Forum Settings
Forums

Favorite Anime or Favorite Manga - Which One Do You Like More? (Useless Thread #62)

New
Nov 28, 2021 12:14 PM

Dec 2020
@Lavi_kun, yo maybe we can talk on the 28th

Anyways, this is actually pretty hard to answer for me.
Cause my favorite anime is Attack on Titan, but my favorite manga is Berserk
UGHHHHHH this is actually hard to think about. Objectively, Berserk is probably better, but I'll have to say I like Attack on Titan more. It's watched it 9 times, never got old, only loved it more and more each time I watched it and while both are masterpieces, I'll have to give this one to AoT.

You guys? Favorite manga or favorite anime?

Here's a random short vid: (raise your hand if you'd do this)

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 28, 2021 12:15 PM

May 2021
My favorite manga is Henshin and my favorite anime is Madoka, pretty easy question

Nov 28, 2021 12:19 PM

Mar 2021
My fav manga is vagabond and fav anime is hxh, both are outstanding but hxh was more enjoyable and the side characters of hxh were better for me so I'll choose hxh.
Nov 28, 2021 12:23 PM

Nov 2019
I prefer manga. Adaptations are often poorer than the sources, but that's not to say no anime overwhelms its origin.
SgtBateManNov 28, 2021 1:49 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 28, 2021 12:31 PM

Jul 2021
manga no question lol (30 character limit)
_spoon_Nov 28, 2021 12:52 PM

Nov 28, 2021 12:32 PM

Dec 2020
Gween_Gween said:
My favorite manga is Henshin and my favorite anime is Madoka, pretty easy question

Nah I'm ask which one you like more. I'm assuming Madoka though

Nov 28, 2021 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
Favorite anime. I have tons of anime that I really enjoyed. I'm also not a strong manga reader.
Nov 28, 2021 12:47 PM

May 2021
Erebus_Akeldama said:
Gween_Gween said:

I know the question dude, no need to correct me

Nov 28, 2021 12:59 PM
#1 Diva Ann simp

Mar 2017
Gunnm is the best piece of media out there

so Favorite manga
Nov 28, 2021 1:03 PM

Mar 2019
Gween_Gween said:
Erebus_Akeldama said:

I know the question dude, no need to correct me
So... Madoka Magica
Reason: it has Sayaka
Right?

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Nov 28, 2021 1:04 PM

Mar 2019
Once upon a time, there was a time when Clannad anime used to be my favorite series.
But everything changed when the work of witch that is Umineko manga invaded.

By the way, check out Umineko manga for epic battle of magic versus human logic.
-Mention-Nov 28, 2021 1:08 PM

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Nov 28, 2021 1:10 PM

Oct 2010
Shingeki no Kyojin anime is cool and all but Magi manga is a masterpiece and nothing can come close to it, hell they are even similar in regards to the plot and characters so I can make an easy comparison. Magi is superior in every aspect to SnK, don't listen to the haters who say that "the ending is rushed", that shit is garbage, we had 2 chapters to sort out the ending, that means 40 pages, anyone who says that the ending is rushed is an infiltrator who wants to make us Magi fans look bad. Magi manga is perfect, even the chapter number is perfect, 369 is the perfect number, even that idiot Nikola Tesla said so.
Nov 28, 2021 1:34 PM
Oct 2021
My favorite anime is Gintama and my favorite manga is Golden Kamuy.
Between the two I love more Gintama.
Nov 28, 2021 1:43 PM

Dec 2020
Catalano said:
Shingeki no Kyojin anime is cool and all but Magi manga is a masterpiece and nothing can come close to it, hell they are even similar in regards to the plot and characters so I can make an easy comparison. Magi is superior in every aspect to SnK, don't listen to the haters who say that "the ending is rushed", that shit is garbage, we had 2 chapters to sort out the ending, that means 40 pages, anyone who says that the ending is rushed is an infiltrator who wants to make us Magi fans look bad. Magi manga is perfect, even the chapter number is perfect, 369 is the perfect number, even that idiot Nikola Tesla said so.

Yooo I thought the anime for Magi was good but I didn’t know the manga was that good, I now understand all the praise the series gets now

Nov 28, 2021 1:48 PM

Aug 2018
I love Clannad more than all of my favorite manga combined. I only read manga if the anime leaves off without finishing the story.
Nov 28, 2021 2:12 PM

Dec 2020
JYX said:
My favourite anime is baccano. As for manga, umineko.

Yes, but which one of the two do you like more?

