Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 8, 2021 3:25 AM

Sep 2020
Light is officially out of top 5 most popular character

F for Light, Light was a great villian. I'm also slightly mad that L is also overtaken by Levi but I guess that was inevitable

I'm not trusting most popular character on MAL from now on

But who the fuck is this Roronoa Zoro who came in Top 5?
May 8, 2021 3:27 AM

Jun 2020
Roronoa Zoro is from One piece. What now?
May 8, 2021 3:30 AM

Sep 2020
Totalitarian said:

I know that but what is so special about him that made him come in Top 5
May 8, 2021 3:45 AM
Jan 2021
NinjaEra23 said:
Totalitarian said:

Watch it so you will understand but one piece just get better at ep 20 though and the fact that two of the one piece character is in top 5 even though deat note or aot etc etc has more watchers in it...... that just show how likable the characters are in one piece but i think the reason why it has lots of fav is because of how the author make this lot of iconic scenes of one piece just make them tripled likeable..... hope that explains
May 8, 2021 3:52 AM

Oct 2010
Light is not a villain and it's normal for new characters to be above him, Death Note aired in 2007 and the manga is long gone. You don't see me angry that Amuro Ray is not top 5
May 8, 2021 4:07 AM

Dec 2020
Catalano said:
Light is not a villain and it's normal for new characters to be above him, Death Note aired in 2007 and the manga is long gone. You don't see me angry that Amuro Ray is not top 5

bruh tf, light wasn't a villain😮😮😮😮😮
Who said a Protagonist can't be a villain 💀
May 8, 2021 4:07 AM

Nov 2018
Suck it up, princess. Just about all the characters were being boosted by bot accounts, and now your precious Light has been knocked down thanks to those bots.

The statistics are more reliable now than they were before, so why trust the stats before the fix?

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
May 8, 2021 4:20 AM

Jun 2016
NinjaEra23 said:

You never should have trusted them in the first place.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 8, 2021 4:31 AM

Nov 2016
NinjaEra23 said:
Totalitarian said:

Nothing...really, literally nothing happened with him.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 8, 2021 4:34 AM

Sep 2019
NinjaEra23 said:

F for Light, Light was a great villian. I'm also slightly mad that L is also overtaken by Levi but I guess that was inevitable

rorona zoro is an animated version of Johncena. Johncena is very popular so it's no denying that why zoro is this popular.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
May 8, 2021 5:06 AM

Nov 2020
NinjaEra23 said:

i will never understand why L repeatedly ranks higher than light when light is way more interesting and complex!! and i’m glad levi overtook L personally. but yea, big F in chat for light lmaoooo
May 8, 2021 5:13 AM

Sep 2020
_cjessop19_ said:
Suck it up, princess. Just about all the characters were being boosted by bot accounts, and now your precious Light has been knocked down thanks to those bots.

The statistics are more reliable now than they were before, so why trust the stats before the fix?

I didn't mean that I trusted it before the fix, It was never trusted actually, I think that they still didn't remove a huge amount of bots that boosted Eren and Levi during AOT Final season. Anyway Light is still hella more popular and compelling compared to Luffy and Zoro and it's a fact. One Piece character are there because it's going for so long and It's huge fanbase in Western media
May 8, 2021 5:17 AM

Jul 2020
I stopped caring for the ratings and I couldn't care less for the favorites in the first place lmao.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 8, 2021 5:23 AM

Nov 2018
NinjaEra23 said:
_cjessop19_ said:

I didn't mean that I trusted it before the fix, It was never trusted actually, I think that they still didn't remove a huge amount of bots that boosted Eren and Levi during AOT Final season. Anyway Light is still hella more popular and compelling compared to Luffy and Zoro and it's a fact. One Piece character are there because it's going for so long and It's huge fanbase in Western media

LMAO, you haven't even seen One Piece, do you even have the right to criticize or base assumptions on what you haven't seen yet?

Luffy & Zoro have more character development than all the Death Note characters combined lol.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
May 8, 2021 5:30 AM

Sep 2020
_cjessop19_ said:
NinjaEra23 said:

LMAO, you haven't even seen One Piece, do you even have the right to criticize or base assumptions on what you haven't seen yet?

Luffy & Zoro have more character development than all the Death Note characters combined lol.

That's just your opinion though, It is not written on any stone. Death Note and One Piece are two completely different genres of Anime and can't be compared, including the characters of their Anime. It's pretty idiotic of you to compare them. I would have said given some more argument if you made a fair comparison
May 8, 2021 5:42 AM

Jul 2012
NinjaEra23 said:
_cjessop19_ said:

That's just your opinion though, It is not written on any stone. Death Note and One Piece are two completely different genres of Anime and can't be compared, including the characters of their Anime. It's pretty idiotic of you to compare them. I would have said given some more argument if you made a fair comparison

Lol you were the one who compared them in the first place. At least _cjessop19_ has watched both Death Note and One Piece so he can make a fair comparison between the two (in which I agree btw) unlike you.

Plus "most popular" doesn't mean "best", so who cares? I really don't understand why people make such a fuss about what characters other people add to their "favorites" list.
May 8, 2021 5:46 AM

Sep 2020
HikariShoumeiron said:
NinjaEra23 said:

Lol you were the one who compared them in the first place. At least _cjessop19_ has watched both Death Note and One Piece so he can make a fair comparison between the two (in which I agree btw) unlike you.

Plus "most popular" doesn't mean "best", so who cares? I really don't understand why people make such a fuss about what characters other people add to their "favorites" list.

