Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 3, 2021 6:53 PM

Aug 2020
Really, he is a hero and promoted as a king at his first day. How is this possible as a summon, anyways nice episode i will be looking forward to the next ep.

Jul 3, 2021 7:08 PM

Oct 2008
all i could hear is Subaru & Rem arguing with each other...lolz!
3/5.

Jul 3, 2021 9:03 PM

Apr 2021
Kinda disappointed cause they didn't show the hectic work environment tho like in the manga but it's a pretty good pilot episode. *thumbs up x100000000

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

Jul 3, 2021 9:43 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I really don't trust JC Staff nowadays but this one is surprisingly good. And Minase Inori as the female lead is a huge plus.
Jul 3, 2021 10:45 PM

Apr 2020
This gives me flashbacks of Moshidora 🤣
Jul 4, 2021 2:58 AM

Aug 2012
mangolassi04 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
really scooping the bottom of the barrel. civil servants are a plague for country economies a scourge not heroes

Civil servants are the ones that fund your country. Who do you think collects your taxes?
A country is founded generally by an army lead by a general. After the founding they become the monarch and the nobles. About taxes over taxation is a problem to the failed model of democracy. Historically the army or tax collectors would collect taxes which were much fewer and smaller . But what a civil service does is this: decide to do something for the people without asking if they want to or not , collect taxes by force for it, fill their pockets with over 90% of the money collected and then use the rest to do a poor job of what they planned to do if it ever gets done. And the more civil servants the more money get into their pockets less in the actual work and worse that work is. But many like this because either are not net tax payers or are civil servants.
Jul 4, 2021 3:06 AM

Mar 2018
While the pacing felt a bit rushed and a lot of infodump, i think it's necessary move or the anime will be boring in the first few episodes. In my opinion, what makes this story interesting is when the conflict occur throughout the kingdom and how our realist hero solve them as a king.

It was an okay start, looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 4, 2021 3:36 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good start! Isekai is a pretty flexible genre and this time we gonna learn about economics lmao. This is pretty promising, I like our realist hero turned king Souma already, he's pretty level headed. Also recognized Kobayashi Yuusuke voicing Souma and Minase Inori voicing Liscia immediately. Subaru and Rem is back bois.

King seems pretty lazy and not confident for a king, the only time he sounded confident was when he was passing the throne to Souma lmao. That Seto Kaiba reference though, looking forward to where this goes.
Jul 4, 2021 3:40 AM
Jan 2017
Im up to date on the manga, it was boring(on the first 30 or so chapters) i couldnt keep my attention in check I always space outwhenever i read it, thats not to say i hate it, I enjoy every isekais that ive read, and the barebones beginners guide to rulling a kingdom premise I fucking enjoyed.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Jul 4, 2021 4:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm never expected this series to get an anime. Heartfelt advice from the gran there. Nice opening theme from Inorin that did an excellent job at introducing the cast. Seeing the capital transform into a giant summoning circle as part of the summoning spell sure was nice. Being angry sure is a understatement. The insight into how the other lands are faring in the war was a nice direction to take. Gaining both a kingdom and a fiancée though was nice going. Still while unexpected Souma's knowledge of economics really is proving handy in this new world. At the end of the day while things like national treasures are important for one's prestige they are ultimately contributing nothing to their economy so selling them off was a logical move. Overall a solid opening ep that while doing an excellent job at introducing the characters and world also did an excellent job at showing the kind of direction that Souma would take his kingdom as he strives to improve the country as a whole. Though still fresh im loving the dynamic between him and Liscia though as though they have contrasting beliefs the bond between them is shaping up nicely. Souma as a whole is also a nice fresh idea for heros as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2021 5:02 AM
Nov 2019
At least he isn't stupidly OP - Unless that happens when we touches the "Magical items" he put in category "C assets".

Isekai Capitalism 101 time....

