Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 19, 2020 2:17 PM

Aug 2015
Monogatari: bunch of pseudo pretentious conversations that only led to Araragi talking about how horny he gets for the girls including his sisters and a few minors.

SNK: These guys are the definition of "In this essay I will" explain why SnK is the best piece of media in existance and willl go even further than the eva fanbase to justify and look for some weird clues that "everything was made from the start" like a few shadows being Eren in the first chapters and stuff. Ridiculous.

Madoka: Thank god they are almost dead now, but it was painful how hard they went on "How Madoka defied every cliche in the magical girl genre" when other series did it before, better, and with less shit, like Utena.
Nov 19, 2020 2:24 PM

May 2018
The most notorious are Monogatari fans. They imagine that this mere harem ecchi show (which is 90% dirty talks and sexy poses) is something deep and thoughtful and the God's Epiphany itself. And if you dare to say it's not that good then prepare to have lots of insults and death wishes.
Nemo_NiemandNov 19, 2020 2:29 PM

Nov 19, 2020 2:25 PM

Jan 2020
How do you detect a pretentious fanbase? How did you even manage to start a conversation with them in the first place? Why do you discuss anime? How do you manage to find a deep meaning in an anime? HOW CAN YOU FIND A DEEP MEANING INSIDE AN ENTERTAINMENT CULTURE? And once more: WHY THE FUCK DO YOU DISCUSS ANIME!??
Nov 19, 2020 2:49 PM

Jan 2013
Evangelion and Monogatari fans.

KuroNekoAlchemy said:
no anime in particular, but if you see someone with a list of favourites full of anime from 1990's and older, run!
Hello friend. ;)
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Nov 19, 2020 3:02 PM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
LOGH.

Character limit sucks. You only need four characters to end the thread.
Nov 19, 2020 3:30 PM

Jun 2020
For clarification:

I don’t say something like LotGH is a pretentious show which consider to be “critically acclaimed” series. I only describe the fanbase themselves (not generally tho), and most LoGH fans are like unlicensed professors who just want to flex with their pseudo-intellectual knowledge, when in fact, you don’t even have something like Ph.D degree. You are just an anime fan with pretentious mentality to be preachy with your so-called “intellectual taste”. Like I get it, you really want something educational? How about giving us some sort of fundraising program to educate most youths who needs to be educated? In that way, you’ll benefit the society just how LotGH shows how most soldiers contribute themselves and the society as their moral sense that should have been a lesson to be learned from it. It’s kinda ironic that LotGH is an “elitist” show, when in my understanding, it has main theme that portrays about combating against elitism itself too. Wow, I’ve never seen that coming.

Also, what mean in “professor” analogy is what Maneki-Neko’s reply best described for towards most intellectual shows, “Professor’s lecture with boring 20+ minutes”. Are you going to please the students to have 20+ minutes of boring lecture that is needed to “educate” with the requirement of high IQ standard? Psychologically, no. They will mostly tend to yawn and fall asleep with drowsy brain cells.

With that, those intellectual shows can also failed one significant criteria that can psychologically affect the audience, and that is entertainment. If you think sitting in front of the “professor” discussing about his/her “boring” lecture is entertaining for you, that’s fine... I don’t give a shit. Keep educating. But you don’t have to be a dick to flex with your “superior” knowledge towards every average human being because we all have limited thought process. That’s just an excuse of how insecure and pedant you are. Thus, pretentiousness is one of the toxic traits within every Internet culture too.

There's always a large barrier of pure definition between education and entertainment. Mixing it both can be determined to its own merits to be effective, but each audience's verdict will be subjectively depended on.
HanashiD4Nov 19, 2020 6:56 PM

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Nov 19, 2020 3:35 PM

May 2010
I find these types of threads tiresome and ill-willed. These have been here forever. Just another venting party for people who try to put others down for their opinions. These threads create nothing of value, but they give birth for a chance to ruin someone's day or perhaps encourage people to bring out their inner toxicity (which is both harmful for themselves and for others in both short and long run.). For anyone with any level of critical thinking it is obvious that confirmation bias plays a huge role whenever someone tries to make these kinds of general assumptions.

