Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 19, 2021 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
With all the events in the recent episode, it seems the house got even more tense and eerie than usual. Kate is back now but ironically, it's Emilico this time that is trapped.

Feels like there's never a moment of peace in this show. Felt really bad for Emilico as she felt helpless :(
Jun 19, 2021 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
It's still disheartening to see Emilico being manipulated through Lord Grandfather's coffee soot, and Kate does her best to rid her Living Doll of that succumbing.

Emilico's hidden "Don't Fret Notebook" diary is so Emilico lols, but deriding this "soot sickness" by forcing Emilico to drink water for a cure against loyalty, and even if it looks bad, Kate brought her humanity back by hook or by crook.

Even the regular citizens receive the Shadows Family' soot coal? But in exchange, it's even clear that children are brainwashed to become Living Dolls by drinking Lord's Grandfather's coffee soot, when it looks like regular coffee to the outsiders, dragging them into Shadows House as sacrifice.

Kate has made it clear that Shadows House is a prison for both young Shadows and human Living Dolls. And John, are you still pursuing Kate in the name of love lols. Unsurprising that Shaun is also brainwashed as much as both Living Doll and Shadow Master fight against each other to reclaim Shaun's humanity, but Emilico has vanished into thin air.

Extending the word to Lou and Louise, but Shadow Master Louise playing it off like it's normal. Nevertheless, the meeting beween the 4 young Shadow Masters over the whole Shadows House situation, and they stand together in unity with Kate to save their Living Dolls out of this prison, but first, find Emilico who's been kidnapped by the most likely of suspects: Edward.

The following-to-cut manga source material aside, we're clearly heading into anime-original territory.
KANLen09Jun 19, 2021 11:38 AM
Jun 19, 2021 9:00 AM

Jan 2011
Looks like Cloverworks is fucking everything up again.
Jun 19, 2021 10:26 AM

Jun 2019
I still love how much Kate and Emilico care about each other. Kate wants the old Emilico back which is gone after she took that coffee and is in control of Grandfather. Kate read Emilico's secret diary which gave her hints of how to turn her back to normal. Emilico drank a lot of water and seemed like normal after some time. Kate told Emilico about her being a human.

Suddenly, Emilico went missing and Kate is worried about her well-being. Kate asked for help from John who was also suffering from the same thing that his doll is not the same. They both managed to make up with each other and with all the other shadows, Kate is coming to rescue Emilico from Edward.
Jun 19, 2021 10:26 AM

Feb 2019
So the secret of shadows house is finally revealed. As I speculated last week, the dolls aren’t actually dolls and are actually real people taken from nearby villages. I’m still wondering how this transition started, how the first fairy was able to take human form and initiate this tradition. I’m guessing that’s lord grandfather.

Raises the bigger question of what’s the shadows ultimate motive? To replace humans? Or something else. Also raises the point that Edward and the higher ranking dolls are all well aware of what’s going on. A lot of mystery left to be unravelled in this.
Jun 19, 2021 10:30 AM
Sep 2015
A big reveal is so frightening it almost breaks me, but Emilico suddenly want to see herself just to see how human look like, and I laugh a lot!
Jun 19, 2021 10:30 AM
Sep 2019
Great episode. But I'm feeling like the revelations are a bit rushed. Is it being faithful to the source material?
Jun 19, 2021 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder what the ending of this show will be now that it's diverged lol
Jun 19, 2021 10:45 AM
Aug 2019
The water scene made me feel so anxious, and that twist I wasn’t expecting. Why aren’t more people watching this show, it’s just amazing to me. Some of the best world building for a series like this.
Jun 19, 2021 10:46 AM
May 2021
matheuscardoso said:
Great episode. But I'm feeling like the revelations are a bit rushed. Is it being faithful to the source material?

