Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2020 8:54 PM
Aug 2016
Bruh I did not expect a Shou Tucker 2.0 here. Damn that hurt bad :'(

5/5 episode
Dec 18, 2020 8:55 PM

Jul 2020
Wow this is the best episode yet...
Dec 18, 2020 9:02 PM
Jul 2020
Damn mahito Turning Junpei into a curse
Dec 18, 2020 9:15 PM

Dec 2016
Yet another episode where the ED comes up and I'm like: "wtf that was 20 min?!"

Mappa delivering the goods again this week. Great emotional beats and you can feel the weight behind each attack 10/10
Dec 18, 2020 9:25 PM

Apr 2020
The episode was DAMN INTENSE. Junpei fighting off Yuuji was really hard to see but when they reconciled, I thought it was going to be happy o cherry. But Mahito showed up and has transformed Junpei to a monster, WHYYYY.

Yuuji begs Sukuna to fix Junpei was really good. Sukuna and Mahito laughing mercilessly at Yuuji is plain grin to me. And that makes Yuuji go ALL-OUT against Mahito but he just can't beat the unpredictable stitch-man, dude Yuuji is full of holes in his body. But boy when Mahito touched Yuuji's soul, Sukuna scared him off real good. Nanamin now intervenes and next week should be FUCKING GREAT.

Those laughs are pretty despicable, it made me grinned so hard.
Dec 18, 2020 9:32 PM

Dec 2018
Junpei's dead? Oh man, Mappa giving us a false hope on the OP song scene...
Then again, those OP song last happy picnic scene are just Itadori dream vision...
I've started to hate Mahito for doing that to Junpei, before that, I kinda like Mahito, but not anymore.

Dec 18, 2020 9:59 PM
Feb 2019
This episode is visually pleasing damn i really love this episode
Dec 18, 2020 10:22 PM

Nov 2019
Mahito deserved that beatdown, I expect more of it since Nanamin enters the fray! MAPPA's just putting this episode on fire...
Dec 18, 2020 10:28 PM

Apr 2020
I obviously knew it was coming, but this was still so sad!!!

R.I.P Junpei. I hope he sees his mother soon.

They animated the laughing scene so damn nicely. It was as crazy as it was in the manga.
And Sukuna's part was MAD.
--AbiSa--
Dec 18, 2020 10:33 PM
Dec 2020
Loved the fight and left me wanting for more.. can't wait for the next episode
Dec 18, 2020 10:43 PM
Dec 2017
MAPPA got us good with the opening
Dec 18, 2020 11:22 PM
Aug 2019
Rip Junpei.
That Mahito and Sukuna's laugh was cruel.
Yuji's rage was great.

Dec 18, 2020 11:26 PM
Apr 2020
Wow what an episode.. As always, MAPPA exceeds our expectations when it cones from fighting scenes. Pure greatness

The laughing Mahito and Sukuna was creepy as hell xD

That scene when Junpei turned into a curse and cried to Itadori and then flashes their time together almost caught my eyes.
Then Itadori raging and punching Mahito was lit! Rest In Piece, Junpei.

Can't wait how this arc will end. See you again next year, Jujutsu Kaisen. On to the 2nd Cour!!!
Dec 18, 2020 11:26 PM

Sep 2020
Didn't thought I wouldd need Yuji's rage mode before that. I feel so bad laughing at Yuki alongside Mahito and Sukuna

Ah yes, let the sakuga overflow, inject into my veins
Dec 19, 2020 12:03 AM
Apr 2016
Just like I predicted, seems like Junpei died. A solid episode, a lot of nice animation and excitement.
Dec 19, 2020 12:16 AM

Nov 2014
Alex_Lane said:
Nycro said:

Isn't it obvious though? If he came back it would make the emotional scene of Itadori so pointless it would be insulting. Mahito himself said he died.
Long answer: Of course it's obvious to you since you're a manga reader. Also I don't see exactly why Junpei coming back would be so much of reach since Itadori already came back to life once. And seeing how he can manipulate his soul and stuff in this episode PLUS the fact that Junpei is in the opening, Junpei coming back was definitely not out of the question for me.