These type of threads only serve to worsen the level of discourse and bring even more toxicity into the forums. More often than not the people who participate in these types of discussions are more of a problem than the few annoying fans of *insert a series of your choice*.
GorimNov 19, 2020 3:39 PM
Nov 19, 2020 3:48 PM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
Gorim said:
I find these types of threads tiresome and ill-willed. These have been here forever. Just another venting party for people who try to put others down for their opinions. These threads create nothing of value, but they give birth for a chance to ruin someone's day or perhaps encourage people to bring out their inner toxicity (which is both harmful for themselves and for others in both short and long run.). For anyone with any level of critical thinking it is obvious that confirmation bias plays a huge role whenever someone tries to make these kinds of general assumptions.

These type of threads only serve to worsen the level of discourse and bring even more toxicity into the forums. More often than not the people who participate in these types of discussions are more of a problem than the few annoying fans of *insert a series of your choice*.

The Anime Discussion section of the MAL forum has a "I just saw this thread yesterday by a different OP" problem, but it is too far gone to care about.

Although I will say most of the shows being listed in a thread like this has more than "a few" annoying fans, and the people posting here are definitely not breeding more toxicity than those "few".
Nov 19, 2020 4:19 PM

May 2010
_FRB_ said:
Gorim said:

The Anime Discussion section of the MAL forum has a "I just saw this thread yesterday by a different OP" problem, but it is too far gone to care about.

Although I will say most of the shows being listed in a thread like this has more than "a few" annoying fans, and the people posting here are definitely not breeding more toxicity than those "few".

About the amount of the annoying fans we just have to agree to disagree, because for sure I don't think there are more than a few. And even in the cases where there are few dozens it's just a droplet in the sea. I for one wouldn't feel comfortable as labeling a whole fanbase based on that. And I don't see any purpose in doing so anyway.

I despair when OP and some other people here generalize others in this type of manner:
"I only describe the fanbase themselves (not generally tho), and most LoGH fans are like..."
On MyAnimeList LOGH has some 30 000 people who rate it 10/10. Actually just how many toxic LOGH fans have you seen in a past week lets say?

I rarely ever see these pseudo-elitists being toxic or complaining, but I do see these types of threads with hundreds of disparaging comments on a weekly, if not daily, basis.

The point is that I don't think there is need for either type of toxicity. Not the type which people are complaining here nor is there a need for these types of threads. These just bring out the worst in people.
Nov 19, 2020 4:33 PM

Apr 2020
First off, the OP did quite the malicious thing by saying "pretentious fanbase" which was simply a way to stoke tribalism among those who are prone to get offended by other people's opinions.

With that said, the very premise of this thread is wrong. It isn't what anime's fanbase is pretentious, it's those in the overall anime fanbase who are pretentious. This is an important distinction because literally every fucking anime fanbase has it's group of pretentious individuals. Those who claim to have "refined taste" and ram their opinions down everyone's throats thinking they're hot shit. It doesn't matter if they like MHA or the Monogatari Series, because those type of people will champion either of those shows and act toxic regardless. Now there is nothing wrong with stating your opinion about something in a reasonable and civil manner, but pretentious posturing is what shitbags do.

Anyways, we all watch cartoons, so it isn't really worth degrading a certain fanbase for no reason than just the fact that you didn't like that cartoon. Don't act like a child.
it's over | we're so back | don't take this too seriously

Nov 19, 2020 4:34 PM

Jul 2013
Gorim said:

Dude just check OP's post history and you'll see he's just likely projecting his faults and insecurities to other people. Note that he keeps on blaming others when he's been doing the same.
justinian_1Nov 19, 2020 4:40 PM
Nov 19, 2020 4:37 PM

Jun 2020
from what i've seen, re;zero. i personally liked re;zero but everyone was always like its such a unique take on isekai bla bla.
Nov 19, 2020 4:37 PM

Aug 2015
Evangelion, HxH, Tatami Galaxy, Monogatari, Texhnolyze, LoGH

Nov 19, 2020 4:38 PM

Oct 2017
I guess I haven't spent too much time on LoGH threads because I fucking love that show and never thought it was this popular and that the fanbase is also this trashy. I have to agree with people when it comes to NGE tho, another one of my favorite shows like people really think they are really smart because they "get it".
But back to the point of thread, yeah Re:Zero takes the cake and I even enjoy some aspects of the show but if you say anything about one of the shitty waifus and you get 200 people trying to tell you that you didn't pay attention to the detail in someone character that was there for half a frame and that will be explained 20 episodes later why this is the best show of all time space continuum from dimension W and next season will explain everything and your mind will be blown away, that you will be in a time loop in the universe of Steins Gate where a Gate will open and dinosaurs will fly and breath fire while fighting goku....
Nov 19, 2020 4:54 PM
Sep 2020
Re:Zero I guess, I'm not really sure but I haven't met anyone toxic that loves re:zero.
Nov 19, 2020 4:56 PM

Aug 2019
It would be Madoka Magica. I think its fanbase don't know the meaning of "desconstruction" since they use this word very often to sell this series. Madoka just another Mahou Shoujo only with darker twist, just that :v.