Yep, diverged. Horribly? I'm not certain but yeah the revelation is already here so all that's left could be entirely anime-original epilogue next week.
Jun 19, 2021 10:51 AM

Feb 2020
Those revelations were pretty shocking.
Jun 19, 2021 10:56 AM

Mar 2020
sasuga clobberworks, never failed to provide us with meta level entertainment!
Jun 19, 2021 10:57 AM

Apr 2018
Seems like Kate has to bring back Emilico. And then she found a way to bring her back.. and that is by drinking water. This really felt like a torture episode lol but whatever. I wanted to see that shadow woman's face and yes they granted me that! Thank you. The offering that the noble shadow was talking about were kids... goddamn kids?
Well that was one hell of a twist, the dolls are actually humans. If emilico's a human then how did she survive that fall when she saved Kate? Shaun vs John was a spectular fight, very much action packed! They're going to team up to beat down Edward, looking forward to that.
Great episode.
SideCharacterKalJun 19, 2021 11:03 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 19, 2021 11:00 AM
Aug 2016
Great episode. Tbh, that village reveal is pretty fucked up. I hate the Shadows family, especially the top authorities and Lord Grandfather especially even more now. It seems that the band of 4 has united to find Emilico. Damn Edward is a butthurt ass XD

Again 5/5 episode.
Jun 19, 2021 11:06 AM
Mar 2020
wait... its different than the manga..
Jun 19, 2021 11:09 AM

Mar 2018
Another great episode.

I wonder why Kate started to doubt shadows house and grandfather when she shouldn't really know anything except what's mentioned in those books.

And what made Edward suspect her when she kept everything secret even from Emilico.
Jun 19, 2021 11:14 AM
Mar 2021
This is very different from the manga, I wonder how it will end with this new arc?
Jun 19, 2021 11:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The water kinda stopped Emilico's brainwashing but Kate decided to reveal everything to her, and as expected they're not dolls but real humans that have been taken from villages to work there and they clearly their memories thanks to the café, it's not surprising how she got kidnapped to get brainwashed again Kate should have been quiet or more subtle, anyway now they'll have to save her as soon as possible :/
Jun 19, 2021 11:22 AM

Jul 2019
The scene between Kate and Emilico when the latter returned from soot oblivion made me physically uncomfortable, it was so sad and emancipative at the same time... I'm glad that all the young Shadows are on the same page of helping their involuntary doubles.
Jun 19, 2021 11:25 AM

Oct 2017
The living dolls were humans all along? Not only that but they were also taken from the villages the shadows are controlling. Man now this is fucked up.

Also yo for once all four of the shadows are gonna work together, I'm hyped for the next episode.
Jun 19, 2021 11:26 AM

Jul 2015
now that i've read other people comments.. i did find it weird how Kate was able to come to this conclusion without any actual solid proof..
Tho.. Living dolls being human was pretty obvious from the start.. but it was terrifying how the Shadows control the human villagers with smoke..
Jun 19, 2021 11:26 AM

Jun 2014
The disturbing truth is finally revealed, that the "living dolls" are actually human children that are provided to Shadows House as offerings. Meanwhile, Emilico has been freed from her brainwashing but is now missing thanks to Edward.

According to some people here, this is different from the manga. Lol this seems to be turning into a recurring pattern with shows adapted by Cloverworks.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 19, 2021 11:34 AM

May 2013
All this Revelations I'm scared for Kate's safety and I don't trust Louis at all I think the one that Kidnaped Emilico is actually a good guy cause Tea sounds like it might be the cure to Coffee.
Jun 19, 2021 11:46 AM

Jan 2021
Yay, it worked, thank goodness normal Emilico is back

Nononono, this is very dark, kidnapping children? Although I couldn't like Emilico's reaction more, always thinking positive (⌒ω⌒)

Another big problem arises, now after the debut, it's the turn of the shadows 0.0
Jun 19, 2021 11:47 AM
Feb 2020
Cloverworks why? You were doing so well
Jun 19, 2021 11:54 AM
Feb 2021
each chapter is better than the previous one
Jun 19, 2021 11:57 AM
Apr 2016
Original ending means any chances of a season 2 are gone I guess
Jun 19, 2021 12:00 PM
Dec 2020
The anime has adapted the manga pretty well. They did cut some small scenes, but they dug themselves a hole by cutting the kidnapper character's introduction in the the night duty episode.

