Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2022 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah...that started a bit controversially. Not sure I feel about the OP song yet but I guess it was kinda catchy.

Arc's character introduction was priceless. He has a level of charisma that I find amusing to watch in this series so far. Story doesn't feel interesting yet but he's carrying this anime at the moment. I think they picked a decent VA to bring out most of his personality.

The elf girl's introduction was more or less entertaining but seems Arc is fascinated by her. Arc is the hero their world needs.
Apr 7, 2022 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
SASUGA AINZ-SAMA...oh wait, wrong anime! But truth be told, novelist Enki Hakari's only Overlord-copycat series was a premiere that I was expecting to deliver, and it EXCEEDED my expectations...of being another Tsukimichi look-alike.

What a boisterous jam-packin' OP (with DIALOGUE+'s ED), the usual Goblin Slayer rape OP sequence, together with skeleton knight MC Arc, he's such a fun character to get reincarnated into the game that his real-life counterpart was playing. He's even aware of the 4th wall breaking tropes as well.

Of course, women are subject to the Goblin Slayer rape treatment from bandits, and Arc takes cares of them flawlessly to save noblewoman Lauren and her maid assistant Rita with style. Will Arc be another Ainz-sama in the making, this is just the start!

3DCG Studio Kai and Hornets collab, it just works.

NOW THAT'S FANTASTICAL! Great premiere, you've got me hooked!
Apr 7, 2022 8:09 AM
Oct 2016
Nice premiere episode following our protagonist Arc as he's just been transferred into a game he was playing before. Something we've all heard before but I like this one out the gate. Arc isn't super concerned with going home or even figuring out why he's now in this game. Just wants to live comfortably now that he's here. Certainly helps that he's given these overpowered weapons and items right from the jump. It might seem like a rushed start but I like the story getting down to business. No meandering around just right to the ins and outs of this world. We learn about it through Arc trying to figure out how to live. Trying to join a mercenary guild, get money for food, find a place to stay, the basics of living in a newfound medieval fantasy world. Saving damsels in distress to hammer home how much of a good guy Arc is, rescuing those two women right before anything nasty happened. Based on how the noble woman kept looking at him I'm thinking this favor will come around later on when Arc needs something from that family or some kind of help. We got a glimpse too of his eventual elf companion. Interesting first episode I like where this one is going, has a strong lead who's very likeable.
Apr 7, 2022 8:18 AM

Oct 2021
Well, that was quite an opening scene!
Apr 7, 2022 8:21 AM
Jun 2019
Hmm, starts off with a rape scene… pg-13 is wacky
Apr 7, 2022 8:21 AM

Dec 2020
The Start was a bit suprised tbh but i like Arc as a character.
Good that he rescued the girls from this tr*ash people.

Arc has an interest to the Elf. OP and ED was good.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 7, 2022 8:22 AM

Oct 2017
Very generic isekai premiere, nothing much to say. Atleast the mc has a fun personality.
MegamiRemApr 7, 2022 8:33 AM
Apr 7, 2022 8:23 AM

Nov 2016
Starting off balls deep(unfortunately not literally). A bit cheap tbh, but that comes as no surprise and better than bland nothingness I've seen in this or previous seasons. I like that this MC isn't taking prisoners.

Fun opening, somewhat enjoyable episode, I will definitely not drop this one....yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 2022 8:24 AM

Jul 2021
Literally got a content warning right in the beginning: that fucking rape scene got this series real sussy as heck BUT ARC WAS ABLE TO SAVE THE DAY!! The OP is catchy ngl and the ED is pretty nice.

I love this Arc dude, he reminds me of Ains but in a different world. I realized he has two different voices: his inner voice - a lot lighter, and his output voice - a lot deeper. I also how he's just testing out his ability on a tree while a chilling song is playing but somehow it felt so tense atmospheric-wise lmao.

Also, it impresses me he even survives from falling down on a literal hill and I get like he has a soul and such in his body so that's why he's still hungry but in a meatless body, I'm in lost comprehension if this were a real thing but fiction will always be fiction and they never fail to amuse me in this case. This game he's in is just so much fun mhm mhm, also hopefully Elf girl will play a role in the latter too. Looking forward to more of his adventure because I need to know Arc's armor durability lol.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 7, 2022 8:25 AM
Jul 2019
Cant really say that episode went from 0 to a 100. That show started at 100, my goodness. starts off with a rape scene just a second into the episode. 2022 really wild
Apr 7, 2022 8:28 AM

Oct 2016
Actually, after watching the first ep I think that the art is not so bad and the voice acting is also good.
Incredibly hot too.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Apr 7, 2022 8:29 AM

May 2020
Was that opening scene supposed to be serious? Or someone may even ask was it even necessary. Guess no’s an answer for both of these questions.