Steins;Gate. You need 200 IQ to understand this bullshit. It just another dating sim harem. Admit it :)
Nov 19, 2020 6:15 PM
Nov 2015
BadJoash said:
freizel said:
Again what is wrong with 90s anime? Was well made, color palette was modest, character desing was more original, ost where interesting and the asthethic was coo l

Nothing wrong at all, everything you just said is 100% true. It just seems though that a lot (not all, don't kill me) of the fanbase of older anime will burn you at the stake if you give their favorite anime anything less than a 10/10

Hahaha What? No, i Will Never understand why people say that , i dont Mind if you dont like the anime i like if you just say that but some people are rude xD
Nov 19, 2020 6:49 PM
Dec 2014
serial experiments lain, man those guys are a bunch of clowns
Nov 19, 2020 8:37 PM

Jun 2020
justinian_1 said:
Gorim said:

Dude just check OP's post history and you'll see he's just likely projecting his faults and insecurities to other people. Note that he keeps on blaming others when he's been doing the same.

Eh? Since when I keep on blaming others?

Nov 19, 2020 8:43 PM

Jul 2007
Lucifrost said:
Umineko fans are easily the most pretentious. If you haven't noticed, it's only because most of them hate the anime.
What I mean is, there's less exposure to the fanbase on MAL. Because this isn't a visual novel site.

The anime and visual novel are two different entities. How does them not liking the questionable anime adaption make them pretentious? I don't dislike the anime, but it is hardly a fair representation as to why we love Umineko so much. When an anime is a poor adaption of the source material, it's fair to call it out. I don't see this as pretentious.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Nov 19, 2020 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
Dragon Ball..
well,the fact is their fight in outside universe,so,Goku and friends has the most pretentious.. And its been along ago
Nov 19, 2020 8:48 PM
Apr 2020
As good as Evangelion was,Can't stand it's obnoxious fanbase
Nov 19, 2020 9:35 PM

Apr 2016
AOT fans, I reviewed AOT manga once and two guys came to argue on my profile about how deep it actually is. I have also seen a bunch of them in the wild calling it the greatest manga ever made because of the twist. They clearly have never seen Gundam before.
Nov 19, 2020 9:39 PM

Aug 2017
Maybe Dragon Ball.

"Can he beat Goku though?" Whenever a fight discussion busts out.

Demon Slayer fans usually are the most toxic fan base along with Boku no hero academia.
Nov 20, 2020 12:54 AM

Jun 2020
Gorim said:
_FRB_ said:

About the amount of the annoying fans we just have to agree to disagree, because for sure I don't think there are more than a few. And even in the cases where there are few dozens it's just a droplet in the sea. I for one wouldn't feel comfortable as labeling a whole fanbase based on that. And I don't see any purpose in doing so anyway.

I despair when OP and some other people here generalize others in this type of manner:
"I only describe the fanbase themselves (not generally tho), and most LoGH fans are like..."
On MyAnimeList LOGH has some 30 000 people who rate it 10/10. Actually just how many toxic LOGH fans have you seen in a past week lets say?

I rarely ever see these pseudo-elitists being toxic or complaining, but I do see these types of threads with hundreds of disparaging comments on a weekly, if not daily, basis.

The point is that I don't think there is need for either type of toxicity. Not the type which people are complaining here nor is there a need for these types of threads. These just bring out the worst in people.

You know, there are most fans who fail to understand the merits of how LotGH intended to do. I have watched 13 episodes of it, and I can determine the narrative theme and theory which is the political and social criticism against elitism itself, considering that as a concrete reference towards everything that every politician, aristocrat, and general is highly proud of themselves, which it is an ironic effect towards most fans since they mostly think of themselves as same as these aforementioned examples rather than how the main cast of LoTGH being portrayed to. It's becoming a meme right now to the point that most fans have became pretentious due to the failed application of morality from how LoTGH delivered to be in a moral sense. That is blatant hypocrisy and betrayal by ignoring what they learned from the theme itself.