Nov 28, 2021 2:14 PM

Oct 2010
Erebus_Akeldama said:
Catalano said:

Yooo I thought the anime for Magi was good but I didn’t know the manga was that good, I now understand all the praise the series gets now

the adaptation is bad, the manga is extraordinary, the art style, the plot, the characters etc
Nov 28, 2021 2:34 PM

Sep 2019
Anime for now, I haven't read enough manga to come to a conclusive answer yet.
Nov 28, 2021 4:01 PM

Dec 2020
My favourite anime is detective Conan and manga is holyland but I like detective Conan more(though I was a easy choice bkz I am not a big manga reader)but to make things interesting let's make a unpopular opinion on your thread,
My favourite anime is one piece and my favourite manga is also one piece but I really like the one piece anime.Ya,ik anime has pacing issues,manga is better in all way and anime has flaws but love the one piece anime.

For your Information:

Nov 28, 2021 4:12 PM

Jul 2021
Favorite anime is One Piece
Manga between TPN and Tokyo ghoul
Probably favor TPN more
Nov 28, 2021 4:42 PM

Feb 2020
So my fav CGDCT vs my fav romance/incest story.

Hard choice ngl but I would go with my fav anime.

Nov 28, 2021 4:46 PM

Feb 2020
Favourite Manga because it's also my favourite PS4 game and it's awesome.
Loyal_SheeplingNov 28, 2021 4:56 PM
Nov 28, 2021 5:11 PM

Aug 2018
i don't really want to compare, so both
Nov 28, 2021 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
My fave manga is houseki no kuni, while my fave anime is logh. If I have to choose between them I would rather not choose at all.
Nov 28, 2021 9:02 PM

Jun 2021
Favorite Anime for now, I haven't read a lot of manga, but If I have, I'd probably choose the source, manga. Its a hard choice tbh, since it feels different when watching anime than manga.
Nov 28, 2021 9:41 PM

Aug 2020
Obviously gintama anime all the way since you never mentioned that I can include light novel hehe .
Nov 28, 2021 9:51 PM

Aug 2020
Hard to choose between Steins Gate and Jojo part 7, maybe Steins Gate but as for the rest of my top 10 animes and manga I definitely prefer manga.
Nov 28, 2021 10:08 PM

Jan 2020
Anime but both are fantastic and favorites for a reason

Nov 28, 2021 10:15 PM

Dec 2020
choosing between monogatari series second season and jibaku shounen hanako-kun, i'd pick hanako-kun. but really, hanako-kun only won by a strand of hair, and this result could easily be changed.
no more forum pic. that's it.
Nov 28, 2021 10:27 PM

Feb 2021
My favorite anime is Gintama and favorite manga is Oyasumi Punpun. I consider them equally good objectively but I am more attached to Gintama. So I'd choose favorite anime.
Nov 28, 2021 10:28 PM

Jan 2021
Choosing between the top-tier comedy that Gintama' has and like the greatest manga to ever exist aka Bloom Into You is really hard.

fuck it im picking Bloom Into You.

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Nov 28, 2021 10:34 PM

Dec 2020
ManWild said:
Anime but both are fantastic and favorites for a reason

Wait, ain't both of your favourite manga and anime both One Piece? xD

Nov 28, 2021 10:36 PM

Dec 2020
indrawn said:
i don't really want to compare, so both

Finally, someone chose the right answer. Well done.

Nov 28, 2021 10:49 PM
Aug 2021
Dont think berserk is objectively superior to AoT even if its fans think its the greatest piece of literature because the black swordsman arc sucked hard. A quarter of millennium of falconia empire and especially the entire famtasia sucked even harder. Besides i don't believe that something is objectively better than something i like more. The 1st 3 seasoms of AoT are peak fiction for me; better story and epic moments than even golden age. Besides berserk is mostly especially after golden age and before it, a demon hunting story.

Anyway favourite anime: FMAB (8/10)
Favourite manga: kanojo mo kanojo (7/10)

FMAB wins
Nov 28, 2021 11:12 PM

Nov 2018
Is this even a question?
Of course it's anime.
It's transcended further than universe that no body left to compare it. (lol kurapikatard line).
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Nov 28, 2021 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
Evangelion > One Piece? Probably not.
Nov 28, 2021 11:25 PM
Dec 2017
Favorite manga is berserk and mieruko chan

Favorite anime is rezero and yuru camp
Nov 28, 2021 11:39 PM

Sep 2020
I don't read a lot of manga, so I guess favorite anime for now.
Nov 29, 2021 4:02 AM

May 2021
As much as AkaYona and Tower of God are my best ever in manga favourites, nothing can beat Gintama so yup best anime it is uwu

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Nov 29, 2021 4:04 AM

Dec 2020
Kot_Schlyopa said:
Dont think berserk is objectively superior to AoT even if its fans think its the greatest piece of literature because the black swordsman arc sucked hard. A quarter of millennium of falconia empire and especially the entire famtasia sucked even harder. Besides i don't believe that something is objectively better than something i like more. The 1st 3 seasoms of AoT are peak fiction for me; better story and epic moments than even golden age. Besides berserk is mostly especially after golden age and before it, a demon hunting story.