I think the point here isn't it's not impossible for Junpei to come back since Yuji has already done it once, the thing is that Junpei coming back would ruin the point of his death. It would destroy the emotional impact we had if he had remained dead, and it also lessens the tension. If 2 characters have died and returned to life, future fights will have no risk and without consequences it just makes the story boring.

Also, Yuji wasn't manipulating his soul. Only Mahito could do that. What Yuji was doing was sort of feeling the soul since he has Sukuna's soul in him, so he can kinda feel it, you know? So when he attacks Mahito, he's subconsciously attacking Mahito's soul. It's just like how Nanamin was subconsciously protecting his soul when Mahito touched him and tried to transfigure him. That doesn't mean he can manipulate his soul out of his own will, he's only doing it subconsciously.

@Nycro Just let anime-onlys have their hope. It'll be more emotionally impactful when they come to their own realizations.
Dec 19, 2020 12:20 AM
Jun 2020
I like the way Yuuji show his true friendship with Junpei by trying to save him from doing wrong things. The way Yuuji rage his emotion and fight to for revenge that's holy awesome.

And the most badass character, Sukuna show his appearance that's spin my excitement.

Looking forward to further action between these trio. Mahito, Nanamin, Yuuji.

Dec 19, 2020 12:58 AM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far....Junpei :(
Dec 19, 2020 12:59 AM
Nov 2017
After this episode, Mahito has become my most hated anime character of all time so I hope he is completely crushed, destroyed, exterminated, annihilated in the worst way possible!! ugh...
Dec 19, 2020 1:20 AM
Jul 2019
I can't believe I laughed along with Mahito and Sukuna, something's wrong with me.

I swear these episodes are only 5 minutes long. It feels so short. I'm enjoying this way too much.
Dec 19, 2020 1:29 AM

Aug 2018
Wow im not really into fighting shounen anime since hunter x hunter i find the recent ones cliche and uninteresting but this one jujutsu kaisen is like hxh level in terms of fighting and powers. Im so amazed on this anime as the story progresses. I think so far this ep was the one of the best i ever seen through out this year much better than the all seasons of my hero academia and ep 19 of demon slayer. No force drama and you will feel the emotions of the characters.

The fight with Mahito was so great you can really feel how powerful he was
Also villains have interesting power
This anime really deserved more recognition its really good af
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 19, 2020 1:56 AM
Nov 2017
WTF!?! As I'm reading thru this thread people are spoiling stuff, what a shame, well it reminds me why I don't visit these forum that much with these shitty persons spoiling things :/
Dec 19, 2020 2:05 AM

Mar 2015
Watching the episode: fuck curses
Watching the Juju Stroll: PROTECT THEM AT ALL COST

That headbutting scene was brutal, but feels good seeing Mahito get his ass kicked.
Dec 19, 2020 2:08 AM
Jul 2018
best episode by far and i would like to say that me and my homies love mahito
Dec 19, 2020 2:20 AM
Jun 2019
Once again another phenomenal episode poor Junpei that part sucked the animation and art was incredible this episode as well. If this keeps up this series is a serious contender for AOTY imo.
Dec 19, 2020 2:32 AM

Jun 2019
RIP Junpei. Amazing animation once again by Mappa. Great Episode.
Dec 19, 2020 2:36 AM

Feb 2018
They killed Junpei even though they showed us in the school together at the opening nooooooo :,( This episode was amazing! I'm really curios about what pact Sukuna made with him.
Dec 19, 2020 2:41 AM

Oct 2019
Damn, this ep got me right in the feels. Great production and all too, VAs' job and the animation were phenomenal.

The Juju Stroll was something I was not emotionally ready for, g-ddammit Gege.
Dec 19, 2020 2:51 AM

Apr 2020
Heger said:
They killed Junpei even though they showed us in the school together at the opening nooooooo :,( This episode was amazing! I'm really curios about what pact Sukuna made with him.

He was referring to the pact he made with Yuuji in episode 6.
Dec 19, 2020 3:22 AM

Jun 2020
I was late, I completely forgot.

Well anyway Junpei is dead, I really feel bad for Junpei he got Manipulated, his mom got killed, making him take a revenge and killed him.