Every show like LotGH has its value, and yet most fans (in elitist sense) are contradictory from understanding and applying the value of it. It’s more of their just own style.

HanashiD4Nov 20, 2020 2:51 AM

Nov 20, 2020 2:49 AM
Jul 2018
EndlessMaria said:
Lucifrost said:
Umineko fans are easily the most pretentious. If you haven't noticed, it's only because most of them hate the anime.
What I mean is, there's less exposure to the fanbase on MAL. Because this isn't a visual novel site.

The anime and visual novel are two different entities. How does them not liking the questionable anime adaption make them pretentious? I don't dislike the anime, but it is hardly a fair representation as to why we love Umineko so much. When an anime is a poor adaption of the source material, it's fair to call it out. I don't see this as pretentious.

PREACH KEEP PREACHING MATE. And then he'll call you pretentious, won't he?
Nov 20, 2020 3:15 AM

Nov 2016
Adimus_prime said:
This thread is absolute ass cancer. Why does it have more replies than my horniest fandom thread?

The denizens of this website just find cancer much more fun than something as wholesome as praising the 10/10 fate doujins or the godlike AL fanarts.
Nov 20, 2020 3:16 AM
Jul 2018
*Insert any fanbase of whatever show I don't like here.
Nov 20, 2020 4:01 AM
Jul 2018
El7 said:
*Insert any fanbase of whatever show I don't like here.

But they bullied me and pointed out my logical fallacies :,((((((((
Nov 20, 2020 5:40 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I like how people bitching about this thread's toxic nature have like, a couple of hundred posts at most. Let's see if they stay active for 5 more years and keep saying the same things in threads like this.

Spoiler: This board was always a dump, is a dump, and will continue to be a dump. This thread is absolutely nothing in comparison to the scope of that, and even if you're a member who leaves a crater of an impact and spends the better part of 10 years writing multi-thousand word essays railing against threads like this one and going after people in them with equal vigor - like Pullman did - you're not changing anything. Even if you reach someone and get them to disapprove of threads like this, they'll leave, just like all short-term regulars, and new ones will pop up and you'll get stuck in a cycle of starting from scratch every time you fight against shitty behavior because some of the new folk will always bring that sort of thing in with them. Do what most people do and ignore threads like this one on account of your problems with them and let us vent about shit that annoys us. Cut the goodie goodie, "but this is toxic" bullshit. Nobody wants to hear your soapboxing about how threads like this one are shitty and bad, you're not opening anybody's eyes unless they're similarly inexperienced and lacking perspective.

Or, for a more cynical interpretation, stop trying to leapfrog onto the obvious to pretend you're making a profound statement about people acting like assholes. It doesn't matter how articulate you are whenever your post has the depth of a fucking puddle, if you can't distinguish yourself through legitimate knowledge of a topic or multiple topics and you don't stick around long enough to prove it, you're not getting much spotlight any time soon. It doesn't make you look smart or interesting to anybody worth talking to, I promise. Everything you're saying has been said hundreds of times before, and all you're doing is joining in that sea of same-faces who also thought people would think that they were smart or observant for pointing out the obvious.
ManabanNov 20, 2020 5:55 AM

Nov 20, 2020 5:50 AM
Jul 2018
To Love Ru has the most pretentious fanbase.
Nov 20, 2020 5:54 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
operationvalkyri said:

thank you, finally someone says acknowledges it

we are the LotGH fans of anime tits

Nov 20, 2020 5:58 AM

Feb 2016
WNchad said:
EndlessMaria said:

PREACH KEEP PREACHING MATE. And then he'll call you pretentious, won't he?

That’s not what I meant at all. It’s because the anime is considered bad that Umineko is rarely discussed on MAL. So there’s few opportunities to see just how pretentious the fanbase is. It’s the attitude towards the games that’s pretentious, not the attitude towards the anime.
その目だれの目?
Nov 20, 2020 6:08 AM
Jul 2018
Manaban said:
operationvalkyri said:

thank you, finally someone says acknowledges it

we are the LotGH fans of anime tits

I saw your tl;dr post above me and I couldn't resist.
Nov 20, 2020 6:08 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Oh, and VN fans are also just an entirely different thing all together. They have a tendency to sourcefa(n) so hard that they can put LN and manga sourcfa(n)s to shame, which, yes, is not only impressive, but failing to understand what being an adaptation even entails and basing your criticisms around a lack of diehard commitment to displaying every nook and cranny of the usually very long material its based on is extremely pretentious, at least if we're operating under the established definition of pretentious in this thread. You don't know shit about decent critique if you have to base it around that much.

