:
Boazanian said:

Well, they just removed the Shikikan from the story, drastically sexualized the characters' relationship, and at the end just announced one of the main girls as the new Shikikan. Imagine if the Genshin adaptation removes the Traveler and then at the end they tell you that Paimon is the new Traveler.

Yes, in this situation it was the best decision. Although a fairly noticeable number of people mistakenly believed that the Doctor in the anime was a woman.

dang, that's quite the adaptation huh. well thank goodness Yostar is behind the adaptation of Arknights then

i can see how Doctor's voice may be misleading, but even Hai Mao understands that the Doctor's identity is up to the viewers. ppl can believe Doctor is a woman but it shouldnt be fact
Oct 14, 2022 6:42 PM

Apr 2012
Boazanian said:
RobertBobert said:

dang, that's quite the adaptation huh. well thank goodness Yostar is behind the adaptation of Arknights then

i can see how Doctor's voice may be misleading, but even Hai Mao understands that the Doctor's identity is up to the viewers. ppl can believe Doctor is a woman but it shouldnt be fact

Now I wonder which path it will take next. Like in IDOLMASTER, where the characters will stop flowing from your gaze, or like in KanColle, where they still idolize you.
Oct 15, 2022 2:02 AM

Apr 2022
Tokoya said:

Chinese gacha anime are always mid at best and never work out. Mostly because they can't translate the games "soul" into the anime or because you see how crap the story was in the first place. After AL aired they said fuck it and made a studio for their new projects but I'm not holding my breath. This will be edgy trash just like the game.

Oh wait. Slow Ahead was fine since it was a slice of life 4koma. Queen's Orders never ever.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Oct 15, 2022 8:37 AM

May 2018
Tokoya said:

This game was hyped? To be honest, gacha games never have good story. Not even F/Go.
Oct 15, 2022 6:56 PM

Nov 2014
Papa_Scorch said:
Tokoya said:

This game was hyped? To be honest, gacha games never have good story. Not even F/Go.

Well, if we're talking about the game itself, then yeah it did get a lot a of hype back when it was first released. The anime tho? Very little hype which may actually help with the expections.
Oct 15, 2022 9:18 PM

Jul 2013
As a fan of the game everything looks quite good so far. And as it is the one Gacha game that doesn't have a ton of sexual fanservice or fetishy stuff I am really glad they seem to have kept that style.
Oct 17, 2022 2:34 PM

Feb 2015
will they show the reroll process of MC-kun desperately trying to be awake for 20 hrs while having 5 simul-emus running just to get his waifus? Oh wait....

Papa_Scorch said:
Tokoya said:

because you're not suppose to watch the anime adaptation of FGO universe, you're suppose to read the doujinshis.... smh anon-chan, you are not based gigachad.
Oct 23, 2022 9:28 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
News Update
The official website of the Arknights: Reimei Zensou (Arknights Animation: Prelude to Dawn) revealed supporting cast members and a second promo on Sunday.

Cast
Crownslayer: Sayaka Senbongi (Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken)
Mephisto: Kouhei Amasaki (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)
Faust: Shun Horie (Kanojo, Okarishimasu)
Talulah: Maaya Sakamoto (Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei)
W: Ayana Taketatsu (Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e)
Misha: Satsumi Matsuda (Kageki Shoujo!!)
Skullshatterer: Risae Matsuda (Yuru Camp△)

PV 2

Source: Official site

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
29 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

10 by Calal-Chan »»
45 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
8 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.