Nice to hear the VA's doing a good job and his fiancée reminds me of Sento in Amagi Brilliant Park

4/5.
penrhosJul 4, 2021 5:05 AM
Jul 4, 2021 5:07 AM
Dec 2015
Hentai quality animation. Some interesting cinematography. Rather lackluster dialogue. The only thing keeping me interested is the plot.
Jul 4, 2021 6:04 AM

Jun 2016
100% gonna watch this till end ..
Jul 4, 2021 6:26 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Isekai with a kingdom building element? Thats kinda new on my book. Not to mention the fmc got Minori as her va. Damn, what kind of reason to dislike this? Well, even if the plot of having the dumb king as the device for this series is actually kinda silly. But, as an overall this first is engaging me to continue watching, more or less.

So, yeah, expect more of a great additional information of how Souma rebuilding those tripartite kingdom. Then, more girls, at least three more from the cover, incoming to pleasing my eyes. Seriously, tho, his grandpa literally already giving such an idea that these shit will got ton of girls coming up. So, yeah, i guess, thats it all for now.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 4, 2021 6:33 AM

Mar 2014
I knew this show was shit when I saw the PV but my God it's really SHIT !!! Story is bullshit and the characters are boring and stupid(for the Isekai people). Why do they keep making Isekai garbage ???

RedChromeJul 4, 2021 7:04 AM
Jul 4, 2021 6:45 AM

Mar 2014
Clas1ck said:
I wonder how he keeps calm after being sent to another world and seeing that everyone is incompetent
And suddenly the guy knows how to run a whole fucking country ?!?!?!?

Typical Isekai anime, there is no logic to it except just to him look good. So either you like or hate it (and I hate it)
Jul 4, 2021 6:50 AM

Mar 2014
Leo said:
Getting summoned from the library remains me of Sheild Hero.

Selling off a Hero you summon is an interesting way to pay off your debt. Kazuya did everything to prevent that at the cost of becoming the new King. It will be fun to see how this goes since it different from your typical Isekai where the hero gets summoned to defeat the Demon Lord.

I think that would've been interesting, he got sold off to another country and then you know vows revenge on them and work his way up and destroy all those who betrayed him. So it could have similar to Shield Hero which it's far better story in my opinion
Jul 4, 2021 6:53 AM

Mar 2014
Rytakahashi09 said:
Another isekai, even now with a boring theme.

And they expect me to believe that this random 18 years old MC is an expert in finance and politics?

He doesn't have to , it's pretty obvious that most of the people in that world are dumber than him
RedChromeJul 4, 2021 7:16 AM
Jul 4, 2021 7:22 AM
Oct 2018
RedChrome said:
I knew this show was shit when I saw the PV but my God it's really SHIT !!! Story is bullshit and the characters are boring and stupid(for the Isekai people). Why do they keep making Isekai garbage ???

Ah, yes, another one of those that judges a kingdom building show in one episode and a PV. Just like judging a game by it's graphics without actually playing it or checking the story.
Jul 4, 2021 7:27 AM

Jul 2020
AkeZZZ said:
The way they changing the nation by using economics and management reform reminded me somewhat of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. The MC, Liscia Elfrieden, also looks like Sento Isuzu as well. lol

WTF with that lame King??? No wonder why this nation stuck and got many problems like that.
The concept of using economic development instead of military forces to strengthen the nation is very interesting.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha reference I see you put. Very underrated anime by the way. I can see that comparison because they definitely have the same traits
Jul 4, 2021 10:45 AM

May 2018
not bad. rip Kazuya's grandpa though and the princess is very kawaii
Jul 4, 2021 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
Not a bad start so far. I mean the introduction wasn't all that special in the LN. Personally the series starts getting good when

Jul 4, 2021 11:11 AM

Jun 2013
A new interesting take on the Isekai genre.
Time is Money indeed.
Jul 4, 2021 1:27 PM

Jan 2020
Liscia is super great so far.