That's putting aside other amazing stuff I've run into. My personal favorite experience is when someone tried to argue to me he was more of an ecchi fan than I am, purely on the basis that he reads VNs and I don't, or how some people got their posts screened and pulled over to some wanky subreddit where people could shittalk them and pat each other on the back for being the only ones to truly understand and appreciate why VNs were superior.

I don't know what it is about voice acted picture books with BGM that elevates it so far above pretty much any semi-related media, but I'm clearly not ascended enough to grasp the amazing depth of such things. I'm reminded of when South Park did an episode about Prius drivers where they just keep sniffing their own farts the whole time. Just replace the cars you drive with preferring VNs.

ManabanNov 20, 2020 6:11 AM

Nov 20, 2020 6:26 AM
Jul 2018
Manaban said:
I like how people bitching about this thread's toxic nature have like, a couple of hundred posts at most. Let's see if they stay active for 5 more years and keep saying the same things in threads like this.

Spoiler: This board was always a dump, is a dump, and will continue to be a dump. This thread is absolutely nothing in comparison to the scope of that, and even if you're a member who leaves a crater of an impact and spends the better part of 10 years writing multi-thousand word essays railing against threads like this one and going after people in them with equal vigor - like Pullman did - you're not changing anything. Even if you reach someone and get them to disapprove of threads like this, they'll leave, just like all short-term regulars, and new ones will pop up and you'll get stuck in a cycle of starting from scratch every time you fight against shitty behavior because some of the new folk will always bring that sort of thing in with them. Do what most people do and ignore threads like this one on account of your problems with them and let us vent about shit that annoys us. Cut the goodie goodie, "but this is toxic" bullshit. Nobody wants to hear your soapboxing about how threads like this one are shitty and bad, you're not opening anybody's eyes unless they're similarly inexperienced and lacking perspective.

Or, for a more cynical interpretation, stop trying to leapfrog onto the obvious to pretend you're making a profound statement about people acting like assholes. It doesn't matter how articulate you are whenever your post has the depth of a fucking puddle, if you can't distinguish yourself through legitimate knowledge of a topic or multiple topics and you don't stick around long enough to prove it, you're not getting much spotlight any time soon. It doesn't make you look smart or interesting to anybody worth talking to, I promise. Everything you're saying has been said hundreds of times before, and all you're doing is joining in that sea of same-faces who also thought people would think that they were smart or observant for pointing out the obvious.
Manaban said:
Oh, and VN fans are also just an entirely different thing all together. They have a tendency to sourcefa(n) so hard that they can put LN and manga sourcfa(n)s to shame, which, yes, is not only impressive, but failing to understand what being an adaptation even entails and basing your criticisms around a lack of diehard commitment to displaying every nook and cranny of the usually very long material its based on is extremely pretentious, at least if we're operating under the established definition of pretentious in this thread. You don't know shit about decent critique if you have to base it around that much.

That's putting aside other amazing stuff I've run into. My personal favorite experience is when someone tried to argue to me he was more of an ecchi fan than I am, purely on the basis that he reads VNs and I don't, or how some people got their posts screened and pulled over to some wanky subreddit where people could shittalk them and pat each other on the back for being the only ones to truly understand and appreciate why VNs were superior.

I don't know what it is about voice acted picture books with BGM that elevates it so far above pretty much any semi-related media, but I'm clearly not ascended enough to grasp the amazing depth of such things. I'm reminded of when South Park did an episode about Prius drivers where they just keep sniffing their own farts the whole time. Just replace the cars you drive with preferring VNs.

I love how you write paragraphs upon paragraphs but the content within is truly vapid. Scamboli was right.
Nov 20, 2020 6:27 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
WNchad said:

I love how you write paragraphs upon paragraphs but the content within is truly vapid. Scamboli was right.

then go for it

break apart what i have to say and expose me for the farce that i am

Nov 20, 2020 6:29 AM
Jul 2018
Manaban said:

then go for it

break apart what i have to say and expose me for the farce that i am

Just read it again, you'll notice how shallow it is.
Nov 20, 2020 6:32 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
WNchad said:

Just read it again, you'll notice how shallow it is.