And we got to see Mahito vs Itadori really good.
Dec 19, 2020 3:49 AM

Mar 2016
ゲラゲラゲラ scene is awesome, although the sfx would have suit well if they had put it on screen. Yuji's first confrontation with Mahito and he really smashed mahito's head multiple times. It's tough fighting without cursed technique or objects and left with only few options. And Nanamin came to the rescue! Let's see if they can exorcise mahito this time.
Dec 19, 2020 5:48 AM
Oct 2018
Another week, another incredible episode. Poor junpei...yuuji's rage scene gave me chills. Also excited for new op and ed next episode. MAPPA GOAT.
Dec 19, 2020 5:56 AM
Mar 2020
best part about this episode is that itadori became the person, he asked the jinpie to not to be, overall, this episdoe was mixed with all kinds of feeling in the beginning and i toatlly loved this episode, yeah nice one totally satidfied
Dec 19, 2020 5:59 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, i finally been able to see this episode.

Well, to be honestly, its really caught off my guard with the way of Junpei's last role to Itadori. I am already amazed with his cursed technique, but his role was just over to be like that! Dang! Rest in peace, then. Regret always came later, the same condition with Junpei. If only Itadori remembered his own binding vow keyword toward Sukuna, everything were just be done already. Well, thats never be happening because he already lost his own chance back at episode 6.

That wicked laugh of Sukuna. Truly ridiculous, both of them. Those instant fast punch from Itadori already relieved my mind with what happened before. However, its not enough to finish him off. He really needed something more than that to exorcized him. While at the other side, Mahito really did a hardwork, or even its impossible in order to making Itadori's swapped his body with Sukuna. They both realized its a stalemate conditions. Mahito realized Itadori's as his natural enemy, while Itadori couldn't do much to damaging Mahito. In that case, the only thing that could they do just forcing the other sides into their limits no matter what.

Full speed battle scenes. Sukuna little scene was truly nice there. Then, Mahito almost blew off Itadori's body. But, Nanami arrived at the right time. Round two, for Nanami, and round three for Itadori to seek a revenge of what happened with Junpei, and his mother.
Regret always late to come, still better regret than never realized the mistakes. Its time for another full blown battle for the next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 19, 2020 6:13 AM
Mar 2020
The series has become so watchable since the dumb comedy got dropped. Hope it doesnt come back and ruins the mood again.
Dec 19, 2020 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
So he's really dead you got to be kidding me there no way I can just accept that after all those moment
Dec 19, 2020 6:47 AM
Jul 2020
I honestly did think Junpei would be more important to the story, especially after the opening shot with Yuuji and the gang having a picnic. Junpei was an interesting character and I would've liked to see more of him. But it kinda homes in how its a cruel world without compromise.
Dec 19, 2020 6:48 AM

Sep 2013
JUNPEI ;_;

That first opening is fucking cruel now that i think about it.
Deep dark fantasies
Dec 19, 2020 7:05 AM

Nov 2016

01:19 the transition...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 19, 2020 7:07 AM
Apr 2019
What a great episode again! I really felt those rage by Itadori when he's beating the sh*t out of Mahito. It felt really satisfying, however

This makes me curious on how will Chainsaw Man be adapted by MAPPA.
Dec 19, 2020 7:13 AM

Mar 2018
joshgodoy said:
anyone know why itadori wasn't really affected by all the holes in him? just wondering if there's some kind of reason he isn't taking that much damage

Because, this anime is quite trash.
Dec 19, 2020 7:40 AM

Mar 2018
JJK again with a mediocre episode. Yuji was spouting some pseudo intellectual bullshit there. Even though his character is not strong enough/not developed at all to support his views that he was spouting. Mahito is still the bland, 1D villain. It's ironic how the only relatively good character was a minor one i.e Junpei. But even his death didn't make me flinch so I guess the author failed to develop him enough.

The animation was inconsistent. The anatomy of characters were very wrong in places not unlike in GoHS. The direction was lacking fairly. Shots were framed weirdly. I had to go back and watch to make sense of the scenes a couple of times. The choreography of the fight is again appalling. The camera moves in weird ways making it somewhat difficult to follow the fight. This combined with the direction of the fight thoroughly ruin the fight.