This first episode didn't really fully hook me as much as it may have for others but it wasn't the worst thing I've seen

Jul 4, 2021 1:35 PM

Jun 2021
Umm, I would say, it was some kind of childish introduction to the show in the first half, and then by the second half they directly introduce damn number of characters. Lemme try how much I can hold this anime in this season so far

~ Weeboo
Jul 4, 2021 2:25 PM

Jun 2009
the usual generic character art and kingdom design thats clearly an edit of a picture of Noerdlingen, Germany.
Jul 4, 2021 3:13 PM
Nov 2020
The first episode left a good impression on me. I'm liking the world-building and different hero/isekai approach on this one. A lot of female characters too so I'm looking forward to that harem as well (for the princess to get jealous over)!
Jul 4, 2021 3:22 PM

May 2016
I can't believe how many people are writing this anime off because they find hard to believe that an 18 year old can run a kingdom better than a king. Guys, Kazuya did mentioned that he planned to go into civil service so obviously he spent a great deal of time studying economics and social reform. Yeah, a scene explaining that would have been nice but it wasn't necessary because it's not that far fetched. Believe it or not they are some students who take education very seriously because they want to do something in their lives instead of just hanging around doing nothing and getting by. On top of that, Kazuya comes from a fully advanced civilization and not a Medieval/Renaissance one. He has more knowledge than anyone else in that world.

And for those of you who are saying that king is lame, well... yeah. He is, and he knows it too. Which is why he gave control of the kingdom over to Kazuya because he quickly realized that he was better suited for it despite he is because again Kazuya's knowledge far exceeds his own. If you look through the history of monarchies having weak kings was not unusual. If fact, it was quite common. Rulers were often placed there by others so they could be controlled.

I give the King credit for admitting that he was ill suited for the throne instead of stubbornly denying it so he could stay in power. He strikes me as the kind of guy who didn't want the throne in the first place. Yeah, it was a dick move to place it all on Kazuya's shoulder but it was either that or let his kingdom fall apart.

If you still think this isekai is stupid because of its concept, here some advice. Go watch High School Prodigies and then come back and try saying that again. TRUST ME. There's a good chance you'll take back everything yous said about this anime. This is far more believable than that anime. Seriously, if the whole nuclear reactor thing doesn't get you then the scene with the samurai girl who not only has the ability to run really fast but can also carry an already ignited cruise missile will.
DirectorKJul 4, 2021 3:25 PM
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Jul 4, 2021 3:30 PM

Jun 2020
Can someone please tell me if the MC is a beta cuck.

🙏🏽

I just can’t do one more isekai with a simp.
Jul 4, 2021 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
souma becoming a king in the very first episode that was very fast now it's getting interesting.
Jul 4, 2021 6:31 PM
Mar 2015
the MC is not a simp He is an effective leader who realizes that you cannot turn things around simply by performing a ceremony He does not really care about the FMC unless she can do something to help the kingdom
Jul 4, 2021 7:10 PM
Feb 2021
RedChrome said:
Rytakahashi09 said:
Another isekai, even now with a boring theme.

And they expect me to believe that this random 18 years old MC is an expert in finance and politics?

He doesn't have to , it's pretty obvious that most of the people in that world are dumber than him

Ngl, it's an uninspiring first episode. Will stick around to see if it gets better but I can see Realist Hero might turn out to be an unfortunate Compressed Adaptation. Feels too rushed though I know they wanna introduce the main girl right away instead of in ep 2. The abdication scene would've been a good cliffhanger instead of the MC's smart-aleck conversation with main girl.

I don't know how the LN story goes, but if they keep on glorifying the MC is the only smart guy in this world...well we shall see. Could've use an extra scene of MC talking with college mates that he's using the Machiavelli's book for his Economics or Sociology Essay homework. That would've make "him being confident to know what he's doing" scene much more convincing. Hey, avid fans. At least I'm not dismissing him for a chess grandmaster that should've been summoned into this new world.
Jul 4, 2021 8:30 PM

Mar 2020
All I can say is my brain can't keep up. Haha I've been pausing and playing the video to reach each dialogues. 😅

But I'm really impressed to Souma-kun. 👏🏻
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jul 4, 2021 8:49 PM

Jan 2013
A pretty decent start, i just wish they shown more of his reforms but i guess we will get all that in the next episode.

