Forum Settings
Forums

Video Game 'Blue Reflection' Gets TV Anime

New
Feb 12, 2021 1:49 PM

Jan 2017
Video game publisher Koei Tecmo Games announced a television anime adaptation for it's Blue Reflection: Maboroshi ni Mau Shoujo no Ken (Blue Reflection: Sword of the Girl Who Dances in Illusions) role-playing game on Friday. DMM Pictures also opened an official website, revealing the main staff, cast, a teaser visual (pictured), and teaser promo. The anime series will air under the title Blue Reflection Ray in April 2021 on MBS, TBS, and BS-TBS's Animeism programming block.

Haruka Chisuga (Shirobako) and Manaka Iwami (Gamers!) are starring as Ruka Hanari and Hiori Hirahara, respectively.

Staff
Director: Risako Yoshida (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha Hen)
Series Composition, Script: Akiko Waba (Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. script)
Original Character Design: Mel Kishida (Hanasaku Iroha)
Character Design: Kouichi Kikuta (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o!)
Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (Senyoku no Sigrdrifa)
Music: Shinoda Daisuke
Sound Production: Magic Capsule
Studio: J.C.Staff

EXiNA (Nishizawa Shiena) (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk) will perform the opening theme song.

Developed by Gust, Blue Reflection was released for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in Japan in March 2017. The game launched in Europe and North America in September that year for the PlayStation 4 and PC.

Synopsis
A clear summer sky spreads over the Hoshinomiya Girls' High School. This story begins with the belated start of school life for Hinako Shirai, who has just recovered from a leg injury due to a tragic accident. The magical sisters Yuzu and Lime bestowed her with a special power to become a "Reflector." Hinako transforms into the magical Reflector form and protects the world from devastating forces for the sake of the world, and her own dream that she thought she had to give up on.

PV

Official site: https://bluereflection-ray.com
Official Twitter: @BRRAY_anime

Source: Moca News

Blue Reflection Ray on MAL
Kingsman117Feb 13, 2021 5:18 AM
Feb 12, 2021 2:00 PM
May 2018
might as well drop it right now cause j.c. staff ruining alot of stuff
Feb 12, 2021 2:32 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Wait a sec this game sounds familiar... @Crow_Black, didn't you recommend me this game once or am I imagining things?

Also that violin + piano song in the PV sounds really good......
Feb 12, 2021 2:33 PM
Dec 2017
yeah i actually did reccomended it you and this is actually hte last thing i'd expected today as i was out doing some errands for my parents.
Fario-P said:
Wait a sec this game sounds familiar... @Crow_Black, didn't you recommend me this game once or am I imagining things?

Feb 12, 2021 2:36 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Crow_Black said:
Fario-P said:

yeah i actually did reccomended it you and this is actually hte last thing i'd expected today as i was out doing some errands for my parents.

Well, dunno if I'll still find time for the game, but... either way, at least there's a new magical girl show this year, and at least there's another game you actually know getting adapted. Not sure if I personally will try and watch this anime next season though.
Feb 12, 2021 2:38 PM
Dec 2017
Fario-P said:
Crow_Black said:

Well, dunno if I'll still find time for the game, but either way at least there's a new magical girl show this year.
Not sure if I will try and watch this anime next season though.

Yeah at least its nice to see somethign that isn't another isekai with a jrpg style story lol. My schedule is pretty packed as well too so i have no idea when i'll be able to watch this show either maybe when i get through my most of ptw i may give it a chance.

Feb 12, 2021 2:53 PM
Nov 2009
I've been wanting to play this but it was so expensive... Maybe with my birthday money
Feb 12, 2021 2:58 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Crow_Black said:
Fario-P said:

Well, dunno if I'll still find time for the game, but... either way, at least there's a new magical girl show this year, and at least there's another game you actually know getting adapted. Not sure if I personally will try and watch this anime next season though.

Yeah at least its nice to see somethign that isn't another isekai with a jrpg style story lol. My schedule is pretty packed as well too so i have no idea when i'll be able to watch this show either maybe when i get through my most of ptw i may give it a chance.

Okay I just read some brief reviews of the game on Steam...
I don't think I'll play the game based on what I read (I don't even have a PS4 anyway), especially after seeing multiple mentions of fanservice... but sure, I guess I'll check out this anime sometime in the future and hope that the fanservice isn't as present lol. I'm too lazy to play anything anyway.
Feb 12, 2021 2:59 PM

Jul 2017
I liked the chara design, will def watch it out
Feb 12, 2021 5:07 PM

May 2013
Hopefully it will be better than the game itself lol.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Feb 13, 2021 5:22 PM
Mar 2020
Hpefully a new game will come out. And I hope th emusic comes back for this anime.
Feb 13, 2021 6:18 PM

Dec 2018
Omg the little lesbian lovebirds are so cute! Going around and holding hands,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEES

I love it. Give me some sweet magical lesbian kissing,,,YEEEEEES

Feb 14, 2021 3:21 AM

Apr 2012
As far as I can tell from the teaser's characters, this is not an direct adaptation of the original game. Or not?

Crow_Black said:
Fario-P said:

Well, dunno if I'll still find time for the game, but either way at least there's a new magical girl show this year.
Not sure if I will try and watch this anime next season though.

Sometimes I think people expect to get $ 10 for every post whining about isekai, even if it's just another trendy genre these days.
RobertBobertFeb 14, 2021 3:37 AM
Feb 14, 2021 11:19 AM

Nov 2008
This is not a direct adaptation, probably a good thing since the game is a cult classic at best inside Japan and is more popular outside of Japan.

More topics from this board

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

41 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
6 minutes ago

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

9 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs

Nioxys - 9 hours ago

0 by Nioxys »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Zedlin »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

15 by Ramkec »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.