I feel like they're going to cut so much just to reveal who they're in episode 13. Please Cloverworks, just forget finishing it with a bang and just do another season WITH the buildup.
Jun 19, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 2011
Thankfully soot was weaker than water. After all maybe a couple more cups of water Emilico would had died from water intoxication.

Dorothy is insanely beautiful.

John way of stop the brainwash, was too manly honestly.

I think Louise will turn as a way to become Star Bearer, after all she is happy with the brainwash control.
Jun 19, 2021 12:15 PM
Oct 2015
JanPri said:
Original ending means any chances of a season 2 are gone I guess

Did we seriously ever expect a season 2, tho? I'm still astonished this got adapted for a first season to begin with, considering how unknown it is.
Jun 19, 2021 12:16 PM
Aug 2013
Mercuri said:
All this Revelations I'm scared for Kate's safety and I don't trust Louis at all I think the one that Kidnaped Emilico is actually a good guy cause Tea sounds like it might be the cure to Coffee.

That may be true! was wondering why it's tea not coffee
enticing episode
Jun 19, 2021 12:19 PM

Apr 2020
good to see emilico back to normal. and i am happy too see the shadows are working together again.

i don't read the manga but i will be sad if they make original ending and destroy the chance for season 2, i love this anime
Jun 19, 2021 12:22 PM
Nov 2019
Anime original ending...
It seems there is not going to be a second season of the show. I hope it is at least a decent ending
Jun 19, 2021 12:27 PM

Jun 2017
Well I'm kinda sad that they've gone anime original but I have hope that the ending will still be good. Surely they can't pull a TPN in the space of two episodes... right?
Jun 19, 2021 12:28 PM

Jun 2019
As a manga reader, i can say they will make original ending. So we don't know about emilyko kidnaping.
Jun 19, 2021 12:31 PM

Jun 2019
matheuscardoso said:

No. Actually they will make original ending
Jun 19, 2021 12:35 PM
Dec 2020
Night duty episode character in chapters 19-20

Last chapter correctly adapted in episode 11 is chapter 47.
Chapter 48-50 are skipped.
In anime Chapter 51, John beats Shaun up like in the anime BUT KATE isn't even there.
Chapter 52-60 ARE COMPLETELY CUT! IMPORTANT!
In anime Chapter 61. Only the shadows are in Patrick's room, Emilico isn't even missing.

Other stuff cut, chapter 7 where Emilico sees Mia for the first time
Chapter 9, origin for the little toy bird's material.

Jun 19, 2021 12:39 PM
Oct 2015
Plats said:
Well I'm kinda sad that they've gone anime original but I have hope that the ending will still be good. Surely they can't pull a TPN in the space of two episodes... right?

They literally can't even do a PowerPoint ending like The Promised PowerPoint because the manga isn't even close to ending.
Jun 19, 2021 12:45 PM
Nov 2009
salld said:
gotta say, seems like lots of information has kinda just been slapped in again.

Really don't understand how you guys think this is a lot of information:

-Coffee is used for brainwashing
-Living dolls are actually humans
-Shadows are formed when in contact with humans and form a personality

There's way more things that have yet to be explained, this is one the tip of the iceberg. Also the latter part of the episode is anime original, so it seems unfortunately they dun goofd and there won't be a second season.

@MillyKKitty to add to the list, they also cut out the part where
ZanbakaJun 19, 2021 12:49 PM
Jun 19, 2021 12:49 PM
Oct 2015
Zanbaka said:
salld said:
gotta say, seems like lots of information has kinda just been slapped in again.

Really don't understand how you guys think this is a lot of information:

-Coffee is used for brainwashing
-Living dolls are actually humans
-Shadows are formed when in contact with humans and form a personality

There's way more things that have yet to be explained, this is one the tip of the iceberg. Also the latter part of the episode is anime original, so it seems unfortunately they dun goofd and there won't be a second season.