then it shouldn't be an issue for you to totally tear apart

please, rip me a new one, i'm waiting

Nov 20, 2020 6:42 AM
Jul 2018
Manaban said:

please, rip me a new one,

Looks like I already did mate. Take a note from Scamboli and write like a normal human being.
Nov 20, 2020 6:56 AM

Feb 2016
Manaban said:

I think it’s the relative obscurity that creates an echo chamber. The visual novel market is so much smaller than the anime market that most of them are aimed at niche audiences. The upcoming Muv Luv anime will disappoint, mark my words.
その目だれの目?
Nov 20, 2020 7:06 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Lucifrost said:

I think it’s the relative obscurity that creates an echo chamber. The visual novel market is so much smaller than the anime market that most of them are aimed at niche audiences. The upcoming Muv Luv anime will disappoint, mark my words.

The issue I tend to take is the same for pretty much all three, between LN, manga, and VN - usually it's just responding to issues people are taking with the series, and then trying to move that discussion to an area where they can dictate the contents and quality thereof to the other party, which they're likely unfamiliar with. It's a cheap way to try to negate criticism, and it's why it almost invariably boils down to people saying some variation of "it was way better in the manga/LN/VN." The differences between adaptation and source and the severity of their impact are incredibly flexible at that point, so long as the other party can use it in a way to dictate the *actual* quality of the series and why the anime is just some cheap knock-off.

It's a pansy-ass way of trying to deflect criticism towards the series, more or less. It's not tackling it head-on or discussing it in any meaningful way whatsoever. Worse yet is when the criticisms from their end are rooted in an adaptation not being 1:1 with the source material, as if any adaptation was ever obligated to do that. The adaptation doesn't owe shit to the source material, it's functioning as an independent entity with entirely different creators that are just using the source as a basis for their own work - and hell, I'd argue that in cases like Nazo no Kanojo X or Sankarea, the drastic changes the adaptations made were significant *improvements.* In that context, trying to pass the adaptation off as cheap bullshit compared to the real deal reeks more of fans being insecure of their content reaching a wider audience more than anything. Could be a lack of confidence in their series' quality, or it could be just a way to try to flex how they were into something before it's cool. That matters little in the face of it usually just being absolute bullshit, though.
ManabanNov 20, 2020 7:11 AM

Nov 20, 2020 7:09 AM
Oct 2020
MHA, BECAUSE IT WAS SUB category and the only i can't stand it was it's mc toast
Nov 20, 2020 7:13 AM
Mar 2011
I would say that applies to every work of fiction I like: Gintama, Bleach, HxH, JoJo, Higurashi, Umineko. People often like to say that what they like is good, so... I hope people still have the right to say what show they like, why is it such a problem? Of course when people say that something is deep, often they can't compare to a lot of other "deep" show to really say if it really is or not.
Nov 20, 2020 7:17 AM

Feb 2016
@Manaban
You have a point. But discussions of an anime’s source material can also be pretentious when criticism of any sort is frowned upon. It’s always “you don’t understand” or even “it gets better.” Of course it will seem to get better if the haters all drop it before that point!
その目だれの目?
Nov 20, 2020 7:41 AM

Oct 2018
A lot of pretentious fanbases out there like LotGH or something but the most arrogant about it are like the romance fanbases imo

Toradora, Tatami Galaxy, monogatari, bunny girl are just euhhghhhgh

@Kshitij007 is on to something though.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Nov 20, 2020 7:45 AM

Oct 2017
Monogatari, 3-gatsu no Lion, Steins;Gate & Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Nov 20, 2020 8:16 AM

Jun 2020
Can somebody understand the intentions of satire around here? This is like writing a fucking 5-paragraph serious essay about a certain meme in "X starter pack" format.

Nov 20, 2020 11:05 AM

Jan 2013
@WNchad What the fuck does scamboli have to do with this?

HanashiD4 said:
Can somebody understand the intentions of satire around here? This is like writing a fucking 5-paragraph serious essay about a certain meme in "X starter pack" format.
I see you're still new around here.
Is this criticism towards @Manaban?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Nov 20, 2020 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
Cabron said:
@WNchad What the fuck does scamboli have to do with this?

Just someone who triggers the shit out of him. There was a thread where he wrote a literal novel when someone mentioned Scamboli. I thought he would write another essay if I mentioned him but it seems he didn't take the bait.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 8 hours ago

28 by pk8list »»
39 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

223 by iftsistrnn »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

62 by _ATG_ »»
10 minutes ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

58 by _ATG_ »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

85 by maya2003s »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.