Also, can't believe this is probably one of those rare times when someone is isekaied and is a normal person, the way he handled all of the talk and the marriage thing, what a goat.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 4, 2021 9:30 PM

Jul 2016
This episode is unique because of how the hero is not powerful like has magic power but is using his wits to solve the problem.
The story is pretty straitforward for its themes but in a good way. They explain the worldbuilding and other infodump in a easy to digest manner.

Overall good start its a isekai but different imo

Jul 4, 2021 9:49 PM

Mar 2014
DirectorK said:
I can't believe how many people are writing this anime off because they find hard to believe that an 18 year old can run a kingdom better than a king. Guys, Kazuya did mentioned that he planned to go into civil service so obviously he spent a great deal of time studying economics and social reform. Yeah, a scene explaining that would have been nice but it wasn't necessary because it's not that far fetched. Believe it or not they are some students who take education very seriously because they want to do something in their lives instead of just hanging around doing nothing and getting by. On top of that, Kazuya comes from a fully advanced civilization and not a Medieval/Renaissance one. He has more knowledge than anyone else in that world.

And for those of you who are saying that king is lame, well... yeah. He is, and he knows it too. Which is why he gave control of the kingdom over to Kazuya because he quickly realized that he was better suited for it despite he is because again Kazuya's knowledge far exceeds his own. If you look through the history of monarchies having weak kings was not unusual. If fact, it was quite common. Rulers were often placed there by others so they could be controlled.

I give the King credit for admitting that he was ill suited for the throne instead of stubbornly denying it so he could stay in power. He strikes me as the kind of guy who didn't want the throne in the first place. Yeah, it was a dick move to place it all on Kazuya's shoulder but it was either that or let his kingdom fall apart.

If you still think this isekai is stupid because of its concept, here some advice. Go watch High School Prodigies and then come back and try saying that again. TRUST ME. There's a good chance you'll take back everything yous said about this anime. This is far more believable than that anime. Seriously, if the whole nuclear reactor thing doesn't get you then the scene with the samurai girl who not only has the ability to run really fast but can also carry an already ignited cruise missile will.

High school prodigies is without a doubt more garbage than this one

But you know I can't help myself feeling like they rushed this whole thing just to make the MC look like a good. Like for example the King is not lame, he is an idiot(and incompetent) but he is so stupid that he just gave up the throne to someone he barely knows !!? And even if he doesn't want it and willingly gave it up, what about the advisor or the people, how come they didn't protest about this or do they have an opinion about this ?? I mean The Princess did. Funny even though the word 'Realist' is in the work title they begin with an unrealistic start

This why I struggle to take a liking with this kind of Isekai series, instead of focusing on the story they chose to disregard it and focus on showing us the MC is ridiculously smart (and lucky). Now I'm not impressed with the 1st ep (and I doubt it will get any better if they keep this up) but it is too early for me make a judgement. We'll see
RedChromeJul 4, 2021 10:43 PM
Jul 4, 2021 10:03 PM
May 2011
I'm bummed at all the stuff they're leaving out just in the first episode, as someone way invested in the Light Novel. That doesn't bode well for the rest of the season but I'll be along for the ride.

