Forum Settings
Forums

'Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro' Reveals Main Staff, Cast, Summer 2022 Premiere

New
Nov 24, 2021 9:03 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the Utawarerumono television anime revealed the main staff, cast, a teaser visual (pictured), and teaser promotional video for its third season on Wednesday. Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro (Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth) will premiere in July 2022.

The main cast, composed of Risa Taneda, Chinatsu Akasaki, and Inori Minase are reprising their roles from the second season Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen (Utawarerumono: The False Faces). Kentarou Tone, who voiced Ukon in Itsuwari no Kamen, will replace the late Keiji Fujiwara as Oshtor (Haku).

Staff
Director: Kenichi Kawamura (Steins;Gate 0)
Series Composition: Itsuki Yokoyama (Overlord II script)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Masahiko Nakada (Utawarerumono)
Music: AQUAPLUS
Studio: White Fox

Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro serves as the final entry in AQUAPLUS' Utawarerumono visual novel trilogy, which was released in Japan for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PS Vita in September 2016. The first game was developed by Leaf for Windows in April 2002 and later ported on the PS2, PSP, PS4, and the PS Vita by Sting Entertainment. The second game, Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen, was released in September 2015.

Game publisher Atlus released the second and third games in North America in May and September 2017, respectively. NIS America released the first game under the subtitle Prelude to the Fallen last May on PS4 and PS Vita, followed by a worldwide release on Windows on January 22.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://utawarerumono.jp/
Official Twitter: @UtawareAnime

Source: Comic Natalie
VindstotNov 25, 2021 4:09 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 24, 2021 9:12 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm a big fan of the first series....The sequel wasn't as good but I still enjoyed it nonetheless, so I'll definitely be watching this continuation to see what happens
Nov 24, 2021 9:41 AM
Jan 2018
I doubt it will be but I hope they actually adapt it and adapt it well this time. Though if they do anime only fans won't understand pretty much anything due to how poorly False Faces did along with the very important cut content from the original anime. The designs are still terrible and soulless but I'm more worried about the episode count. This is much longer than the first two. It'd need 3-4 cours rather than the standard 2.
Nov 24, 2021 9:45 AM
Councilor

Apr 2017
I'm excited they still continued the series despite the lose of Keiji Fujiwara. May he rest in peace. He will always be the OG Haku.
Nov 24, 2021 10:00 AM

Apr 2012
Stop, is this an adaptation of the third game? When did they even announce it ?!
Nov 24, 2021 10:06 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
RobertBobert said:
Stop, is this an adaptation of the third game? When did they even announce it ?!
Back in October 2019 lol they pretty much went radio silence after that!
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 24, 2021 11:42 AM

Aug 2008
First anime was great but remembering second season still fills me with disgust. It was atrocious. Characters were either dull, annoying walking tropes or just despicable. I can't imagine any way to salvage it other than killing off almost everyone from the second season right at the start of third.
AntanaruNov 24, 2021 11:51 AM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 24, 2021 12:33 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I should read the VN trilogy already, but I have other VNs to finish :/

>Kentarou Tone, who voiced Ukon in Itsuwari no Kamen, will replace the late Keiji Fujiwara as Oshtor (Haku).

:(
Nov 24, 2021 1:15 PM
Sep 2015
I think I pass on this new season, I finish the VN last and I can't imagine someone else doing Haku like Fujiwara Kenji.

I hope the project is good enough to make satisfied VN readers.

Hope the best for who is watching this one.
Nov 25, 2021 1:20 AM

Apr 2012
DatRandomDude said:
RobertBobert said:
Back in October 2019 lol they pretty much went radio silence after that!

I see. I hadn't heard anything about it and thought that adapting the third part could be a dream.
Nov 25, 2021 5:28 AM

Nov 2009
bladecode said:
I think I pass on this new season, I finish the VN last and I can't imagine someone else doing Haku like Fujiwara Kenji.

Tone Kentarou will voice Haku, who is Oshtor/Ukon's VA as well. It's the best possible move they could have done, just think about it. T-T

Not expecting this to be a great adaptation considering the length of the game, but will watch it anyways. I absolutely recommend the games first for people new to the franchise, or anyone who haven't played at least the 2nd and/or the 3rd game. The first game wasn't too long so its adaptation was reasonably close to the original.
GildeshNov 25, 2021 5:33 AM
Nov 25, 2021 5:52 AM

Jun 2016
It will flop like Itsuwari no Kamen
Nov 25, 2021 5:23 PM
Mar 2012
s1 was great.
s2 was... well sorta watchable, but can blame Whitefox or director. At least s3 director changed so hoping for some improvement.
Nov 26, 2021 3:08 PM
Sep 2020
Antanaru said:
First anime was great but remembering second season still fills me with disgust. It was atrocious. Characters were either dull, annoying walking tropes or just despicable. I can't imagine any way to salvage it other than killing off almost everyone from the second season right at the start of third.
yeah and that won't happen so you have to give up on this show my dude.
koala12345Dec 6, 2021 10:34 AM
Nov 28, 2021 4:50 PM

Mar 2014
I can't f**king believe it.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
6 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
7 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.