I didn't compared them, I just said that Light is more popular and well known.
May 8, 2021 5:50 AM

Jul 2015
NinjaEra23 said:

He's not. If you're implying Death Note is more popular and mainstream than One Piece you're flat out wrong. One Piece is probably the best seller worldwide since 20+ years.
May 8, 2021 5:54 AM
May 2020
Theo1899 said:
NinjaEra23 said:

You never should have trusted them in the first place.
FMmatron said:
NinjaEra23 said:

Nothing...really, literally nothing happened with him.
i get that reference , buddy XD

One Piece is bad, really
May 8, 2021 5:56 AM

Sep 2020
Ghemotoc said:
NinjaEra23 said:

He's not. If you're implying Death Note is more popular and mainstream than One Piece you're flat out wrong. One Piece is probably the best seller worldwide since 20+ years.

Sales doesn't totally equal popularity because mangas aren't readily available in every countries in the world including mine
May 8, 2021 6:00 AM
May 2020
NinjaEra23 said:

Zoro deserves the 5th place ...what do you want ?
NinjaEra23 said:
HikariShoumeiron said:

...than Zoro ?

Light is more popular than ZORO ?!

dude there are tons of my friends who love Roronoa Zoro and they dont even watch One Piece

I mean i love Light ...but saying that Light is more popular than Zoro is just a big fat Cap...ik death note is more popular than One Piece in the west but Zoro ironically More popular than Light
One Piece is bad, really
May 8, 2021 6:00 AM

Jul 2015
NinjaEra23 said:
Ghemotoc said:

Sales doesn't totally equal popularity because mangas aren't readily available in every countries in the world including mine

2 months of mainstream hype aren't going to beat 20 years of mainstream hype.
May 8, 2021 6:06 AM
May 2020
This thread is useless...

Who cares bout Characters ranking lmao

Honestly i dont like the fact that Levi is in the top 2...

But yeah ,
Just accept the reality
One Piece is bad, really
May 8, 2021 6:13 AM
Nov 2019
NinjaEra23 said:

The ranking was never about popular characters it was about favourites so defenitely others would be higher than the normal ones
May 8, 2021 6:16 AM

Oct 2014
NinjaEra23 said:
Ghemotoc said:

You need to get out of your bubble and simply accept the fact that your favorite characters aren't as popular as you thought.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
May 8, 2021 6:16 AM

Sep 2020
Ghemotoc said:
NinjaEra23 said:

2 months of mainstream hype aren't going to beat 20 years of mainstream hype.

IDK why you are saying "2 months of mainstream hype"
Death Note manga was in production from 2003-2006, Anime was in production from 2006-2008 (including Relight)
That's total of 6 years
There was also decent Japanese live action film based on Death Note which aired during late 2000s
Death Note Manga at it's time had huge fanbase for a very long time
May 8, 2021 6:21 AM

Sep 2020
Lunilah said:
NinjaEra23 said:

You need to get out of your bubble and simply accept the fact that your favorite characters aren't as popular as you thought.

No I don't need to accept that. Remember that MyAnimelist isn't the only IMDb of Anime, there are tons of other websites
But yeah, Light might not be that popular on MyAnimelist

May 8, 2021 6:23 AM

Jan 2020
If you expect your most favorited characters to be the majority's most favorite characters, You're gonna be disappointed.

Also, I dunno why you're making a big deal out of MAL rankings, I recommend not taking them seriously since many of the placements are pretty whack
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
May 8, 2021 6:29 AM

Oct 2014
NinjaEra23 said:
Lunilah said:

No I don't need to accept that. Remember that MyAnimelist isn't the only IMDb of Anime, there are tons of other websites
But yeah, Light might not be that popular on MyAnimelist
Keep coping. Go to fringe websites to justify your incorrect opinion because you're bothered by the reality of something.

But i'll level with you. You're very young and still very new to anime, you shouldn't talk down things that are from a medium you apparently are so passionate about and might even enjoy yourself, simply because of hurt feelings. You're poisoning the well that is your clear and open minded framework, you're creating bias for something you haven't even watched yet have such concrete judgements and feelings on. You might even go and watch One Piece now just to hate on it or the character you have such a problem with, instead of enjoying something you might actually like.

There is more to anime than Death Note, you'll do better to understand that.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
May 8, 2021 8:26 PM

Jan 2020
Zoro is miles better than light for me so I am very happy

May 8, 2021 8:35 PM

Mar 2020
Its for the better honestly. Most popular characters are trash anyways and its better for Light to not be included with them
May 9, 2021 9:38 PM

Jul 2013
Zoro was always very popular in the one piece fandom, and one piece has a big fandom, and since one piece is still ongoing, there's still more to see for him
May 10, 2021 2:59 AM

Mar 2017
Confused_Larry said:
Its for the better honestly. Most popular characters are trash anyways and its better for Light to not be included with them
someone's salty lmao.

light and l should be swapped honestly.

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

38 by Abomination_suah »»
9 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 1 hour ago

1 by Serafos »»
9 minutes ago

» Describe an anime in a funny way.

NOTAGLOWIE - Mar 2, 2022

33 by AverageRiceFan »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime Openings with Sound Effects

_MushiRock11_ - Mar 28

11 by AverageRiceFan »»
14 minutes ago

» Which character in your favorites do you think is the strongest in a Fight, and which is comparatively Weakest?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 12

11 by AverageRiceFan »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.