FMAB wins

I think both AoT and Berserk have stories that are unrivalled, but I'm pretty sure the message the Berserk sends is stronger than AoT's

Nov 29, 2021 4:34 AM
Aug 2021
Erebus_Akeldama said:
Kot_Schlyopa said:

FMAB wins

I think both AoT and Berserk have stories that are unrivalled, but I'm pretty sure the message the Berserk sends is stronger than AoT's

I personally think that even if AoT got botched up in the final arc but some of its messages like eldians and marleyans interpreting ymir's deal with what they considered god and devil respectively, eldian restorationist forces viewing history from a perspective that suited their ideals, eldians facing racism for the crimes of their ancestors to the point where they start thinking of themselves as reincarnation of devil, grisha and zeke's oppsoite views on dealing with racism and zeke turning up against his parents so that grisha, because of a hardcore patriot (owl) who sacrificed everything, ends up as the last hope of a country that chose to forget its crimes out of guilt yet submit to whatever punishment a fascist nation holds for them because of an insane ruler. A country that doesn't know its already at war, that humanity still exists, that the titans they hate for killing them for no apparent reason are they themselves. I think these ideas are stronger and more complex than Berserk's ideas of a man sacrificing/betraying his friends for the sake of power and his friend losing all hope and sense of belongliness only to be driven by revenge but eventually finding a place to belong once again.
Nov 29, 2021 4:35 AM

Dec 2020
Kot_Schlyopa said:
Erebus_Akeldama said:

I personally think that even if AoT got botched up in the final arc but some of its messages like eldians and marleyans interpreting ymir's deal with what they considered god and devil respectively, eldian restorationist forces viewing history from a perspective that suited their ideals, eldians facing racism for the crimes of their ancestors to the point where they start thinking of themselves as reincarnation of devil, grisha and zeke's oppsoite views on dealing with racism and zeke turning up against his parents so that grisha, because of a hardcore patriot (owl) who sacrificed everything, ends up as the last hope of a country that chose to ignore its crimes out of guilt yet submit to whatever punishment a fascist nation holds for them because of an insane ruler. A country that doesn't know its already at war, that humanity still exists, that the titans they hate for killing them for no apparent reason are they themselves. I think these ideas are stronger and more complex than Berserk's ideas of a man sacrificing/betraying his friends for the sake of power and his friend losing all hope and sense of belongliness only to be driven by guilt but eventually finding a place to belong once again.

I mean……………… their both my favorite, so it's a win-win for me xD

Nov 29, 2021 4:37 AM

Dec 2020
tinker3bellz1 said:
As much as AkaYona and Tower of God are my best ever in manga favourites, nothing can beat Gintama so yup best anime it is uwu

Is Tower of God good? I heard the anime got an insane amount of hype but didn't really live up to it.

Nov 29, 2021 4:37 AM

Dec 2020
Socialloser said:

Yes, but which of them do you like more?

Nov 29, 2021 4:41 AM
Dec 2017
Erebus_Akeldama said:
Socialloser said:

Erebus_Akeldama said:
Socialloser said:

I don't have the courage to choose. All are dear in my heart.
Nov 29, 2021 4:43 AM

Dec 2020
Socialloser said:
Erebus_Akeldama said:

Erebus_Akeldama said:

I don't have the courage to choose. All are dear in my heart.

Can I get an amen?

You, my friend have answered correctly. Well done

Nov 30, 2021 1:01 AM

Aug 2020
It's a tough decision since I really adore both Hunter x Hunter and Slam Dunk for what they are, but I'd pick Hunter x Hunter ultimately.

Nov 30, 2021 1:11 AM

Jun 2020
Bastard solos all my favs anime and its still win
Nov 30, 2021 2:08 AM

Dec 2020
Kirisakei said:
It's a tough decision since I really adore both Hunter x Hunter and Slam Dunk for what they are, but I'd pick Hunter x Hunter ultimately.

Oh isn't Slam Dunk one of the best sports manga, is it worth reading?

Nov 30, 2021 2:12 AM

Jul 2021
well, my favourite mango is grand blue and my favourite animu is also grand blue and I don't read alot of mango so animu for now :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ‘Does Everyone Hate Real World?’: Ghost In The Shell: Arise Director Bemoans The Rise Of Isekai Anime

deg - 3 hours ago

16 by dankmitris »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » What period in Japanese historical anime do you like the most?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

10 by DarkShame2 »»
2 minutes ago

» What's the meaning behind your MAL username?

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

40 by Halqifibrax »»
7 minutes ago

» 🌹 Anime Questionnaire 2024 🌹

Shizuna - Yesterday

38 by Ashok_Kumar »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » is shonen different than battle shonen?

deg - Yesterday

7 by APolygons2 »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.