Who even expects second seasons anymore except uber popular anime like AOT or idol stuff? : /
Jun 19, 2021 12:52 PM

May 2018
Now that's uncharacteristic thing for Kate, to spill the beans immediately before everyone from her debut group.
Was this act part of the manga or anime original? (I mean I want to know only about this act not everything that happens in the manga.)
Jun 19, 2021 12:54 PM

Jun 2017
I am not a manga reader but for me it seems the story is flowing well.. Anyway..now that I know there is significant diverging it's gonna be hard to not binge the manga at this point. lol

Mercuri said:

I also found that weird they weren't giving her coffee but tea..so maybe the kidnappers are really good and they just don't know Kate already turned Emilico back to normal.

John literally beating Shaun to his senses was funny tho.
Jun 19, 2021 1:04 PM

Aug 2010
As expected, the living dolls are actually humans. Wonder how did Kate knew about it?

So this episode is when it's diverge from the manga? If so, I might read the manga now instead of when the series finished.
Jun 19, 2021 1:06 PM
Oct 2015
Shirayukin said:
As expected, the living dolls are actually humans. Wonder how did Kate knew about it?

So this episode is when it's diverge from the manga? If so, I might read the manga now instead of when the series finished.

I can't advise this enough. I think they might really spoil some things in a big way soon. Please go catch up with the story- you'll love it!
Jun 19, 2021 1:12 PM

Aug 2010
DukeofWalton said:
Shirayukin said:

I can't advise this enough. I think they might really spoil some things in a big way soon. Please go catch up with the story- you'll love it!
thanks for the input! I really enjoy this series so far so I'm sure I'll like the manga too :)
Jun 19, 2021 1:40 PM
Dec 2020
That one is in chapter 9
@Zanbaka
Jun 19, 2021 1:52 PM

Sep 2013
Oh no.
Oh no oh no oh no
I'm having horrible feeling about this and it's TPN2 kinda feeling
I don't like where this is going, they just threw so much mind games out the window
I don't like this at all...
Jun 19, 2021 1:53 PM

Jul 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong.

- Ingesting soot (usually in firm of coffee) has an effect on human mind causing them to be more vulnerable to manipulation and brainwashing. That's why there are fuming chimneys everywhere, so they could spread soot around the area, do humans would breath it in.
- Living Dolls are actual humans.
- Shadows are parasitic beings, who mimic human appearance and eventually take over their bodies.

I recommend you to listen to the ED carefully. It foreshadowes everything
PiromyslJun 19, 2021 2:13 PM

Jun 19, 2021 1:53 PM

May 2010
alshu said:
Now that's uncharacteristic thing for Kate, to spill the beans immediately before everyone from her debut group.
Was this act part of the manga or anime original? (I mean I want to know only about this act not everything that happens in the manga.)

IT IS uncharacteristic. I was afraid that in anime Kate just gonna go ahead and tell everybody else aside from John about dolls. If some things that was skipped in anime aren't that glaring (I even could complement anime for "keeping the slow pace"), that one part you can clearly see doesn't get along very well with what was shown before. Conclusions and reveals started popping out like shrooms after a rain all of a sudden, pacing got ruined right before the end. You can tell that ending is going to be different, and that's kind of sad.
Jun 19, 2021 1:58 PM
Feb 2021
My god what the fuck with this episode, this episode does not make any sense, they rushed so many things and they took a complete another direction from the manga. Ok you can change story in an anime from the original source, but here it is rush and done in such a hurry oO. Apart from manga material, it is a bad anime episode, everything is rush, kate teleport into shaun room, then in instant meet louise then teleport in patrick room (We do not know why, it just happen lol), at this rate i was even afraid she would say to everyone she was against the shadows house .

And where are they going in term of story, how they can start a plot like that with the two episode remaining, they will never have time to finish the plot they started with two episode, why choose to make a 13 episode anime instead of eleven.
11 episode would have been perfect, they could just have finish the "debut" arc and introduce the new arc by kate saying to emilyko she want to rebel against the shadow house and conclude.
AkihapJun 19, 2021 2:40 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

149 by Ricky16 »»
Jul 11, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

128 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

190 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:58 PM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity.

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

9 by ichihito »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:28 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

62 by _kukiyomenai »»
Jul 15, 2023 2:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.