But ya'll, let's be clear here: there is a lot of potential, but the story that'll be laid out here will most likely be kinda trashy. That's not a knock against it. I also liked High School Prodigies, trashy as hell but such a wish-fulfillment series. And isekai is a wish-fulfillment genre. Trashy is fine when you know what you're going into. Let shows be trashy sometimes.
ninja_jesusJul 4, 2021 10:08 PM
Jul 4, 2021 10:52 PM

May 2016
RedChrome said:
DirectorK said:

But you know I can't help myself feeling like they rushed this whole thing just to make the MC look like a good. Like for example the King is not lame, he is an idiot(and incompetent) but he is so stupid that he just gave up the throne to someone he barely knows !!? And even if he doesn't want it and willingly gave it up, what about the advisor or the people, how come they didn't protest about this or do they have an opinion about this ?? I mean The Princess did. Funny even though the word 'Realist' is in the work title they begin with an unrealistic start

This why I struggle to take a liking with this kind of Isekai series, instead of focusing on the story they chose to disregard it and focus on showing us the MC is ridiculously smart (and lucky). Now I'm not impressed with the 1st ep but it is too early for me make a judgement. Maybe or should I say hopefully it will get better later

Not to sound rude but did you even watch the episode? The first scene, along with the scene of them explaining the situation to Kazuya, made it clear that they exhausted all other options and that summoning the hero was the last resort since no one had a better idea.

Have you ever been in a leadership position before? I have and I can tell you from experience that it's not as easy as it looks. When you're a leader you are under more pressure than anyone else because everyone, and I mean everyone, is depending on you to make the big decisions and that pressure can really get to you. Either you have the ability to do it or you don't. With that in mind if the King wasn't up to the task what makes you think his advisors could do any better? In all seriousness the kingdom is actually very lucky that they summoned someone like Kazuya to their world and not self centered jerk who would have drove the kingdom into ruin because of greed, lust, and power.

The King didn't hand his kingdom over right out of the blue. He and his advisors spent three whole days with Kazuya before he made that announcement. Of course his advisors would be shocked but once they thought it over they would have realized it was actually the best decision he ever made as King. Naturally his daughter would have protested about it but once she saw for herself how intelligent Kazuya was she no longer cared because what he was doing, despite being controversial, was for the good of the kingdom. And what were the common people going to do? Revolt? As far as I can tell the King wasn't that popular anyway so why should they even protest the sudden change of power? Once Kazuya's reforms go into effect no one's going to be complaining.

I honestly don't understand what you're so worked up about. You're complaining about the MC who for once is actually an intelligent person instead of some dumb, perverted loser who can't stand up for himself. Like, what were you expecting this isekai to be? Another dumb hero summoned another world to defeat the evil demon lord or empire while creating a harem in the process and having a bunch of stupid fanservice? At least give this one some credit for trying to do something different for once instead of sticking to the same routine.
DirectorKJul 4, 2021 11:04 PM
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
Jul 4, 2021 11:27 PM

Jul 2014
Inori Minase voicing the main heroine? And she even sings the OP? I'm sold!

How funny is it that the MC is voiced by Yuusuke Kobayashi and we have a meeting between Rem and Subaru in another isekai xD.

Props to the king who gave the throne to someone more capable and now he can spend more cozy time with the queen haha.

Great first episode, lots of talk but the kind that's fun. I also liked the 2 MC's so I'm looking forward to more.
Jul 4, 2021 11:46 PM

Mar 2014
DirectorK said:
RedChrome said:

This why I struggle to take a liking with this kind of Isekai series, instead of focusing on the story they chose to disregard it and focus on showing us the MC is ridiculously smart (and lucky). Now I'm not impressed with the 1st ep but it is too early for me make a judgement. Maybe or should I say hopefully it will get better later

Not to sound rude but did you even watch the episode? The first scene, along with the scene of them explaining the situation to Kazuya, made it clear that they exhausted all other options and that summoning the hero was the last resort since no one had a better idea.

Have you ever been in a leadership position before? I have and I can tell you from experience that it's not as easy as it looks. When you're a leader you are under more pressure than anyone else because everyone, and I mean everyone, is depending on you to make the big decisions and that pressure can really get to you. Either you have the ability to do it or you don't. With that in mind if the King wasn't up to the task what makes you think his advisors could do any better? In all seriousness the kingdom is actually very lucky that they summoned someone like Kazuya to their world and not self centered jerk who would have drove the kingdom into ruin because of greed, lust, and power.