Another plain premiere to sum up this first episode, but atleast the main is a bit tolerable.
Apr 7, 2022 8:30 AM
Nov 2010
This is such a hilarious show in a good way. Starts off with that scene, then that epic old-school OP, and it just gets better and better XD
Apr 7, 2022 8:31 AM

Jul 2011
After a year of lackluster isekai, finally a good one.

Decent MC with common sense that's some rare thing to see. And have eyes to what's important:LOOT.
Apr 7, 2022 8:32 AM

Apr 2014
That first scene 😲 lol.

The ED is a banger. Nice ED, btw.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 7, 2022 8:39 AM
Feb 2015
FYI, if you watching or following Pellek on YouTube, he is the vocalist of the OP song for this anime.
Apr 7, 2022 8:39 AM

Aug 2020
Jesus, what a way to start, I got jump scared by that screaming and also just having that as the opening scene will put people off straight away. I guess goblin slayer season 2 is actually airing this season.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Apr 7, 2022 8:46 AM

May 2013
They started with a rape scene, only to circle back onto the same scene? Totally unnecessary. Then the maid's clothes were torn even though they weren't doing anything to her yet because...? There is no because... it's just unnecessary. They just did it for some eye candy boob animation, effectively sexualizing her in the middle of another character being raped.

Anyways, the info dumps were very obvious (to the point that they may as well just put a bunch of text on screen for you to read and get the trash out of the way), but at least they weren't too long. I don't need to know every detail about all his armor though. At least if you info dump, don't waste my time.

Anyways, the main seemed okay at least. Rest of the episode was shmeh. Will give another episode.
Apr 7, 2022 8:51 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
And that is why you pick cute anime girl instead of skeleton when you make a character in mmo.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Apr 7, 2022 8:52 AM

Nov 2016
Softhenic03 said:
Was that opening scene supposed to be serious? Or someone may even ask was it even necessary. Guess no’s an answer for both of these questions.

No, but it grabs attentionand hopefully triggered many people

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 2022 8:53 AM
Nov 2021
this honestly looks basic asf but I'm invested lmao
Apr 7, 2022 8:58 AM
Mar 2020
Tomoaki Maeno best voice for the main character hands down...!
Apr 7, 2022 9:00 AM
Sep 2020
Ainz ooal gown is that you? Well it sure resembles a little of overlord, a character from game and the person who creates it is reincarnated into that character. It sure will be a very good anime for this season
Apr 7, 2022 9:04 AM
May 2021
the first episode was lit af 🔥🔥🔥, Loved it. Giving it straight 9/10 from start. I may give it 10/10 at end if it maintains such good animation and Plot consistency
Apr 7, 2022 9:05 AM
Jul 2019
Well MC send enjoyable and it looks like a fun watch so I'm all for it
Apr 7, 2022 9:05 AM
Oct 2017
he look like Veldora, KUhahahaha 🤣
Apr 7, 2022 9:15 AM

May 2020
FMmatron said:
Softhenic03 said:

No, but it grabs attentionand hopefully triggered many people
Kind of becoming norm, this attention seeking stunt.
Apr 7, 2022 9:35 AM
Sep 2017
Overlord: Light version. Touch-me san origin story? :D
UggunSpaceApr 7, 2022 9:40 AM
Apr 7, 2022 9:36 AM
Feb 2022
In the episode, I liked it because I saw him reborn in the world of the game he was playing and saw him save the girl from rape and see the same girl fall in love with him.
Apr 7, 2022 9:52 AM

Dec 2016
If you take away the whole skeleton aspect (which Overlord has already done lol) this might be the most generic and vanilla isekai I've ever seen, there isn't much else to make it stand out. Still had a decent time with the episode, though I don't think there was really a need to show the same attempted rape scene TWICE

Also, PelleK doing the opening?! That's cool as shit
Apr 7, 2022 9:53 AM
Sep 2015
They don't even bother to create a truck accident anymore, just MC sleep and then get into isekai. It's that kind of anime, pure power fantasy.
I've zero interest in fantasy, but I interest in men, and while skeleton knight himself is not what I need, many other men are hot, the adventurers in the guild, even the bandit, and I'll get to see more in the future according to the official website.
Apr 7, 2022 9:54 AM

Jun 2013
Hat weird cousin of Overlord, kinda fun honestly
Apr 7, 2022 10:08 AM

Jun 2021
Talk about intro bait. Starts off with an apprehensive scene, only to have the rest of the episode be generic as fuck.