The plot armor and plot convenience shown here is also interesting. Yuji gets stabbed throughout his body and is just fine. No blood loss was even shown. He didn't fall dead even though he probably has many ruptured organs. And there is Nanami conveniently appearing to save Yuji.

It's not all bad though. The animation on some scenes was good. The backgrounds are again, very nice and detailed. Junpei was also a good character, atleast until his demise.
Dec 19, 2020 7:53 AM

Jan 2018
Another top tier episode, this adaptation has been amazing so far.
Next week episode should be the last of this arc, the next arc is going to be even better than this one.
New OP and ED probably next episode, can't wait.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Dec 19, 2020 8:01 AM

May 2019
kaiki_fan_boy said:
Tbh I didn't expect jujutsu kaisen to be this good.

Thats the case with everything,have low expectations and anything good will blow you off.Have high expectations(which is the case with some anime currently airing),and you try to nitpick in everything even though that thing is great
Dec 19, 2020 8:40 AM
Oct 2018
Alpha_Druid said:
JJK again with a mediocre episode. Yuji was spouting some pseudo intellectual bullshit there. Even though his character is not strong enough/not developed at all to support his views that he was spouting. Mahito is still the bland, 1D villain. It's ironic how the only relatively good character was a minor one i.e Junpei. But even his death didn't make me flinch so I guess the author failed to develop him enough.

The animation was inconsistent. The anatomy of characters were very wrong in places not unlike in GoHS. The direction was lacking fairly. Shots were framed weirdly. I had to go back and watch to make sense of the scenes a couple of times. The choreography of the fight is again appalling. The camera moves in weird ways making it somewhat difficult to follow the fight. This combined with the direction of the fight thoroughly ruin the fight.

The plot armor and plot convenience shown here is also interesting. Yuji gets stabbed throughout his body and is just fine. No blood loss was even shown. He didn't fall dead even though he probably has many ruptured organs. And there is Nanami conveniently appearing to save Yuji.

It's not all bad though. The animation on some scenes was good. The backgrounds are again, very nice and detailed. Junpei was also a good character, atleast until his demise.

Damn some of you all got a lot of free time to watch the anime you hate so much lmao. Anyways another top tier episode of aoty 2020, jujutsu kaisen.
Dec 19, 2020 8:45 AM
Dec 2015
Wow what a great episode!

Poor Junpei, wasn't expecting that :(
Dec 19, 2020 9:49 AM
May 2020
The constant headbutts made me squirm! The animation plus the sound of impact gave me chills!
Dec 19, 2020 10:05 AM

Mar 2020
Zener said:
kaiki_fan_boy said:
Tbh I didn't expect jujutsu kaisen to be this good.

Thats the case with everything,have low expectations and anything good will blow you off.Have high expectations(which is the case with some anime currently airing),and you try to nitpick in everything even though that thing is great
Yeah but I can't keep myself from having those high expectations when something like attack on titan is coming out and I am not disapointed tbh. Tho I would say that people would have enjoyed tower of god more if they didn't compare it to one piece all the time. The hype was based on nothing concrete and here we are now, for AOT it's different, it only needs to be adapted properly and it will be amazing. So yeah I would say that the best is to have realistic expectations.
check out odd taxi
Dec 19, 2020 10:11 AM

Jun 2020
Omg what is this robromance, it’s so good. I wish they had more time together.....Junpei deserves better he’s been through so much. Oh god I love Itadori (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`) when he apologised to Junpei & was so empathetic......(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

Poor Junpei (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)
His VA has also been amazing

Erm...........how is Yuuji not dying/suffering from his injuries plot armour?????? Unless you fallen asleep or didn’t watch the other episodes or maybe conveniently forgotten that he had been brought back to life I’m pretty sure him being a vessel for Sukuna and Sukuna being literally inside him has influence over his physical body

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Dec 19, 2020 10:26 AM
Oct 2020
Man... I literally clapped at the end.
It was damn GREAT episode.

Mappa killing it .

I'm sorry for junpei though.:( I hope he comes back or something.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

639 by PRIME_OptiK »»
May 4, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.