The King didn't hand his kingdom over right out of the blue. He and his advisors spent three whole days with Kazuya before he made that announcement. Of course his advisors would be shocked but once they thought it over they would have realized it was actually the best decision he ever made as King. Naturally his daughter would have protested about it but once she saw for herself how intelligent Kazuya was she no longer cared because what he was doing, despite being controversial, was for the good of the kingdom. And what were the common people going to do? Revolt? As far as I can tell the King wasn't that popular anyway so why should they even protest the sudden change of power? Once Kazuya's reforms go into effect no one's going to be complaining.

I honestly don't understand what you're so worked up about. You're complaining about the MC who for once is actually an intelligent person instead of some dumb, perverted loser who can't stand up for himself. Like, what were you expecting this isekai to be? Another dumb hero summoned another world to defeat the evil demon lord or empire while creating a harem in the process and having a bunch of stupid fanservice? At least give this one some credit for trying to do something different for once instead of sticking to the same routine.

I did watched it and it was bullshit, too bullshit for me to swallow, and let me say the MC is smart it's because they are all unrealistically stupid just to glorify the MC.

And leadership, what leadership ??What did he actually do ?? Selling off the country's National treasure to pay off some the debt, any idiot could have done that. Sure he is an "educated" person I assume and like you said being a leader it's a tough job but they don't actually know if he is qualified for it. So giving him that responsibility is very unrealistic to me, it would've make more sense if he started with something small just to show he can do and then he become King

I don't wanna argue with you okay and don't take this the wrong way, I don't think this show is unique just because the MC this time is smart and not overpower like many other Isekai garbage (where they like to glorify the MC so much like he is God and the whole turn into a train wreck like high school prodigies) and it frustrates me to see them keep messing up in telling the story cause if they have done it better I probably wouldn't have been so upset about it
RedChromeJul 5, 2021 12:29 AM
Jul 4, 2021 11:51 PM

Nov 2015
I really like the manga so far, though i know the anime won't be as good as the manga, it will be quite fun to watch

7/10 outta respect, but if the quality continue this shitty, i'll change to a 6/10

And tbh i'm quite mad they didn't use the great panels the manga has. The artstyle and panels of the manga we're so good from the beginning
Jul 5, 2021 1:10 AM

May 2016
RedChrome said:
I did watched it and it was bullshit, too bullshit for me to swallow, and let me say the MC is smart it's because they are all unrealistically stupid just to glorify the MC.

Well then, that's your problem not mine. I was able to understand everything just fine because I actually used my brain instead of complaining. Did you not read the first paragraph of my original post? Kaguya comes from a very different and more highly advanced world than theirs because education is a standard and not a privilege. If you still can't understand that then I don't know what to say. The King and his advisors didn't to where they are by doing nothing and they are not stupid for the sake of glorifying the MC. That's a really childish way to look at it.

And leadership, what leadership ??What did he actually do ?? Selling off the country's National treasure to pay off some the debt, any idiot could have done that. Sure he is an "educated" person I assume and like you said being a leader it's a tough job but they don't actually know if he is qualified for it. So giving him that responsibility is very unrealistic to me, it would've make more sense if he started with something small just to show he can do and then he become King

What did you expect him to do? Go out and waste money by traveling around the kingdom and making fancy speeches to prove that he was smarter then everyone else? If he had done that no one would have taken him seriously. Again, the King and his advisors spent three whole days with him. That's more than enough time for them to realize that Kazuya knew what he was talking about and he proved that when he explained everything he was doing to the princess. If you had actually paid attention to what he was saying then you would have understood it. How do you think sport players become team captains? Or students who become President of Student Councils? They did it through their actions and their knowledge, not with words.