Not sure how this is going to differ from all other similar shows we've had, but I guess we will see...
Apr 7, 2022 10:11 AM

Mar 2016
Ignoring the story because I have read it on other media. My impression of the 1st episode is that the studio done pretty good. VA as expected as it should be, drawing quality tbh great and quite detailed, no big scenes missed and the comedy part are there to laugh at.

Only a personal thing I don't like is the SFX on such kind of opening seems... disturbing. But who knows how the next episodes run.

Apr 7, 2022 10:24 AM

Mar 2013
NTR scene from the first scene of the first episode, even the PV... no comment. That fight scene was grotesque... I guess we are getting some wonderful?, non-censored episodes throughout this series... Those long names...

Anyway, the animation is so smooth for me that it feels enjoyable to watch, especially the action/skills scenes.

P.S.

Btw, the theme songs are good enough and the VA's are damn good.
CrazyButNot4UApr 7, 2022 10:27 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 7, 2022 10:26 AM
Mar 2020
Wow the first few seconds caught me off guard, closed my computer so fast since it sounded just like a hentai. I've heard people meming this anime from looking a bit like an overlord copy, so I had my doubts going in. Overall this was a very fun first episode to watch and I'm looking forward to next week's episode.
Apr 7, 2022 10:43 AM
Mar 2021
The intro kinda remined me of Redo of healer and the plot itself kinda resembles that of OVERLORD, im not sure if im finish this anime but i might
Apr 7, 2022 10:46 AM
Aug 2015
It was very surprising and fun to watch (put aside the first scene, story wise it is the typical damsel in distress and a hero saves the day kind of thing)
Apr 7, 2022 10:48 AM

Dec 2013
That is sure one way to start a show lol.
Apr 7, 2022 10:53 AM
Mar 2021
Glad to see an isekai mc being happy in an isekai setting while not having a start up harem in the first episode
Apr 7, 2022 10:57 AM

Dec 2016
I normally watch these copy/paste trapped in a videogame isekai titles with a rised eyebrow given how regularly there is so much emphasis on the aesthetic of a skilltree with engurish names. But at least this one does the job right by making the skills less the important thing and focus on the whole adventure in a new world.

The comedic bits are quite fine (not all of them land, but on average it's quite good), so I'll guess this will at least be the "fun" kind of isekai.
KimurahApr 18, 2022 3:10 PM
Apr 7, 2022 11:02 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Arc has a very good personality and is pretty funny xD. Don't think he'll need that runestone from defeating the orc considering he has the most OP armour ever lol.
Glad he saved her from the bandits also!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 7, 2022 11:05 AM
Jul 2021
Damn I really enjoyed it, like his character, lmfao @ .... Glance... And looting all the bandits hahaha... Looking forward to the rest of this shos before, he reminds me of Ainz a little but def more leaning towards the hero side. Hope this is a bit, lmao I wish he had a normal face, this girl can stare at him all she wants but he's a Bone Daddy ☠️😩
Apr 7, 2022 11:06 AM

May 2018
The cg is alright. Arc fanboiing over the game is really funny ngl
Apr 7, 2022 11:27 AM

Jul 2015
Well, I'll be damned but this was a far more interesting first episode than I could ever hope for..

Ofc a rape scene for that shock value then it gets into easy fantasy stuff.. Arc is a bit like Ainz but guess he tilts toward the "good" side rather than Ainz bad and villainous side..

The animation and CGI were definitely not bad but rather pretty pleasing to look at.. ofc not Demon slayer but they were done pretty nicely..

This could be an actual good show lmao
Apr 7, 2022 11:28 AM

Mar 2019
i was actually skeptical at first, but after finishing it, i think i really like how this is going. i'm hyped for the new episode.
Apr 7, 2022 11:34 AM

May 2021
that time Veldora got reincarnated as Ainz in another world
Apr 7, 2022 11:39 AM
Oct 2017
ryoko6 said:
that time Veldora got reincarnated as Ainz in another world
yes, that was the right title
Apr 7, 2022 11:45 AM
Jul 2015
Never thought I'd see CGI in an actual OP and ED (excluding CGI anime) not saying it's bad CGI but still kinda weird.

But on the controversial topic yeah after goblin slayer, opening to that seems kinda of like a cheap gimmick.
Apr 7, 2022 11:49 AM

Apr 2018
Brutality, an elf girl and skeleton.

This will be enjoyable
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

116 by adbeaver »»
Feb 28, 2:52 AM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2022

52 by adbeaver »»
Feb 28, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2022

68 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2022

74 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

gambit9877 - Apr 28, 2022

68 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 5:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.