Let me make very simple for you to understand. The kingdom is dire straits and everyone knows it. They need to do something drastic in order to keep from going under and if handing control of the kingdom to a stranger, who's proven to be far more intelligent than they are, and selling their national treasure is the only way to do it then so be it. It's either that or let themselves be conquered by another nation after they collapse.

I don't wanna argue with you okay and don't take this the wrong way, I don't think this show is unique just because the MC this time is smart and not overpower like many other Isekai garbage (where they like to glorify the MC so much like he is God and the whole turn into a train wreck like high school prodigies) but it frustrates me to see them keep messing up in telling the story cause if they have done it better I probably wouldn't have been so upset about it

So let me see if understand this correctly. You're upset with this anime because it's not realistic enough according to you even though both I and the anime explained things in a way that a child could understand. This anime isn't rushed like you and others have been claiming. Simply put, you want everything to be explained to you through overly long exposition scenes. While we did have one centered on Kaguya explaining his plans to the princess they kept it straightforward, simple, and easy to understand. I got through this opening episode just fine while you didn't simply because you didn't take the time to understand what was being said and done.

Let me give you some advice. If you're going to reply to posts like mine expect that person to reply with a counter argument. More importantly, however, don't start arguments that you can't win or make statements that you can't support. It will only end up embarrassing you.
Jul 5, 2021 1:21 AM

Mar 2014
DirectorK said:
RedChrome said:

Well then, that's your problem not mine. I was able to understand everything just fine because I actually used my brain instead of complaining. Did you not read the first paragraph of my original post? Kaguya comes from a very different and more highly advanced world than theirs because education is a standard and not a privilege. If you still can't understand that then I don't know what to say. The King and his advisors didn't to where they are by doing nothing and they are not stupid for the sake of glorifying the MC. That's a really childish way to look at it.

What did you expect him to do? Go out and waste money by traveling around the kingdom and making fancy speeches to prove that he was smarter then everyone else? If he had done that no one would have taken him seriously. Again, the King and his advisors spent three whole days with him. That's more than enough time for them to realize that Kazuya knew what he was talking about and he proved that when he explained everything he was doing to the princess. If you had actually paid attention to what he was saying then you would have understood it. How do you think sport players become team captains? Or students who become President of Student Councils? They did it through their actions and their knowledge, not with words.

Let me make very simple for you to understand. The kingdom is dire straits and everyone knows it. They need to do something drastic in order to keep from going under and if handing control of the kingdom to a stranger, who's proven to be far more intelligent than they are, and selling their national treasure is the only way to do it then so be it. It's either that or let themselves be conquered by another nation after they collapse.

I don't wanna argue with you okay and don't take this the wrong way, I don't think this show is unique just because the MC this time is smart and not overpower like many other Isekai garbage (where they like to glorify the MC so much like he is God and the whole turn into a train wreck like high school prodigies) but it frustrates me to see them keep messing up in telling the story cause if they have done it better I probably wouldn't have been so upset about it

So let me see if understand this correctly. You're upset with this anime because it's not realistic enough according to you even though both I and the anime explained things in a way that a child could understand. This anime isn't rushed like you and others have been claiming. Simply put, you want everything to be explained to you through overly long exposition scenes. While we did have one centered on Kaguya explaining his plans to the princess they kept it straightforward, simple, and easy to understand. I got through this opening episode just fine while you didn't simply because you didn't take the time to understand what was being said and done.

Let me give you some advice. If you're going to reply to posts like mine expect that person to reply with a counter argument. More importantly, however, don't start arguments that you can't win or make statements that you can't support. It will only end up embarrassing you.

Fine I'm gonna stop cause it's clear you don't get it and I'm wasting my time with you

Btw it's Kazuya and not Kaguya okay, at least get that one right
RedChromeJul 5, 2021 1:26 AM
Jul 5, 2021 1:23 AM

Jul 2020
A new Isekai, and I wont deny that I look forward to it.

We have a really hot heroine in here, and she's already made quite the impression. With no real backstory, Kazuya just got yoinked into this fantasy world, and already became the king and is the fiancee of Liscia, the princess, I'm certainly quite curious to see how that romance plays out.
Jul 5, 2021 1:31 AM
May 2011
DirectorK said:

This episode could’ve been better if they had simply stuck to the source material. They crammed a whole bunch of characters for the sake of establishing their existence in the narrative and not much else, when they could’ve spent the time showing how badly the country was really doing instead of just saying it. They could’ve expanded on how hard not only Kazuya was working but the entire kingdom’s staff were working due to his influence (which is established in the novel). They could’ve fit a scene into this episode that will most likely be in the next one, but having it in episode 1 would’ve helped solidify Kazuya and Licia’s chemistry even further than their first meeting did. While I wouldn’t go so far as to say this episode sucked (it’s only the first one after all) I will say that it didn’t live up to my expectations (though really, what adaptation truly does?).

edit: removed some bits for irrelevance, was gonna make a completely different comment when I realized my knowledge of the series doesn't really matter here lol
ninja_jesusJul 5, 2021 1:39 AM
Jul 5, 2021 2:20 AM

Mar 2009
That is one seriously low budget isekai.
Jul 5, 2021 3:47 AM

Mar 2019
It's not bad not great either . looks just fine . Let's see what happens after all

Jul 5, 2021 3:55 AM

Nov 2013
Hmm... I thought this would be more serious. Even Shield hero was more serious than this anime (first episode). It honestly felt like they're rushing. Everyone seems to be accepting, accepting, accepting decisions/changes that are normally NOT accepted with such ease and carelessness.
Summoning a random person, making him a king in 3 days!, giving him a princess, letting him rule the nation as he pleases basically. I guess this show will not try to take itself seriously and everyone will just accept changes and the hero - Easy Peasy. Since the focus of the show has to be economics, I still wonder how the hero will revitalize the nation's economy. Hopefully they'll take this part seriously and we won't have some "undiscovered gold mines" that pop up out of nowhere and that's how hero will fix the problems and shit. I want improved infrastructure, roads, sewer systems, schools, hospitals, factories, irrigation, national bank, improved taxation... Please don't be a cheap crap and explain to us viewers how shit's done with... "hero spent 3 days reading papers and that's how he figured out how to fix most(all) problems inside the nation - the end" THIS kind of "explanations".
Jul 5, 2021 6:43 AM

Mar 2012
The king just handing over his position to the summoned hero is the most unrealistic thing ever! Also the info dump, I almost fell asleep listening to them. Still seems a bit better compared to game-based isekai.
Jul 5, 2021 7:37 AM

May 2016
@RedChrome
@ninja_jesus

I do get what you two are saying but you're both forgetting one thing when it comes to adaptations, especially in anime: Time constraints. If either of you have done any kind of film making you would know how much of a nuisance this is especially when it comes to fantasy setting. J.C. Perhaps Staff could have gone without an OP in this opening episode since they didn't have an ED but even then there's only so much you can do without the amount of time you have. We're talking about a twenty-three minute episode after all. If this had been a fifty minute episode then it probably would have been perfect, but this is what we got so far and I'm totally fine with it.

The purpose of the opening act is to give the viewers a decent idea of what the setting is, who the characters are, and what the story will be about. This first episode succeeded in all three subjects and I got no complaints. It did what it needed to do without overwhelming the audience with a massive info dump. If they included every single detail then a lot more people would be complaining, "Too much info! I don't care about this stuff! I want more action! I want more waifus! I want more fanservice!"

You see what I'm getting at? Just give the audience enough to digest for now and give them more later. To be honest I'm more worried that they'll forget about what the story was originally suppose to be in favor of providing more fanservice as the series goes on. This is J.C. Staff after all and they're notorious for their fanservice.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

100 by Tsinelas »»
May 28, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

147 by Akari_Netsu »»
May 14, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

91 by Archean-Return »»
May 1, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

87 by Archean-Return »»
May 1, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

140 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 30, 10:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.